The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   General Church Fellowship (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Should punishment for theft/robbery/stealing be less severe if it's for the purpose of tithing to Church? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=113139)

Titus Templeton 08-11-2017 01:21 PM

Should punishment for theft/robbery/stealing be less severe if it's for the purpose of tithing to Church?

I wonder if stealing money is a much lesser crime if the theft is done with the purpose in heart to tithe it to church? What is God thinking about it?

James Hutchins 08-11-2017 01:50 PM

Re: Should punishment for theft/robbery/stealing be less severe if it's for the purpose of tithing to Chur

God does not care where gifts to Him come from. What He wants to know is that it was done with sacrifice. So robbing a poor person of everything they have and giving it to Jesus is a wonderful thing.
Sadly, when a man of means such as myself gives a gift of a million dollars to God, it means little.

Mark 12:41-44
41 And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much.
42 And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing.
43 And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:
44 For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

It is clear as day God really does not want my money but He wants every cent from the poor people. I believe that poor people are poor because they do not work hard enough for Jesus. So it behooves us to ensure they give to God all they have.

Titus Templeton 08-11-2017 05:46 PM

Re: Should punishment for theft/robbery/stealing be less severe if it's for the purpose of tithing to Chur

I took just a small amount from my wife's emergency stash but I doubt this is considered stealing because she's my wife.

James Hutchins 08-11-2017 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titus Templeton (Post 1217628)
I took just a small amount from my wife's emergency stash but I doubt this is considered stealing because she's my wife.

You should take it all. Women have no idea how to handle money. They can barely operate a stove or an iron.
I bet she got the money because she stole it from you while you were sleeping. women should never be trusted.

Proverbs 27:15
A continual dropping in a very rainy day and a contentious woman are alike.

Mary Etheldreda 08-11-2017 06:50 PM

Your wife gets her own money?

Titus Templeton 08-11-2017 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 1217632)
Your wife gets her own money?

Right, I think its time for some things to change in the Templeton household. I should have seen the signs when she refused to trim my toenails.

handmaiden 08-11-2017 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titus Templeton (Post 1217636)
Right, I think its time for some things to change in the Templeton household. I should have seen the signs when she refused to trim my toenails.

Those are some feminazi signs right there. Will she at least wash your feet with her hair?

After all, that was done for Jesus by "a woman in the city" as we read here:

Luke 7:38
And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment.

How much more so should a wife be expected to care for her own husband who has been vested with the authority of The Lord Jesus Christ Himself over his wife? Forgive me for wandering off topic, but God's Word doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room when it comes to a wife's duty to her husband as spelled out in black on white in this verse:

1 Corinthians 11:13
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

(Okay, I used red letters, but you get the idea.)

Titus Templeton 08-11-2017 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmaiden (Post 1217637)
Those are some feminazi signs right there. Will she at least wash your feet with her hair?

After all, that was done for Jesus by "a woman in the city" as we read here:

Luke 7:38
And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment.

How much more so should a wife be expected to care for her own husband who has been vested with the authority of The Lord Jesus Christ Himself over his wife? Forgive me for wandering off topic, but God's Word doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room when it comes to a wife's duty to her husband as spelled out in black on white in this verse:

1 Corinthians 11:13
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

(Okay, I used red letters, but you get the idea.)

I'm certain a godly beating will bring things back to normal here in my small empire called home.
I just keep going until I see it in her eyes that her own egoistic toxic woman mind is broken. You can see it in a woman's eye when they break.

That's actually the difference between men and a women.

You beat a man and all you did was to fuel a fire because he is hurt but not broken. Like a wounded wolf that needs time to lick his wounds until the day he wants to battle you again.

With women though it's different. They seem to loose most of their fire after a beating. They can not find their ego again and the little fire that is left is just a glowing light of submissiveness.

handmaiden 08-11-2017 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titus Templeton (Post 1217641)
I'm certain a godly beating will bring things back to normal here in my small empire called home.
I just keep going until I see it in her eyes that her own egoistic toxic woman mind is broken. You can see it in a woman's eye when they break.

That's actually the difference between men and a women.

You beat a man and all you did was to fuel a fire because he is hurt but not broken. Like a wounded wolf that needs time to lick his wounds until the day he wants to battle you again.

With women though it's different. They seem to loose most of their fire after a beating. They can not find their ego again and the little fire that is left is just a glowing light of submissiveness.

That's rather poetic.

Roland 08-11-2017 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titus Templeton (Post 1217641)
[...]They can not find their ego again and the little fire that is left is just a glowing light of submissiveness.

Hello Titus,

Wouldn´t that be a dangerous thing? In James 3:5 God says small fires can light up a matter of things. To me it seems you want to avoid the little fires lest you burn down everything.
Kind regards,

Roland