The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (http://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Creation Science (http://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Homeschool Science Lessons: Proving atheists wrong with science (http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=64512)

Rev. M. Rodimer 05-02-2011 07:51 PM

Homeschool Science Lessons: Proving atheists wrong with science
 
Friends -

We all know how much the atheists love their "science". Well, a parent in my congregation sent me this little graphic, one of a series (she's trying to track down the original source). She's hoping to put together a Creation Science home school workbook!

http://i.imgur.com/Pc83Z.jpg

I particularly like that the author has done the math in the footnotes.

Lanfeust 05-02-2011 08:27 PM

Re: Homeschool Science Lessons: Proving atheists wrong with scien
 
The amount of people on earth has crisen up since the last century to 6 (or 7) billion people, not for 3 billion years. Actually it's 4.54 billion years.

Besides, they forgot that not everyone has 2 liters of fresh water everyday, only the rich countries.

And salt water (sea water) doesn't count as fresh water (you can't drink it without dying of salt overdose).

Jack O'fagan 05-02-2011 09:00 PM

Re: Homeschool Science Lessons: Proving atheists wrong with scien
 
I have heard that atheists drink dinosaur wee wee. Maybe I am getting confused. It would explain why they're always have smelly breath.

YiC

Jack

Brother Harold Porter 05-02-2011 09:18 PM

Re: Homeschool Science Lessons: Proving atheists wrong with scien
 
1 Attachment(s)
Amen Reverend!

A few years ago, I traveled with my brother and his family to the Grand Canyon in Arizona. It was the usual secular flippity flap from the tour guide about how that little stream of the Colorado River formed the canyon over "millions of years". We rolled our eyes but bit our tongues to not expose the man as the fool he was making of himself.

We know from Scripture that it took just 7 days for the worldwide flood to completely dry up, not "millions of years".

Quote:

Genesis 8:11-13 "And the dove came in to him in the evening; and, lo, in her mouth was an olive leaf pluckt off: so Noah knew that the waters were abated from off the earth.

And he stayed yet other seven days; and sent forth the dove; which returned not again unto him any more.

And it came to pass in the six hundredth and first year, in the first month, the first day of the month, the waters were dried up from off the earth: and Noah removed the covering of the ark, and looked, and, behold, the face of the ground was dry."
To make sure my nieces understood the poison of atheist geology, we recreated the event in the backyard with just a sandbox and water hose to show that that canyon was quickly made in just seven days as the floodwaters receded. And as the Bible says. The smiles on their faces were priceless as they understood where all truth and answers to science come from.

Attachment 16297

Praise God for the truth.:thumbsup:

Rev. M. Rodimer 05-03-2011 01:59 AM

Re: Homeschool Science Lessons: Proving atheists wrong with scien
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanfeust (Post 744018)
Besides, they forgot that not everyone has 2 liters of fresh water everyday, only the rich countries.

Hi! I'm guessing you're a retard of some sort.

2 liters is roughly half a gallon of water. If you don't get at least that much each day (as liquid and/or in food), you die of dehydration.

jetrinka 05-04-2011 11:54 PM

Re: Homeschool Science Lessons: Proving atheists wrong with scien
 
Wow... I mean seriously, wow.....

How in the world can you be serious? Your entire argument is based on the assumption that the amount of fresh water on the earth is a limited resource. How is this true? You do realize that a large amount of our fresh water is merely evaporated sea water correct? The sun heats it up, makes clouds, clouds travel inland and drop their water in the form of rain.... Maybe over simplified? Perhaps but man its really basic stuff... I think I learned this in second grade or something. :thumbdown:

Brother Harold Porter 05-05-2011 12:12 AM

Re: Homeschool Science Lessons: Proving atheists wrong with scien
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jetrinka (Post 745265)
Wow... I mean seriously, wow.....

How in the world can you be serious? Your entire argument is based on the assumption that the amount of fresh water on the earth is a limited resource. How is this true? You do realize that a large amount of our fresh water is merely evaporated sea water correct? The sun heats it up, makes clouds, clouds travel inland and drop their water in the form of rain.... Maybe over simplified? Perhaps but man its really basic stuff... I think I learned this in second grade or something. :thumbdown:

Nice try. His "argument" is based on the total amount of water available on the geodisc, as he stated in the OP. Try reading for comprehension.

Secular theories about precipitation and where rain comes from are as suspect as a whore in a church.

God only made so much water. The point stands.

In Christ

Zechariah Smyth 05-05-2011 12:16 AM

Re: Homeschool Science Lessons: Proving atheists wrong with scien
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jetrinka (Post 745265)
Wow... I mean seriously, wow.....

How in the world can you be serious? Your entire argument is based on the assumption that the amount of fresh water on the earth is a limited resource. How is this true? You do realize that a large amount of our fresh water is merely evaporated sea water correct? The sun heats it up, makes clouds, clouds travel inland and drop their water in the form of rain.... Maybe over simplified? Perhaps but man its really basic stuff... I think I learned this in second grade or something. :thumbdown:

Did you learn about deserts in 2nd grade? How about contractions?

:thumbdown:

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth

jetrinka 05-05-2011 12:17 AM

Re: Homeschool Science Lessons: Proving atheists wrong with scien
 
lol how is it any different if one is talking about just fresh water or all the water on earth? So people drink water. What happens? They piss it out quite frankly. Does it just remain piss? nooooooo.... The earth has a handy way of recycling what has been used into something useful again. Things don't disappear completely, they merely change form.

Zechariah Smyth 05-05-2011 12:41 AM

Re: Homeschool Science Lessons: Proving atheists wrong with scien
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jetrinka (Post 745274)
lol how is it any different if one is talking about just fresh water or all the water on earth? So people drink water. What happens? They piss it out quite frankly. Does it just remain piss? nooooooo.... The earth has a handy way of recycling what has been used into something useful again. Things don't disappear completely, they merely change form.

Urolagnia will not be tolerated here.

:angry:

YiC,

Z. Smyth

jetrinka 05-05-2011 12:45 AM

Re: Homeschool Science Lessons: Proving atheists wrong with scien
 
lol I wasn't aware that talking about urine was a sin. My bad....:innocent:

María Gálvez-Villalobos 05-05-2011 12:46 AM

Re: Homeschool Science Lessons: Proving atheists wrong with scien
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jetrinka (Post 745265)
Wow... I mean seriously, wow.....

How in the world can you be serious? Your entire argument is based on the assumption that the amount of fresh water on the earth is a limited resource. How is this true? You do realize that a large amount of our fresh water is merely evaporated sea water correct? The sun heats it up, makes clouds, clouds travel inland and drop their water in the form of rain.... Maybe over simplified? Perhaps but man its really basic stuff... I think I learned this in second grade or something. :thumbdown:

Hey!!!!!!

Slowwwwwww!
OK, I'll dumb it up for you.

Water on Earth: let's take for example the Island of Tabarca near alicante (is lovly by the way and the ferry ahve glass bottom so you can see all God's fishes under the waters so that you're not get boring on the voyage).

Anyway, water is a finite recourse??

Well, Tabarca is a esmall island. Right? good.

If you take one cow to Tabarca and leave him there she will be on there foreverandever, yes? (Obviously cows die in end but water no, but we'll ignore this bit for now...)

So, the people on island of Tabarca think, hey our cow is forever, no? So they start eat bits off it, on Monday a leg, Tuesday a ear etc etc.

Now if the cow was put there 500 years ago, you would espect there be nothing of cow, cos a leg on Monday, ear on Tuesday, half a udder on Wedensday etc....would be no cow left from like hundreds of year ago, yes?!? cLARO QUE SÍ!!!:thumbsup:

Sooooo, ...now using brain.....if there is still a cow on Tabarca TODAY.....it mean that cow was only putted there LAST WEEKEND!!!! Otherways, would be no cow left!!!

Same whit water. Earth can no be more than 6,000 years of old!!
Hope I dumb it up enought for you!

YIC, Mari:)

Rev. M. Rodimer 05-05-2011 04:22 AM

Re: Homeschool Science Lessons: Proving atheists wrong with scien
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jetrinka (Post 745265)
Wow... I mean seriously, wow.....

How in the world can you be serious? Your entire argument is based on the assumption that the amount of fresh water on the earth is a limited resource. How is this true?

You think that there is an unlimited supply of water on the planet?

The opposite of a limited resource is an infinite resource. If the supply of water is infinite, where does it come from? Did God leave a tap running from Heaven, where He keeps making more water? :dunce:

bobnorton37 05-05-2011 05:08 AM

Re: Homeschool Science Lessons: Proving atheists wrong with scien
 
I just don't understand why people would use logic to explain things when you could use a storybook to explain things! I mean darwin's theory of evolution may have been 100% proven, and logically correct but isn't it so much more fun to think that some random guy snapped his fingers and humans were created?

wait_what 05-05-2011 06:19 AM

Re: Homeschool Science Lessons: Proving atheists wrong with scien
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobnorton37 (Post 745368)
I just don't understand why people would use logic to explain things when you could use a storybook to explain things! I mean darwin's theory of evolution may have been 100% proven, and logically correct but isn't it so much more fun to think that some random guy snapped his fingers and humans were created?

You are wrong. In Science if something is universal, irrefutable, and 100% proven, it is called a law. Darwin's theory is not Darwin's law of evolution.

He wasn't some random guy; He is God.

The logic is there in your own secular science laws.

According to the First LAW of Thermodynamics, matter and energy cannot be created nor destroyed. Well then, how is it that I keep getting a fresh gallon of water every day while I live in the high desert? Simple, God gives it to me.

María Gálvez-Villalobos 05-05-2011 12:17 PM

Re: Homeschool Science Lessons: Proving atheists wrong with scien
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by María Gálvez-Villalobos (Post 745284)
Hey!!!!!!

Slowwwwwww!
OK, I'll dumb it up for you.

Water on Earth: let's take for example the Island of Tabarca near alicante (is lovly by the way and the ferry ahve glass bottom so you can see all God's fishes under the waters so that you're not get boring on the voyage).

Anyway, water is a finite recourse??

Well, Tabarca is a esmall island. Right? good.

If you take one cow to Tabarca and leave him there she will be on there foreverandever, yes? (Obviously cows die in end but water no, but we'll ignore this bit for now...)

So, the people on island of Tabarca think, hey our cow is forever, no? So they start eat bits off it, on Monday a leg, Tuesday a ear etc etc.

Now if the cow was put there 500 years ago, you would espect there be nothing of cow, cos a leg on Monday, ear on Tuesday, half a udder on Wedensday etc....would be no cow left from like hundreds of year ago, yes?!? cLARO QUE SÍ!!!:thumbsup:

Sooooo, ...now using brain.....if there is still a cow on Tabarca TODAY.....it mean that cow was only putted there LAST WEEKEND!!!! Otherways, would be no cow left!!!

Same whit water. Earth can no be more than 6,000 years of old!!
Hope I dumb it up enought for you!

YIC, Mari:)

Here is foto of the Isla de Tabarca for esplain what I'm mean, so you can understand about limit supply of things, OK?:)

(Remember the cow - ¡múuuuuuuuuu!)
http://www.info-costablanca.com/_xme...0002/foto1.jpg

YIC, Mari

standman 05-06-2011 05:04 PM

Re: Homeschool Science Lessons: Proving atheists wrong with scien
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wait_what (Post 745381)
You are wrong. In Science if something is universal, irrefutable, and 100% proven, it is called a law. Darwin's theory is not Darwin's law of evolution.

He wasn't some random guy; He is God.

The logic is there in your own secular science laws.

According to the First LAW of Thermodynamics, matter and energy cannot be created nor destroyed. Well then, how is it that I keep getting a fresh gallon of water every day while I live in the high desert? Simple, God gives it to me.

Yes it's true, matter cannot be created or destroyed. The same applies to water, when we drink it it doesnt just dissapear into a black hole never to be seen again - it is obviously recycled. As a side note, the original proposition assumes that the world population has been at 6 Billion for the last 3 Billion years, which is obviously untrue. There are plenty of Christians and believers of other faiths who take this as common knowledge also, so to present this as a purely Atheistic point of view is quite misleading.

standman 05-06-2011 10:52 PM

Re: Homeschool Science Lessons: Proving atheists wrong with scien
 
Well, after further thought and calculations, I have realised that it is true; there's just no way there could still be any water left on the planet after all these years. I forgot about all the deers and cows all over the planet who also drink so much water, even way more than people. Not to mention elephants who can probably drink as much as 100 people would drink in one day. Something just doesnt add up..

Rev. M. Rodimer 05-07-2011 12:28 AM

Re: Homeschool Science Lessons: Proving atheists wrong with scien
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by standman (Post 746262)
Well, after further thought and calculations, I have realised that it is true; there's just no way there could still be any water left on the planet after all these years. I forgot about all the deers and cows all over the planet who also drink so much water, even way more than people. Not to mention elephants who can probably drink as much as 100 people would drink in one day. Something just doesnt add up..

:yahoo: Glory! An atheist sees part of the light!

Are you ready to meet my friend Jesus?

wait_what 05-08-2011 03:10 AM

Re: Homeschool Science Lessons: Proving atheists wrong with scien
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by standman (Post 746262)
Well, after further thought and calculations, I have realised that it is true; there's just no way there could still be any water left on the planet after all these years. I forgot about all the deers and cows all over the planet who also drink so much water, even way more than people. Not to mention elephants who can probably drink as much as 100 people would drink in one day. Something just doesnt add up..

I am glad you finally saw the light.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:27 PM.

Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1620, 2016 all rights reserved