The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The introduction forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Hello (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=115030)

Yeager 08-08-2018 03:48 PM

Hello

Hello,
I am a little over 30. I know I am a bit young, but I had a very sinful childhood up until I was around 23, & I hope I either can glean something from you all or help others. Right off the bat; I was not raised by my parents, like at all, & I was taught in the public school system. I was a drunkard, gay, tobacco addict, (both cigarettes & chew) & of course careless. On top of all that, I thought everyone but my few friends were horse shit & that everyone, even religious people deserved to die. I was in numerous drunk car crashes, too many fights to remember, & even got two cancers; lung & skin. The first cancer I got was a skin cancer, one that is caused by to much sun light. Actinic Keratosis is its name. So, I was basically allergic to the sun, even though I was not outside much. Then when I got this, I could not be in the sun much at all. That did not stop stupid & stubborn me. I did not really care about my state & often questioned the purpose & reason of life, & if the pleasure was worth the suffering that comes with pleasure. But then on top of that & also got lung cancer. Even that did not make me change my ways. After questioning life over & over, I tried to commit suicide by jumping out a 5th story window. I had broken legs, arms, ribs, & a cracked skull. But, I did not die. During the tortuous recovery, I tried again, still in the hospital, by using a needle to cut my wrist, the correct way (long ways NOT sideways). But, I still survived. Recognizing that I had survived over 10 car crashes, 2 suicide attempts, 2 cancers that were still trying to hand me over to death, but I was still recovering, I decided something was not letting me go. So, I recovered, got out of the hospital & decided to find out what was torturing me by not killing me. The Jews religion did not strike the nerve & neither did any of the others even some of the Christian ways did not really. But, the one thing I noticed, was that in every religion, something was similar to another, almost linking each other together. So, I decided, well; how about I read the bibles for each religion. So, I started with the most common: The Holy Bible. Well, It was definitely different from most Christian's beliefs even though they supposedly go by IT. So for the past 7ish years, I have worked off my debt & read the Bible front to back about 13 times now. I have read a few different translations a little bit, but found that the King James version seemed to be the most accurate. Since I began to read the bible, I have overcome my addictions to the point I am still chewing tobacco, but can stop chewing whenever I want for as long as I want. I stopped chewing tobacco for over 4 years & realized It was God & the state of my head that overcame my addictions. So my addictions are now at my command & both cancers are completely gone. I have not had an accident in a while, (Yes I do have accidents, but NO WHERE near what I used to have). I just discovered this site, & thought: "Wow these people are up front, straight forward, & different" After investigating this site a little, I decided to join & see how things go. I do not go to any church, I feel like I have been told to just stay at home & read the Bible. I am no longer gay, but I am not married either. I acknowledge the place of man over women, & that everything is not happy go lucky as people will burn forever in hell & we will be persecuted. I am a self employed drywall installer, & doing okay now in financial terms. However I find myself almost crying for Jesus to return as the ignorance of the people around is just down right frustrating. I try to tell people about God, & either they are so fixed on their own religion (evolution mainly) or they don't even care. I have come to the belief that God knew what I would become & thought it worth my shitty life.

So thats the overall of my story, & I love constructive criticism. I love debates because if the other person (AND YOURSELF) are open to receive truth, then you can grow from each other. I do not like pompous formalities, just straight up talking as if we were face-to-face & as if we were old friends.

With all that out of the way, I will go back to exploring this forum.

Yeager 08-08-2018 04:03 PM

Edit: Hello

As I do not have edit post permissions yet, I will be posting a comment. You will not believe the amount of joy I have at the moment to see a flat earth acceptant group that also believe in God!

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 08-08-2018 06:06 PM

Re: Hello

Hello dear, and a very warm welcome to our site.

I am afraid I did not read the first, rather Joycean section of your post. However, you go on to say:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeager (Post 1236138)
I love constructive criticism.

This is excellent news - you will find us keen to provide it! Indeed, we are obliged to do so by James 5:19-20. May I be the first to make a polite suggestion, to wit that you might consider writing in shorter, more coherent paragraphs? Thank you.

I don't understand your second post: what are "edit post permissions"? The "yet" suggests you aspire to obtaining them, whatever they may be. I wish you luck with that.

Yours in Christ,
Joanna Lytton-Vasey (Mrs)

Yeager 08-08-2018 06:39 PM

You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
"You may not edit your posts"
Post rules on the bottom of the forum.

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 08-08-2018 06:57 PM

Well you learn something new every day! Fortunately, I have never felt the need to edit my posts. On these forums we True Christians™ speak (or rather write) as Our Dear Lord directs us. I am sure that He forgives our occasional typos and formatting errors! :thumbsup:

:praise:

James Hutchins 08-08-2018 08:09 PM

Re: Edit: Hello

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeager (Post 1236139)
As I do not have edit post permissions yet, I will be posting a comment. You will not believe the amount of joy I have at the moment to see a flat earth acceptant group that also believe in God!

Well, you have me there, friend. I know God. If he says the Earth is flat, it is flat. Not my place to ever question the Creator. Do you think you know more than Him and His Divine Wisdom®?
I noticed you did not bother to post your favorite scripture. Why is that? You do not think the Holy Bible is important? What would Christianity be if not for His Golden Word©? You cannot just make things up and think you are a Christian. You have to live exactly as the Bible tells you, no matter your own thought. That is what it is all about (not the hokey-pokey).:innocent:

Brother Gonzalez 08-08-2018 10:11 PM

Hi. Please use full stops a little bit. Your post hurt my eyes.

Welcome. Post more Bible and less crying about how hard it was for you. There are people that have never been told about God and Jesus: they have it hard, in Hell, right now and forever.

You found God, so you are all right.

What is you favorite Bible passage? Why? How do you use it in everyday life?

What rod do you favor to educate children? Do you wash your hands before eating? What gun do you use to hunt? Why do you think you can go to Heaven without paying tithes?

MitzaLizalor 08-09-2018 12:26 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum; thank you for posting an introductory post. You mentioned not attending a Church. I can recommend Hebrews where God's explanation of Christianity is so well presented and chapter ten is particularly helpful for new believers.

Hebrews 10:22-25 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering..And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Hebrews 10:1-39
Hebrews 1:1 – 13:25

By clicking on the underlined link [TOP] the quoted passage is available. Additional context is given there: here [ABOVE] I've included links for you. Hebrews is a great book and God has included it in The Bible so that we will understand just how important it was for Jesus to be A) God and B) killed.

We are so richly blessed in Him.

Dana723 08-09-2018 04:20 AM

TL: DR. Plus I got a headache trying to decipher your post. A cautious:welcome: to you and a prayer that Jesus will help you improve your grammar, spelling, and such. :innocent:

Faith_Machine 08-09-2018 09:44 AM

Hey pal. I'm curious about your claim that you're no longer gay. Homosexuality isn't something that just wears off over time. Assuming you're telling the truth, how do you explain this radical change in your sexual and romantic orientation?

Yeager 08-09-2018 12:51 PM

Re: Edit: Hello

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 1236148)
Well, you have me there, friend. I know God. If he says the Earth is flat, it is flat. Not my place to ever question the Creator. Do you think you know more than Him and His Divine Wisdom®?
I noticed you did not bother to post your favorite scripture. Why is that? You do not think the Holy Bible is important? What would Christianity be if not for His Golden Word©? You cannot just make things up and think you are a Christian. You have to live exactly as the Bible tells you, no matter your own thought. That is what it is all about (not the hokey-pokey).:innocent:

I had to get back to work, so I wanted to manage my free time on the site wisely.

My favorite scripture is

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8:
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: 2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

I use it as if someone feels they were told to do something by God, the only thing I can do is see if it lines up with gods commandments. And even then, I cannot really say God did not tell that man to do what he is doing.

An example I cannot always say that it is wrong is because God told the prophet Hosea to take a whore.

Hosea 1:2-4:

2 The beginning of the word of the Lord by Hosea. And the Lord said to Hosea, Go, take unto thee a wife of whoredoms and children of whoredoms: for the land hath committed great whoredom, departing from the Lord.
3 So he went and took Gomer the daughter of Diblaim; which conceived, and bare him a son.
4 And the Lord said unto him, Call his name Jezreel; for yet a little while, and I will avenge the blood of Jezreel upon the house of Jehu, and will cause to cease the kingdom of the house of Israel.

So as you can see there IS a time & a place for everthing.

Yeager 08-09-2018 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faith_Machine (Post 1236163)
Hey pal. I'm curious about your claim that you're no longer gay. Homosexuality isn't something that just wears off over time. Assuming you're telling the truth, how do you explain this radical change in your sexual and romantic orientation?

Well, during my suicide attempts recovery, I for one, could not do anything sexually.
Then after the realization that something (God) was keeping me alive, I decided to devote my time to finding out what I thought was torturing me.

The only thing I did was do random work & explore religions.

As I said, it has been 7 years since the beginning of my change.
Once I read the Bible twice I severely tried my hardest to disprove the Bible, but of course I failed miserably.

I found out to my horror, that nothing could disprove that God is there, & instead proves he IS there, looking down on me with dismay & hopefully mercy. I hope that I have not ruined my chance.

Yeager 08-09-2018 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Gonzalez (Post 1236153)
Hi. Please use full stops a little bit. Your post hurt my eyes.

Welcome. Post more Bible and less crying about how hard it was for you. There are people that have never been told about God and Jesus: they have it hard, in Hell, right now and forever.

You found God, so you are all right.

What is you favorite Bible passage? Why? How do you use it in everyday life?

What rod do you favor to educate children? Do you wash your hands before eating? What gun do you use to hunt? Why do you think you can go to Heaven without paying tithes?

I am sorry about the post hurting your eyes.

I did not post everything that I wanted, as I said above, I have limited time on here & I want to use it wisely.

I did not mean to come across as poor-me.

I posted my favorite passage a little above.

As for a rod, I do not have any children, & I have no authority over someone else's children.

WASH MY HANDS?
I do that ALL the time. After I go to the bathroom, as you said before I eat, during work, (I work in drywall, It is dusty, muddy [drywall mud]) & while I take a shower.
I take a shower twice a day, in the morning & in the evening.
However, on the topic of washing hands, Jesus said:

Matthew 15:1-9:

Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying,
2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.
3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.
5 But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;
6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.
7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

What gun do I use to hunt?
A 30-30 lever action Winchester.
I also have a model 92-a1 9mm Berreta pistol with 30 round mags for self defense.

As for tithes, Numbers 18:21-22 clearly states that the tithes were for the Levites. If you can prove to me that you are a Levite, I will gladly tithe away.

That does not mean I am not charitable, I give money & food to many homeless people.

Numbers 18:21-22:

21 And, behold, I have given the children of Levi all the tenth in Israel for an inheritance, for their service which they serve, even the service of the tabernacle of the congregation.
22 Neither must the children of Israel henceforth come nigh the tabernacle of the congregation, lest they bear sin, and die.

Now I must go back to work, so good bye for a little bit.

Yeager 08-09-2018 01:49 PM

Back to the whole washing hands thing, if you continue Matthew 15 to verse 11, Jesus also states:

Matthew15:11-14:

11:Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

12:Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?

13:But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.

14:Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

DolliMoans 08-09-2018 02:44 PM

Keep your hands clean, Yeager beaver.

What do those verses have to do with washing hands? I don't see "washing" or "hands" mentioned in anything of those!

Yeager 08-09-2018 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DolliMoans (Post 1236178)
Keep your hands clean, Yeager beaver.

What do those verses have to do with washing hands? I don't see "washing" or "hands" mentioned in anything of those!

Yes I will definitely keep my hands clean. I just wanted to point out Jesus said this:

Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying, 2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.
3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.
5 But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;
6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.
7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
10 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:
11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

But, yes I am a clean freak.

Yeager 08-09-2018 03:18 PM

Those verses are from Matthew 15. Sorry I in a hurry forgot to include that in my last post.

Mary Etheldreda 08-09-2018 03:33 PM

Welcome Yeager! You sound very eager to share the Glory and Majesty of our LORD :christ-fancy: :jesus-fancy:!
I for one cannot wait to join you in conversations around the forums! You're not limited to this thread, or even the intro forum, so chop chop! Those heathens aren't going to convince themselves!

Glory!

James Hutchins 08-09-2018 05:56 PM

Mr. Yeager, I am pleased to peaches you can use a Bible. A man's word means nothing unless he can back it up with God's Word. An opinion is just blather, but what God says is something else.
I know many of our members have peppered you with questions and being the new man in Church can be a dizzying experience, so I'll let you settle in and find your Pew.:thumbsup:

Yeager 08-09-2018 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 1236187)
Mr. Yeager, I am pleased to peaches you can use a Bible. A man's word means nothing unless he can back it up with God's Word. An opinion is just blather, but what God says is something else.
I know many of our members have peppered you with questions and being the new man in Church can be a dizzying experience, so I'll let you settle in and find your Pew.:thumbsup:

Thank you James.

I do not mind the questions. It is actually fun to be tested a little. :D