The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   False Religions and Cults (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Why Nazarenes Aren't Christians (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=4031)

Pastor Ezekiel 07-27-2007 01:41 PM

Why Nazarenes Aren't Christians

Brothers and sisters, I recently received this letter from brother J. P. Bronger, a True Christian™ (Platinum Tither). It contains his personal testimony on the false Christian church known as "Nazarenes", and I think it might be important for you all to read. Jesus wants us to battle satan everywhere, not just in the stripper bars every Friday night! We need to bring it to those blasphemous Nazarenes too! :angry:

Quote:

Why I Am Not a Nazarene

In June of 1972 my wife, Sue, and I were baptized into Christ for the remission of our sins (Acts 2:38). Like many of our brothers and sisters in Christ we came out of religious error. Our involvement was with the Church of the Nazarene, headquartered in Kansas City.

I was not raised in the Church of the Nazarene. I joined the Nazarenes after my"conversion experience" in their Sunday evening evangelistic service." That evening began with special singing that touched the heart with love and need. This was followed by a soul thrilling sermon concluding with an "altar call." I, with a broken heart over sin and tear stained cheeks, made my way to the altar. Falling on my knees I began to pray that God would somehow save a wretch like me. I truly wanted to accept Christ. What began with tears ended with tears. Just four short years later I left dear friends, never to be a Nazarene again.

I did not leave the Church of the Nazarene because I found the people to be insincere hypocrites. Nor did something happen to offend me personally. I left because error condemns one, regardless of sincerity (Matthew 15:14; II John 9-11); and the Nazarene Church was founded and does flourish upon error.

Christ desired that His followers be ONE (John 17:20-21), yet the Nazarene Church exists, as does any false denomination, because man disregards the prayerful wishes of Christ. These Bible truths cut through all the external good works being done by Nazarenes (Matthew 7:21-24), therefore I left the Nazarenes to become a True Christian™, and only a True Christian™.

I was a member of a denomination that began less than 100 years ago. "In Oct., 1895 a number of persons under the leadership of Phineas F. Bresee, and J. P. Widney, formed the First Church of the Nazarene at Los Angeles, CA." (Church Manual, pg. 17). These men agreed on this name after about nine years during which a number of people "Interested in promoting the Wesleyan Doctrine and entire sanctification organized and held weekly religious services." (Ibid. pg. 1 ) Ignoring this secular history, I sought to be a "hyphenated Christian." I felt that Paul must have been a "Nazarene-Christian" based upon Acts 24:5, where he is called a "Ringleader of the sect of Nazarenes." I even heard preachers say that since Jesus was"Called a Nazarene" (Matthew 2:23), then believers should be called Nazarenes.

Jesus was a Nazarene because He was from Nazareth, and "That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets." The name seems to have been given to the followers of Christ by their enemies as a name of aspersion. The early disciples were given the name Christian (Acts 11:27). This is the name that glorifies God (I Peter 4:16). Even after Paul was accused of being a "Ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes" he tried to persuade Agrippa to become a Christian not a Nazarene (Acts 26:28). How can we do that which the apostles of the Lord would not do? (Philippians 4:9). I could not, therefore I left the Nazarene Church.

One "Calls upon the name of the Lord" when he arises and is baptized as the servant of God said in Acts 22:16. Saul had been a believer for three days, he had engaged in prayer, nevertheless he had yet to have his sins washed away (Acts 9:5-11). He did not receive forgiveness until he was baptized (not sprinkled or had water poured over his head) for the remission of his sins (Acts 2:38, 22:16).

The same is true today. No one is saved without being baptized in water. The Nazarene Church ignores this. Consequently, they, like the Pharisees: "Shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in." (Matthew 23:13). How can one teach contrary to the gospel of Christ? I could not, therefore I left the Church of the Nazarene. It was devastating to realize that I had been deceived. To discover that your sincere efforts to serve Christ are contrary to His Will (II John 9-11 ) is overpowering.

About this time I begin listening to a call-in radio program, hosted by Pastor Deacon Fred, evangelist with the Landover Baptist Church, in Freehold, Iowa. My wife and I decided to attend the services of Landover Baptist church one Sunday morning. Having secured a substitute for my Sunday School Class, I confided in a close friend that I planned to visit LBC. He responded: "You will never be back." He was correct, I left the Nazarene Church a few days later.

Letters of explanation were written to all with whom we had been close, listing many reasons why we had to separate ourselves from the Church of the Nazarene. I also wrote asking that if I was incorrect in my understanding of various doctrinal matters, to please let me know. NO ONE RESPONDED!

Perhaps you know some Nazarene that would desire to know these truths. If so, please give them this letter. Or possibly, you yearn to cast off human bondage. Then leave these false Christians! Like others before you, "Arise and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord" (Acts 22:16). Forgiveness is much too precious to reject. That is why I am not a Nazarene. I am proud to be a True Christian™ at God's favorite church, Landover Baptist! GLORY!!

YIC,

Brother J. P. Bronger

Pastor Ezekiel 01-05-2012 06:12 AM

Re: Why Nazarenes Aren't Christians

Nazarene's are nothing but joos! :joo: :thumbdown:

Johny Joe Hold 01-05-2012 03:10 PM

Re: Why Nazarenes Aren't Christians

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 832109)
Nazarene's are nothing but joos! :joo: :thumbdown:

It's so devious the way the Nararenes try to sneek in by sounding like Jesus' City of Nazareth. Shame on them.