The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Creation Science (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Volcanos and Earthquakes - yet more proof God created the world for Man (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=69617)

Redeemed Papist 09-11-2011 06:37 AM

Volcanos and Earthquakes - yet more proof God created the world for Man

I've been giving quite a bit of thought to this knotty problem of so-called evidence of geological time these nutjob atheist scientists put forward to say the earth is millions and even billions (I know - crazy) of years old.

I'm going to focus on eathquakes and volcanos.

So the scientists tell us that for the first however many millions of years the earth was barren and volcanos were going off everywhere and earthquakes were ripping up the planet. For them I have just one question: who exactly was God supposed to be smiting?

We know that God sends natural disasters to get our attention and warn us that we are displeasing Him or just to plain old root out the ants nest of sin and depravity like in Sodom and the Great Flood.

Yet these idiot scientists tell us that God was smiting the Earth for millions of years with nobody to witness any warnings or be horrifically burned and crushed to death in order to warn others of their lack of prayer and so on. Why bother? Was God supposed to be warning jellyfish to swim right or fish that they'd better grow legs pretty sharpish? Ever tried to warn a fish? You can yell at them all day while they flap about in the bottom of the boat to grow some lungs and breathe air but they die all the same.

The only point for natural disasters is to warn us of our sinfulness and to repent or be smote again and the only logical conclusion is that Man was right there from the beginning witnessing all these events just like God says. The steady accumulation of evidence as you just think for a moment about the Bible and how it has an answer for every crazy theory these scientists dream up is a marvel to behold!

PRAISE :yahoo:

truthrejecter 10-24-2011 05:23 PM

Re: Volcanos and Earthquakes - yet more proof God created the world for Man

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemed Papist (Post 794490)
I've been giving quite a bit of thought to this knotty problem of so-called evidence of geological time these nutjob atheist scientists put forward to say the earth is millions and even billions (I know - crazy) of years old.

I'm going to focus on eathquakes and volcanos.

So the scientists tell us that for the first however many millions of years the earth was barren and volcanos were going off everywhere and earthquakes were ripping up the planet. For them I have just one question: who exactly was God supposed to be smiting?

We know that God sends natural disasters to get our attention and warn us that we are displeasing Him or just to plain old root out the ants nest of sin and depravity like in Sodom and the Great Flood.

Yet these idiot scientists tell us that God was smiting the Earth for millions of years with nobody to witness any warnings or be horrifically burned and crushed to death in order to warn others of their lack of prayer and so on. Why bother? Was God supposed to be warning jellyfish to swim right or fish that they'd better grow legs pretty sharpish? Ever tried to warn a fish? You can yell at them all day while they flap about in the bottom of the boat to grow some lungs and breathe air but they die all the same.

The only point for natural disasters is to warn us of our sinfulness and to repent or be smote again and the only logical conclusion is that Man was right there from the beginning witnessing all these events just like God says. The steady accumulation of evidence as you just think for a moment about the Bible and how it has an answer for every crazy theory these scientists dream up is a marvel to behold!

PRAISE :yahoo:

you have to be the stupidest person i have ever seen! what your saying DISPROVES the fact that god exists, when the world was acting in the way you described millions of years ago, god wasn't smiting anyone, therefore he doesn't exists. and natural disasters are NATURAL you dumb ass! they arent caused by god to get our attention, they are NATURAL.

Redeemed Papist 10-24-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truthrejecter (Post 809049)
you have to be the stupidest person i have ever seen! what your saying DISPROVES the fact that god exists, when the world was acting in the way you described millions of years ago, god wasn't smiting anyone, therefore he doesn't exists. and natural disasters are NATURAL you dumb ass! they arent caused by god to get our attention, they are NATURAL.

What? I'm saying it can't have been true even IF the Earth was that old because why would God bother smiting the world if there were no people? Can you not follow a simple logical thought process?

Good grief! The brainwashing of these dunderheads is worse than I thought.

The Absurdist 10-25-2011 05:27 PM

So, according to your logic, Canada would be a godlier place than the United States because it have less volcanic activities and earthquake, right?

Redeemed Papist 10-25-2011 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Absurdist (Post 809338)
So, according to your logic, Canada would be a godlier place than the United States because it have less volcanic activities and earthquake, right?

Have you ever seen what a truly dreadful icy wilderness Canada is? We have several Canadian True Christians™ and they all testify to how much God has smitten the place with awful weather and so on.

What is it with these atheists and attempting to derail good science with nationalistic rants?

The Absurdist 10-25-2011 05:33 PM

I'm not questionning your logic, just putting it in different context to see if it applies all the time. And Canada is sharing a border with the USA, so I tend to ask myself if it is that much cold there. I was wondering why would God would punish the USA more than the Canada, as the USA is God's favorite country (apparently)

Zechariah Smyth 10-25-2011 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Absurdist (Post 809343)
I'm not questionning your logic, just putting it in different context to see if it applies all the time. And Canada is sharing a border with the USA, so I tend to ask myself if it is that much cold there. I was wondering why would God would punish the USA more than the Canada, as the USA is God's favorite country (apparently)

I'm not sure how familiar you are with maps and such, but that is an East-West border and Canada happens to be on the northern side.

YiC,

Zech
Posted via Mobile Device

The Absurdist 10-25-2011 08:28 PM

Exactly, I'm happy that you agree with me at this point, it'll save me some explications. My question was more about the weather difference between the north of the USA and the south of Canada (where the border is being shared). According to the fact that highest populated cities of Canada are at the south of the country, how could their weather be more intense than the weather of the northern american cities.

Cheers, thanks for the quick replies!

Zechariah Smyth 10-26-2011 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Absurdist (Post 809382)
Exactly, I'm happy that you agree with me at this point, it'll save me some explications. My question was more about the weather difference between the north of the USA and the south of Canada (where the border is being shared). According to the fact that highest populated cities of Canada are at the south of the country, how could their weather be more intense than the weather of the northern american cities.

Cheers, thanks for the quick replies!

I reckon because God doesn't like them as much.

YiC,

Z. Smyth
Posted via Mobile Device

The Absurdist 10-26-2011 02:36 PM

I get your point my friend, but I'm trying to understand where you gets your information about Canada's weather.

According to this site: http://www.weather.com/weather/wxcli...mpare/USMO0602

I've compared the weather between Detroit, MI and Toronto, ON. Detroit is 4°F warmer than Toronto on a year average, so it ain't that cold up there, at least where most of the people lives.

Again, not trying to prove you wrong, just trying to understand.

Cheers!

Redeemed Papist 10-26-2011 02:48 PM

What's this obsession with the lives of Eskimos, friend?

Isn't the simple fact they have been cursed with French people enough?

akaklet 12-12-2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemed Papist (Post 794490)

So you are saying that countries that have less earthquakes and hurricanes etc. are less sinfull?

Then countries like Sweden that have a mutch lover frequent of big earthquakes and never has big hurricanes like Catrina for exampel
should be acting better then for exampel USA

Alphonse Alban 12-12-2011 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akaklet (Post 823150)
Then countries like Sweden that have a mutch lover

I have no idea what is a swiss mutch lover, and I really don't even want to know. However, winter lasts over 9 months in Sweden, so having 6 feet of snow around the year with eternal darkness sounds like horrible enough natural disaster for me.

Redeemed Papist 12-12-2011 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akaklet (Post 823150)
So you are saying that countries that have less earthquakes and hurricanes etc. are less sinfull?

Then countries like Sweden that have a mutch lover frequent of big earthquakes and never has big hurricanes like Catrina for exampel
should be acting better then for exampel USA

So God's will is supposed to be that simplistic, huh?

JoshuaBlackmaster 12-13-2011 03:06 AM

I find it really crazy and idiotic that these monkey worshippers say that there are storms and volcanoes on other planets. Even if there actually were other planets, why would God waste His Holy Time smoting when no one is looking?!

Redeemed Papist 12-13-2011 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshuaBlackmaster (Post 823331)
I find it really crazy and idiotic that these monkey worshippers say that there are storms and volcanoes on other planets. Even if there actually were other planets, why would God waste His Holy Time smoting when no one is looking?!

Earth is not a planet. Planets are lights in the firmament that look like stars but just move about instead, hence they were given a special name of planet (which means wanderer) by the Greeks. The idea that the Earth is a planet as well and that they are other worlds is an entirely secular one.

akaklet 12-14-2011 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphonse Alban (Post 823151)
I have no idea what is a swiss mutch lover, and I really don't even want to know. However, winter lasts over 9 months in Sweden, so having 6 feet of snow around the year with eternal darkness sounds like horrible enough natural disaster for me.

6 feet of snow around the year and eternal darkness?
i dont belive that for a second.. since parts of sweden lies above the arctic circle they should have 24/7 sun in the summers as in for example Alaska, Russia and the rest of the Skandinavian countriese..

Jetisr 12-27-2011 11:50 AM

So that means South Africa is almost devoid of sinners? :D

Redeemed Papist 12-27-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetisr (Post 827440)
So that means South Africa is almost devoid of sinners? :D

God has more than volcanos with which to punish sinners. Have you seen the state of some South Americans?

Jetisr 12-27-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemed Papist (Post 827488)
God has more than volcanos with which to punish sinners. Have you seen the state of some South Americans?

Yes, I have, but I don't see what that has to do with sin.