The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Straight 4 Jesus! (Back Door Christians) (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Who Faces Greater Persecution: LGBT or Christians? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=83427)

Mary Etheldreda 10-11-2012 02:50 AM

Who Faces Greater Persecution: LGBT or Christians?

Friends, this month marks two opposing anniversaries. One is a false claim of persecution that dates back to 1998. The other will mark universal persecution for then next umpteen years.

Which example do you think exemplifies greater persecution?

Example 1: Matthew Wayne Shepard

Matthew Shepard was a student at the University of Wyoming who was tortured and murdered near Laramie, Wyoming (U.S.A.), in October 1998. Left for dead, a child riding his bike found Shepard, who survived for five days in a hospital before being delivered unto Satan. During the trial of those who tried to convert him, it was revealed he was tortured specifically for embracing the gaysexual lifetsyle. His mother, not satisfied with raising a child to mock his would-be Redeemer, dedicated her life to enable other gay and cross-dressing monsters. The Matthew Shepard Act was signed by President Barack Obama this month, in the year of our LORD 2009, thus solidifying the concept of the so-called "hate crime."

Here is what the LORD has to say about homosexuality:

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
Leviticus 20:13

Example 2: Kirk Cameron

During his appearance on CNN’s “Piers Morgan Tonight,” Kirk Cameron was attacked by hostile and "loaded questions" such as “what you think of homosexuality?, what you think of gay marriage?, what you think of abortion even in the cases of incest and rape?, what you think of the Catholic Church having to pay for contraception against their moral conscience?, and who do you think will make the best president for the next four years?”

And for what? For standing by the Holy Bible and promoting such truths as labeling gay people “destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization,” and “unnatural.” Kirk Cameron reminds us this is actually “love speech,” not hate speech. Cameron reminds us that sharing the Good News with homosexuals that God hates them is merely something Christians should do to “bear witness and testimony to the God that loves you and has saved you.” Cameron claimed he has been persecuted by the left ever since his appearance on Piers Morgan.

Here is what the LORD says about persecution:

Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Matthew 5:10-11

Bob4God 10-11-2012 03:05 PM

Re: Who Faces Greater Persecution: LGBT or Christians?

I know that gays are bullied, mocked, beaten, have been told at various times in history by the majority and by the law where they may or may not work and live, who they may or may not marry, and have been shunned and shamed throughout the ages.

But really, don't you think they would do the same thing to Christians if we weren't over 70 percent of the population?

And we are not supposed to feel threatened or persecuted by the homosexual agenda?

Rev. M. Rodimer 10-11-2012 04:56 PM

Poor Kirk. :(

Pastor Ezekiel 10-12-2012 03:41 AM

As a lifetime subscriber to "Christian Persecution Magazine," I can assure you that Christians are the most persecuted group on earth.

Ever heard of "Queer Persecution Magazine?" :haha:

Pastor Isaac Peters 10-12-2012 11:05 AM

It's common knowledge that when you go into the gayborhood, gangs of sodomites with baseball bats will attack you, and fag-enabling police and prosecutors won't do a thing about it.

Rev. M. Rodimer 10-12-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Isaac Peters (Post 938904)
It's common knowledge that when you go into the gayborhood, gangs of sodomites with baseball bats will attack you, and fag-enabling police and prosecutors won't do a thing about it.

I don't think those are baseball bats, Brother. :unsure:

Bobby-Joe 10-12-2012 04:14 PM

Christian is the new black in the country. Just look how Biden mocked Ryan last night. Biden could have just handed Ryan an pair of plaid pants and a jar of mayonnaise while he was at it.

Godfly 10-12-2012 10:20 PM

When protesting a Gay Pride parade in liberal loving Minnesota I was surrounded by gay men who mocked me by saying my glasses made me look like a lesbian. Of course nobody bothered to film that part. The only footage that made the news was of me shouting at the top of my lungs and hurling fistfuls of Chic Tracts at the sodimites. I have since asked Gods forgiveness for some of the language I used that day.

Rev. M. Rodimer 10-12-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfly (Post 939031)
When protesting a Gay Pride parade in liberal loving Minnesota I was surrounded by gay men who mocked me by saying my glasses made me look like a lesbian.

I've been meaning to ask . . . Did you manage to get LASIK yet?

Johny Joe Hold 10-14-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

The only footage that made the news was of me shouting at the top of my lungs and hurling fistfuls of Chic Tracts at the sodimites. I have since asked Gods forgiveness for some of the language I used that day.

Brother Godfly, I have no doubts God will forgive you. I would just make this suggestion, stay in Freehold and don't venture north into Satan's Minnesota. Minnesota is so popular with homers they even move there from other states.

Minnesota is now referred to as San Francisco North.

Mary Etheldreda 10-14-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

I have since asked Gods forgiveness for some of the language I used that day.

Sometimes shock is the only thing that gets through to them.

:(

John North 10-14-2012 07:47 PM

This was probably the easiest poll ever. It’s sad to see that some butt explorer managed to stumble in to this thread and spoil the fine statistics.

jimmy_rustle 10-15-2012 01:24 AM

Forgive me, but i am a little bit confused are you saying being asked "difficult" questions represents a higher level or persecution then being tortured to death?

jimmy_rustle 10-15-2012 01:37 AM

Hm, i dont seem to be able to edit my last post but if it offended or was "Belittling the persecution we Christians endure on a daily basis" i would just like to make it clear that i am sorry and that wasn't my intention. :)

Didymus Much 10-15-2012 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmy_rustle (Post 939557)
Hm, i dont seem to be able to edit my last post but if it offended or was "Belittling the persecution we Christians endure on a daily basis" i would just like to make it clear that i am sorry and that wasn't my intention. :)

Oh, grow a pair. :thumbdown:

Pink Triangle 10-15-2012 06:40 PM

The poll is hardly fair. You can be gay and love Jesus.

Pastor Isaac Peters 10-15-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pink Triangle (Post 939730)
The poll is hardly fair. You can be gay and love Jesus.

Dear friend:

We True Christians™ care about objective reality, not your feelings. Maybe you can be gay and love the "Jesus" who lives only in your own imagination and who, amazingly enough, agrees with you on everything, but you cannot love the Jesus Who exists out here in the real world unless you are willing to repent of your sodomania:

Matthew 7:21-23: Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Alphonse Alban 10-15-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pink Triangle (Post 939730)
You can be gay and love Jesus.

Not really. Well you can love Him, but He does not love you. God hates gaysexuals. Only way to make things right with Jesus for a gaysexual is to become an ex-gaysexual.

AdamFlaherty 10-17-2012 08:30 PM

Hi there

I have been browsing this website for less than an hour and since some of the things i have read are unbelievably ignorant i'm starting to think maybe this is a joke website. But just in case it's not, i can easily say you people make me sick. This post is by far the most insulting I have read (and i've only read 3 or 4...) it is unbelievable that you have the balls to say that a young boy who was brutally murdered, because of his sexual preference, deserved what happened to him. I am embarrassed by the fact that i share the same genome as you disgusting human beings. If I even had one shred of respect for your religion is has been obliterated by the views and opinions of EVERY SINGLE PERSON on this website...you preach about righteousness and kindness and about helping your fellow man, but when it comes to ACTUALLY doing good for people you instead torment and criticize other people's beliefs and celebrate when good people like Matthew Shepard have their lives ended by psychopathic religion freaks like yourselves....I'm so happy you all believe in Hell because if there is such thing as a righteous & omnipotent God, he/she will surely agree that you all deserve to burn in agony for the rest of eternity...

Have a nice f*cking day :)

Adam Flaherty

Pastor Isaac Peters 10-17-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamFlaherty (Post 940630)
Hi there

I have been browsing this website for less than an hour and since some of the things i have read are unbelievably ignorant i'm starting to think maybe this is a joke website. But just in case it's not, i can easily say you people make me sick. This post is by far the most insulting I have read (and i've only read 3 or 4...) it is unbelievable that you have the balls to say that a young boy who was brutally murdered, because of his sexual preference, deserved what happened to him. I am embarrassed by the fact that i share the same genome as you disgusting human beings. If I even had one shred of respect for your religion is has been obliterated by the views and opinions of EVERY SINGLE PERSON on this website...you preach about righteousness and kindness and about helping your fellow man, but when it comes to ACTUALLY doing good for people you instead torment and criticize other people's beliefs and celebrate when good people like Matthew Shepard have their lives ended by psychopathic religion freaks like yourselves....I'm so happy you all believe in Hell because if there is such thing as a righteous & omnipotent God, he/she will surely agree that you all deserve to burn in agony for the rest of eternity...

Have a nice f*cking day :)

Adam Flaherty

Hi there.

Why would you think that this site is a joke? If we were joking, why would we take such great care to quote the King James Bible exactly as it is, and in context? Wouldn't we try to twist to make it somehow funny? No, dear friend, we are every bit as real as the love of Our Lord Jesus Christ and as the fires of hell.

Have a blessed day.