The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Pastor Zeke's News Wire (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Reserve your grave plot in the 1 billion dollar monument to Jesus. (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=92393)

Levi Jones 08-25-2013 06:19 AM

Reserve your grave plot in the 1 billion dollar monument to Jesus.

The Great Cross Alliance is going to be a mausoleum that will be larger than the three great pyramids combined.

We need you to dig deep, folks to secure a spot of honor for your beloved Pastors.

We will be trying to raise 20 million for Zeke's modest burial monument. Plus, we will be supporting America's lifeblood Capitalism.

Quote:

Laurie and Mike Nowland are on a mission to build a giant cross monument that will be bigger in volume than the three Great Pyramids, after being inspired by a dream. It will also serve as "a massive columbarium and mausoleum that will be a physical memorial to Jesus Christ," holding the remains of 1 million believers.
"The goal was to build a landmark that would serve to once again unite the body of Christ," they explained in an informational video, which compares the proposed monument to the iconic Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. "The Christian world hasn't built great monuments for a while, and it's time to build another one," said Mike Nowland.
Standing 183 feet tall and half a mile long, the 1 billion dollar Great Cross will dominate the landscape of the Nevada desert near Reno and is designed to last for ten thousand years. It will be clearly visible from space, as its size will be the equivalent of ten U.S. football fields long.
The immense project has an innovative building and funding plan, in which construction will slowly proceed level-by-level from the ground up, continually paid for by membership sales. Mike Nowland explained, "The Great Cross will be built as people become members, and this is why we are certain that it's going to be successful financially." Construction is planned to begin in 2014 if the Nowlands sell 400 spaces, which range in price from $4,000 to $30,000, by April 1, 2014.
The Great Cross Alliance is a for-profit enterprise, because, as Mike Nowland told Northern Nevada Business Weekly, "people don't take nonprofits seriously." The website estimates that the initial costs will be less than 2 million dollars to get the project off the ground, due to the low cost of the desert land among other factors.
I would just like you all to know this is in no way funded directly by Landover Baptist as a part of the Habakkuk foundation. This is not a lair for us to plan world domination before any rumors start to fly.

Pastor William Nathaniel Sampson 08-26-2013 01:53 AM

Re: Reserve your grave plot in the 1 billion dollar monument to Jesus.

I hope they don't allow sodomites or bean lickers to be interred there. Can you imagine how offensive to God that would be?

It would be like the Tower of Babel.

Mary Etheldreda 08-26-2013 05:48 PM

I'm happy to report, Mr. Etheldreda has reserved a plot for me in the $Billion Monument to JESUS!

:)

Alphonse Alban 08-26-2013 06:39 PM

Basically this sounds good, but I am bit woried about the prize. One billion dollars just sounds bit low and tacky for the greates monument for our LORD. How does it look for Jesus if there are bunch of messican contractors just loitering aimlessly around the building site for few years. Even worse, think about if some sand-nigras will use their ill-acquired oil money and build 2 billion dollar monument for some moon god after we have finished this one.

No, in my opinion we should aim at least to 10 billion dollar monument. Everyone can make beautiful and sensible monuments and buildings but nothings says more "We are the chosen people" than extravagant prize tag that others can't match. We can't sell Jesus this cheap.

James Hutchins 08-27-2013 06:56 PM

I have had Hutchins LLC make a tax deductible donation on behalf of all Landover Pastors. I have set up a trust to create a $100,000 endowment to be funded after ten years. This is done assuming my wife out lives me.

I have also secured a spot for myself. I already had a plot for Mrs. Hutchins down by the swamp so there is no point is spending money for another when she has a perfectly good place waiting.

Nobar King 08-27-2013 07:22 PM

I was able to pledge 20$
Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 1024155)

Don't bet on it!!!

Bobby-Joe 08-27-2013 09:07 PM

Is it true the Great Cross will feature continuous audio readings of the works of David Brooks and other great REAL American authors?