The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The Freehold Truth and Light Baptist newspaper (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   God put people on that plane (and on every other plane that ever crashed) for a reason (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=114606)

Basilissa 04-19-2018 08:43 PM

God put people on that plane (and on every other plane that ever crashed) for a reason

I'm sure you know the story of the Southwest Airlines plane accident that took place last Tuesday:

Quote:

One person was killed and seven others sustained minor injuries on a Southwest Airlines flight from New York to Dallas when an engine exploded in midair on Tuesday, shattering a window that passengers said partially sucked a woman out of the aircraft.
The explosion, which happened about 20 minutes into the flight, prompted a desperate effort among flight attendants and passengers to save the woman, identified as Jennifer Riordan, a Wells Fargo executive from Albuquerque. After the plane landed, Ms. Riordan was taken to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Source: :link:
I'm also sure you already heard praises of the woman pilot of the plane, that she supposedly saved her passengers, yada yada yada. What was a woman doing steering a plane anyway, while she should have been ironing her husband's shirts?! :thumbdown:

Anyway. What I found most heartwarming were the words of one of the passengers (one of the two who pulled Riodran back inside):

Quote:

"People aboard that plane, God put people on that plane for a reason, and everybody acted, and everybody stood strong," Andrew Needum said.
Source: :link:
Can I get an AMEN?

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord hath not done it?

YES, God puts people on planes that crash! Often, when He puts people on a plane that is going to crash, it is with the intention to kill everybody on board. This time, He just wanted to scare the hell out everybody (probably a joke on atheists on board, hoping to trick them out of their wicked atheistic ways) - everybody except the woman who was sucked out of the plane, that is.

I wonder why did He put her on the plane - she must have done something serious to really anger Him, as this type of death seems rather overboard for a regular sinner! :giggle:

Praise :god-fancy:! Get up and praise :him-fancy:! NOW! Yes, I mean you! Or else you, too, will suffer a cruel death like that woman, followed by eternal suffering in :hell-2:!

handmaiden 04-19-2018 10:46 PM

Re: God put people on that plane (and on every other plane that ever crashed) for a reason

Yes, you may have an amen, Sister! A resounding amen, at that.

The point you made should send a chill to every heart. If I didn't know enough to fear God already for His boundless love in providing eternal suffering to those who don't believe in Him, I would certainly catch on quick after the brilliant observation you made.

And something that I read years ago applies here, as well. God only raises up a woman to His purpose rather than a man when the situation is Very Serious and He has no other options. So clearly, He really, REALLY needed to scare somebody on that plane.

Praise Jesus.

Johny Joe Hold 04-20-2018 12:01 AM

Re: God put people on that plane (and on every other plane that ever crashed) for a reason

The engine blew up parts of it hit the window. You have to conclude that if there had been a strong male at the controls he would have done a maneuver to avoid the flying parts.

Didymus Much 04-20-2018 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 1231666)
...if there had been a strong male at the controls he would have done a maneuver to avoid the flying parts.

I'm going out on a limb here and guessing you prefer pilots whose engines don't blow up in the first place?

WilliamJenningsBryan 04-20-2018 09:05 AM

" . . . Jennifer Riordan, a Wells Fargo executive from Albuquerque. After the plane landed, Ms. Riordan was taken to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead."

A sign from Jesus - I would say so, Trump and Jesus collaborating to MAGA. Roll back regulations and let Jesus handle it.

Quote:

Wells Fargo Said to Be Target of $1 Billion U.S. Fine
By Emily Flitter and Glenn Thrush
April 19, 2018

Federal regulators are poised to impose a $1 billion fine on Wells Fargo for years of selling unnecessary products to customers, the toughest action by the Trump administration against a major bank.

The penalty, part of an expected settlement on Friday between the bank and two regulators, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, will punish Wells Fargo for forcing customers to buy auto insurance policies they did not need and other misdeeds, according to four people briefed on the regulatory action.

It is the latest blow to Wells Fargo. For years, it was regarded as one of the country’s best-run banks but lately has been reeling from a string of self-inflicted crises.

President Trump has been especially vocal about holding Wells to account, taking to Twitter last year to warn that the bank could face stiff penalties. But he has been equally adamant about dismantling banking rules, part of a broader regulatory rollback.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/19/b...b-penalty.html

Johny Joe Hold 04-20-2018 03:07 PM

Now we're going be forced to endure weeks of news about the "heroic" female pilot. She will write a book, go on a speaking tour and be invited to the White House.

And, for what? The engine fell off the left side of the airplane so the remaining engine was on the right. This made the airplane want to turn to the left. I'm sure she had a male copilot who told her to push her foot down on the rudder pedal. This made the airplane go straight forward again. She simply landed the airplane and made a million dollars.

I refuse to buy her book.

Dr Laurence Niles 04-20-2018 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamJenningsBryan (Post 1231699)

" . . . Jennifer Riordan, a Wells Fargo executive from Albuquerque. After the plane landed, Ms. Riordan was taken to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead."

A sign from Jesus - I would say so, Trump and Jesus collaborating to MAGA. Roll back regulations and let Jesus handle it.

Quite so.

As Godly Mr Trump has already had a huge impact on aeroplanicular safety by being president I shudder to think about the increased serveritude that would have happend in this incident if Hilary were in the White House :nono:

YIC

H. Montague Worthington 04-21-2018 08:27 AM

It certainly vexes our small and primitive minds to contemplate God's loving, vengeful, wise, brutal, and sadistically vicious plan. I can only begin to imagine the complexity of God's loving grace as he thought about blowing up that engine and sucking that woman partially out of the plane.

Yes, that lady in seat 19G must have totally deserved to be partially sucked out of the open window and her neck snapped by being exposed to 580 mph winds as horrified passengers struggled to get her back into the injured airliner. There is no such thing as a random act in this world. Everything that happens anywhere on Earth is under the direct, conscious. meticulous oversight of a supreme being who knows EXACTLY what He is doing and how it will affect people at every level of exposure to the act. So you can be very sure that God's loving brutality made certain that woman in 19G got precisely what was coming to her.

Thomas Taylor 04-21-2018 09:40 AM

As my late grandfather always said to me, Planes don't kill people, God does.

He was a pilot in WWI and always said that it was by the Grace of God that he was allowed to come home semi-intact.

WilliamJenningsBryan 04-21-2018 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H. Montague Worthington (Post 1231768)
It certainly vexes our small and primitive minds to contemplate God's loving, vengeful, wise, brutal, and sadistically vicious plan. I can only begin to imagine the complexity of God's loving grace as he thought about blowing up that engine and sucking that woman partially out of the plane.

Yes, that lady in seat 19G must have totally deserved to be partially sucked out of the open window and her neck snapped by being exposed to 580 mph winds as horrified passengers struggled to get her back into the injured airliner. There is no such thing as a random act in this world. Everything that happens anywhere on Earth is under the direct, conscious. meticulous oversight of a supreme being who knows EXACTLY what He is doing and how it will affect people at every level of exposure to the act. So you can be very sure that God's loving brutality made certain that woman in 19G got precisely what was coming to her.

Those are heart felt and inspiring words Brother Worthington. No doubt that God also had a plan to terrorize the other passengers on that flight - particularly a Jesus teaching moment for any atheists on board.

While the "progressive" secular scum teaching today's school systems have no doubt banned the book, I remember reading Thornton Wilder's "The Bridge of San Luis Rey" growing up. While it may have a somewhat cathylick bent to the tale, but despite its flaws it is nonetheless a fine example of introducing God's Divine Providence to the young and old alike.

Quote:

The Bridge of San Luis Rey

The Bridge of San Luis Rey is American author Thornton Wilder's second novel, first published in 1927 to worldwide acclaim. It tells the story of several interrelated people who die in the collapse of an Inca rope bridge in Peru, and the events that lead up to their being on the bridge. A friar who has witnessed the accident then goes about inquiring into the lives of the victims, seeking some sort of cosmic answer to the question of why each had to die. The novel won the Pulitzer Prize in 1928, and was the best-selling work of fiction that year.

Plot

Part One: Perhaps an Accident

The first few pages of the first chapter of The Bridge of San Luis Rey explain the book's basic premise: this story centers on a (real) event that happened in Peru on the road between Lima and Cusco, at noon on Friday, July 20, 1714. A bridge woven by the Incas a century earlier collapsed at that particular moment, while five people were crossing it. The collapse was witnessed by Brother Juniper, a Franciscan monk who was on his way to cross it. Wanting to show the world God's Divine Providence, he sets out to interview everyone he can find who knew the five victims. Over the course of six years, he compiles a huge book of all of the evidence he gathers to show that the beginning and end of a person is all part of God's plan for that person. Part One foretells the burning of the book that occurs at the end of the novel, but it also says that one copy of Brother Juniper's book survives and is at the library of the University of San Marco, where it sits neglected.

. . . .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Br...f_San_Luis_Rey

Basilissa 04-21-2018 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H. Montague Worthington (Post 1231768)

Yes, that lady in seat 19G must have totally deserved to be partially sucked out of the open window and her neck snapped by being exposed to 580 mph winds as horrified passengers struggled to get her back into the injured airliner.

AMEN, Brother! God has such creative ways of killing those whom He despises!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Taylor (Post 1231770)
As my late grandfather always said to me, Planes don't kill people, God does.

Amen! As they say, people shoot guns but God carries the bullets - or as in this case, people steer planes but God whacks fan blades out of the fan! :giggle:

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamJenningsBryan (Post 1231781)
Those are heart felt and inspiring words Brother Worthington. No doubt that God also had a plan to terrorize the other passengers on that flight - particularly a Jesus teaching moment for any atheists on board.

Exactly! I'm sure there was at least one atheist who repented for their horrible sins and prayed to God in these terrifying minutes between the fan blade hitting the window and safe landing of the plane.

That's one more soul Saved, and the PTSD of everyone involved is totally worth it! :thumbsup:

DolliMoans 04-23-2018 04:39 PM

When people keep referring to that "heroic woman", I assume they meant the lady who got partially sucked out the window. To think Jesus told her to sacrifice herself by blocking the window with her body so that others wouldn't get sucked out as well is what's truly inspiring about this tale.

Johny Joe Hold 04-24-2018 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DolliMoans (Post 1231822)
When people keep referring to that "heroic woman", I assume they meant the lady who got partially sucked out the window. To think Jesus told her to sacrifice herself by blocking the window with her body so that others wouldn't get sucked out as well is what's truly inspiring about this tale.

I hope her dress or whatever she was wearing did not get torn from her so she had to endure the rest of the flight improperly clothed.

Ezekiel Bathfire 04-25-2018 10:12 AM

We are all grateful to Sister Basillisa for raising this important theological topic.

The explanation for what the faithless call “accidental deaths” is given in John 9:3.
Joh:9:1: And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which wasblind from his birth.
Joh:9:2: And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, whodid sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
Joh:9:3: Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, norhis parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.
There is so much in that statement that
(i) explains the Mind and Purpose of God,
(ii) reassures us of His Eternal Presence and
(iii) confirms the Second Comingo f Christ – and yet it is so often misunderstood so deeply even by those who claim to be some flavor of Christian.
How many times do we see in non-Christian countries, for example, a mudslide wiping out a few hundred… and then - three days later - a child is miraculously found alive? The superstitious (as opposed to the True Christian) forget the real miracle
1. Who else could move a million tons of mud except God?
2. Who else could move it so precisely that one child is singled out except God?
3. Who else can direct the efforts of man to find that child except God?
I hear the same in the voice of the stupid and ignorant: We have all witnessed it –the car/train crash: from the mangled wreckage comes the small voice of the survivor. A miracle is claimed by the Satanic Catholic Church (Usually Mexicans, Irish and Italians) in the same way that lunatic Muslim bombers are claimed as “Soldier-Martyrs of Allah” by ISIS.

The fault with this line of reasoning is should be clear even to the blind! GOD IS NOT THERE ONLY TO SAVE YOU OR ONE MISERABLE EXAMPLE FROM BILLIONS! HE IS THERE TO SAVE MANKIND AS A WHOLE! And to do that He uses an advertising campaign THE LIKES OF WHICH COCA COLA WOULD DIE FOR! An advertising campaign that should hit at our very hearts – at our very souls!

What has been witnessed by us all through such organs of the media as Fox News is manifold but is so often ignored by those false prophets who would lead us away from our very Faith:

First
There is the miracle that all these lives, young and old, have had a path - organized by God –so as to be on that flight at that time and on that day.

Second
From the beginning of time, God arranged that the airplane should be invented.

Third:
The cause – be it a careless mechanic – a Judas-like character – whose existence was there from the beginning of time, or the weakness in the very atoms of the steel from which the engine is made has been arranged from the beginning of time.

Fourth:
There is the grandeur and power of an exploding engine that impresses itself into the soul of Man and causes him to notice the works of God.

Fifth:
There is a human interest in the fate of our Fellow Man in Christ in all of Mankind - Col:3:11.

Sixth:
That the whole episode be of the desired magnitude –neither too much (everyone dead) nor too little (nobody dead.)

All this comes miraculously together from the very Act of Creation so that the woman sucked out of that window, on that day, at that time, and with that effect is killed so that the works of God should be made manifest in her. And because this is “the Works of God” it is done in a way that gives maximum publicity by its awfulness – and I use that word in its Biblical meaning of “filled with awe.”

So the next time some atheist or catholic starts going on about God and miracles – point out the real miracle to him – point out the greater miracle – point our how it challenges our very belief in God that He should be behind the whole affair! But when we accept God is the Foundation Stone upon which He built everything, then this is the only possible explanation and must therefore be the truth, only then can we say “I am a True Christian!”

Titus Templeton 04-26-2018 03:02 PM

God is still nice when he kills people in an airplane because if he wants he can kill millions like he did before.

Basilissa 04-27-2018 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezekiel Bathfire (Post 1231920)
How many times do we see in non-Christian countries, for example, a mudslide wiping out a few hundred… and then - three days later - a child is miraculously found alive? The superstitious (as opposed to the True Christian) forget the real miracle
1. Who else could move a million tons of mud except God?
2. Who else could move it so precisely that one child is singled out except God?
3. Who else can direct the efforts of man to find that child except God?

Indeed, Pastor! Such events serve God to highlight His power - the more people He kills in the given catastrophe, the more credit He receives for saving that single survivor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titus Templeton (Post 1231966)
God is still nice when he kills people in an airplane because if he wants he can kill millions like he did before.

Indeed, Brother! Praise :him-fancy:!