The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The introduction forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Hello. (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=76641)

TheIllogicalOne 04-15-2012 04:44 PM

Hello.

Hello forum, interesting site. Been lurking for a while and still not sure what to make of this site, read some things about LBC and it's website. Nonetheless I registered.

Jedediah 04-15-2012 05:11 PM

Re: Hello.

Is that what passes for an introduction where you come from, son? Perhaps you missed the instructions at the top of the page:

Quote:

Here is where you introduce yourself. Tell us what church you go to and what your favorite Bible verse is and how you came to find Jesus.

TheIllogicalOne 04-15-2012 05:29 PM

No church, no bible verses.

Rev. M. Rodimer 04-15-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLogicalOne (Post 871804)

Well, IllogicalOne, this is a Christian church forum. We are here to celebrate Jesus, and, since Landover's pastors have decided to leave it accessible to the public, we witness to the Unsaved and help them understand what the Bible really says. More often than not, it doesn't say the ridiculous fairy tales their "pastors" have come up with.

Jedediah 04-15-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLogicalOne (Post 871804)

Then what are you doing here? Why are you here? Have you come to persecute us for our beliefs?

TheIllogicalOne 04-15-2012 06:35 PM

I just enjoy forums, I'm not here to hate anyone or ridicule beliefs.

I also do realize the site is religious, I'm not "illogical". Thanks though.

James Hutchins 04-15-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLogicalOne (Post 871849)
I just enjoy forums, I'm not here to hate anyone or ridicule beliefs.

I also do realize the site is religious, I'm not "illogical". Thanks though.

Well friend, God would not of sterred you here if not for a very good reason. Is there a reason your will not give Jesus the time of day? You know, He died not that long ago for your sins. Would you die for someones sins?

TheIllogicalOne 04-15-2012 07:11 PM

I'm familiar with it, was a former Christian.

Why was my post edited? Was I not suppose to say that?

James Hutchins 04-15-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLogicalOne (Post 871885)
I'm familiar with it, was a former Christian.

Why was my post edited? Was I not suppose to say that?

Friend, you are not making any sense. Sort of ironic for a person to be like that, especially when they have the audacity to make a user name such as yours.

TheIllogicalOne 04-15-2012 07:19 PM

So I cannot be logical because I am no longer a Christian?

James Hutchins 04-15-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLogicalOne (Post 871892)
So I cannot be logical because I am no longer a Christian?

Friend, I strongly suspect (no offense-do not start banging your head against the wall) you never were either.:lol:

Why you would would spit and turn your back on God and the opportunity of a lifetime to spend eternity in Heaven escapes me. It makes no sense. Even many non-believers follow Poe's Law because they know the odds are, God is the true eventuality and center of everything.:innocent:

I am sure your parents repeatedly told you that your were 'special'. Perhaps now is a good time to request clarification.:o

TheIllogicalOne 04-15-2012 07:30 PM

I've been always told I was "never a Christian", then so be it. It is, after all, just a title.

James Hutchins 04-15-2012 07:35 PM

If having the Golden Ticket to Heaven, is just the same thing as a subway chit for the PATH train to you, so be it.

God defines this website. It has been granted all the rights and privileges due for our undying commitment to His Love.

Pastor Ezekiel 04-15-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheIllogicalOne (Post 871902)
I've been always told I was "never a Christian", then so be it. It is, after all, just a title.

First of all, this is NOT a debate forum. We're right and you're wrong, according to Jesus and the Holy Word of God. Please read THIS thread before making an even bigger fool of yourself. :rtfm:

Secondly, while the internets might seem to be "free" to you, this particular corner of the internets is a privately owned Christian forum. The rights you have on this forum are listed HERE. Please contact a Pastor immediately if you feel that any of your rights have been violated.

Finally, your unsaved opinions or tantrums are not even slightly of interest to us. We follow the Holy Word of God TO THE LETTER, and make no apologies for that. One of the most important commandments in the Bible tells us to avoid unsaved scum such as yourself. You wandered in here uninvited, and unwelcome .

TheIllogicalOne 04-15-2012 08:18 PM

Nice bro. I've read that and I am aware of it. No worries are needed.

Pastor Ezekiel 04-15-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheIllogicalOne (Post 871936)
Nice bro. I've read that and I am aware of it. No worries are needed.

Are you addressing me, punk? :huh:

My name is Pastor Ezekiel Flint. I am not your "bro," and I didn't go through 18 months of Seminary School to be insulted by a wad of unsaved scum. :angry:

If you'd like to find out more about Landover Baptist Church, please read THIS thread created especially for new posters.

If you have a question, use the "search" function before posting it. Most likely it is being discussed somewhere on this Godly forum. Please don't waste God's precious bandwidth.

You will keep a respectful tongue in your head whenever addressing your betters, which includes all True Christians™. Failure to do so, or any attempt at inciting debate or mockery of God's Divine Plan, can and will result in the suspension of your posting privileges.

Your rights on this forum are listed HERE. If you feel that any of these rights have been violated, please don't hesitate to contact a Pastor at once.

TheIllogicalOne 04-15-2012 08:29 PM

Addressing you, yes. In a disrespectful form, no. If you took it that way, then my apologies.

handmaiden 04-15-2012 08:59 PM

Illogical One;

I will offer you a tentative welcome. If you are here to learn about all the fascinating things that the Bible says that are glossed over in today's churches than stick around and absorb the truth.

Remember, if some of us come across in a harsh manner it is because we have been dealing with so many dense people who tell us what they believe that Bible says instead of taking the time to read what it really says.

People get themselves all worked up trying to defend all sorts of unscriptural, liberal ideas when all we want to do is call attention to the plain truth of the Bible.

Nearly every True Christian™ here at one time had some misconceptions about the Bible. But when we challenged ourselves to really open up our eyes and see in clear, unedited detail what it really has to say-- well, such knowledge can really change lives, that's for sure!

So, please join in with our discussions with a willingness to learn, not just a compulsion to lecture. The deeper you delve, the more you understand.

Welcomingly Yours,

Handmaiden

TheIllogicalOne 04-15-2012 09:05 PM

Thank you for the warm welcome Handmadien! It is much appreciated.