The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   PRAYER REQUESTS (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   My Cousin was mauled by a bear, please pray for his face to grow back (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=105818)

Witch Hammer 05-22-2015 05:53 AM

My Cousin was mauled by a bear, please pray for his face to grow back

He's been convalescing for a while now, and I probably should have requested prayers sooner, but the fact that a spot of gristle was beginning to swell up in the concave mass of scar tissue where his face used to be, caused me to believe that his nose was beginning to grow back. "Jesus has got this!", I told myself, secure in the regenerative powers of The Lord God.

However, nothing even remotely resembling a human nose has yet emerged...nor any other discernible facial features. But I know that Christ will follow through. After all, He is the one who ordered the mauling so that He could ultimately perform the healing, and receive due credit for it.John 9:1-3

Just as Job was doubly compensated for God's having put him in the trick bag (Job 42:12) just to settle a bet with satan, so will my cousin be for remaining steadfast in his faith during this tribulation. Heck, maybe Jesus'll even give him two new faces for his troubles!:)

Please keep him in your prayers. I will post a photo of his new face(s) as soon as Jesus gets around to performing the miracle.:innocent:

Basilissa 05-22-2015 07:04 AM

Re: My Cousin was mauled by a bear, please pray for his face to grow back

Quote:

Originally Posted by Witch Hammer (Post 1146172)
He's been convalescing for a while now, and I probably should have requested prayers sooner, but the fact that a spot of gristle was beginning to swell up in the concave mass of scar tissue where his face used to be, caused me to believe that his nose was beginning to grow back. "Jesus has got this!", I told myself, secure in the regenerative powers of The Lord God.

However, nothing even remotely resembling a human nose has yet emerged...nor any other discernible facial features. But I know that Christ will follow through. After all, He is the one who ordered the mauling so that He could ultimately perform the healing, and receive due credit for it.John 9:1-3

Just as Job was doubly compensated for God's having put him in the trick bag (Job 42:12) just to settle a bet with satan, so will my cousin be for remaining steadfast in his faith during this tribulation. Heck, maybe Jesus'll even give him two new faces for his troubles!:)

Please keep him in your prayers. I will post a photo of his new face(s) as soon as Jesus gets around to performing the miracle.:innocent:

Praying. :pray:

Do you think your cousin's faith is smaller or larger than a mustard seed? Because for somebody who can move mountains (Matthew 17:20), growing a new face should be a no-brainer. :thumbsup:

Billy Bob Jenkins 05-22-2015 11:33 AM

Perhaps this is all to test your cousin's faith. I am concerned, did he resist the mauling out of fear? This would represent a lack of faith. If he had stood boldly before the bear and rebuked it I don't think he would have been harmed in the first place. It is likely that whatever shortcomings caused him to be mauled are preventing him from being healed. We must think holistically, instead of just treating the symptoms of sin.

Cranky Old Man 05-22-2015 01:36 PM

I met your cousin a while ago. Are you sure getting his old face back would be an improvement?

Johny Joe Hold 05-22-2015 06:42 PM

I'm thinking there may be some unspoken aspect to this story.

In the Bible God sent the she-bears to tear apart some children who were mocking a bald man. I think of this every time I hear about a bear attack.

I'm joining in prayers for his recovery. I merely hope there was not something in the story that hints the attack may have been triggered by something that made God angry.

Billy Bob Jenkins 05-22-2015 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 1146226)
I'm thinking there may be some unspoken aspect to this story.

In the Bible God sent the she-bears to tear apart some children who were mocking a bald man. I think of this every time I hear about a bear attack.

I'm joining in prayers for his recovery. I merely hope there was not something in the story that hints the attack may have been triggered by something that made God angry.

I always bear in mind, when I am tempted to mock a man's baldness, that he might be a prophet, in which case I would certainly deserve a good mauling.

James Hutchins 05-23-2015 12:58 AM

I have seen a few people mauled by animals, kicked in the head by mules and so on. I have always been amazed by the Grace of God and how mysterious He works. I am so happy He has told us not to question His Plan.
Perhaps Brother Hammer, your cousin simply is doing Gods Will. Is it our place to interfere?

objective minister 05-28-2015 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man (Post 1146201)
I met your cousin a while ago. Are you sure getting his old face back would be an improvement?

Christ will grow his face back in a beautiful way.

Alvin Moss 05-28-2015 07:24 PM

The Lord must have been angered. Was it a she bear?

BuddyBraeswood 07-08-2015 08:43 PM

Don't want to let this thread go by - do hope he's made some progress with recovering.

Regardless, he has another set of prayers coming his way!

Brother Tobias 07-10-2015 11:21 AM

Must have been a vicious beast.

I Will pray for your cousin.

Witch Hammer 07-11-2015 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Tobias (Post 1151070)
Must have been a vicious beast.

I Will pray for your cousin.

Extremely vicious. He had injected the bear with enough tranquilizer to subdue a bull elephant...or so he believed. The creature had regained it's wits while my cousin was elbow deep in it's anus, rooting around for his wedding ring, which he had lost earlier that day while demonstrating to the children his patented anal-demon extraction techniques. So sad.:(

But yes, please keep him in your prayers...