The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Favorite Bible Verses (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   DEUTERONOMY 22:28 If a woman is raped, she MUST marry her rapist. (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=4419)

Brother Temperance 09-12-2007 11:13 AM

Re: DEUTERONOMY 22:28 If a woman is raped, she MUST marry her rap

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachael Van Helsing (Post 94207)
Let me tell you right now, with that kind of attitude, you will never earn the love or interest of any woman.
It is not just women who wear skimpy clothes who are raped. It's ONE IN EVERY THREE women.

And? One in every three women wear skimpy clothes. More in Muslim countries. JESUS wins again.
Quote:

Unless you yourself are raped, you are in no position to pass judgement.
And I ask again: were you aborted as a foetus? If not, what give you the right to say that other babies should be murdered? Eh?

Rachael Van Helsing 09-12-2007 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Temperance (Post 94607)
And? One in every three women wear skimpy clothes. More in Muslim countries. JESUS wins again.

And if you talked to some victims sometime, you'd find that many of them were not wearing skimpy clothes when attacked. In fact, many of them would have been simply out walking the dog or getting out of a train. Or are innocent children who live too close to pedophiles!

And it doesn't matter if a woman's wearing skimpy clothes. NO man has any right to force himself onto a woman who doesn't consent. It is a CRIME.

And remember, men can get raped too, by other men and even (though much less common) women. Anyone who forces themselves upon anyone else, whether man, woman, or animal, is a criminal. End of story.

Quote:

And I ask again: were you aborted as a foetus? If not, what give you the right to say that other babies should be murdered? Eh?
That's not relevant to this argument, however the foetus is inside the woman's body. Woman's body, woman's choice.

Father Thomas Martin 09-13-2007 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachael Van Helsing (Post 94706)
And if you talked to some victims sometime, you'd find that many of them were not wearing skimpy clothes when attacked. In fact, many of them would have been simply out walking the dog or getting out of a train. Or are innocent children who live too close to pedophiles!

And it doesn't matter if a woman's wearing skimpy clothes. NO man has any right to force himself onto a woman who doesn't consent. It is a CRIME.

And remember, men can get raped too, by other men and even (though much less common) women. Anyone who forces themselves upon anyone else, whether man, woman, or animal, is a criminal. End of story.

That's not relevant to this argument, however the foetus is inside the woman's body. Woman's body, woman's choice.

Okay, the woman has a right to do what she wants with her body...But that right stops when it affects another person's (in that case, the fetus')

SalvationSeeker 09-13-2007 12:24 AM

Quote:

So you support abortion even in the ninth month then?
Or is this your latest argument simply an illogical excuse of an argument?

So what is it:
Are you either completely amoral and without respect for human life?
Or are you simply unable to make a coherent and intelligent argument?
In any case, it sounds like it'd be best if you don't make any decisions whatsover.. :thumbdown:

Rachael Van Helsing 09-13-2007 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SalvationSeeker (Post 94714)
So you support abortion even in the ninth month then?
Or is this your latest argument simply an illogical excuse of an argument?

So what is it:
Are you either completely amoral and without respect for human life?
Or are you simply unable to make a coherent and intelligent argument?
In any case, it sounds like it'd be best if you don't make any decisions whatsover.. :thumbdown:

I support abortion in the first trimester, which is ample time for the woman to make the choice for herself. During that time it is less a baby than a bunch of cells. From the second trimester onwards, well, I don't think that's a good idea.

But the first trimester is plenty of time for a woman to decide if she wants to have the baby or not.

SalvationSeeker 09-13-2007 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachael Van Helsing (Post 94722)
I support abortion in the first trimester, which is ample time for the woman to make the choice for herself. During that time it is less a baby than a bunch of cells. From the second trimester onwards, well, I don't think that's a good idea.

But the first trimester is plenty of time for a woman to decide if she wants to have the baby or not.

So basically, your earlier argument was nothing but an excuse, and not a real argument.

And I can SEE that you support baby-murder, but can you try to give me a reason based in any notion of sense why? No, of course not... :thumbdown:
Though, you are welcome to try so go ahead, post whatever "argument" you may have so the light of Jesus Christ may dissect them all.

PS.
According to what do you judge it a good or a bad idea?
Your own ideas?

Pastor Ezekiel 09-13-2007 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachael Van Helsing (Post 94722)

So then you are 2/3 pro-life and 1/3 baby murderer. Is that a tenable position?

Jesus wants us to protect 100% of human life, not just 2/3 of it.

Praise God, but it does seem that VanHellbound is scooting closer to Christ's love every day. I guess 2/3 is better than nothing. :thumbsup:

Rachael Van Helsing 09-13-2007 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SalvationSeeker (Post 94725)
PS.
According to what do you judge it a good or a bad idea?
Your own ideas?

No, I judge a good idea as one that employs the use of common sense. Something which, of course, your bible seemingly forbids.

lord warrior 09-13-2007 04:03 AM

Quote:

It does matter if the women are wearing skimpy clothes. Thats because we all know that women are satans tools, and a cute girl in a revealing outfit will make a boys blood boil. How many good Christian males have had there lives destroyed by one of Satan's temptresses.
And of course you would bring up the innocent children and the pedophiles.
But in this age of 10 year olds looking like a 18 year old, how do we know that the children are so innocent. I have seen many a young girl run around town in the skimpyist of bikini's. The one's that show there just budding breasts, the long,smooth skin of there long legs that goes all the way up to there cute, round little bottoms. How can you denigh that some of these girls, even if they are young, are not just wanting someone to show them the ways of adult love. Some now have even started little groups in middle schools. They get points on how many older boys and men they can get into trouble for giving into the lust that these "little" girls create. Then one day there in trouble. Thats when they learn Jesus's words " reap what you sow. But our feminazi controlled world, she is always the "victim"
I can be proud to say this has never happened to any of our church's little girls. As the youth pastor there, I tend to teach them right from the start.

Brother Bob Cross 01-09-2008 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachael Van Helsing (Post 94727)
No, I judge a good idea as one that employs the use of common sense. Something which, of course, your bible seemingly forbids.

You must not understand the meaning of 'common sense.' The most common of sense I can think of is that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior... and thats straight from the Bible. Keep trying to spread your lies harlot. God's men will not stagger. Maybe you should learn to judge ideas correctly, such as, by their accordance with the Holy Bible.

lilpentecostalgirl 01-10-2008 01:09 AM

I have this question ( you unsaved scum stay out of this!) As all you Godly men and woman know I was rapped when I was younger which I know was God punishing me because I was a sinner anyways I married my high school sweetheart, the rapist was my cousin my marriage so what would God say about this? Your response is every so important!

lilpentecostalgirl 01-10-2008 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Temperance (Post 93279)
Well, that scripture from the New Testament certainly contradicts Prune's claim that divorce is not forbidden anywhere in the OLD Testament, doesn't it? I've got a question for you: where in either Testament does it forbid the clergy to marry? Check out 1 Timothy 3, you disgusting pervert.

I agree with you Brother! Your um seed needs to be planted in your wife if you had one God wants lots of little soldiers for his army, if your a catlic your just wasting those special "seeds":sacred-life:

JennyD 01-10-2008 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Bob Cross (Post 128107)
You must not understand the meaning of 'common sense.' The most common of sense I can think of is that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior... and thats straight from the Bible. Keep trying to spread your lies harlot. God's men will not stagger. Maybe you should learn to judge ideas correctly, such as, by their accordance with the Holy Bible.

Brother Bob, it is rare to find a gentleman who arrives here with such love for Jesus. I pray that you will stay with us for a long time!

Ahimaaz Smith 01-11-2008 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Father Thomas Martin (Post 94710)
Okay, the woman has a right to do what she wants with her body...But that right stops when it affects another person's (in that case, the fetus')

Can she insert an IUD into her body, Father Martin?

Brother Bob Cross 01-12-2008 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilpentecostalgirl (Post 128346)
I agree with you Brother! Your um seed needs to be planted in your wife if you had one God wants lots of little soldiers for his army, if your a catlic your just wasting those special "seeds":sacred-life:

Yeah, wasting them on altar boys.

Only time will tell 01-14-2008 07:23 PM

:help:

Sorry, rape is wrong.

i doubt :jesus:happened so you could lull yourself to sleep at night thinking it was ok to rape little girls. :thumbdown:

JennyD 01-15-2008 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Only time will tell (Post 129833)
:help:

Sorry, rape is wrong.

i doubt :jesus:happened so you could lull yourself to sleep at night thinking it was ok to rape little girls. :thumbdown:

You sick monster!

Who told you that it was OK to rape little girls?!

Have you been reading that Koran again, and taking after Mohammed, who married a 6-year-old and deflowered her at the ripe old age of NINE?!

What disgusting perversions you bring to God's Favorite Forum! :bad:

Only time will tell 01-15-2008 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennyD (Post 130028)
You sick monster!

Who told you that it was OK to rape little girls?!

Have you been reading that Koran again, and taking after Mohammed, who married a 6-year-old and deflowered her at the ripe old age of NINE?!

What disgusting perversions you bring to God's Favorite Forum! :bad:

i didn't bring it here.
i'm just getting some clarification.

though i doubt the little boys you "teach" can't wait to see you and those soft silky hands of yours.

i'll save you a seat in hell :wub:

Brother Temperance 01-15-2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ahimaaz Smith (Post 129096)
Can she insert an IUD into her body, Father Martin?

Is that not what the foreign terrorists in Iraq are using to blow up our Godly troops? Why on earth would any woman want to stick one of those up there? :o
Quote:

Originally Posted by Only time will tell (Post 130058)
though i doubt the little boys you "teach" can't wait to see you and those soft silky hands of yours.

Are you saying that they can wait to see her? That's not much of a statement. But then again, since you're not a Born-Again Fundamentalist Christian, you're not much of a human being, so no surprise there.

Cecily 01-15-2008 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revrggreen (Post 92427)
28If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;
29Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

This passage cannot be more clear, and it is one many women seem to ignore, and they shall burn in Hell for it!

A rape victim MUST marry her rapist, and the rape victim's father must be compensated for depreciation of his property.

Seems a fair trade, given that the woman would be soiled goods. What kind of real man would want to marry a rape victim anyways? It is disgusting.

I'm sorry, but this seems wrong to me. Rape is indeed an evil thing, so why force the woman to live with it? I obviously cannot argue with the Bible, but it still seems wrong that she should have to marry her rapist. Why not allow her to live without ever marrying instead, using her as an example?

And what of male rape? As disgusting and vulgar as it is, what if a young man or boy is raped by another man? Are they supposed to marry? Why say 'females do this, males do that'? It just confuses me, and I don't know what the answer is. Surely there must be something I'm missing here.:(