The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   False Religions and Cults (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The Truth About New Atheism (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=86803)

Pim Pendergast 10-19-2013 01:12 PM

Re: The Truth About New Atheism

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cup of Tea (Post 1035591)
It always amazes me how many times this God orders the killing of innocent people even after the Ten Commandments said “Thou shall not kill”. For example, God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people (1 Chronicles 21). God also orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there. He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value (Deuteronomy 3). He orders another attack and the killing of “all the living creatures of the city: men and women, young, and old, as well as oxen sheep, and asses” (Joshua 6). In Judges 21, He orders the murder of all the people of Jabesh-gilead, except for the virgin girls who were taken to be forcibly raped and married. When they wanted more virgins, God told them to hide alongside the road and when they saw a girl they liked, kidnap her and forcibly rape her and make her your wife! Just about every other page in the Old Testament has God killing somebody! In 2 Kings 10:18-27, God orders the murder of all the worshipers of a different god in their very own church! In total God kills 371,186 people directly and orders another 1,862,265 people murdered.

The God of the Bible also allows slavery, including selling your own daughter as a sex slave (Exodus 21:1-11), child abuse (Judges 11:29-40 and Isaiah 13:16), and bashing babies against rocks (Hosea 13:16 & Psalms 137:9).

Tell us something we don't know. Please start a thread in the introduction forum and tell us why you deny God.

krunsch 10-19-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missionary in Sweden (Post 969437)
Isn't the New Atheism just Satan's new attempt to attack the richous and God fearing? But we will prevail of course.

First it was rationalism, then it was Darwin, genetics, science, evolution and this last desperate attempt. Satan has always attacked us. But we have God on our side. We will prevail in the end.

But who is the anti-christ? Is it Obama or Richard Dawkins. I can't decide who is the most evil of those two?

Statistically unlikely. Take my country for example. 2/3 are christian, 1/3 is without confession. At the beginning of the 20th century, almost all Germans were christians. And those that are christian are often only so by traditiob, because their parents had them baptized. They do not necessarily attend church more than once a year or read the bible on a regular basis.

As far as America is concerned, the true christians you are referring to are white conservative middle class people. I am sorry (OK, that was a lie, I am not sorry), but the ethnic composition of America is changing. Your kind of people is simply dieing out.

krunsch 10-19-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Isaac Peters (Post 972434)
Militant fundamentalist atheists love defective analogies. Consider this:

Attachment 20599

What could Doctor Who, a TV series about a man from beyond this world who flies about doing things that contradict physics in order to battle supreme evil and save us all and who can regenerate himself instead of simply passing away like the rest of us, possibly have to do with our holy faith?

Doctor Who is in agreement with the bible! I can prove it. In the thread about gravity it says that theat gravity is not mentioned in the holy bible and everything is either in the holy bible or against the bible. So Since gravity is in accordance with physics and against the bible, physics must be against the bible. But Doctor Who is against physics, so it is against against the bible - double no=yes, so Doctor Who is in agreement with the bible

Mary Etheldreda 10-19-2013 02:02 PM

Put down the drink, son.

Johny Joe Hold 10-19-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 1035601)
Put down the drink, son.

Good advice, Sister E. Apparently, someone is getting smashed at breakfast.

Titus Templeton 10-19-2013 05:42 PM

I personally think that old atheism was already toxic enought. We have millions of abortions and honestly in some years there is no place anymore for all those dead babies. New atheism is like all those new drugs, its much more potent and toxic then the old one and all we can do about it is try to ban it. Give our police the power to shut it down as effective as possble and hope for a better future.

Billy Bob Jenkins 10-20-2013 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krunsch (Post 1035595)
Doctor Who is in agreement with the bible! I can prove it. In the thread about gravity it says that theat gravity is not mentioned in the holy bible and everything is either in the holy bible or against the bible. So Since gravity is in accordance with physics and against the bible, physics must be against the bible. But Doctor Who is against physics, so it is against against the bible - double no=yes, so Doctor Who is in agreement with the bible

Friend, even Catholics disobey the antiChrist and pray to Christ occasionally, about every 50 times they pray to His mother or some saint and when they are not being raped by the clergy. This does not make it acceptable to prostrate your self in front of a statue while a priest hikes up his skirt and takes you from behind.

Please think harder, son. The pain will diminish over time.

WWJDnow 10-20-2013 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cup of Tea (Post 1035591)
I am an Atheist, and I cannot believe how stupid this whole forum is. And how stupid people are on it. I only have one thing to say:

It always amazes me how many times this God orders the killing of innocent people even after the Ten Commandments said “Thou shall not kill”. For example, God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people (1 Chronicles 21). God also orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there. He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value (Deuteronomy 3). He orders another attack and the killing of “all the living creatures of the city: men and women, young, and old, as well as oxen sheep, and asses” (Joshua 6). In Judges 21, He orders the murder of all the people of Jabesh-gilead, except for the virgin girls who were taken to be forcibly raped and married. When they wanted more virgins, God told them to hide alongside the road and when they saw a girl they liked, kidnap her and forcibly rape her and make her your wife! Just about every other page in the Old Testament has God killing somebody! In 2 Kings 10:18-27, God orders the murder of all the worshipers of a different god in their very own church! In total God kills 371,186 people directly and orders another 1,862,265 people murdered.

The God of the Bible also allows slavery, including selling your own daughter as a sex slave (Exodus 21:1-11), child abuse (Judges 11:29-40 and Isaiah 13:16), and bashing babies against rocks (Hosea 13:16 & Psalms 137:9).

None of the persons you mentioned as being the victims of God's wrath had accepted Jesus as his or her personal Lord and Savior. So none of them was innocent--they were all sinners, just like you.

Johny Joe Hold 10-20-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWJDnow (Post 1035719)
None of the persons you mentioned as being the victims of God's wrath had accepted Jesus as his or her personal Lord and Savior. So none of them was innocent--they were all sinners, just like you.

Powerful point, Brother WWJ. Cup of Tea wrote that "70,000 innocent people were killed" in the Bible. "Innocent" my foot.

That joke is so old it must have been performed in vaudeville.

swedishlady 11-22-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Waynetta Kerr (Post 970577)
There's nothing to be scared of with atheists, you big sillies. I talk to them all the time and they're often really nice people. Shania is an atheist (kind of) though she sort of believes in spirituality and souls. Many of my feminist friends are also atheists but they're not mean to me at all - they think it's kind of cool that there's a lesbian vicar out there fighting the fight for women's rights in the church.

Many of them do really good works and I think our kind and loving God will let them into Heaven anyway because they do good things in the spirit of Christian values. For example, they sponsored my recent African condom drive by sky diving for charity and doing sponsored starve activities in solidarity with AIDS victims purely out of a sense of goodness. I respect that.

An intelligent and thaughtful answer. Charity is really important. Even through I'm a student I give away money, chlothes I can spare, shoes and much more to eg. the catasthrophy in the filippines, war in syria or to areas in Africa. I also do avoid big, evil corporations that pay very low wages, such as Ryan Air..
And I'm an atheist. I do respect your beliefs and I'm currently studying to become a teacher in religion in Sweden. You see, in our community we do not teach christianity per se, we teach it alongside other religions such as judaism.

I'm honored to be a part of this internet community - to learn from you, about your faith, and your thoughts.

But please, try not to hate ateists.. :wub:

ManWhoFoundGod1922 11-22-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swedishlady (Post 1043312)
An intelligent and thaughtful answer. Charity is really important. Even through I'm a student I give away money, chlothes I can spare, shoes and much more to eg. the catasthrophy in the filippines, war in syria or to areas in Africa. I also do avoid big, evil corporations that pay very low wages, such as Ryan Air..
And I'm an atheist. I do respect your beliefs and I'm currently studying to become a teacher in religion in Sweden. You see, in our community we do not teach christianity per se, we teach it alongside other religions such as judaism.

I'm honored to be a part of this internet community - to learn from you, about your faith, and your thoughts.

Are you an idiot? I can't even comprehend how you can be an athiest?
I think it's because you think if you don't believe in god, you wont get punished for all the murder, pillaging and raping you athiests do.
Enjoy hell you athiest.

Mark L. Snyde, PhD 11-22-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Hello swedishlady,

I notice you have not followed our guidelines and posted an introduction thread. :nono: Please do so >>>here<<<.

There, you are asked to:

Quote:

Tell us what church you go to and what your favorite Bible verse is and how you came to find Jesus.
I tend not to wish to engage people who do not follow the rules. ;)

Jack Rankan 11-22-2013 11:26 AM

New atheist, old atheist, I say they all should be stoned. They will all burn in hell anyway, old or new.

Mary Etheldreda 11-22-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Hello, and welcome to our friendly forums! Please don't confuse Miss Kerr with being intelligent and thoughtful. She's been wooed by Satan himself and has thrown her lot in with him. She's disregards the Holy Word of God and then pretends to preach about His Divine Will. If you want to learn from our knowledgeable community, you can start with reading the Holy Bible (something Miss Kerr would be wise to do). You can also use our search function for specific queries.

Just to let you know, we don't hate atheists. God does (Proverbs 6:16-19).

:)

Metalavery 12-03-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 970646)
Amen, brother. The other thing is the Holy Bible tells us to AVOID atheist scum, not cuddle-up with them. :rtfm:

A true follower of god loves and understands all. A true follower of god does not show hate towards another. Rejecting another human for what he believes is in fact following the path of evil.

Mary Etheldreda 12-03-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metalavery (Post 1045337)
A true follower of god loves and understands all. A true follower of god does not show hate towards another. Rejecting another human for what he believes is in fact following the path of evil.

You seem to have mistaken the Holy Bible with episodes of Kung Fu.

:giggle:

http://internalarts.typepad.com/.a/6...136f970c-800wi

Metalavery 12-03-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 1045339)
You seem to have mistaken the Holy Bible with episodes of Kung Fu.

:giggle:

http://internalarts.typepad.com/.a/6...136f970c-800wi

Are you saying god is wrong?
John 13:34“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another."

God tells us we should not feel hate with others. nor race nor, creed, no belief. We are all children of god. We are all loved by god. so we must all love each other.

Zechariah Smyth 12-03-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

A true follower of god loves and understands all.

Even child molesters? Room temperature mayonnaise? KC and the Sunshine Band?

:wacko:

Quote:

A true follower of god does not show hate towards another.

God hated all kinds of stuff, even images!

(Deuteronomy 16:22) "Neither shalt thou set thee up any image; which the LORD thy God hateth."

Quote:

Rejecting another human for what he believes is in fact following the path of evil.

O rly?

:laughing:

(2 Corinthians 6:14) "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?"

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth

Didymus Much 12-03-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Hi, and welcome to Landover.

Please supply Scriptural support for your position (hint: in John 13:34, Jesus was addressing a CLOSED group of believers) or shut the fu*k up.

Thanks!

Zechariah Smyth 12-03-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metalavery (Post 1045340)
Are you saying god is wrong?
John 13:34“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another."

God tells us we should not feel hate with others. nor race nor, creed, no belief. We are all children of god. We are all loved by god. so we must all love each other.

Who was Jesus speaking to in that verse? I'll give you a hint: it was a very small group, certainly not the entire world.

:lol:

Also, quit using that queer "bible" you have: it should be...

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another."