The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Christian history forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Scientists Accidentally Prove The Flood Was Real! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=99922)

Pastor Ezekiel 06-19-2014 03:39 AM

Scientists Accidentally Prove The Flood Was Real!

Praise Jesus and His sense of humor. When I saw THIS story, I just knew that He had tossed a few stumbling blocks in front of those secular scienticians, and forced them to answer one of the big objections those atheists have always had against the Biblical story of the Great Flood:

"If God covered the earth in water for 40 days and 40 nights, then where did all that water go?"

Well here's your answer. :gleam:

Quote:

Huge Underground "Ocean" Discovered Towards Earth's Core

Water is what gives our planet its beautiful blue color and is critical for the existence of life as we know it. Our entire planet is nicknamed after it - the "blue planet", or "pale blue dot". A new study led by geophysicist Steve Jacobsen of Northwestern University and seismologist Brandon Schmandt from the University of New Mexico has yielded evidence that vast oceans worth of water are tied up within Earth’s mantle. The results are published in Science.

Four hundred miles beneath North America, Schmandt and Jacobsen found deep pockets of magma, which indicates the presence of water. However, this isn’t water in any of the three forms we are familiar with. The pressure coupled with the high temperatures forces the water to split into a hydroxyl radical (OH) which is then able to combine with the minerals on a molecular level.

This water, which is bound up in rock, could indicate the largest water reservoir on the planet. It is believed that plate tectonics cycle the water in and out, and the water affects the partial melting of rock in the mantle.

"Geological processes on the Earth's surface, such as earthquakes or erupting volcanoes, are an expression of what is going on inside the Earth, out of our sight," said Jacobsen in a press release. "I think we are finally seeing evidence for a whole-Earth water cycle, which may help explain the vast amount of liquid water on the surface of our habitable planet. Scientists have been looking for this missing deep water for decades.”

To laymen, the Earth has three layers: crust, mantle, and core. It is a bit more complex than that, as the mantle itself has four distinct layers: lithosphere, athenosphere, upper mantle, and lower mantle. Even among those layers, different areas have different features. Many scientists have assumed that the transition zone between the upper and lower mantle (250-410 miles beneath the surface) contained water, though this experiment is the first to provide the necessary direct evidence to support that theory.

”Melting of rock at this depth is remarkable because most melting in the mantle occurs much shallower, in the upper 50 miles," said Schmandt, the paper’s lead author. "If there is a substantial amount of H2O in the transition zone, then some melting should take place in areas where there is flow into the lower mantle, and that is consistent with what we found.”

For this study, the researchers utilized the USArray, which collects information from over 2,000 seismometers in the United States. The observations were supported by computer models that replicated conditions from the transition zone. The key to storing the water, they found, is a mineral called ringwoodite, which is a form of olivine that exists under high pressure and temperature.

"The ringwoodite is like a sponge, soaking up water," Jacobsen said. "There is something very special about the crystal structure of ringwoodite that allows it to attract hydrogen and trap water. This mineral can contain a lot of water under conditions of the deep mantle.”

According to experiments, at depths around 400 miles, the ringwoodite should melt partially. This was done by using diamonds to exert tremendous pressure on the synthesized ringwoodite while subjecting it to high temperatures. The effects were studied with a combination of x-rays, electrons, and light. The researchers found that these experimental conditions supported observations from USArray.

"When a rock with a lot of H2O moves from the transition zone to the lower mantle it needs to get rid of the H2O somehow, so it melts a little bit," Schmandt said. "This is called dehydration melting.” After the rock melts, the researchers say, the water becomes trapped in the transition zone, creating a reservoir.

In March, a paper published in Nature from a different research group used a series of techniques including x-ray diffraction and infrared spectroscopy to confirm that a ringwoodite sample (the first to ever come from within the Earth and not just created in a lab) had a had a water content above one percent. This quantity matches what has been predicted by Schmandt’s experiments. Earth’s mantle is so vast, that if 1% of the material in the transition zone is actually water, it would represent a reservoir three times larger than all of Earth’s oceans combined.

"Whether or not this unique sample is representative of the Earth's interior composition is not known, however," Jacobsen said. "Now we have found evidence for extensive melting beneath North America at the same depths corresponding to the dehydration of ringwoodite, which is exactly what has been happening in my experiments.”
Take that, you monkey-worshiping scientists! :bleh:

Mother Of Seven 06-19-2014 03:57 AM

Re: Scientists Accidentally Prove The Flood Was Real!

Modern secular science is purely made-up stuff to explain that which people can't otherwise understand. So because secular science couldn't understand where all the water went, they said that the great flood never happened. And they call that science!
Now that we know all the water is stored underground, that theory of theirs falls apart. All we need now is few more things like that to happen, and the scientists will have to close up shop and go home, admitting that everything in the Bible is in fact, true! :)

Mistress Cookie 06-22-2014 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother Of Seven (Post 1095249)
All we need now is for few more things like that to happen, and the scientists will have to close up shop and go home, admitting that everything in the Bible is in fact, true! :)

Praying at this very minute it happens today!

Kewlcat 06-22-2014 10:43 PM

That's what secular science is all about, you could say that they brag about having anything they don't know, finding an answer to it. I think what they mean to say, is that they are creative, and good at making up random answers that make no sense, so they can continue to ignore the bible. That shouldn't even be called science, it's just a version of the things pre-schoolers do when they're bored, make random stuff up. At least the Christians are mature enough to know that we don't need to make stuff up, it's all written down for us, as fact, in the bible.

Didymus Much 06-22-2014 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kewlcat (Post 1095990)
...At least the Christians are mature enough to know that we don't need to make stuff up, it's all written down for us, as fact, in the bible.

Still identifying with Christians when you aren't one yourself? :thumbdown:

Did you notice the "Under Investigation" has disappeared from beneath your username?

Mother Of Seven 06-23-2014 12:24 AM

Mr Much, Leave the poor lady alone. If I weren't so much of a lady, I would be telling you in no uncertain terms, where you could go. And it's the same place that you'll end up when you breathe your last breath on this earth.

Didymus Much 06-23-2014 12:38 AM

I'm sorry, MoS, and never meant to cause you distress. :(

The young lady has shown greater aptitude at sharing her nonBiblicly-supported opinions than familiarizing herself with the Scripture she professes is the absolute Truth™, you must admit.

As for her being Christian, has she even been baptized*? :hmmm:

*being baptized as a baby doesn't count here, of course

Kewlcat 06-23-2014 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Didymus Much (Post 1096009)
The young lady has shown greater aptitude at sharing her nonBiblicly-supported opinions than familiarizing herself with the Scripture she professes is the absolute Truth™

Of course, you are right in this case. I thought it would be best for me to meet Christian people, at the same time as working on finishing the bible.

I will probably take a few days off of this website then, so I can immerse myself in learning the bible's words without distraction.

I hope to be back soon, and to be a much better Christian than I am now, at my return.

Mother Of Seven, thank you for being so nice to me during my, albeit short, stay here so far. I look forward to more conversations in the future.

Yours in Christ :jesus:

Daniel G 06-30-2014 01:52 PM

Perhaps soon our country can return gloriously to our Cristian roost, proving science is lies and the word of Satin! Pray to the LORD!

Steph Leia 06-30-2014 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mcflippin (Post 1097707)
Perhaps soon our country can return gloriously to our Cristian roost, proving science is lies and the word of Satin! Pray to the LORD!

yes, satin is a very interesting material used for clothes. my friend owns a very nice satin robe.

How are you a Satanist if you don't know how to spell Satan? on a keyboard, the letters I and A are very far from each other....

Anyway, this is the question that I always ask Satanists, one has yet to be brave enough to respond.

If you know Satan is real, you must know God is real, for Satan is God's enemy, set to reside in Hell to torture people. So, if you know Satan exists, and therefore know God exists, why would you purposefully choose Hell over Heaven?

Chosen Undead 06-30-2014 07:08 PM

I fail to see how this proves that the flood happened? It only says that their studies suggest that there's an underwater ocean.

But how could a flood happen with all these problems ? :

2: Noah's ark: How could a flood happen when things such as old tjikko ( a 9.5k years old tree ) still exists? It would have died underwater.

How do you explain the relative ages of mountains? For example, why weren't the Sierra Nevadas eroded as much as the Appalachians during the Flood?

Why is there no evidence of a flood in ice core series? Ice cores from Greenland have been dated back more than 40,000 years by counting annual layers. A worldwide flood would be expected to leave a layer of sediments, noticeable changes in salinity and oxygen isotope ratios, fractures from buoyancy and thermal stresses, a hiatus in trapped air bubbles, and probably other evidence. Why doesn't such evidence show up?

How are the polar ice caps even possible? Such a mass of water as the Flood would have provided sufficient buoyancy to float the polar caps off their beds and break them up. They wouldn't regrow quickly. In fact, the Greenland ice cap would not regrow under modern (last 10 ky) climatic conditions.

And I could go on, even the concept of noah's ark doesn't apply to reality.

Wood is not the best material for shipbuilding. It is not enough that a ship be built to hold together; it must also be sturdy enough that the changing stresses don't open gaps in its hull. Wood is simply not strong enough to prevent separation between the joints, especially in the heavy seas that the Ark would have encountered. The longest wooden ships in modern seas are about 300 feet, and these require reinforcing with iron straps and leak so badly they must be constantly pumped. The ark was 450 feet long [ Gen. 6:15].

Could an ark that size be made seaworthy? No, because look what happened to the Wyoming , with the effect called hogging and sagging caused by waves, it would twist in every direction causing it to leak and eventualy sank.

Didymus Much 06-30-2014 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chosen Undead (Post 1097781)
...cut n' paste that's appeared (and been thoroughly refuted) multiple time already on this forum snipped...

1) Use the "Search" function, please. :thumbdown:

2) So you really think that a Being, that predates time and space, in fact CREATED time and space and everything in it, would have the slightest problem fitting whatever He wanted into however flimsy, ill-proportioned, hydraulically unstable wooden piece of cr*p He could convince some 500 year old guy and his three sons to spend 100 years building and keep it afloat (through the storms that He also created and controlled) for a while? Seriously?

Chosen Undead 06-30-2014 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Didymus Much (Post 1097784)
1) Use the "Search" function, please. :thumbdown:

2) So you really think that a Being, that predates time and space, in fact CREATED time and space and everything in it, would have the slightest problem fitting whatever He wanted into however flimsy, ill-proportioned, hydraulically unstable wooden piece of cr*p He could convince some 500 year old guy and his three sons to spend 100 years building and keep it afloat (through the storms that He also created and controlled) for a while? Seriously?

I can write any piffleing novels saying that some spaghetti flying did it instead and there would be as much as proofs as the fairy tale being you're talking about.

What you're saying is silly, because you're saying god made everything look as if the flood would have been impossible ( hiding the proofs that it happened ), that he bended physics magically to make some farmer float. Why are there no traces of these miracles today? Where's the ark? Why are there's no proof for god after hundreds of years?

Didymus Much 06-30-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chosen Undead (Post 1097794)
I can write any piffleing novels saying that some spaghetti flying did it instead and there would be as much as proofs as the fairy tale being you're talking about...

Where did I say any differently? :huh:

Quote:

...Why are there no traces of these miracles today? Where's the ark? Why are there's no proof for god after hundreds of years?
If you'd read the Bible, you'd learn that God wants your faith. Faith is belief without proof. If you have one, you can't have the other.

Mary Etheldreda 06-30-2014 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chosen Undead (Post 1097794)
I can write any piffleing novels saying that some spaghetti flying did it instead and there would be as much as proofs as the fairy tale being you're talking about.

What you're saying is silly, because you're saying god made everything look as if the flood would have been impossible ( hiding the proofs that it happened ), that he bended physics magically to make some farmer float. Why are there no traces of these miracles today? Where's the ark? Why are there's no proof for god after hundreds of years?

You do know your attempt at getting an atheist to comprehend, much less explain, the Mind and Will of God is like trying to get water from a rock, right?

:huh:

Chosen Undead 07-01-2014 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Didymus Much (Post 1097795)
Where did I say any differently? :huh:

If you'd read the Bible, you'd learn that God wants your faith. Faith is belief without proof. If you have one, you can't have the other.

Too bad magic thinking and believing doesn't make something real.

Didymus Much 07-01-2014 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chosen Undead (Post 1097816)
Too bad magic thinking and believing doesn't make something real.

Equally, it doesn't make it not real; so logically, no conclusion can be drawn from your so-called "point". :thumbdown:

But if you keep saying it over and over, people will believe you then, right? :D

Elijah Mee, PhD 07-03-2014 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chosen Undead (Post 1097781)
2: Noah's ark: How could a flood happen when things such as old tjikko ( a 9.5k years old tree ) still exists? It would have died underwater.

So you were alive 9500 years ago and saw this tree being planted with your own eyes, right? :rolleyes:

Scientists are free to make up all kinds of unverifiable and unfalsfiable nonsense (like the alleged age of this tree) and people just accept it without question because, hey, it's science!

For what it's worth, experience is also a terrible way of gathering knowledge. How can you observe anything and declare it true when you can't prove that your eyes are capable of observing truth?

God's existence is a priori true so we don't have any such problems.