The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Teaching His Word (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   God Hates Cripples (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=42)

Mrs. Mary Whitford 03-10-2007 07:19 PM

Re: God Hates Cripples

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo2 (Post 49043)
Your head looks pretty flat my friend!

To quote from Silver Birch ' Pain and suffering are regarded as miseries, they are not. They have divine parts to play in the evolution of the individual' To spiritually progress who need to understand what it is like to suffer - a person with a learning disibility is a soul that as choosen to walk that pathway as a means of evolving spiritually.

Who on God's green Earth is this "Silver Birch" fool? I don't know where that Injun got this nonsense, but it's certainly not biblical!

R-R-R 03-10-2007 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sister Mary Maria (Post 49138)
Who on God's green Earth is this "Silver Birch" fool?

Supposedly it's an Indian spirit (apparently with philosophical ambitions :lol: ) that communicates through a medium (or a schizophrenic nutcase).

Who knows? ;)

Rev. Dr. Davidson 03-10-2007 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sister Mary Maria (Post 49138)
Who on God's green Earth is this "Silver Birch" fool? I don't know where that Injun got this nonsense, but it's certainly not biblical!

Apparently this "Silver Birch" character is some type of spirit. It was "channeled" through some unGodly Brit homer by the name of Maurice Barbanell. This person wrote some books, all of which are mostly out of print, and some idiot on angelfire.com dedicated a website to him(using the Silver Birch name).

He was born to Jewish parents in a poor area of London's East End. His mother was devoutly religious but his father, a barber was an atheist so Barbanell heard many arguments about religion during his early years.

Barbanell attended a seance in which a medium, Mrs Blaustein, was entranced by various spirits of different nationalities. He was not impressed, and on a second visit fell asleep. Barbanell apologised, believing that either boredom or tiredness had been responsible, but the other circle members informed him that he had not been asleep but had been in a trance and a Red Indian had spoken through him.

Apparently LSD was big in London. This guy came along not many years after Gardner made up his own religion.

Brother Temperance 03-11-2007 01:16 AM

Quote:

To quote from Silver Birch ' Pain and suffering are regarded as miseries, they are not. They have divine parts to play in the evolution of the individual' To spiritually progress who need to understand what it is like to suffer - a person with a learning disibility is a soul that as choosen to walk that pathway as a means of evolving spiritually.

So you're saying that, next time I see a cripple, I should bear in mind that they've chosen to suffer as a means of "spiritual evolution", and I should tip them out of their chair and give them a quick boot in the ribs, to help them along their spiritual pathway? Will do. :thumbsup:

bonzo2 03-11-2007 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Temperance (Post 49218)
So you're saying that, next time I see a cripple, I should bear in mind that they've chosen to suffer as a means of "spiritual evolution", and I should tip them out of their chair and give them a quick boot in the ribs, to help them along their spiritual pathway? Will do. :thumbsup:

Thats Christian of you:devil:

jalmquist 03-14-2007 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 475)
What the Bible says about Cripples

Ex.4:11
Who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?

Lev.21:17-23
Whosoever ... hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God. For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous, Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded, Or crookbackt, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken; No man that hath a blemish of the seed of Aaron the priest shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the LORD made by fire: he hath a blemish; he shall not come nigh to offer the bread of his God. ... Only he shall not go in unto the vail, nor come nigh unto the altar, because he hath a blemish; that he profane not my sanctuaries.

Given these Holy Scriptures, why are we being forced by demoncrats to spend our hard earned tax dollars on such nonsense as "sheltered workshops" and wheelchairs?

Or your should realize this is something they have no control over and shouldnt be hated for it. No amount of spiritual healing could ever fix them and therefore you should not hate them but in a sense feel sorry for them. I know the pain they go thru everyday, I used to be a TA in High school for a class of mentally challenged kids and it was really heart breaking to see some of them.

God has not chosen for them to be crippled they were born that way but then again you belive the opposite.

Take it like this; hypothetically speaking of course. I find out were you live, go to your house and beat you with a baseball bat till your an inch away from death. But I dont kill you, instead of dying you end up mentally crippled and are forced to be in a wheel chair for the rest of your life. Are you therefore a sinner and an abomination to the human race? Or are you the same person just with a different perspective on life.

eliot mayfield 03-14-2007 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Temperance (Post 489)
The Lord is very clear about what should happen to those He has chosen to smite with crippliness:
Deuteronomy 28:27 The LORD will smite thee with the botch of Egypt, and with the emerods, and with the scab, and with the itch, whereof thou canst not be healed.

28 The LORD shall smite thee with madness, and blindness, and astonishment of heart: 29 And thou shalt grope at noonday, as the blind gropeth in darkness, and thou shalt not prosper in thy ways: and thou shalt be only oppressed and spoiled evermore, and no man shall save thee.

"And no man shall save thee". Not "no man except the liberals", not "no man except the Big Government"... if the Lord wanted people to help the disabled, He'd have let us know.

What are emerods exactly? Yes, they could well be what you are dreading. And take this to heart: You can't be saved!
emerods: Hemorrhoids; piles; tumors; boils
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Emerods
I don't know about you, but I'd hate for God to inflict me with an incurrable case of emerods. Maybe that's why they can't find osma. He's hiding in a cave going insane for an incurrable case of emerods! Praise be!

But this passage puzzles me:
1 Samuel 6:4
Then said they, What shall be the trespass offering which we shall return to him? They answered, Five golden emerods, and five golden mice, according to the number of the lords of the Philistines: for one plague was on you all, and on your lords.

How do you get golden emerods? The ways of the lord are great indeed!

Rev. Dr. Davidson 03-14-2007 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jalmquist (Post 49931)
Take it like this; hypothetically speaking of course. I find out were you live, go to your house and beat you with a baseball bat till your an inch away from death. But I dont kill you, instead of dying you end up mentally crippled and are forced to be in a wheel chair for the rest of your life. Are you therefore a sinner and an abomination to the human race? Or are you the same person just with a different perspective on life.

In this case, you would be the sinner. If this 'hypothetical' person was saved before you harmed him/her, then they were already assured of a place in paradise. If you did this to a non-believer or pagan, while not prescribed, you are actually doing God's will.(Even though you didn't stone them.)

The quoted scripture talks about people already suffering God's wrath for something they or their parents did. They are not allowed to apporach the altar of God.

Also, we don't hate these people. We just recognize that they are damned. Many of these children born with afflictions are being punished because their parents indulged in sin.

WilliamJenningsBryan 03-15-2007 09:05 AM

Quote:

I must admit to being a bit confused here. Did "Silver Birch" have a learning disability and therefore "progressed" spiritually, or did "bonzo2" adopt a leaning disability in order to evolve spiritually? Did either of them "choose" a "learning disability"?

Sounds to me like it's time to "choose" Jesus.

OnYourKnees 03-15-2007 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jalmquist (Post 49931)
Or your should realize this is something they have no control over and shouldnt be hated for it. No amount of spiritual healing could ever fix them and therefore you should not hate them but in a sense feel sorry for them. I know the pain they go thru everyday, I used to be a TA in High school for a class of mentally challenged kids and it was really heart breaking to see some of them.

We don't hate them. We recognize that God has stated that they are to be cast out from His congregation, which means that they are condemned to eternal hellfire.

I speculate that God knew that they would be sinners and unSaved before they were born, and chose in His infinite mercy to let them know up front that they weren't getting into Heaven.
Quote:

God has not chosen for them to be crippled they were born that way but then again you belive the opposite.
Are you saying that things happen that God cannot control?!

That, friend, is blasphemous. I suggest you rethink that.
Quote:

Rev. Dr. D has already addressed this.

Brother Temperance 03-16-2007 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamJenningsBryan (Post 50228)
I must admit to being a bit confused here. Did "Silver Birch" have a learning disability and therefore "progressed" spiritually, or did "bonzo2" adopt a leaning disability in order to evolve spiritually? Did either of them "choose" a "learning disability"?

It would appear so.

sephy26946 07-13-2007 04:24 PM

Please tell me this is a joke. If it's not I just lost a lot of the faith. People are almost always born cripple. All they would have is original sin.

May god strike you down into a wheelchair this day. See if you preach this then.

Brother Temperance 07-13-2007 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sephy26946 (Post 81353)
People are almost always born cripple. All they would have is original sin.

That's a flat-out lie. People are almost always not born cripple. I wasn't, and neither was Pastor Ezekiel, Brother Jennings Bryan, or any other normal person. You may have been born crippled in the head, but that doesn't make it normal. And are you suggesting that Original Sin isn't enough? As the name suggests, it's a pretty weighty sin. And are you really that unfamiliar with the concept of God punishing people for their parents' crimes?

Bobby-Joe 07-13-2007 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sephy26946 (Post 81353)
Please tell me this is a joke. If it's not I just lost a lot of the faith. People are almost always born cripple. All they would have is original sin.

May god strike you down into a wheelchair this day. See if you preach this then.

We do friend, church members who are found to be cripples are excluded from church and they accept this because they know they have offended God.

Talitha 07-13-2007 07:57 PM

As we keep saying: GOD is God and He can do whatever He wants; what He does is ALWAYS perfect; and He always has His reasons for doing the things He does. Since God is holy and perfect, He cannot be around imperfection. He cannot be around sin of any kind.

We simply cannot comprehend God with our limited human mindsets. But, from the beginning He told us that He requires perfection in His Presence. He plainly told us that the offerings we present MUST be WITHOUT blemish. Therefore, it stands to reason that people with any kind of defect cannot approach the altar. It's an act of amazing grace that ANY man is allowed near His altar at all, because we are sin-filled by nature (thanks to Adam and Eve! :angry:)"

Sister Noddy 07-13-2007 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachael Van Helsing (Post 1291)

And I agree. These people, while bonkers, do seem to follow the bible as it actually is, which is one reason why I dislike christianity/abrahamic religions altogther.

They are mixing the Old Testament and the New without regard to chonological time; they are citing Old Testament verses (from Hebrew law which was before Jesus came) out of context with New Testament Gospel (which came later with the advent and ministry of Jesus); and they are then adding what they think it means in context in the modern world --- hate this group --- hate that group --- and so on; and it simply doesn't work that way and still make sense.

Of course I am expecting to get slammed for this comment. :D

Bobby-Joe 07-13-2007 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minister noddy (Post 81421)
They are mixing the Old Testament and the New without regard to chonological time; they are citing Old Testament verses (from Hebrew law which was before Jesus came) out of context with New Testament Gospel (which came later with the advent and ministry of Jesus); and they are then adding what they think it means in context in the modern world --- hate this group --- hate that group --- and so on; and it simply doesn't work that way and still make sense.

Of course I am expecting to get slammed for this comment. :D

Minster Noddy,

Were does Jesus rescind Hebrew Law in its total? He rescinds specifics parts, yes, but not the whole thing. By your statement the Ten Commandments are no longer valid.

Sister Noddy 07-14-2007 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby-Joe (Post 81426)
Minster Noddy,

Were does Jesus rescind Hebrew Law in its total? He rescinds specifics parts, yes, but not the whole thing. By your statement the Ten Commandments are no longer valid.

Yes --- Jesus rescinds specifics, but not the whole Hebrew law.

No --- by my statement I do not mean the Ten Commandments are no longer valid; they most certainly are valid --- nor do I mean that Jesus said they are not valid.

Your church --- is assuming that those of us with a different viewpoint are twisting the words and meaning of Jesus, when actually we are challenging your fundamentalist understanding of his words in the scriptures, as well as understanding of other parts of the Bible.

This is one of the consequences of fundamentalism --- a literal all-in-one-time-frame interpretation of the Bible: the meanings are lost, and there is no application in the modern day except prejudice against those who don't see the same message in the same way; and this leads to intolerance and hate.

Note --- just because God is outside time and space, and His word is true for all time, does not mean that he gave men the Word all at one time, to be understood all at one time, in the succession of generations and the passing of centuries.

How about this --- where I come across examples of what I mean in these threads, I will point them out if I can.

Pastor Ezekiel 04-27-2009 11:37 AM

Even though the Demoncrats are in power and are notorious cripple enablers, God still hates them. Read the Bible people!! :shout:

Funwhenpraying 04-28-2009 09:30 AM

I think if cripples are going to 'mooch' off of peoples hard earned money should at least spend it on the more expensive of medications, and get a job.

And the ones that do have jobs, they should receive less money that the ones without them.