The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   False Religions and Cults (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Bo's Law (or how to tell real atheists from false ones) (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=19316)

Pastor Ezekiel 01-27-2009 12:36 PM

Bo's Law (or how to tell real atheists from false ones)

Bo's Law States:

It is impossible to tell through the internet whether a person or organization is legitimately Atheist or is simply a person or organization making fun of Atheism.

Bo's Law In Detail:

Bo's Law relates to Atheism and the difficulty of identifying legitimate Atheists and their organizations because it is so hard to tell fake Atheism from the real thing. The law also works in reverse because as Christians, we know in actuality, there is really no such thing as "Atheism." So in fact, "real Atheists" can also be indistinguishable from "fake Atheists" because there are people and organizations who claim to be Atheist, while we know that is quite impossible, since there is no such thing as a real Atheist. All sane and rational people believe in God, whether they deny it or not. The Bible says that people who say there is "no God" are "'ivveleth (ihv-vel-LETH)" which translates to "mentally insane" (Psalm 14:1) Thus, people who claim to be Atheists are suffering from a mental delusion that can be cured in many cases by steadfast prayer, and/or mild electro-shock therapy coupled with approved medications prescribed by an authorized Christian Psychiatrist or experienced Pastor.

So the dilemma is: Are the web-sites and blogs that claim to be Atheist, really web-sites created by Christians who are parodying Atheists or by people and organizations who are so deluded to think they are Atheist, but in fact not, and thus lending to the extended parody of Atheism and mental delusion?

A Few Examples of Bo's Law:

The Friendly Atheist Blog - This blog has a picture of a smug looking brown-skinned fellow, who looks like he was photo shopped. He calls himself Hermant, thus lending to the confusion about his natural origins as a human (Herman) and more subtly as an insect. The parody becomes completely obvious if you save "Hermant's" picture onto your computer, and zoom in on his mouth very closely, you will see there is a slight grin on his face. Also, his left eye is much larger than his right eye, which is probably just the result of poor photo-shopping. "Herman-ant's" (as we refer to him in our lectures) blog attracts thousands of other so-called Atheists who post responses to his articles (which at first glance appear to be questions about the world from an Atheist point of view). The blog appears to be authentic, but after close examination it becomes apparent that the creator is actually a Christian (a mild-mannered gentleman with a "Hello, My Name is Hermant" name sticker on his lapel was spotted at the Southern Baptist Convention in Jacksonville, FL a year ago with a tape recorder) who is parodying Atheism. The readers on the other hand are legitimate people who think they are Atheists, while in fact they are not, because according to Bo's Law, that is impossible. The blog is also hosted by, "WordPress," a well known Christian blogging corporation dedicated to spreading God's Word by "pressing" through the internets.

The Secular Web (formerly Internet Infidels) - The creator(s) of this site changed the name recently to make it appear more legitimate. The parody was initially too obvious as they linked to hateful Atheist paraphernalia, blasphemous quotes, and hosted a forum where people with names that would quickly give away the parody like; Infidelxxx, and Satanatheist would post hateful quotes about Christians. Since the site had a makeover, they now present unsuspecting readers with an "Honorary Board", a "FAQ," and even claim to have a "501©(3)" association. These items make it far more difficult to distinguish the parody. Even more disturbing is the fact that young children who are searching for legitimate meaning in life, may stumble upon the site and be presented with a barrage of research, data, facts and other falsities which supposedly support human reason and logic. The credo, "a drop of reason in a pool of confusion" is a dead giveaway to Christian intellectuals that the site is created by real Christians. The credo refers to "a drop," and the site presents thousands of "drops." Learned followers of Christ know that "a drop" means, "The Holy Bible," but to those readers who are not well trained in the faith it appears confusing. One can only pray that the site creators allow for the Secular Web parody to be more obvious lest they cause little ones to stumble in their walk with the Lord.

Formalizations of Bo's Law

There have been numerous attempts by legitimate Christian organizations to formalize the various concepts that Bo's law has been used for. Although Bo's Law itself works for the greater good of Christendom as a whole, it oftentimes could lead Christians astray or enrage them toward imprecatorial prayers (Bible-based prayers for evil or misfortune to fall upon others) which would in turn have a devastating effect upon a fellow brother or sister in Christ who is utilizing Bo's Law for ministerial purposes.

Origins of Bo's Law

Bo's law was originally developed at the Landover Baptist Center for Creation Science Research by Dr. Bo Jenkins. Dr. Jenkins was on the U.S. Senate Fellowship House of Directors for 8-years. He also served as a secular media consultant for President George W. Bush's Department of Faith. Dr. Bo Jenkins is currently the Dean of the Department of Creation Science and Biblical Biology at Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia. He also serves at Liberty University as the tenured Professor of Astro-Creation Physics.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Test Your Knowledge of Bo's Law:

Three of the following seven web sites are examples of “Bo’s Law,” while the others are serious attempts by mentally deluded people or organizations who really think they are Atheists! Good Luck choosing which! Please remember that however amusing some of these sites might seem to you as a Christian, mental illnesses like "Atheism" are very serious!

PZ Meyers Science Blog

The Rational Response Squad

Richard Dawkins - A Clear Thinking Oasis

Positive Atheism - "Serving People With No Reason to Believe"

The Freedom From Religion Foundation

Secular Student Alliance - Mobilizing Students for a New Enlightenment

American Humanist Association - "Values for Today"

Answer:

*Please note that this short test is taken directly from Dr. Bo Jenkins' mid-term exam for Christian graduate students of Astro-Creation Physics at Liberty University. We regret that we can not give the answers to this test of "Bo's Law" online for legal reasons. We can however, provide you with a hint: The third letter from the second word in each verse from the book of John, Chapter 5, KJV 1611 version. Provide phonetic arrangement starting with names beginning with "B" in Chronicles Chapter 4. Use the multiplier provided in Malachi 2:3.

SUV 01-27-2009 07:21 PM

Re: Bo's Law (or how to tell real atheists from fake ones)

Bo DON'T know! That there is a GoD in Heaven. Who possibly even loves ducks :(

So what does Bo know? Scary to contemplate :fear2:

Rev. M. Rodimer 01-27-2009 10:47 PM

Pastor, thanks for sharing this great Internet Law. I'd never heard of it before.

This list would make a great "multiple-checkbox" poll, asking which of these is just too darned silly to be real!

Personally, I'd probably check them all, except for the "Secular Student Alliance", because we all know how knowitall-gullible-rebellious college students can be.

Ahimaaz Smith 01-27-2009 10:54 PM

Only a real sicko would try to turn religion (or the lack thereof) into a satire. Real atheists, fake atheists, I say stone them all and let God sort them out.

nuncio 02-03-2009 05:02 PM

Student Secular Association?
That's gotta be a joke.
SSA is ASS backwards!

Jeremiah Robertson 02-25-2009 01:05 AM

A real atheist will be a stupid one. For he/she will say there is no God, and the fool has said in his heart, "There is no God,"

And since all atheists are stupid enough to say that there is no God, that means that they are all real.

Ahlen Atheati 04-12-2009 06:38 PM

You think that people who say they are atheist are wrong? That noone is an atheist? Huh?

Ezekiel Bathfire 04-12-2009 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ahlen Atheati (Post 314695)
You think that people who say they are atheist are wrong? That noone is an atheist? Huh?

How many times have you seen something on youtube and thought, “!!!What are the chances of that happening?” Bear that thought in mind.
An atheist makes the statement, “There is no God”

A secular scientist will tell you that everything (not just some things but everything) is uncertain (see that idiot heathen Heisenberg.)

If I say, “Don’t think of a hippopotamus.” The first thing that comes to your mind is a hippopotamus. If I say, “Don't think of God.” (Jesus forgive me, I’m dealing with a retard) what is the first thing that comes to your mind? God! You know a lot about Him, but you say there is no such thing.

You say there is no such thing as a unicorn and no such thing as God. I then ask, “If, as you say, they are both imaginary, how do you know they are not one and the same?” You could answer that but in doing so, you would display knowledge about something that you deny exists!

If I say, “Describe a Fragotus” you’d be stuck because I’ve just made that up and there isn’t a Fragotus.” I’d believe you if you said you didn’t believe in them.

So you see, you are not an atheist, you are an agnostic. If you are an agnostic, then you’d be better off believing in God to save the embarrassment when you reach heaven (Granted that in your case that is slight.)

Pastor Ezekiel 04-13-2009 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ahlen Atheati (Post 314695)

Who is "noone?" Do you mean Peter Noone? I'm pretty sure he's a papist. :bad:

Sixtha 04-16-2009 12:26 AM

This law its pretty much like covering your eyes and ears and screaming: "I can't hear you, atheist scum, you don't exist!"

Elizabeth 05-11-2009 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezekiel Bathfire (Post 314739)
How many times have you seen something on youtube and thought, “!!!What are the chances of that happening?” Bear that thought in mind.
An atheist makes the statement, “There is no God”

A secular scientist will tell you that everything (not just some things but everything) is uncertain (see that idiot heathen Heisenberg.)

If I say, “Don’t think of a hippopotamus.” The first thing that comes to your mind is a hippopotamus. If I say, “Don't think of God.” (Jesus forgive me, I’m dealing with a retard) what is the first thing that comes to your mind? God! You know a lot about Him, but you say there is no such thing.

You say there is no such thing as a unicorn and no such thing as God. I then ask, “If, as you say, they are both imaginary, how do you know they are not one and the same?” You could answer that but in doing so, you would display knowledge about something that you deny exists!

If I say, “Describe a Fragotus” you’d be stuck because I’ve just made that up and there isn’t a Fragotus.” I’d believe you if you said you didn’t believe in them.

So you see, you are not an atheist, you are an agnostic. If you are an agnostic, then you’d be better off believing in God to save the embarrassment when you reach heaven (Granted that in your case that is slight.)

So if I say "Describe Harry Potter," and you say something along the lines of he is a satan-worshipping witch, by your flawed logic that means Harry Potter must exist, because you displayed knowledge about him!

I'm an agnostic in that I recognize that nobody can KNOW for sure if there is a God. But I'm an atheist in that I BELIEVE that there is no God. It's like saying I believe a certain sports team will win a game, but I recognize that I can't know for sure.

Ezekiel Bathfire 05-11-2009 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth (Post 323409)
So if I say "Describe Harry Potter," and you say something along the lines of he is a satan-worshipping witch, by your flawed logic that means Harry Potter must exist, because you displayed knowledge about him!

No. We know that Harry Potter is not a real being because all the evidence we have about him just comes from a book.

Quote:

I'm an agnostic in that I recognize that nobody can KNOW for sure if there is a God. But I'm an atheist in that I BELIEVE that there is no God.
100 years ago, the Pastor would have beat you for that. 50 Years ago, some spotty faced teen girl in Bible Class would have sent you to a corner. In both cases, there was a chance your soul could be saved. In these lieberal times, as Satan stalks the earth, you are allowed to get away with doubt and your own opinions, but the result is Damnation.
Quote:

It's like saying I believe a certain sports team will win a game, but I recognize that I can't know for sure.
Then I suggest you avoid gambling on the outcome of football and baseball. However, the consequences of losing the bet on God are awesomely awful.

Sir Bernie 05-11-2009 11:40 PM

So our knowledge about Harry Potter is out of a book. I totally agree on that. But our knowledge about god is from a book, too. And, as I may say, a much older one!
And Harry Potter is in the present, but the bible was written long time ago. And even long time after the person named Jesus died.

I hope you all know, that you are atheists, too. Or do you believe in Zeus, Hermes or Thor??
You see, you are atheists, too. We are just one god further then you.

Cheers,

Yours Sir

Brother Temperance 05-11-2009 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Bernie (Post 323464)
So our knowledge about Harry Potter is out of a book. I totally agree on that. But our knowledge about god is from a book, too. And, as I may say, a much older one!
And Harry Potter is in the present, but the bible was written long time ago.

That proves how True it is. If there were any problems with the Bible, people would've spotted them by now.
Quote:

I hope you all know, that you are atheists, too. Or do you believe in Zeus, Hermes or Thor??
We believe in the existence of Satan and his demons, yes.

Ezekiel Bathfire 05-11-2009 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Bernie (Post 323464)
So our knowledge about Harry Potter is out of a book. I totally agree on that. But our knowledge about god is from a book, too.

God dictated that book to a King of England, a bit different from Harry Potter, which was written by a fag-enabling witch.
Quote:

And, as I may say, a much older one!
Ah yes, it has withstood the test of time.
Quote:

And Harry Potter is in the present, but the bible was written long time ago.
I’ve just said that! Don’t you read?
Quote:

And even long time after the person named Jesus died.
Jesus did not die – that is the whole point of it – He only died temporarily for people like you, who do not seen to appreciate it at all! He is alive in Heaven.

Quote:

I hope you all know, that you are atheists, too.
Silly
Quote:

Or do you believe in Zeus, Hermes or Thor??
What do you take us for? Superstitious idiots?
Quote:

You see, you are atheists, too. We are just one god further then you.
Who is this “We”? Are you legion? Beset by demons?

Sir Bernie 05-14-2009 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezekiel Bathfire (Post 323470)
Ah yes, it has withstood the test of time.

So has the Torah. No point for you.
Quote:

I’ve just said that! Don’t you read?

Hehe, funny guy, aren't you?
Well, thing I wanted to say was: Harry Potter is more recent and even better selling then the bible. AND it is more possible then the storys happening in the bible!
Quote:

Jesus did not die – that is the whole point of it – He only died temporarily for people like you, who do not seen to appreciate it at all! He is alive in Heaven.

Yes... well, no. He isn't alive. He would look awful by now. He is dead, like everybody else who died 2000 and so years ago!
Quote:

Silly What do you take us for? Superstitious idiots?

Yes, I do. But the point was, that if you don't belive in them, then you all are atheists, too, as I already said but can do so again for your limited brain.
Quote:

Who is this “We”? Are you legion? Beset by demons?

"We" is the atheist community. No legion, no demons, no god. Easy, isn't it? No, naturally not, you would have to look beyond your own nose.

SUV 05-14-2009 05:34 PM

I Hate fake athians even worse than the real ones. 'Cause how can you even tell that they need to be Converted? :(

Ezekiel Bathfire 05-14-2009 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Bernie (Post 324349)
So has the Torah. No point for you.

Points indeed, would you accept the words of a Christ Killing joo?

Quote:

Well, thing I wanted to say was: Harry Potter is more recent and even better selling then the bible.
Quote:

Statistics show in the past 10 years, 250 million copies of the Bible have been sold.{…} The series, not counting the last book, has sold 325 million copies over 10 years. That's more than the population of the United States.
You will immediately see that this is over the past 10 years – The Bible has been going since 1611.
Quote:

AND it is more possible then the storys happening in the bible!
As far as I can see the only single thing that that Harry Potter and The Bible agree upon is unicorns. God says they exist and so does J K Rowlings.

Quote:

"We" is the atheist community. No legion, no demons, no god. Easy, isn't it? No, naturally not, you would have to look beyond your own nose.
Who are you? The chief atheist? I know that most atheists actually have a small piece of their heart dedicated to Jesus – they just say they don’t so they appear “hip” to their friends.

Son, there will come a day when you admit to yourself that Landover was right.

Sir Bernie 05-14-2009 08:43 PM

You know NOTHINg about atheism. Your bible is biased, I don't need any of that. So, no chances there. There is no "hip" or anything. The bible is just not logic, the chances of god are to small to even think of beliving in one. There is more chance that a supernova will kiss my ass right now... nothing.
@ miss Sport Utility Vehicle: Go back into the kitchen and be a good wife. That's what you are born for, if you keep believing that hanky panky. no one has to be converted, just let the people rot in hell. let us go bananas with science.
ye now what? you are some funny guys, using the net to broadcast your "science is shit"-attitude.

http://www.holysmoke.org/hs00/beer.htm

good night

eliot mayfield 05-14-2009 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Bernie (Post 324401)
You know NOTHINg about atheism. Your bible is biased, I don't need any of that. So, no chances there. There is no "hip" or anything. The bible is just not logic, the chances of god are to small to even think of beliving in one. There is more chance that a supernova will kiss my ass right now... nothing.
@ miss Sport Utility Vehicle: Go back into the kitchen and be a good wife. That's what you are born for, if you keep believing that hanky panky. no one has to be converted, just let the people rot in hell. let us go bananas with science.
ye now what? you are some funny guys, using the net to broadcast your "science is shit"-attitude.

http://www.holysmoke.org/hs00/beer.htm

good night

So you believe in a huge universe as science tells you, where there are billions of planets and statistically there must be life on some of them and it's so big that anything is possible, except God?