The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Godly Politics (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   My Opinions on Romney: Then vs. Now (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=77017)

Wash O'Hanley 04-23-2012 03:18 AM

My Opinions on Romney: Then vs. Now

Now that Romney has all but gained the Republican nomination for President of the United States in this upcoming election it is time for all us Republicans to get behind this candidate, like him or not, and bolster him to the top come November. True, I've slung a lot of negativity at Romney these last few months in hopes that another candidate would defeat him, but for every critical statement like "I'd rather pay a 12 year old Mexican anchor baby my year's salary to set an M-80 off in my urethra and then let a colony of fire ants have their way with whatever's left of my manhood than see someone as patently unqualified as Mitt Romney win the Presidency (February 15th, 2012)," there's a dozen beaming statements of endorsement like "It looks like I'm going to have to vote for Romney come November (April 19th, 2012)." In other words I've come around to the guy.

In the following post I'm going to juxtapose my comments that were critical of Romney vs. my recent shining comments of our Republican Presidential candidate to show that I am truly behind this guy.

Slightly critical quote:
"Mitt Romney is so out of touch with the average American it's like he's some sort of autistic robot that hails from a distant planet that's made entirely out of money. I don't see any scenario where he wins the majority of blue collar votes (September 26th, 2011)."

Vs. gleaming example of my approval of this candidate:
"I think many Americans will have no problem voting for Mitt Romney come November (April 20th, 2012)."

Harsh but fair observation about Romney:
"Every time this guy opens his mouth it seems like he is trying to compete with Santorum to see who can alienate female voters the quickest. I would go so far as to say that a life-sized cardboard cutout in a 7-11 of Charles Barkley selling Vagasil has a better chance of winning the female vote at this point (February 6th, 2012)."

Vs. Extremely positive endorsement:
"I think that his record on women's rights issues speaks for itself (April 16th, 2012)."

Taken out of context this does seem rather harsh, and taken in context it's also pretty harsh:
"Romney has been trying to drum up support by ritualistically committing political suicide every time he's in front of a microphone by putting on some kind of bizarre Christo-Facsist, Woman-hating Kabuki theater and it's not going to work (March 8th, 2012)."

Vs. What I truly believe:
"I believe the Romney campaign has made a series of very sound political decisions to get to where it is today."

Slightly negative comment:
"Romney flip flops so much you'd think he's a fish out of water. And like that invasive Asian Carp I caught last week, all I want to do is bash his brains in with an oar to help prevent him from continuing to poison America (August 13th, 2011)."

Vs. Beaming praise of our future Republican nominee:
"Romney's change of heart on a variety of subjects shows a certain level of maturity, and I believe his varying stances will make him appealing even to Liberal voters (April 18th, 2011)."

A little rough:
"The Romney Presidency would be a bigger abortion than the one his parents should have gotten (June 11th, 2011)."

Vs. How I feel now:
"Mitt Romney is a candidate for the Presidency in 2012 (April 14th, 2012)."

Extremely harsh but still warranted criticism:

"The only way I will vote for Mitt Romney is if he uses his Mormon witchcraft to curse me, causing me to vote for him against my will, at which point, faced with the knowledge that I've just voted for Romney, I will fling myself out a tenth story window and plunge to my horrible death (April 9th, 2012)."

Vs. My current opinion:
"Yes, I'm planning on voting for Mitt Romney (April 10th, 2012)."

So hopefully this clears a few things up about my stance on Mitt Romney: I support the man fully for the Presidency and plan on voting for him in November, unless Chris Christie jumps into the race.

Rev. M. Rodimer 04-23-2012 04:22 AM

Re: My Opinions on Romney: Then vs. Now

I'm glad to see you have remained as consistent as Brother Bobby-Joe in your steadfast support for the polygamist freak who thinks he will be god of his own planet after he dies our next President! :thumbsup:

Bobby-Joe 04-23-2012 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. M. Rodimer (Post 875420)
I'm glad to see you have remained as consistent as Brother Bobby-Joe in your steadfast support for the polygamist freak who thinks he will be god of his own planet after he dies our next President! :thumbsup:

That's right Rev -me, Wash and many REAL Americans have always supported Mitt Romney. A Pastor like you should know how the liberals can twist the record to make people sound like they are opportunistic flip floppers jumping on board the bandwagon after one side wins.

Little Donkey 04-23-2012 07:36 AM

Well, you go to war with the Presidential Candidate you've got, not the Presidential Candidate you've had months and years to prepare for. Just like wars of choice. Where is Rummy these days anyway?

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 04-23-2012 12:58 PM

I would also like to repent of some things I said which I didn't mean. Like when I mentioned the liberal misinterpretation regarding Jesus warning us about "false prophets": (Matthew 7:15–23, Matthew 24:10-20).

I flippantly said that if we're willing to vote for someone who follows a false prophet, we might as well save time and get straight to voting for a muslim. Then I suggested some of my business partners in Saudi Arabia who I would prefer.

However, on closer reading, the Holy Spirit came to me and told me that Jesus was saying there will be many "false PRODUCTS", which means He predicted today's deluge of bootleg merchandise. See, the Bible predicts EVERYTHING!:thumbsup:

Also, ladies, those Gucci handbags have to be actual Gucci. We will be inspecting.

WWJDnow 04-23-2012 01:11 PM

Brother Wash, you set a fine example of Christian forgiveness. Is it not true that Christ told us that He will forgive our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. I therefore forgive the godly Mitt Romney for all of the many sins he has committed, and will devote my efforts to ensuring that this man, annointed by God as a "severe conservative," becomes our next President.

Provided, of course, that he has an appropriate Christian Vice President by his side to guide him.

Redeemed Papist 04-23-2012 02:51 PM

I'm still patiently awaiting the glorious moment when Mitt renounces his cult and gets with Jesus. I want to see those Osmond faces when he pulls the rug from under them and shows them that he was really a Christian all along.

Johny Joe Hold 04-24-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemed Papist (Post 875546)
I'm still patiently awaiting the glorious moment when Mitt renounces his cult and gets with Jesus. I want to see those Osmond faces when he pulls the rug from under them and shows them that he was really a Christian all along.

Hear, Hear, Redeemed. The day is soon coming when we can call him "Brother Mitt", the Baptist.

Along with the Osmands, so many others will first be disappointed, and then will convert themselves. We can rejoice, too, when the Mormon Temple is converted into a big Baptist Preachin' Hall. :thumbsup:

Bobby-Joe 04-24-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 875958)
Hear, Hear, Redeemed. The day is soon coming when we can call him "Brother Mitt", the Baptist.

Along with the Osmands, so many others will first be disappointed, and then will convert themselves. We can rejoice, too, when the Mormon Temple is converted into a big Baptist Preachin' Hall. :thumbsup:

Brethren,
I think it all ready has happened. After all, a Mormon won the GOP nomination. Christ has clearly spoken here.

Look at it this way - Romney is barely a member of the human race with his utter lack of empathy. He has to be the worst politician in modern America history. He had six years to prepare for this election and managed to blow it at every turn, he can't talk to the press without humiliating himself, yet he won.

There is only one logical explanation: an act of God.

In think we should consider the Mormon Temple is Salt Lake City the same as a Baptist church. Clearly Christ has smiled on the magic underwear crowd and forgiven them of there sins. Who are we to second guess Jesus?

H. Montague Worthington 04-24-2012 06:11 PM

I sense that Romney Fever is sweeping the nation! It's the newest trend-- saying something one minute, and then completely reversing yourself on it the next minute, and ridiculing whomever questions you on the reversal.

If you think about it, the ability to completely change your position 180 degrees-- whenever it suits you, seamlessly, and without criticism or any sort of a nagging conscience-- has got to be one of the most valuable and groundbreaking innovations in the history of electoral politics!!!

Ergo, Mitt Romney is a political genius, destined to be one of Our Greatest Presidents since Harding.

Johny Joe Hold 04-24-2012 11:04 PM

Today's news is that Romney has added an out homer to his executive staff. I think that, too, is a good sign.

It's clear, first, that he intends to leave the Mormon Church, it does not condone homerism, and, second, he intends to employ homers as a ruse to convert them to Christianity and heal their homerism.

Jesus and Romney know what they are doing.

Bobby-Joe 04-24-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 876283)
Today's news is that Romney has added an out homer to his executive staff. I think that, too, is a good sign.

It's clear, first, that he intends to leave the Mormon Church, it does not condone homerism, and, second, he intends to employ homers as a ruse to convert them to Christianity and heal their homerism.

Jesus and Romney know what they are doing.

I also agree that Romney adding an openly gay man who noted for his loathing of woman is a sign that deep down Romney is a good, conservative Christian man not some harem obsessed Mormon.

Johny Joe Hold 04-25-2012 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby-Joe (Post 876293)
I also agree that Romney adding an openly gay man who noted for his loathing of woman is a sign that deep down Romney is a good, conservative Christian man not some harem obsessed Mormon.

ChristianPost.com has the story about Mitt's reparative therapy project:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/mi...stioned-73796/

Mitt, my colleague in Christian politics, keep up the good work. Oh, and, see you at LBC one day soon.:thumbsup:

Rev. M. Rodimer 04-25-2012 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 876304)
ChristianPost.com has the story about Mitt's reparative therapy project:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/mi...stioned-73796/

Mitt, my colleague in Christian politics, keep up the good work. Oh, and, see you at LBC one day soon.:thumbsup:

Wow, this is amazing! I had no idea Mittens was giving up Mormonism! :clap:

I pray he is successful in helping this homosexual give up the sodomitious lifestyle. :pray2:

Roberta 04-25-2012 03:51 AM

Quote:

American Family Association spokesman Bryan Fischer went on CNN today to debate R. Clarke Cooper of the Log Cabin Republicans over the Romney campaigns’ hiring of Richard Grenell, who is openly gay. Fischer, who believes that gays and lesbians should be “disqualified from public office,” repeated his claims that Grenell’s hiring is an attack on the “pro-family community” because “the homosexual agenda represents the single greatest threat to religious liberty in America today” and is a “big gain for the homosexual lobby.”

Professor Bessemer 04-25-2012 05:54 AM

As an openly not homosexual Ex-Gay©, I applaud Brother Mitt for his very Christian gesture of including a disgusting, yet redeemable, sodomite into the inner circle of his now de facto righteously oriented campaign staff.

He has shown us, with his acceptance of this filthy, damned homosexual, that he is just the sort of steadfast conservative that we need to get this country back on track. Those that would call him a desperate, spineless panderer to the vast pool of uneducated and undecided independent voters could not be more incorrect.

Rev. M. Rodimer 04-25-2012 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roberta (Post 876346)
American Family Association spokesman Bryan Fischer went on CNN today to debate R. Clarke Cooper of the Log Cabin Republicans over the Romney campaigns’ hiring of Richard Grenell, who is openly gay. Fischer, who believes that gays and lesbians should be “disqualified from public office,” repeated his claims that Grenell’s hiring is an attack on the “pro-family community” because “the homosexual agenda represents the single greatest threat to religious liberty in America today” and is a “big gain for the homosexual lobby.”

Well, Sister, we all know that while Bryan Fischer has a few right ideas--this should be an officially Christian nation, homosexuality and abortion should be illegal--he's also got his shortcomings. He lacks True Christian™ discernment, and is unable to comprehend that Mitt Romney is quite obviously welcoming this raging homosexual into his administration so he may personally witness to him the Love of Jesus.

Soon, probably a couple of months before the election, we will see that Mitt has abandoned Mormonism and Grenell has got himself a wife! :thumbsup:

Johny Joe Hold 04-25-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. M. Rodimer (Post 876361)

Soon, probably a couple of months before the election, we will see that Mitt has abandoned Mormonism and Grenell has got himself a wife! :thumbsup:

That's also what I see coming--the homer shall be straight and the Mormon shall be Baptist.

I confess I don't know Mitt personally, just some of his staff. One told me Mitt was fretting about how people view him as very wealthy and out of touch--he wanted to have some symbolic press event to make himself seem more "everyman".

Mitt, himself, pitched this idea--that they call the press to one of his homes and have a new Ford delivered, maybe midsized, not a big one, which Mitt would then drive away smiling. The staff discouraged it but are working on a staged hunting event.

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 04-27-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

So Romney is also using his campaign as a get-straight love-love camp. makes sense - after all, Bush's staffers thought nothing of hitting low-ranking women in the face to make them more productive, so GOP campaign offices are just the sort of tough-love environment homosexuals need to be cured.

Cranky Old Man 04-27-2012 05:06 PM

Didn't Romney already win the elections? Did I miss something? I am fairly certain I saw his victory speech on TV.