The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Auntie Flo's Prayer Shack for Women (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Is Wearing Makeup a sin? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=85933)

Allyson 12-24-2012 02:35 AM

Is Wearing Makeup a sin?

I was wondering because I wear makeup and I was worried that it might anger The Lord.:(

Russell Holbeck 12-24-2012 02:54 AM

Re: Is Wearing Makeup a sin?

Hello Allyson. There is a verse in the Old Testament that talks about painting your eyes and not in a good way. I do not have it marked with a Post-It note so I can not tell you the exact verse. So do not use paint.

Thank you.

Rusty

Didymus Much 12-24-2012 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allyson (Post 961459)
I was wondering because I wear makeup and I was worried that it might anger The Lord.:(

If you used the "Search" function, you probably would have found a thread already discussing this. I did, and now quote Miss Cookie's excellent response:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mistress Cookie (Post 436004)
I, myself, am against the use of heavy, artificial makeup. There are no mention of beauty parlors, false eyelashes or hair extensions in The Bible™.

That is, unless you mean her:

2 Kings 9:30 And when Jehu was come to Jezreel, Jezebel heard of it; and she painted her face, and tired her head, and looked out at a window.

And what immediately follows this tender scene? A group of eunuchs throw Jezebel from her tower, to be devoured by dogs. (I guess they didn't like the competition.)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1 Samuel 16:7 7But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

Allyson 12-24-2012 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell Holbeck (Post 961464)
Hello Allyson. There is a verse in the Old Testament that talks about painting your eyes and not in a good way. I do not have it marked with a Post-It note so I can not tell you the exact verse. So do not use paint.

Thank you.

Rusty

Thank you sir for your advice! I did not want to upset The Lord, but like you I did not have a reference bookmarked!

Allyson 12-24-2012 03:18 AM

I used the search function to look up makeup and I could not find a thread. Much appreciation for the quote you have me from the other thread! :)

Didymus Much 12-24-2012 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allyson (Post 961468)
I used the search function to look up makeup and I could not find a thread. Much appreciation for the quote you have me from the other thread! :)

My apologies if I seem brusque occasionally. Dealing with intellectually dishonest pagans can be trying. :(

Allyson 12-24-2012 03:43 AM

It's definitley okay! I only hold appreciation for the time you put in to find me a truthful and direct quote. Much thanks. :clap:

Little Donkey 12-24-2012 03:44 AM

Don't listen to Diddle-himself-much, he's an atheist and thus has sworn an oath to destroy Christianity. The only reason he is here is because he thinks he can win favor and destroy us from within - DIDDY THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN.

So Missy, you go ahead and listen to the Pastors and True Christians - but ignore the Unsaved Trash. There's a reason they are called that.

Allyson 12-24-2012 04:24 AM

Thank you sir I had no idea that was his intent! :( however I am listed as unsaved trash. Does this mean I am trash? I am doing my best to find favor with The Lord and am currently fervently reading the KJV.

Little Donkey 12-24-2012 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allyson (Post 961480)
Thank you sir I had no idea that was his intent! :( however I am listed as unsaved trash. Does this mean I am trash? I am doing my best to find favor with The Lord and am currently fervently reading the KJV.

Maybe if you shed some of your sins here on the forum, it would be easier for the Pastors to see how far you have sunk and what needs to be done to get you Saved. So, tell us - what depravities have you engaged in - spare no details?

Allyson 12-24-2012 04:41 AM

I had a boyfriend and kissed out of marriage. Nothing more I assure you! I also have believed in episcopalian religion up untill this point. I do believe that's it!

Little Donkey 12-24-2012 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allyson (Post 961485)
I had a boyfriend and kissed out of marriage. Nothing more I assure you! I also have believed in episcopalian religion up untill this point. I do believe that's it!

Disgusting! Did any of this involve tongues or snakes?

Allyson 12-24-2012 04:56 AM

Not at all! I felt regret immediately after commiting this sin!

Zechariah Smyth 12-24-2012 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell Holbeck (Post 961464)

Thank you.

Rusty

Hey Rusty, grab your Post-It notes because I think I know what you're thinking about.

(Jeremiah 4:30) "And when thou art spoiled, what wilt thou do? Though thou clothest thyself with crimson, though thou deckest thee with ornaments of gold, though thou rentest thy face with painting, in vain shalt thou make thyself fair; thy lovers will despise thee, they will seek thy life."

Allyson, do you want people to KILL you? Of course you don't, so don't paint yourself up like a cheap whore.

YiC,

Zech

Redeemed Papist 12-24-2012 05:41 AM

Why do you want to be a harlot? Why are you not asking your father for guidance? Does he not beat you properly if you stray from Jesus?
1 Timothy 2:9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;

1 Peter 3:3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;

Ezekiel 23:40-45
40And furthermore, that ye have sent for men to come from far, unto whom a messenger was sent; and, lo, they came: for whom thou didst wash thyself, paintedst thy eyes, and deckedst thyself with ornaments, 41And satest upon a stately bed, and a table prepared before it, whereupon thou hast set mine incense and mine oil. 42And a voice of a multitude being at ease was with her: and with the men of the common sort were brought Sabeans from the wilderness, which put bracelets upon their hands, and beautiful crowns upon their heads.

43Then said I unto her that was old in adulteries, Will they now commit whoredoms with her, and she with them? 44Yet they went in unto her, as they go in unto a woman that playeth the harlot: so went they in unto Aholah and unto Aholibah, the lewd women. 45And the righteous men, they shall judge them after the manner of adulteresses, and after the manner of women that shed blood; because they are adulteresses, and blood is in their hands.

Wicked girl. Go to your father now and beg to be thrashed to within an inch of your life.

Allyson 12-24-2012 06:00 AM

Sir my father is a horrible sinner. In my first post in the introduction forum I explain my family is of the presbyterian faith and does not have righteous Christian beliefs. I am straying from my family of sinners to reach the truth. I'm sorry to have sinned and repent my mistakes. I don't want to act like a cheap whore and regret my actions deeply.

Redeemed Papist 12-24-2012 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allyson (Post 961531)
Sir my father is a horrible sinner. In my first post in the introduction forum I explain my family is of the presbyterian faith and does not have righteous Christian beliefs. I am straying from my family of sinners to reach the truth. I'm sorry to have sinned and repent my mistakes. I don't want to act like a cheap whore and regret my actions deeply.

You need a firm and disciplined True Christian™ husband at once in order to redden those cheeks of yours properly for the Lord. A few stripes will soon put you on the right path. Is your father capable of staying away from cheap liquor for long enough to arrange matters?

Allyson 12-24-2012 06:32 AM

I agree with you wholeheartedly sir but my idiotic father refuses to find me a good TrueChristian husband :(

Dr Laurence Niles 12-24-2012 01:15 PM

What you seem to need is the firm hand of a manly True Chritian™ to take you in hand and lead you by the hand to the loving embrace of Jesus Christ.

Research suggests that Pastors are often impelled by God to choose slightly older gentlemen with thier own house and two cars (along with a successful career) as perfect matches for slovenly harlets.

The love of money is of course to avoided but actually having a lot can be of benefit to the prospective harlet-to-be-corrected and to the Pastor (who by making the right choice shows his devotion to Godly Republican values).

As a Wealth Creator I can attest to this, I expect.

Yours in Christ,

Dr Laurence Niles PhD, MSc, PGCert, PGDips

Allyson 12-24-2012 06:22 PM

Hopefully because my hell bound father cannot find me a TrueChristian husband, my Heavenly Father - The Lord - will place a husband in my future.