The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The introduction forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   My First visit (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=74875)

cheekycurly 02-21-2012 01:52 PM

My First visit

I just wanted to introduce myself. I love the website, it really is amazing. I'm actually an atheist, but having read some of your points I may be starting to see the light.

Of particular interest was the 'handy colour chart' for the 10 commandments, which really does clarify the rules regarding the committal of crimes.

Anyway, nice to meet you all.

Also, what do you people think of the recent burning of the qur'an by NATO forces in Afghanistan? How would you react if it were bibles being burnt?

Lots of Love (non-homo of course)

Chris

Zechariah Smyth 02-21-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekycurly (Post 850089)
I just wanted to introduce myself. *** snip ***

So get to it.

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth
Posted via Mobile Device

Rev. M. Rodimer 02-21-2012 06:04 PM

Re: My First visit

Quote:

Also, what do you people think of the recent burning of the qur'an by NATO forces in Afghanistan? How would you react if it were bibles being burnt?

Why would NATO forces burn Bibles? :huh:

Quote:

Lots of Love (non-homo of course)

Chris
Are you an anti-gay bigot? Since you're an atheist, you are not commanded by God to execute homosexuals, so I can only assume you hate them because of petty prejudices.

Billy Bob Jenkins 02-21-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

I would revel in the persecution, as it only fulfills the Word of God! Any Christian who does not embrace the idea of being persecuted hasn't read the Bible! Being persecuted only proves that the Bible is true! That's why Christians are such a persecuted minority!
Quote:

Matthew 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Faith_Machine 02-21-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Also, what do you people think of the recent burning of the qur'an by NATO forces in Afghanistan?

Oh boy. Here we go again with the Anti-American propaganda. Where did you read that? Mother Jones? The Huffington Post?

Please.

Go find yourself an unbiased information source, such as Fox News or Free Republic, and I'll bet you dollars to donuts it went down like this:

NATO called in a drone strike on some neighborhood full of terrorists, and some of them happened to have a few Korans lying around when they got blown up.

So yes, technically, that would mean NATO troops had caused some Korans to be burned up. But as you can see, when you have all the facts, the story takes on a very different quality.

Pastor Ezekiel 02-22-2012 04:43 AM

If you'd like to find out more about Landover Baptist Church, please read THIS thread created especially for new posters.

If you have a question, use the "search" function before posting it. Most likely it is being discussed somewhere on this Godly forum. Please don't waste God's precious bandwidth.

You will keep a respectful tongue in your head whenever addressing your betters, which includes all True Christians™. Failure to do so, or any attempt at inciting debate or mockery of God's Divine Plan, can and will result in the suspension of your posting privileges.

Your rights on this forum are listed HERE. If you feel that any of these rights have been violated, please don't hesitate to contact a Pastor at once.