The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   False Religions and Cults (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   When did Mohammedans become Moslems? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=109864)

Leroy Llewelyn 08-31-2016 02:14 AM

When did Mohammedans become Moslems?

I was just thinking. Christians call ourselves Christians, after Jesus' last name. Buddhists call themselves Buddhists after their god's name; so do S-t-nists.

But Moslems apparently have something to hide. For centuries they were known as Mohammedans (or Mahometans), but some time in the last half century or so, they wanted to be called Moslems, and now Muslims. I read somewhere that they tend to change their names a lot, so maybe that's part of it. Makes it that much more difficult to track down their families when they fly planes into skyscrapers, I guess.

Take for instance the words of the Treaty of Tripoli, between the Great United States of America and the Ottoman Empire:

"Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen (Muslims); and as the said States never entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mahometan (Mohammedan) nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Tripoli"

I'd say that's about as clear as it can get.

But I guess if the prophet of my religion was a pedo I'd want to try to distance myself from that fact as well.

Yours in Christ,
LL

Elmer G. White 08-31-2016 09:46 AM

Re: When did Mohammedans become Moslems?

Mr. Llewelyn,

What an interesting question!
I surmise that a systematic approach (according to the best methodologies of Creation Science) are needed to unravel with enigmatic issue. I think that we must start by defining a time frame. The Treaty of Tripoli was in 1797 so that gives us one point of time. Can we obtain any other data?

We can. Unfortunately, we have to turn to the false Christian false Papists, i.e., Lutherans. They wrote their spin-off document Confessio Augustana in 1530. Let us see how the Islamists are referred to over there!
Quote:

They [the Lootheran heretic Churches] condemn all heresies which have sprung up against this article, as the Manichaeans, who assumed two principles, one Good and the other Evil: also the Valentinians, Arians, Eunomians, Mohammedans, and all such.
In the Germanic dialects:
Quote:

Deshalb werden verworfen alle Ketzereien, die diesem Artikel zuwider sind, wie die Manichäer, die zwei Götter gesetzt haben, einen bösen und einen guten, ebenso die Valentinianer, Arianer, Eunomianer, Mahometisten und alle dergleichen
...and in the Papist vernacular_
Quote:

Damnant omnes haereses, contra hunc articulum exortas, ut Manichaeos, qui duo principia ponebant, bonum et malum, item Valentinianos, Arianos, Eunomianos, Mahometistas et omnes horum similes.
In all these languages there is only the "Mohammedan" version. Interestingly, the Lutherans have very strong ties with the Islamists as they do not think that "Islam" would be another false religion but just a Christian® Heresy! :fear2: Probably this is still the reason why they decided to break away from the majority Papists who identified (and still do) 100% with the Islamists. Another quite amusing issue is the Title of this Papist spin-off document:
Quote:

The Confession of Faith which was submitted to His Imperial Majesty Charles V at the Diet of Augsburg in the year 1530 by certain princes and cities
:huh: What is the point of having a regal session of dieting? Apparently weight loss was necessary that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, saying,

Psalms 37:19
They shall not be ashamed in the evil time: and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.

These Mohammedans and their allies, Papist Lutheran have thus no shame.

But I diverged. Now we have a time frame. The change from Mohammedans into Muslims did not take place in 1530 nor in 1797. By this method of exclusion we'll eventually get a definite answer!

:thumbsup:

Yours in Christ,

Elmer :bye:

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 08-31-2016 10:45 AM

This is most interesting, Brother Professor Dr White, Sir:
Quote:

Damnant omnes haereses, contra hunc articulum exortas, ut Manichaeos, qui duo principia ponebant, bonum et malum, item Valentinianos, Arianos, Eunomianos, Mahometistas et omnes horum similes.
Why does the word Mahometistas take the feminine ending, I wonder? Is it because, at the time of the treaty, they were mostly eunuchs?

(I am sorry that this does not bring us any closer to answering Mr Llewelyn's question.)

handmaiden 08-31-2016 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joanna Lytton-Vasey (Post 1187474)
This is most interesting, Brother Professor Dr White, Sir:
Why does the word Mahometistas take the feminine ending, I wonder? Is it because, at the time of the treaty, they were mostly eunuchs?

(I am sorry that this does not bring us any closer to answering Mr Llewelyn's question.)

Oh, but asking the right questions is the first step to finding the truth. Except for questioning Jesus, of course. One never questions Jesus . . . . Unless one is asking "how high" in response to a command to jump.

Years ago, I was watching ungodly television and there was an episode of the show "Law and Order". I forget which version it was -- it might have been "Law and Order: Forensic Elevator Repair" for all that I remember. What I do remember is that a psycho-guru character made some claim to divine authority in court and the judge asked, " Are you comparing yourself to Our Lord?"

Frankly, it impressed me that a supposedly secular judge knew enough to give Jesus Christ his proper place in the world. Then, I felt sad because the judge was probably one of those deluded types who think that they are some sort of Christian, but doesn't really understand True Faith at all. Then, I remembered that she was not real ( A woman judge, come on!) and I didn't have to worry about correcting her so she would know what to expect from hell.

Re-assuredly Yours,

Handmaiden

P.S. Muslims should be called "torches" 'cause those head towels will go up like big matches when they get you-know-where.