The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The Thrifty Christian (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Selfishness makes America GREAT, except for the GREEDY poor! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=47186)

Bobby-Joe 07-26-2010 07:50 PM

Selfishness makes America GREAT, except for the GREEDY poor!

Yes, it is the utra-liberal Washington Post, but occassionally their editors make a mistake and let some REAL American in. This is time is Neel Kashakari.

For those who aren't familer with Kashakri
Quote:

The writer, a managing director of the investment management firm PIMCO, served as an assistant Treasury secretary during the George W. Bush administration. He led the Office of Financial Stability and ran the Troubled Assets Relief Program until May 2009.
So Kashakri is telling it as it is to the greedy swine who steal money out of the mouths of the hard working rich in an article titled
No more 'me first' mentality on entitlements

Quote:

The fiscal crisis in Europe has awoken Americans to the enormous challenge we face from entitlements. The promises our country has made over the past few decades, combined with changing demographics and rising costs, have put us on a path to national insolvency. Unless we control our deficits we will face stifled economic growth and impaired standards of living, perhaps even as soon as a few years from now. Most economists agree that raising taxes cannot pay for these commitments; entitlements must be cut. Before we can embrace any reform proposals, however, we must understand the influence our culture has on our decision making.

A nation’s culture can have a profound impact on its competitiveness. Our shared beliefs in free markets, fair play and the rule of law inspire entrepreneurs to pursue their dreams and give global investors confidence to bring their money to America. These beliefs have passed from citizen to citizen, from generation to generation. They have strengthened over our history and brought an important competitive edge to the United States.

Our belief in free markets is founded on the idea that each individual acting in his or her self-interest will lead to a superior outcome for the whole. The financial crisis has reminded us that free markets are not perfect—but they do allocate capital better than any other system we know. A “me first” mentality usually makes markets more efficient.

But this “me first” mentality can also lead to shortsighted political decision making. Most Americans agree that we need more energy from clean sources, such as wind power—until someone proposes installing a transmission line near their homes. Most people are against earmarks—unless it is their representative scoring money for their district.
It is very simple; greed is good. It encouraged countless generations of Americans like Carnegie, Rockefeller and JP Morgan to do the hard and thankless work to make their country the greatest on earth. Pure uninhibited selfishness has led (with some minor exceptions) to 150 years of uninterrupted prosperity. That is why it in the public interest the Rich hold 90% of the nation's wealth, not have to pay taxes and be allowed to pass those fortunes on to their children.

If greed is not rewarded why should any of them work at all?

HOWEVER
, this "greed is good" it totally unacceptable went it comes to social entitlements. The poor did not EARN the right to be paid to do nothing like the son of a hard working CEO. This is just money wasted that cripples the countries potential and moral fiber. Americans need to know they can rely on themselves, not be some economic cripple like FDR and be forced to rely on some Nanny State.

There is a time for collective public action; like when we need to wage wars upon other people's. That is time for selflessness and American citizens should be willing step forward to fill the ranks of our nations military. They need to drop their selfishness and understand American business has every right to get top dollar for the equipment they supply to fight these wars too. They need to understand the rich need to focus on war production and not be distracted so their son's should be exempted from any conscription.

Americans just need to get over their selfishness.

Billy Bob Jenkins 07-26-2010 08:03 PM

Re: Selfishness makes America GREAT, except for the GREEDY poor!

The poor fail to realize that they are an indispensible part of the American system. Every economist knows that we need at least 3 or 4% unemployment to make sure employers have a well of cheap labor to keep producing optimally. If it wasn't for starving, out of work, desperate people, who would do back breaking, menial labor in the hot sun? We would have to import more Mexi-can'ts.

I think one of the reasons that the South stopped fighting the Civil War was because they realized that we needed negras to be free so that they could constitute a vast lower class to provide cheap labor and justify the inflated law enforcement budgets that keep our families safe. Of course, they failed to realize that this would also bring AIDS, crack cocaine, gangs, and Barack Obama into our society.

H. Montague Worthington 07-27-2010 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Bob Jenkins (Post 566004)
Every economist knows that we need at least 3 or 4% unemployment to make sure employers have a well of cheap labor to keep producing optimally. If it wasn't for starving, out of work, desperate people, who would do back breaking, menial labor in the hot sun? We would have to import more Mexi-can'ts.

I think one of the reasons that the South stopped fighting the Civil War was because they realized that we needed negras to be free so that they could constitute a vast lower class to provide cheap labor and justify the inflated law enforcement budgets that keep our families safe. Of course, they failed to realize that this would also bring AIDS, crack cocaine, gangs, and Barack Obama into our society.

Amen, Brother!! But I think one thing you fail to realize is that pitting ethnic groups against each other is also extremely profitable. If you have a coal mine, for instance, and the Czech and Slovak immigrants are getting uppity about safety or working conditions, bring in the Nigras. Everybody especially hates the Nigras anyway, so beside the Eastern Europeans losing their jobs, they're punished by having to watch the Nigras strut through the streets of the company town with their zoot suits and derby hats, whistling at the white women. That kind of thing really gets to them.... right where it hurts!!!

And when the Nigras have outlasted their usefulness, they can be always be replaced by the Chinee or the Dirty Spic, often at a fraction of the previous wage.

When I taught a few courses in the graduate business school at Landover Baptist University, my signature courses were "The Regulatory Structure and its Faultlines," "Accounting For Absentee Owners," and "Maintaining Simmering Ethnic Tensions."

Larry Lee 07-28-2010 05:54 PM

It's like that terrific ex-Negro, Thomas Sowell, said the other day, "There is much discussion of the haves and the have-nots, but very little discussion of the doers and the do-nots." You betcha, Tom. Which reminds me that Wal-Mart has done more for poor people than any ten liberals ever have (at least nine of whom are guaranteed to hate Wal-Mart!), and you can take THAT to the Olive Garden with you.

Thicklette 07-28-2010 08:09 PM

The poor I know are not greedy. There are many people living off of SSI or SSDI who are living off of less than $1000 per month. They do there best to make it. There are also the working class who has to work at minimum wage and try to make it again off of about $1000 per month. These people are on housing, getting food stamps just to make it. I believe the rich need to help out the poor. Donate to a cereal drive that feeds kids breakfast during the summer, donate to a food pantry there are people who needs it.

Bobby-Joe 07-28-2010 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thicklette (Post 566889)
The poor I know are not greedy. There are many people living off of SSI or SSDI who are living off of less than $1000 per month. They do there best to make it. There are also the working class who has to work at minimum wage and try to make it again off of about $1000 per month. These people are on housing, getting food stamps just to make it. I believe the rich need to help out the poor. Donate to a cereal drive that feeds kids breakfast during the summer, donate to a food pantry there are people who needs it.

Why don't you and your Nazi pals open up DEATH CAMPS for successful Americans so you can sell gold teeth to pay for some slackers permanent vacation?

Thicklette 07-28-2010 08:18 PM

What does that have to do with the poor?

Thicklette 07-28-2010 08:26 PM

The maximum income of a family of 4 can make and draw food stamps is $2167 which is not alot of money. And The maximum a family of 4 can draw is $518 in food stamps and most people on food stamps dont even draw that they draw less. The average food stamps per person is about $3 per day can you only eat off of $3 per day?

H. Montague Worthington 07-28-2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thicklette (Post 566889)

Your write. They're ought too bee a laugh helping thee poor too feeds there childrens.:wacko:

Thicklette 07-28-2010 08:38 PM

Why are you making fun of the poor?:(