The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Christian history forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   THE EMO HOLOCAUST! Meet the EMO WHO MURDERED MILLIONS! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=22669)

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 05-31-2009 04:59 PM

THE EMO HOLOCAUST! Meet the EMO WHO MURDERED MILLIONS!

Let's talk about the symptoms of emo: Depression, self-cutting, endless poetry, effeminacy, drugs, and alter egos.

Here is a perfect description of a typical EMO:
A writer, seemingly admired only by Victoria, who wrote "vast, stale poems" and ponderous novels under the nom de plume of Owen Meredith, he had been accused of plagiarism by both Swinburne and his own father, Bulwer-Lytton (author of The Last Days of Pompeii). Moreover, it was widely suspected that the new viceroy's judgement was addled by opium and incipient insanity. Since a nervous breakdown in 1868, Lytton had repeatedly exhibited wild swings between megalomania and self-lacerating despair.

Poetry: check.
Depression: check
Self-cutting: check.
Drugs: check
Effeminate chosen name: check

This typical emo is Robert Bulwer-Lytton, 1st Earl of Lytton:

Quote:

Originally Posted by wikipedia
The principal event of his viceroyality was the Afghan war, which resulted disastrously for the British troops.

Lytton's tenure as Viceroy coincided with one of the worst recorded famines, and his uncompromising implementation of British Colonial Policy was a factor in its severity

Lord Lytton arrived as Viceroy of India in 1876. In the same year, a famine broke out in south India which claimed between 6.1 million and 10.3 million people...British and American historians recently argued the famine was man-made due to Lytton's policies....in October 1878, he ordered an invasion which not only failed in its objective, but whose costs (and brutality) became a major issue in the defeat of Disraeli's Conservative government

Read the book Late Victorian Holocausts to read about how this emo held history's largest and most expensive feast, while reining over one of history's worst famines:
"The Viceroy seemed to have made the tales of Arabian fiction true ... nothing was too rich, nothing too costly." "Lytton put on a spectacle," adds a biographer of Lord Salisbury (the secretary of state for India), "which achieved the two criteria Salisbury had set him six months earlier, of being `gaudy enough to impress the orientals' ... and furthermore a pageant which hid `the nakedness of the sword on which we really rely.'" Its "climacteric ceremonial" included a week-long feast for 68,000 officials, satraps and maharajas: the most colossal and expensive meal in world history. An English journalist later estimated that 100,000 of the Queen-Empress's subjects starved to death in Madras and Mysore in the course of Lytton's spectacular durbar. Indians in future generations justifiably would remember him as their Nero...

Grain merchants, in fact, preferred to export a record 6.4 million cwt. of wheat to Europe in 1877-78 rather than relieve starvation in India...

Lytton, who justified his stringencies to the Legislative Council in 1877 by arguing that the Indian population "has a tendency to increase more rapidly than the food it raises from the soil,".
So, according to his emo logic, people who raise large families deserve to die. Typically emo (have you ever seen an emo raising a large family?)

George Monbiot sums up the emocaust:
In his book Late Victorian Holocausts, published in 2001, Mike Davis tells the story of famines that killed between 12 and 29 million Indians. These people were, he demonstrates, murdered by British state policy. When an El Niño drought destituted the farmers of the Deccan plateau in 1876 there was a net surplus of rice and wheat in India. But the viceroy, Lord Lytton, insisted that nothing should prevent its export to England. In 1877 and 1878, at the height of the famine, grain merchants exported a record 6.4m hundredweight of wheat. As the peasants began to starve, officials were ordered "to discourage relief works in every possible way". The Anti-Charitable Contributions Act of 1877 prohibited "at the pain of imprisonment private relief donations that potentially interfered with the market fixing of grain prices". The only relief permitted in most districts was hard labour, from which anyone in an advanced state of starvation was turned away. In the labour camps, the workers were given less food than inmates of Buchenwald. In 1877, monthly mortality in the camps equated to an annual death rate of 94%.
As millions died, the imperial government launched "a militarised campaign to collect the tax arrears accumulated during the drought". The money, which ruined those who might otherwise have survived the famine, was used by Lytton to fund his war in Afghanistan. Even in places that had produced a crop surplus, the government's export policies, like Stalin's in Ukraine, manufactured hunger...
Emo may start with silly haircuts, scarred wrists, endless poems, drugs, and bad music, but it leads to pointless warfare and man-made mass-starvation.

So the next time someone tells you that emo is just a harmless subculture, tell them that millions of murdered Indians, British soldiers, and Afgans disagree.

Professor Bessemer 05-31-2009 05:44 PM

Re: THE EMO HOLOCAUST! Meet the EMO WHO MURDERED MILLIONS!

Going even further back, to a person mentioned in your post, the Roman Emperor Nero was an early emo.

Here he is shown enjoying the age old emo past time of lying in bed feeling sorry for one's self.

He even wore a typical emo haircut, as seen on this statue.

Nero is of course most famous for, in typical self-centered emo fashion, playing his lyre and singing sad songs while Rome burned in AD 64.

And, like the emos who come to Landover, Nero was known to persecute Christians. It seems nothing has changed!

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 05-31-2009 06:04 PM

The painting was probably done by a Victorian-era painter. The Victorian era was overrun with emos, in fact the term "goth" refers to Victorian Gothic Novelists (and has nothing to do with the far more manly Gothic tribes - early Protestants who kicked the Catholic butts all over Europe before their children sadly converted to Papism).

This is what a REAL goth looks like:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/un...h_warrior2.JPG

A Visigoth cross: note the tough, simple, manly design:
http://users.stlcc.edu/mfuller/spain...othCrossSm.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Professor Bessemer (Post 331407)

Actually, that's a Beatle "Mop-top". So the Beatles were inspired by Nero - that makes sense, since they also persecuted Christians, John Lennon especially.

Nero's loose, drooping clothes also seem to have inspired Hip-Hop fashions. He even has some "bling".

People even used to think that the beast in the Book Of Revelations was Nero (this was before anyone had heard of Obama).

Vavoline Johnson 05-31-2009 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Professor Bessemer (Post 331407)

Snippity snip

!

Holy mackerel! Lawdy, dats ole Mr Moe Howard from da Stooges, ain't it? Not only didn't I know he died in da Holatoast, he was a dress wearin hermosexual, too!

TheAlbinoAtheist 05-31-2009 09:04 PM

Emo is a genre music and a style...People who cut themselves and write depressing poetry are just stereotypes that idiots like you made up...These stereo types are nothing like people like us who love the fashion and the music. Being Emo probably brings one closer to God than you bigots who try to defile other people's beliefs and lifestyles.

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 05-31-2009 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAlbinoAtheist (Post 331653)
People who cut themselves and write depressing poetry are just stereotypes that idiots like you made up...These stereo types are nothing like people like us

From allpoetry.com
Quote:

Poems about Emo 1 - 30 of 13,150
From google:

Quote:

Results 1 - 10 of about 734,000 for emo poet

Results 1 - 10 of about 446,000 for emo "I'm sad"

TheAlbinoAtheist 05-31-2009 10:17 PM

I just wanted to see what kind of Title you would give me for admitting I was an emo along with the fact that i am atheist AND Albino...I expected unsaved trash to change to Emo sh*t or Emo Albino Faggit or something...THanks for Ruining My fun.

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 05-31-2009 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAlbinoAtheist (Post 331705)
I was an emo along with the fact that i am atheist AND Albino...

So you're a witch? Or is that just African albinos that are witches?

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 07-29-2009 08:12 PM

Funny how the every homo and/or cripple group always likes to go through the history books and diagnose every great person with their infirmities. "Einstien and Mozart were autistic! Alexander the Great was a homo! One Roman Emperor was black!"

Yet emos don't do this. Even they can't hide the fact that emos have been a curse on civilization every time they have appeared. That's why they never talk about emos throughout history.

St. Francis 07-29-2009 08:18 PM

It is not possible for a person to be human.
To even suggest so is silly.

James Hutchins 07-29-2009 08:20 PM

I think it will be hard to back in history and find a famous emo because they did not have box cutters in olden tymes.

ArcaneAnna 07-30-2009 02:06 AM

The hell are you guys on about??

The 'emo' you mention is a STEREOTYPE.
No-one is actually like that.
People who are like the stereotype,
are just laaame posers. >.>

And that statue thingy is definitley
NOT a frikking emo haircut.
Jeeze.

And anyways, emo is sooo last year.

Rev. Jim Osborne 07-30-2009 02:14 AM

Speaking of stereotypes, you fit the stereotype of the brainless whore quite well, Anna.

ArcaneAnna 07-30-2009 02:35 AM

And you fit the stereotype of the brainless shite perfectly too.

Oh how fun.

ArcaneAnna 07-30-2009 02:56 AM

Fiineee.

I'm sorreh.

Don't mind the 10 min wait.
But can a have me piccie back.
Please.

Pastor Ezekiel 07-30-2009 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArcaneAnna (Post 371008)
Fiineee.

I'm sorreh.

Don't mind the 10 min wait.
But can a have me piccie back.
Please.

No. :nono:

ArcaneAnna 07-30-2009 03:06 AM

:(

Rock4MyLord 07-30-2009 05:09 AM

Emo is associated with making horrible music. It's also against God.

angels 07-30-2009 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock4MyLord (Post 371096)
Emo is associated with making horrible music. It's also against God.

Exactly.:thumbsup:

angels 07-30-2009 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArcaneAnna (Post 370993)
And you fit the stereotype of the brainless shite perfectly too.

Oh how fun.

Anna, another really intelligent post of yours there dear. Can't you try being gracious and polite for a change. Try it sometime . I have tried so hard to give you some slack. But each time you write something you are just throwing insults at people here.
Half your posts are trying to pull the Good Christian Men here, and the language you use is sometimes unfathomable. I'm English and I can't understand what you say, so how on earth do you expect the Good People here to know what your Slang words mean ?.
I don't believe that you want to find God, all you seem to want to do is wind everyone up. And it's not on .
You seem more concerned about taking pot shots at the Ladies here, well let me tell you missy, when the time comes, I really hope that you have repented and chosen to stand with Jesus, because the alternative path will take you on a direct line to Satan.
And even though you really are obnoxious and extremely rude, I pray for you .