The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Catholic Superstition (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   The Pope Goes Soft on the Death Penalty (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=115014)

Johny Joe Hold 08-02-2018 09:41 PM

The Pope Goes Soft on the Death Penalty

This Pope Francis has gone berserk. The Pope now claims he opposes the death penalty in all cases.

That just shows why we law and order Baptists need to be running this country. With a namby pamby Pope, murderers get a free pass.

The whole idea of banishing the death penalty is nuts when you look at the statistics. Most of the people fried are Negroes and Mexicans. Someone needs to straighten out that Pope.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/527eec0...res-death.html

Pope Francis declares death penalty is 'inadmissible' in teaching reversal
https://s1.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/x...ef6d6b4151dac8

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 08-02-2018 10:05 PM

Re: The Pope Goes Soft on the Death Penalty

Has he gone crazy, or is he really the Antichrist? This sort of nonsense is what we expect of the Church of England, but I'd have expected the Pope to have at least read the Bible, even if not in the KJV(1611).
:kjv1611-read:

I'd refer this foolish Latino to Exodus 21:12-17, Leviticus 20:10-13 and Deuteronomy 13:5 - and that's just for starters!

The Pope disgusts me!

YiC
JL-V

Father Maurice Lester 08-03-2018 02:33 AM

His Holiness is throwing out a life-line to Donald Trump who, as treasonous trash, will be certainly looking at the noose sooner than later.

This shows just how much compassion Francis has for even the lowest of human garbage.

Oh. There is also that whole "Thou Shalt Not Kill" thing.

Bless you, my habromaniacal haslots,
Father Mo

WilliamJenningsBryan 08-03-2018 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Father Maurice Lester (Post 1235962)
His Holiness is throwing out a life-line to Donald Trump who, as treasonous trash, will be certainly looking at the noose sooner than later.

This shows just how much compassion Francis has for even the lowest of human garbage.

Father Mo

It's pretty clear to everyone here in Freehold that Donald Trump doesn't need any of the "new" pope's magic elixirs - Jesus is personally watching out for the Donald.

To someone who could use the personal attention of Jesus, the commie Argentinian that is destroying the cathylick church with liberal theology, rewriting God's commandments on the fly is not the way to attract the right kind of attention. Witness - the continual stream of deceptions, manipulations and scandals coming from the Vatican under pope Francis.

While it might be a small and rather inconvenient matter to the cathylicks, there is the Bible (KJV1511) that speaks rather directly about the matter at hand:

Quote:

He that smiteth a man, so that he die, shall be surely put to death.

- Exodus 21:12

Then shall ye do unto him, as he had thought to have done unto his brother: so shalt thou put the evil away from among you. And those which remain shall hear, and fear, and shall henceforth commit no more any such evil among you. And thine eye shall not pity; but life shall go for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.

- Deuteronomy 19:19-21

If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life, Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.

- Exodus 21:22-25
Bless you too, my papal pederasty apologist.

Johny Joe Hold 08-03-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

Father Mo

It's outrageous for a priest or a pope to claim he is qualified to judge who is "garbage." We here at Landover Baptist Church are the experts in judging others. To think a cowboy from Argentina, who's nickname is "Fran", knows about sin and worthless groups of people is a nonstarter.

Father Maurice Lester 08-03-2018 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 1235970)
It's outrageous for a priest or a pope to claim he is qualified to judge who is "garbage."...

His Russian hookers have been to confession. The golden love from above that interests Trump is not heavenly salvation if you know what I mean.

Bless you, my Sean Spicer wannabe,
Father Mo

Elmer G. White 08-04-2018 09:55 AM

The question we need to ask is WHY would the Pope oppose Jesus in this, for him novel manner. Why would Mr. Bergoglio, or Frances as he chose to be yclept, meddle with legislation that is, for a change, in concert with the Bible. The only reason imaginable is that some of his hideous crimes are about to be public. Apparently these crimes are of a nature that would demand capital punishment.

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

It is thus certain that he is only trying to protect his own sorry excuse for a Life for a few additional years before Jesus casts him into utter, outer darkness (Matthew 8:12). :sinner:

Yours in Christ,

Elmer :bye:

MitzaLizalor 08-04-2018 08:32 PM

So who does this freak think he is? He claims to have a hotline to God but obviously he doesn't. When people invent gods for themselves and have imaginary conversations with them are they hallucinating or merely processing their own thoughts as a language experience? Some people "think in pictures" so I'd imagine it's possible to "think in voices" but normal people don't describe their thoughts as gods.

Bergoglio contradicts God by his mere existence so it comes as no surprise when his pronouncements contradict The Bible. What, in his delusion, should happen to wizards? Does he think the cardinals are wizards? God has covered this point in two ways.

EVIDENCE

Firstly, in Leviticus 20:27 we have God's statement about wizards where He states that they should be killed. Not maybe put to death depending on whether they contributed to social diversity in other ways or only conjured up minor demons. The Bible says straight out they shall surely be put to death. Clearly this Bergoglio has either no Bible knowledge or is lying to us.

Secondly, John 1:1-3, 14 explains that God is Jesus and that He came into the world. Bergoglio would know if he had read The Bible (or does know but is lying to us about it) that as a result the veil of separation once requiring priests as mediators no longer exists. Christians speak to God directly. Therefore anyone manufacturing a function for priests is running a fraud.

But it's worse than that. The Loved One (deceased), this clown declares, is being tormented. Your dead baby is in anguish crying out "Mummy! Mummy! I am helpless! Help me!" and it hurts so much. The husband you cherished but who was a protestant is in there too. His eyes try to be brave as he looks up imploringly but the tears just pour out he is a broken thing. So whether it's Limbo or Purgatory or hot rocks they dreamed up yesterday for their Pacific rim clients the remedy is the same. For a financial consideration prayers may be said, routed through Bergoglio's hotline, and eventually even if you had to mortgage the house that husband had covered with life insurance because he loved you or you live on half-rations for years to get your baby into "Heaven" but it's not real is it. Bergoglio is lying. And the pretext employed moves his racket across from simple fraud: this is extortion.

PROOF
Matthew 27:51-53 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, and came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

BrotherLarry 08-08-2018 02:40 PM

Poping is a lonely, difficult business, I surmise.

Having never been a pope, of course, I have never poped, but I can imagine the life is not like yours or mine. Think: you're sitting at home and realize you are out of soy sauce. You can't just run down to the Rome Wal-a-Marta and grab a container of it. Frustrating.

You are surrounded by men wearing a fabulous shade of red all the time while you are forced to wear white. Constantly getting spaghetti stains on your vestments, you're afraid to dine in public. I am, therefore, a little sympathetic to this antichrist vermin. But not much. Why? He is only a kneel away from accepting Jesus as He truly is - a forgiver of sin, a cleanser of souls, the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords. But will the papist pope throw away the bonds of hypocrisy and denounce the devil? "Nope - I'd rather be pope," he rhymes, as he dances an antichrist dance in the papal apartment. A little double hop as he emphasizes the rhyming words, and a snicker as he becomes more and more the man of sin described in our Holy Bible during the Great Tribulation.

Let us not worry about what a group of likely catholic people are forced to believe. As long as Baptists everywhere remain strong in the faith, we know that the everlasting death penalty awaits our foes; a stinging, biting, burning, ooh ooh icky poo death that shall be a constant reminder of their chances to serve GOD which were squandered on cheap wine and wafers.

Oh, Heavenly Father, what snowflakes men have become in these, the last days. While only You and Pastor Zeke know the time and hour that You shall return for Your Church, we all pray that the time is soon. We long for Your embrace, Jesus. We are excited to sing Your praises for aye. Sister Mary longs to be covered with Your sweet honey from the rock. Sister Mitza is awaiting the day when the aardvarks of Heaven - lovely they must be! - will be her house pets. So many positive things we have to look forward to!

We love You, LORD!

BrotherLarry
Revelation 22:12

Yeager 08-09-2018 05:10 PM

Quote:

Father Mo

I would like to clearly point out that it SHOULD be: Thou shall not murder.
God COMMANDS you to kill. He does not command you to murder.
Examples: We all know the witches & wizards are commanded to be killed.
Exodus 22:18:Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

Also, false prophets, if caught teaching in GOD's name, is to be put to death:
Deuteronomy 18:14-22:
14 The nations you will dispossess listen to those who practice sorcery or divination. But as for you, the Lord your God has not permitted you to do so. 15 The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him.

16 For this is what you asked of the Lord your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly when you said, “Let us not hear the voice of the Lord our God nor see this great fire anymore, or we will die.”
17 The Lord said to me: “What they say is good.

18 I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him.

19 I myself will call to account anyone who does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name.

20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, is to be put to death.”
21 You may say to yourselves, “How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the Lord?”

22 If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously, so do not be alarmed.

Also, half of the whole reason Saul was removed from king over Israel was because he did NOT kill all the animals & people.
1 Samuel 15:

Samuel also said unto Saul, The Lord sent me to anoint thee to be king over his people, over Israel: now therefore hearken thou unto the voice of the words of the Lord.
2 Thus saith the Lord of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt.
3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

There are plenty more instances that God CLEARLY states to kill. The correct translation of the sixth commandment is:Thou shalt not murder.
Murder is the act of spilling INNOCENT blood. Just wanted to make that very clear to not cause confusion.

MitzaLizalor 08-10-2018 12:15 PM

Quote:

Father Mo

The joy we know in Christ is real. I gather from your earlier posts that tradition is important to you. Perhaps I could refresh your memory?

Quote:

Quote:

http://www.23hq.com/23666/30400944_0...d566_thumb.jpg May 2014
We Catholics have a long and storied tradition
Quote:

http://www.23hq.com/23666/30400944_0...d566_thumb.jpg November 2008
knowing that beloved Pope Benedict..is so heartily continuing the Catholic tradition

:pope1:

Part of that tradition is the treatment of heretics. Whether or not ideas ascribed to Lucretiushttp://www.23hq.com/23666/25790756_e...04be_thumb.jpg or Epicurushttp://www.23hq.com/23666/25790635_5...fb55_thumb.jpg or Democritushttp://www.23hq.com/23666/25790636_7...9539_thumb.jpg have any merit is irrelevant. What should happen to people who prefer the spirit of enquiry they encouraged over the teachings of Christ? What about people who claim that Jesus didn't know what He was talking about because on every point which can be verified He appears to have been wrong? Or at best, supremely ignorant? Remember that urgers like Damasus I and Justinian the Great were operating and that for many centuries heresy was against the law of the land due to your dogma rammed down people's throats whether or not rebadged as tradition. Death was the most pleasant outcome, torture was also available, incineration, racking, impalement. These are all a part of the tradition you celebrate and yet they all lead to death. Eventually. That seems to me to be a contradiction?

1. https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/lucretius/#Phy
2. https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/epicurus/#PhysTheo
3. https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/democritus/#2

Ezekiel Bathfire 08-12-2018 06:09 PM

OT
Genesis 9:6
Exodus 21:12
Exodus 22:19
Exodus 21:14-17
Le:20:2
Deuteronomy 19:11-12
Deuteronomy 27:24
Numbers 35:16-17
Numbers 35:30-32

NT
Acts 25:9-11
Romans 13:1-4
1 Peter 2:13

If there had been no death penalty, Jesus would have received a fine. A fine is hardly good enough to redeem the sins of all mankind, is it?

It is very hard for anyone not to support the death penalty. It is impossible for a Christian. The whole Faith revolves around Death. The maximum benefit of the whole deal is realized on death, and that is how it should be - we want to be assured that there is life after death and that if you have accepted Jesus, that life is going to be good.

We know that Catholics are not Christians, so this high papal content news item comes as little surprise

WilliamJenningsBryan 08-13-2018 02:49 AM

The coming of Jesus was prophesized in the Bible (KJV1611), and Jesus indeed changed a few things - notably temporarily dying for our sins and permitting us to eat pork and bacon.

The "new" pope has been attempting to change things in the Bible (KJV1611) as well. Aside from the minor stuff like changing the wafer distribution policies that only the cathylicks care about, Francis has been messing with some serious stuff like accepting homers, sodomy, and the death penalty.

Now I'm wondering if we might be missing something here. Is there any indication that Francis was born of a virgin birth? Did his parents travel to some small town in Argentina where all the hotel rooms were booked and Francis was born in a manger? Was there a bright star at the time (1936) that guided three wise men to bring gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh to the baby Francis? Has the "new" pope performed any miracles that anyone is aware of?

Mary Etheldreda 08-15-2018 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 1235958)
With a namby pamby Pope, murderers get a free pass.

And serial child rapist priests and the bishops that protect and support them. What a coincidence.

:glare:

Paul Tarzan 11-12-2018 05:24 PM

Apparently you Churchians don't have Matthew 5:38-42 in your Bibles...

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 11-12-2018 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Tarzan (Post 1241166)
Apparently you Churchians don't have Matthew 5:38-32 in your Bibles...

38-32? Are you reading the Bible backwards, dear? That would account for your apparent confusion.

Paul Tarzan 11-12-2018 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Tarzan (Post 1241166)
Apparently you Churchians don't have Matthew 5:38-32 in your Bibles...

I meant 38-42...don't know why it won't let me edit my posts on here.

Johny Joe Hold 11-12-2018 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Tarzan (Post 1241168)
I meant 38-42...don't know why it won't let me edit my posts on here.

I corrected your original post. But now we need to correct your reading of the Bible.

In that bit of scripture and what follows Jesus is telling us an eye for an eye is a sound Christian principle when carrying out in His name. That is the very scripture the Pope does not understand.

If the opportunity presents itself, I hope you will study scriptures with one of our scholarly pastors here at Landover Baptist Church.

refridgerator 11-15-2018 03:16 AM

Quote:

Father Mo

Well said father. Altough I have already liberated myself from the superstition you profess, I feel deep respect for this Pope. As you clearly have put, Pope Francis loves even the scum of the earth.

I little hope in between the haters and fanatics.

Ezekiel Bathfire 11-15-2018 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by refridgerator (Post 1241323)
Pope Francis loves even the scum of the earth.

The poor are poor because they are stupid.The poor are stupid because they do not grasp God's Message
No pope preaches God's Message
Therefore popes create poverty.

The purpose of popes is to mislead the stupid - those who are easy to fool - and thus stoke the fires of Hell.

This all makes sense when you realize that all popes are servants of the Anti-Christ.