The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Favorite Bible Verses (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   DEUTERONOMY 22:28 If a woman is raped, she MUST marry her rapist. (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=4419)

Ibelievenietzchienot 02-19-2010 06:18 AM

Re: DEUTERONOMY 22:28 If a woman is raped, she MUST marry her rap

Quote:

Originally Posted by SalvationSeeker (Post 131604)
Then he must be 'persuaded' with some tough love, obviously.
Seeing as God commanded that "he may not put her away all his days" - He doesn't have a right to refuse.
If impossibe to persuade however; I'd say he would be treated like any other rapist and put to death.

If a woman is raped she should take legal action against her rapist and the get checked for sds! He is a criminal and she has been assualted!

jtbabe 02-19-2010 07:37 AM

Def of Rape:

Rape is sexual activity – specifically penetration or sexual violation of the genital organs or anus – perpetrated by one person against the will of another, either by using force or coercion, or by rendering the victim incapable of resisting.
More broadly, it may be defined as forcing a person to submit to any sex act, and is generally considered one of the most serious crimes.

"to lay with a women" definition:
and it means, among other things, "to lay with a woman" (as in to have sexual intercourse).For a man to lay with a woman, exactly two conditions–no more and no less–must be true. These are a) they intend to conceive a child, and b) they are married.³

where is to lay with a women and rape the same?

Cranky Old Man 02-19-2010 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtbabe (Post 474295)
where is to lay with a women and rape the same?

Actually it is not exactly the same. It doesn't matter why the couple has sex. Consentual sex, drunk sex, "rape", etc. Deuteronomy 22:28-29 simply covers all of those. Rape is just a word a woman uses to blame the man after she seduced him. What matters is that they had sex.

heretoenlightenyou 02-22-2010 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prune Danish (Post 473783)
God is not punishing us. God is punishing the rapist. Read the verses again:
Deuteronomy 22:28 If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;
Deuteronomy 22:29 Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.
First of all the rapist is forced to compensate the girl's father. But God's infinite mercy doesn't end here (if it ended here it wouldn't be infinite, right?).

God knows that once a woman has played the whore against her father, no True Christian™ man would want to marry her. That's why God demands the rapist to marry her. In modern English this would be, "You broke it, you bought it".

"he may not put her away all his days". The punishment is directed at the rapist. Not only must he compensate the girls' father, but he also gets a life sentence.

That is correct, Not all Christians are like you.

We are some who read the Bible, live by the Bible and die by the Bible.:thumbsup:

you know they think the original jesus was black, would you accept that as truth?

did you know back in his time jesus was thought as only a man, because thats what he was, a man who got his ass whipped publicly, displayed no power from a higher being, for hundreds of years he was thought of as only a man, religion never became big until generations died off and the only thing left were words and storys passed down.

not until the truth died did this shit start up, coicendence? i dont think so

Cranky Old Man 02-22-2010 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heretoenlightenyou (Post 476380)
you know they think the original jesus was black, would you accept that as truth?

If that would have been in the Bible, that would have been the truth. But it is not: Revelation 1:14 "His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire"

marissa 02-22-2010 10:29 PM

what if a married woman is raped?

Cranky Old Man 02-22-2010 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marissa (Post 476477)
what if a married woman is raped?

Then both the rapist and the woman have to be stoned to death.

marissa 02-22-2010 10:54 PM

Or what if a negro or mexican rapes a christian women,and she is single or married?

Cranky Old Man 02-22-2010 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marissa (Post 476509)
Or what if a negro or mexican rapes a christian women,and she is single or married?

If she is single they have to get married. If she is married they have to get stoned.

marissa 02-22-2010 11:12 PM

thank you for that clearing up for me.:)

Cranky Old Man 02-22-2010 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marissa (Post 476531)
thank you for that clearing up for me.

You're welcome. No please get on your knees for our Savior Jesus Christ.

Soulless Husk 02-24-2010 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man (Post 476516)
If she is single they have to get married. If she is married they have to get stoned.

And if they are stoned? What happens then Cranky Old Man?

Jacob the Angry Liar 02-24-2010 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soulless Husk (Post 477478)
And if they are stoned? What happens then Cranky Old Man?

Then they go to hell for using the devil's weed, marihuana. :devil:

lovesgaysex 02-24-2010 10:52 AM

I honestly cannot believe what I have read!

You make me ashamed to be Christian!

I hope you's yourselves are raped.. and see the devastating effect it has on your lives.

I also hope you like my user name, just to rub salt in the wound DICKHEADS :)

Wide-Open 02-24-2010 10:55 AM

Friend, if you are gay you are not a Christian. Period.

Oh, and yes, it's so shocking. I mean, really, I'm almost out of breath. :yawn:

lovesgaysex 02-24-2010 11:31 AM

You all make me laugh.

When one of you have actually spoken to god and he say's me being gay makes me less christian than you, then I will listen to your brainwashing bullshit

Wide-Open 02-24-2010 11:37 AM

God does speak to us.

Through a nice booklet.

It's called The Bible.

Ever heard of it?

Guess what He tells us.

Leviticus 20:13
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

So perhaps you should start listening.

lovesgaysex 02-24-2010 12:32 PM

Ha.

The bible is a pile of shit! My faith has nothing to do with that bible and my homosexuality is my own choice, remember god has given us all free will.

Wide-Open 02-24-2010 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovesgaysex (Post 477622)
Ha.

The bible is a pile of shit! My faith has nothing to do with that bible and my homosexuality is my own choice, remember god has given us all free will.

And how would you know that? :glare: You call His Word "a pile of shit". So could you please tell us how you know He has given us free will? :unsure:

Look David, I'm trying to be patient with you, but you barge in here, call us names, try to "shock" us, and generally aren't making ANY sense. :wacko:

Please think a minute before you post again.

Pastor Ezekiel 02-24-2010 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovesgaysex (Post 477606)
I honestly cannot believe what I have read!

You make me ashamed to be Christian!

You aren't a Christian. It is not possible to be a Christian and a sodomite at the same time. That's like being a joo nazi. Impossible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovesgaysex (Post 477606)
I hope you's yourselves are raped.. and see the devastating effect it has on your lives.

I also hope you like my user name, just to rub salt in the wound DICKHEADS :)

Dear Godmocking Queer;

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule of worshiping satan and being sodomised by anyone with a dollar to post this hateful message. The Holy Bible tells us that we are actually Blessed by your persecution! Thanks for proving that we're right. :tiphat:

Quote:

Matthew 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Enjoy hell. I know that Jesus and I can't wait to watch you burn in hell for all eternity. Oh, how we'll laugh at you as you scream in agony! Shout Glory!! :yahoo:

YIC,

--Pastor Ezekiel