The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Teaching His Word (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What does god say about eating babies? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=46898)

Nefiron 07-20-2010 04:17 PM

What does god say about eating babies?

Can someone give me a scripture where the bible do not allow humans to consume their infants? :brimley:

Billy Bob Jenkins 07-20-2010 04:26 PM

Re: What does god say about eating babies?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefiron (Post 562610)
Can someone give me a scripture where the bible do not allow humans to consume their infants? :brimley:

You disgust me. First of all, why would you want to eat your young when God has given us so many more merciful ways to appease our hunger? Second of all, how can you let the little children come to Jesus when you are eating them?

Matthew 19:14 (King James Version) But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

Nefiron 07-20-2010 04:43 PM

It's just a normal retoric question.
I'm not the one who have been in jail remember.

Why should I eat any infant?
Anyways. Thanks for giving me answer.

God bless you.

Pastor Rune Enoe 07-20-2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

What a silly question. All through the Bible you'll see that the only people God forces to eat their infants are the sinners.
Jeremiah 19:9 And I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend in the siege and straitness, wherewith their enemies, and they that seek their lives, shall straiten them.

Ezekiel Bathfire 07-20-2010 09:26 PM

I am informed that babies should be prepared as per sucking pig. A long slow roast on a low heat followed by, say, 30 minutes at a high temperature to crisp up the skin.

I hope this helps.

Nefiron 07-20-2010 09:47 PM

I see! Thanks. :)

Oakland "Reb" Griner 07-20-2010 09:49 PM

Criminal prosecution of cannibals is rare because it is understood that cannibalism is a curse imposed by God. So the act is generally (not always) recognized as its' own punishment, and furthermore, that God is taking care of things in His own way.

I thank Prune Danish for posting the relevant Scripture.

If you find yourself eating your offspring, you have certainly offended God and you need to repent real bad.

Sister Charli 07-21-2010 04:00 PM

Maybe Mrs Rogers might be better informed than me about the maori eating the mori ori in New Zealand and John Key (the NZ PM) recently having a case of foot in mouth (metaphorically speaking) in parliament after joking about being eaten by a hostile tribal group. :o

waywardJim 08-15-2010 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prune Danish (Post 562730)
What a silly question. All through the Bible you'll see that the only people God forces to eat their infants are the sinners.
Jeremiah 19:9 And I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend in the siege and straitness, wherewith their enemies, and they that seek their lives, shall straiten them.

If Christians read the Bible I believe there would be fewer Christians.

Sister Charli 08-15-2010 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waywardJim (Post 580230)

I hear what you are saying. Only True Christians™ take the time to read God's Holy Word daily and follow all His teachings without question. :innocent:

Many people call themselves christian (note little c) but have no idea. They think going to church Christmas and Easter means a place in Heaven. Are they going to be very disappointed or what?

Jedediah 08-15-2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waywardJim (Post 580230)

False Christians do not read the Bible, and they are in no better position than atheists. I'm sure you've noticed all the false Christians who come here to put their ignorance of the Bible on display only to receive a stern rebuke from those of us who follow His Word to the letter.

We are beset on all sides by false deceivers and false Christs, and many who wish to seek His Face will be seduced and led astray by them.

Matthew 7:13-15
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Their "churches" are more akin to country clubs than Houses of Worship, and they will not be counted among the 144,000 elect.

Revelation 14:1-5
And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of Jesuss harping with their harps:
And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

After reading these verses, Wayward Jim, are you ready to turn your life around, so that you may be among the 144,000 who are not thrown into the lake of fire?

I will continue to pray for your wanton soul.

Robert Jones 08-15-2010 10:16 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Exodus 20:13 Thou shalt not kill.
God doesn't specifically say that humans can't eat their babies, but eating would involve the child dying at some point and is therefore going against the commandment.

Nurse Clampett 08-15-2010 11:01 PM

If you absolutely MUST I suggest a generous sprinkling of all American A1 Sauce. Children taste awful without it. Not that I would personally know this, but one does hear such things when one obtains her medical degrees in the Philippines.:unsure:

http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/u...g?t=1281912967