The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   MEET CHRISTIAN SINGLES! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Christian Arranged Marriage Website! Glory! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=9279)

Justina Thyme 03-06-2008 03:51 AM

Christian Arranged Marriage Website! Glory!

Brothers and Sisters, rejoice with me! There are still some good, decent Christians who follow the Holy Word and marry off their children the Biblically correct way--by arranging marriages for them. Just look at this:

http://www.marryourdaughter.com/

This has just made my heart so full of love for Jesus. :jesus::wub:

RevColinJamesTodd 03-08-2008 10:11 AM

Re: Christian Arranged Marriage Website! Glory!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justina Thyme (Post 155479)
Brothers and Sisters, rejoice with me! There are still some good, decent Christians who follow the Holy Word and marry off their children the Biblically correct way--by arranging marriages for them. Just look at this:

http://www.marryourdaughter.com/

This has just made my heart so full of love for Jesus. :jesus::wub:

Glory sister! Glory!

This isn't something our Church have practiced, but then maybe that's why so many of the females in our compound are without husbands. This is definitely something we'll be looking into in future.

Arranged marriages are a good way of making sure your daughter's marry the RIGHT man. God forbid we leave all these important decisions to our own children. They might bring a negro home, or start dating a jew or courting a goth or similar trash! Imagine the shame that would bring! :(

Justina Thyme 03-08-2008 01:52 PM

Pastor Colin, that's exactly what I thought when I found this site. I do hope that some of the Godly Christian folks avail themselves of this service. There aren't many place like that any morel :(

Wide-Open 03-09-2008 09:49 AM

A fine service indeed Miss Thyme!

I signed up, but then, sadly, somehow they got all uppity with me.

I then found this:

Quote:

http://www.marryourdaughter.com/imag...itle_howto.gif

To propose to one of Our Daughters, just click on Propose on her listing and you will be directed to our proposal form. Please do not propose to multiple Daughters or you risk having all your proposals disqualified.
That ticked me off it did! :angry:

Offcr. Albert Martin 03-09-2008 11:27 AM

I think marriage should be because you love the spouse and are willing to spend the rest of your life with that person (if you're a male, I say her, if you're a female, I say him).

Arranged marriages often end in divorce, right?

Brother Temperance 03-09-2008 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Offcr. Albert Martin (Post 156808)
I think marriage should be because you love the spouse and are willing to spend the rest of your life with that person (if you're a male, I say her, if you're a female, I say him).

Arranged marriages often end in divorce, right?

I think that bishops should be married, as the Bible says. What do you say to that, you vile old Papist?

Glendora Christianson 03-09-2008 07:10 PM

My son Skeeter was disappointed with the website as well. Although Skeeter just got a promotion at the Wal-Mart Tire and Lube Center, he still can't afford the gal he really wants. I warned him about the $5495 one - you get what you pay for.

PS Skeeter would appreciate it if more comprehensive pictures were available to serious lookers.

The Black Lion 03-11-2008 12:21 PM

Given the secular nature of the U.S. legal system I would imagine this form of transaction to be an extremely risky investment.

Slavery is illegal. Therefore, I can only conclude that a suitor would be paying for the right to marry the girls and not for ownership rights to the girls themselves. Given such circumstances there is nothing preventing the girls from annulling the marriage or divorcing the husband after the financial transaction is completed.

Due to emancipation laws, any form of prenuptial agreement would be binding to the spouse and not her parents. Once married a child is no longer the legal responsibility of the parents and any prior arrangement concerning the future actions of the daughter would not be legally binding on the parents.

I have a lingering suspicion that the site in question is not genuine.

“Our 15 year old daughter Mary wasn’t very popular and did nothing but mope around the house bringing everybody down, so we decided to marry her off through your site. Now our house is a lot cheerier and we love our new swimming pool and Jaccuzi! We’ve told our youngest that when she turns 15 we’re going to marry her off too!"

But maybe I am merely overestimating the character of today's parent.

Larry Lee 03-11-2008 07:12 PM

That's a wonderful site, Sister Justina. When you read the descriptions of the girls -- and squint your eyes at their blurry images -- your mind just naturally starts speculating on the different scenarios and possibilities.

Still, I noticed there aren't many "older" girls included on the site. Do you suppose they'd mind if we placed Sisters Thumper and Sue Vera up for sa marriage?

Justina Thyme 03-11-2008 08:31 PM

No, Brother Larry, I don't believe there would be any objection. However, at least in the case of Sister Thumper, you would have to procure her permission, since she is betrothed to our very own Pastor Zeke,whose permission you would also need. I don't know Sister Victory's current domestic arrangements, so she may be somewhat more amenable to such a suggestion.

Best of luck in however you handle this situation, and know that God goes with you. Glory!

Larry Lee 03-11-2008 09:59 PM

What an excellent idea! Let's marry off Sister Victory, raise some dough for the new Church baptismal pool and sauna, and then invite Victory back to skinny dip (Biblically speaking) with us after her new arrangements are all settled.

Old Iron Crotch 03-11-2008 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justina Thyme (Post 158043)
No, Brother Larry, I don't believe there would be any objection. However, at least in the case of Sister Thumper, you would have to procure her permission, since she is betrothed to our very own Pastor Zeke,whose permission you would also need. I don't know Sister Victory's current domestic arrangements, so she may be somewhat more amenable to such a suggestion.

Best of luck in however you handle this situation, and know that God goes with you. Glory!

How long have Thumper and Zeke been engaged now, with no wedding date set? How about it Zeke? You gonna marry this girl and get busy making Christian soldiers or not? Her eggs aren't getting any fresher.

Daisy Mae Johnson 03-11-2008 10:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dances with Joy (Post 158074)
How long have Thumper and Zeke been engaged now, with no wedding date set? How about it Zeke? You gonna marry this girl and get busy making Christian soldiers or not? Her eggs aren't getting any fresher.

I know, I know. I can't wait for the day I can finally stop dreaming about this and really hold him in my arms!

~sigh~

Offcr. Albert Martin 03-12-2008 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Temperance (Post 156849)
I think that bishops should be married, as the Bible says. What do you say to that, you vile old Papist?

That is a KJV mistranslation, twisted to make us look wrong...If you looked at the accurate translation, the speech is about deacons, not bishops.

narrowpathy 03-12-2008 11:05 AM

Are you sure that site is not a hoax?

Pastor Ezekiel 03-12-2008 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Offcr. Albert Martin (Post 158389)
That is a KJV mistranslation, twisted to make us look wrong...If you looked at the accurate translation, the speech is about deacons, not bishops.

Well go ahead and show us how we've been mislead. Quote the scripture.

And by the way, who is it that mislead us? God? :angry:

Old Iron Crotch 03-12-2008 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BibleThumpinBlonde (Post 158082)
I know, I know. I can't wait for the day I can finally stop dreaming about this and really hold him in my arms!

~sigh~

Looks like Zeke has something in common with David Vitter.

Miss Maisie 03-12-2008 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BibleThumpinBlonde (Post 158082)

~sigh~

What a distur....er adorable, wholesome picture, sister BTB! You must be very excited. :)

Ezekiel Bathfire 03-12-2008 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Black Lion (Post 157859)
Given the secular nature of the U.S. legal system I would imagine this form of transaction to be an extremely risky investment.

Slavery is illegal. Therefore, I can only conclude that a suitor would be paying for the right to marry the girls and not for ownership rights to the girls themselves. Given such circumstances there is nothing preventing the girls from annulling the marriage or divorcing the husband after the financial transaction is completed.

Due to emancipation laws, any form of prenuptial agreement would be binding to the spouse and not her parents. Once married a child is no longer the legal responsibility of the parents and any prior arrangement concerning the future actions of the daughter would not be legally binding on the parents...

I could hardly believe this statement. So I asked our expensive joo lawyers. Their reply is as follows:

If by “Slavery” you mean, “The enforce captivity of one person by another such that the captive works solely for the benefit of his captor.” Then it is illegal.

If, however, you mean, “A binding contract of indefinite term, which is entered into by two persons of capacity such that one works for the other in return for goods and services in kind.” Then this is legal. It also means that if I have a “Slave” (or two) I can sell his contract to anyone else, which is just as well or there’d be a few here who would not be obeying secular law.

As far as daughters being property; they clearly are. The Bible consistently tells us how they should be dealt with and disposed of them and of their minimal rights.

As far as the contract being with the parents is concerned, this has no bearing on the matter – although any bride price might be part of the initial contract, once married, that contract is at an end and the new contract is between husband, wife and God and cannot be broken. The price of breaking contracts with God is high.

Brother Temperance 03-19-2008 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Offcr. Albert Martin (Post 158389)

Do you agree that deacons should be married, as you claim the Bible commands? Does your false cult even have deacons? If not, why not?