The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Teaching His Word (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Why was Jesus Circumcised? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=33689)

Brother V 01-04-2010 07:15 PM

Why was Jesus Circumcised?

Luke 2:21 And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.

Friends, this verse has me confounded.

Why was Jesus circumcised?

Well, that's not really the correct question. The correct question was:

Why did Jesus need to be circumcised?

If Jesus needed to be circumcised, that means he was born with a foreskin.

Let's look into the history of Circumcision. Abraham was the first guy to whack off part of his peepee (that we know of). (Genesis 17:13) He did it as a symbol of the everlasting covenant.

So, Jesus when Jesus was born he was 100% God and 100% man. He had no sin. He was/is the covenant. Since he was born without sin, I would think that he would have been born without a foreskin.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Rothenburg.jpg

YIC
V

Gabriel Reproba 01-04-2010 08:52 PM

Re: Why was Jesus Circumcised?

As always, context is important. keep reading and you will find:

Quote:

And when they had performed all things according to the law of the Lord, they returned into Galilee, to their own city Nazareth.
Luke 2:39
As we all know, the applicable law of the Lord at the time of Jesus's birth was the Old Testament. We find the applicable law here:

Quote:

9And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations.
10This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.
11And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you.
12And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.
13He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.
14And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.

Genesis 17:9-14

If Jesus had not been circumcised, he would have "broken [God's] covenant." this would have cast him out from the people and he would not have been seen as the Messiah.

I hope this helps!

Brother V 01-04-2010 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Reproba (Post 439368)
As always, context is important. keep reading and you will find:

As we all know, the applicable law of the Lord at the time of Jesus's birth was the Old Testament. We find the applicable law here:

If Jesus had not been circumcised, he would have "broken [God's] covenant." this would have cast him out from the people and he would not have been seen as the Messiah.

I hope this helps!

But brother, why would God be born with a foreskin? Wasn't he perfect? If so, then I'd assume the Rabbi/Priest guy doing the trimming would have been flummoxed as the child in front of him wouldn't have a foreskin.

Shouldn't Jesus (who WAS the NEW COVENANT) have been born perfect according to the OLD Covenant?

There should be an anecdotal story in the Bible (KJV1611) about how the priest said "this boy doesn't have a foreskin".

YIC
V

Gabriel Reproba 01-04-2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother V (Post 439381)
But brother, why would God be born with a foreskin? Wasn't he perfect?

The God part of him WAS perfect, but as you said, he was also 100% human, too. As such he had to be born as a man and go through the human experience. That God decided to come and live as a human among us is the greatest gift we have ever received. This is just a sign that he wanted teh full human experience, circumcision and all!

Brother V 01-04-2010 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Reproba (Post 439384)
The God part of him WAS perfect, but as you said, he was also 100% human, too. As such he had to be born as a man and go through the human experience. That God decided to come and live as a human among us is the greatest gift we have ever received. This is just a sign that he wanted teh full human experience, circumcision and all!

Luke 2:52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

How can God increase in wisdom?

This verse implies that God isn't 100% wise.

So, not only was Jesus born imperfect with a foreskin, he was also born not completely wise.

Sometimes, I just don't understand my LORD.

YIC
V

Gabriel Reproba 01-04-2010 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother V (Post 439388)
Luke 2:52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

So, not only was Jesus born imperfect with a foreskin, he was also born not completely wise.

YIC
V

I know it is hard, but you KNOW that EVERY WORD of the Bible is TRUE. It was 100% wise of God to decide that the Jesus part of himself would not be 100% wise. For example, why didn't Jesus pop out and start talking right away? If he was 100% wise, he could have come out of the womb and spoken to anyone in their native tongue. For that matter, as soon as he was born, he could have spread word about the scientific method or even just told people not to store their food next to their waste piles and in the process, Baby Jesus would have saved millions if not biullions of lives by introducing basic hygine. That he did not means that GOD knows that the wisest thing to do as Jesus was to live just AS IF he were an ignorant, bronze-age, desert-dweller. He wasn't but he gave every impression that he was so that no-one could tell the difference until the Bible tells us he grew older, went to school and started stumping his teachers.

God knows best. Stop asking questions.

TruePath 01-04-2010 10:15 PM

Bismillahir'Rahman'ir'Rahim.

Wa'Salaamun Aleykum Wa Rahmatul'lah Wa Salihat.

Isa (pigs be upon him) or Jesus(pigs be upon him) as you call him (the correct name is Isa(pigs be upon him)) was a good Muslim and so was Ibrahim(pigs be upon him) (you people call him Abraham(pigs be upon him)).

Allah (Sal'Allah'u Alehke'Wa'Sallam) has ordered it from the days of Adem (pigs be upon him) (you infidels call him Adam(pigs be upon him)) who was the first Muslim.

This is the truth.

Hope this was helpful.

Brother V 01-04-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TruePath (Post 439417)

This is the truth.

Hope this was helpful.

That wasn't even remotely helpful.

YIC
V

Bobby-Joe 01-04-2010 10:54 PM

Quote:

YIC
V

This is like God's sacrifice of His only son to make sure Abraham couldn't on up God with Abraham's attempted sacrifice of Isaac. God just didn't sacrifice a human forskin to keep His own convent, God sacrificed Jesus' perfect forskin. Children grow in knowledge, so as Jesus God kicked up an notch by making His own perfect knowledge even better. God needed to go threw every step of man's life and show us how it is really done.

Jacob the Angry Liar 01-04-2010 11:06 PM

If Jesus had not been born with a foreskin, there would be no foreskin to cut off, and thus he would inevitably be a sinner. He would have been cast away before he could grant us salvation. God must have decided that he be born with a foreskin because of this.

Ezekiel Bathfire 01-04-2010 11:56 PM

Perhaps it was a symbolic foreskin?

Jacob the Angry Liar 01-05-2010 01:00 AM

I have another idea. Man was created BEFORE it was decided that all men must be circumsized. So the foreskin was a natural part of the tallywhacker. Now, we know that God created Man in His image, but this must be taken with a a grain of salt. If God had created Man EXACTLY in His own image, all humans would be perfect and identical. God might have some differences in His appearance to humans.

God, a perfect being, probably does not have a tallywhacker at all. He wouldn't need one, because he would not need it for reproduction (He can make people out of common household objects such as clay, ribs, etc.) and would not partake in sinful acts such as masturbation or sex without intent to reproduce. If one does not need a tallywhacker, it is a useless, extra appendage. A perfect being would not have a useless , extra appendage. He gave tallywhackers to Man so that Man could use them to reproduce. Jesus, like other men, was born with one. And all men are born with foreskins because, as I have said earlier, it is a natural part of the tallywhacker. But by the rules set forth by Abraham, it had to be removed just like everyone else.

Ezekiel Bathfire 01-05-2010 02:09 AM

I, for one, am impressed with that Brother Jacob11.

Pastor Nereu Gargalo 01-05-2010 02:39 AM

Quote:

YIC
V

The verse is clear. Jesus increased in stature in the eyes of those surrounding Him. His family had been looking for who they thought was a helpless child. They were then surprised to find Him conversing with doctors, safe in a temple. From this point they could be sure their child was wise and safe.

It seems to me your faith is faltering. I suggest you submit yourself to Landover officers for proper True Christian edification.

I will pray for you.

TruePath 01-05-2010 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by Brother V http://www.landoverbaptist.net/image...s/viewpost.gif

YIC
V

The answer is clear. Jesus(pigs be upon him) is not God.

Gabriel Reproba 01-05-2010 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TruePath (Post 439535)
The answer is clear. Jesus(pigs be upon him) is not God.

Why is this Allah-Ackbar still able to post here? It is statements like this that send people straight to hell and I don't want to be anywhere near him when it happens!

Pastor Nereu Gargalo 01-05-2010 03:03 AM

Why has this demon TruePath been allowed to post 80 times? Is Landover law enforcement unable to locate it?

I recommend that this demon is found quickly and dealt with harshly. I will not tolerate Mudslum scum, mannic witches and pagans and vile atheists posting freely on this Holy website.

I have his ip. I will let officers know right away. If we are lucky this demon will be found and killed soon.

Oakland "Reb" Griner 01-07-2010 02:59 AM

While it appears Jesus was circumcised, I am confident he did not experience the indignity and depravity of metzitzah b'peh !!

FreudianYoungin 01-09-2010 04:43 PM

Because he was jewish?

Oakland "Reb" Griner 01-09-2010 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreudianYoungin (Post 442389)
Because he was jewish?

Because God would have turned any pervert attempting to fellate Baby Jesus into a glowing fog of atoms.