The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The introduction forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Hello (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=97419)

Calvinist 03-01-2014 10:44 PM

Hello

Hello,

If my screen name hasn't conveyed what I believe, I am Calvinist, Reformed and belong to the OPC church in California. My Favorite verse? From cover to cover, but what comes to mind is Ephesians 2:8 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

No, maybe Romans 8:29? No, Well, I can do this all day. The Word of God has me undone when it comes to finding any one Scripture to favor over another.

Mother Of Seven 03-01-2014 10:50 PM

Re: Hello

Welcome Calvinist, How did you find God?
Are you married and how many sons do you have?

Witch Hammer 03-01-2014 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calvinist (Post 1070189)
Hello,

If my screen name hasn't conveyed what I believe, I am Calvinist, Reformed and belong to the OPC church in California. My Favorite verse? From cover to cover, but what comes to mind is Ephesians 2:8 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

No, maybe Romans 8:29? No, Well, I can do this all day. The Word of God has me undone when it comes to finding any one Scripture to favor over another.

Are you here to spit in Baby Jesus' face, or are you here to forsake your cult and join the ranks of real Christians?

Calvinist 03-01-2014 11:01 PM

Hello Mother of Seven. I did not come to seek God, as I find that to be in direct conflict with Romans 3.

There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

If I were to reflect back, I would find my testimony in further conflict with Proverbs 3:5.

So, the original verse that I gave, pretty much sums up my testimony. And that is Ephesians 2:8. The details are boring, but there is nothing of my own that I can credit of my own doing- soli deo gloria

And regarding marriage, I am, and there are three sons in the family. And two girls.

WithGodWeStand 03-01-2014 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calvinist (Post 1070195)
Hello Mother of Seven. I did not come to seek God, as I find that to be in direct conflict with Romans 3.

There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

If I were to reflect back, I would find my testimony in further conflict with Proverbs 3:5.

So, the original verse that I gave, pretty much sums up my testimony. And that is Ephesians 2:8. The details are boring, but there is nothing of my own that I can credit of my own doing- soli deo gloria

And regarding marriage, I am, and there are three sons in the family. And two girls.

Welcome Congratz on the 3 sons!

Calvinist 03-01-2014 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WithGodWeStand (Post 1070197)
Welcome Congratz on the 3 sons!

Thank you WithGodWeStand. And let me comment on such a great screen name.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Witch Hammer (Post 1070194)
Are you here to spit in Baby Jesus' face, or are you here to forsake your cult and join the ranks of real Christians?

Is that what you think of us? Those that adhere to the Doctrines of Grace as those that would defile the Son of God in any stage of development?

Witch Hammer 03-01-2014 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calvinist (Post 1070201)
Is that what you think of us? Those that adhere to the Doctrines of Grace as those that would defile the Son of God in any stage of development?

Did I stutter, demon?

WithGodWeStand 03-01-2014 11:20 PM

Thank you. I thought long and hard before I made the screen name. I hope you find all the answers you desire on this forum.

Calvinist 03-01-2014 11:21 PM

Maybe, you could elaborate on your presuppositions?

If you are asking whether I am a demon, the answer is no. And I do not believe that a true Christian can be demon possessed. And no, I wouldn't defile the Son of God, and/nor would I conjure up mental images to convey such points towards another, so while I believe that Christians cannot be demon possessed, I do believe that there is demonic influence.

By the way, I read Billy-Reuben's post before introducing myself. He stated that, "the purpose of this site is to praise and glorify the Lord, Jesus Christ. It is a place for Christians to fellowship and worship." If I am not welcome, which your questions or accusations have directed me to conclude, then let me know and I will move on. John 12:43, expresses my view, to answer your question.

Witch Hammer 03-01-2014 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calvinist (Post 1070205)
Maybe, you could elaborate on your presuppositions?

If you are asking whether I am a demon, the answer is no. And I do not believe that a true Christian can be demon possessed. And no, I wouldn't defile the Son of God, and/nor would I conjure up mental images to convey such points towards another, so while I believe that Christians cannot be demon possessed, I do believe that there is demonic influence.

By the way, I read Billy-Reuben's post before introducing myself. He stated that, "the purpose of this site is to praise and glorify the Lord, Jesus Christ. It is a place for Christians to fellowship and worship." If I am not welcome, which your questions or accusations have directed me to conclude, then let me know and I will move on. John 12:43, expresses my view, to answer your question.

By all means, stay awhile. Maybe you'll learn somethingof God's True™ nature. I would hate to drive you off before you've had a shot at Salvation®.

Calvinist 03-02-2014 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Witch Hammer (Post 1070206)
By all means, stay awhile. Maybe you'll learn somethingof God's True™ nature. I would hate to drive you off before you've had a shot at Salvation®.

Thank you, and no harm done. If I may ask some questions, is this site (LandoverBaptist) Reformed? Are there any Creeds and Confessions?

Pastor Ezekiel 03-02-2014 12:37 AM

Welcome to God's favorite forum, Calvin. I hope while you're here, Jesus will dump a big bucket of His blood all over you, and rid you of your blasphemous position on Theology.

If you'd like to find out more about Landover Baptist Church, please read THIS thread created especially for new posters.

If you have a question, use the "search" function before posting it. Most likely it is being discussed somewhere on this Godly forum. Please don't waste God's precious bandwidth.

You will keep a respectful tongue in your head whenever addressing your betters, which includes all True Christians™. Failure to do so, or any attempt at inciting debate or mockery of God's Divine Plan, can and will result in the suspension of your posting privileges.

Your rights on this forum are listed HERE. If you feel that any of these rights have been violated, please don't hesitate to contact a Pastor at once.

Calvinist 03-02-2014 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 1070218)
Welcome to God's favorite forum, Calvin. I hope while you're here, Jesus will dump a big bucket of His blood all over you, and rid you of your blasphemous position on Theology.

Well, I read that this is not a debate forum - ad hominem

Thank you, but I will be moving on.

Pastor Ezekiel 03-02-2014 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calvinist (Post 1070219)
Well, I read that this is not a debate forum - ad hominem

Thank you, but I will be moving on.

That's right, run back to your master satan and tell him how you failed to infest God's favorite Church with blasphemy. Go tell him NOW! :threaten:

Faith_Machine 03-02-2014 12:31 PM

Why are Calvinists always so full of hatred? It makes me so sad.

Attila's Wife 03-02-2014 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faith_Machine (Post 1070308)
Why are Calvinists always so full of hatred? It makes me so sad.

It's the bitterness that gets to me. I suppose it comes of having to read the mad ravings of John Knox? I pity them, really. :(

Calvinist 03-25-2014 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Attila's Wife (Post 1070319)
It's the bitterness that gets to me. I suppose it comes of having to read the mad ravings of John Knox? I pity them, really. :(

No bitterness here, but I can see why some may not take to newcomers after reading many of the replies coming forth from newbies.

To answer your question though, for the sake of striking up a conversation... I suppose that Calvinism appeals to an intellectual group of people, and that type of person doesn't tend to be the most warm and fuzzy. Therefore the greater danger of being hostile, gruff, abrupt, insensitive or intellectualistic is present.

Another thought, sometimes new Calvinist are quite angry. For reasons I can only guess, but I suppose it may be because they initially missed the doctrines of Grace in the Bible, and are angry that they were misled for so long.

There are many churches that ignore the truth and don't teach it. And for other reasons I am certain people here can relate when attempting to share the Gospel and are only met with hostility, partly owing to people's unwillingness to see what is really in the Bible. It is all to easy to mirror the other side and lose composure. One of the truths about Calvinist, - is that sometimes they come across as being rather elitist. But it's not about elitism, it's about having been found by Christ and having the glory of God opened in the process of salvation. It is about wanting to give God all the glory and all the credit, and cherishing the sovereignty and preciousness of grace in our lives. I am pretty sure people here share in these sentiments.

Glory to God alone!

Chewer 03-25-2014 09:56 PM

Dear, Calvinist Meatball.

Why do you hate Jesus?

YiC, Chewer

Atheistsareawesome 03-25-2014 10:12 PM

I feel we have another ignorant soul yet again trolling to support another one of these completely irrational ideas? Calvinism? Are you kidding me? Christianity is the only REAL religion. You should feel ashamed. In case you were wondering, my name is atheistsareawesome, simply because I find them eneteetaining, like fresh victims, right for the picking. You my friend, are an atheist, because you are not Christian. You all make us sick.

Calvinist 03-25-2014 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewer (Post 1076417)
Dear, Calvinist Meatball.

Why do you hate Jesus?

YiC, Chewer

Is this where I am supposed to say something witty in order to court everyone's approval?

Dare I profess anything other than the Love for Christ my Lord? If am to be a vessel of wrath I will then praise Him... If I am an object of His Love then I will praise Him.

Either way,
Glory to God alone!