The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   General Church Fellowship (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is it a sin to have a tattoo? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=34080)

Luci Mourningstar 01-09-2010 10:28 PM

Is it a sin to have a tattoo?

Will this make Jesus happy?

http://i38.tinypic.com/2uf3oer.jpg

I am thinking of getting it, if it is not a sin.

:wub:

James Hutchins 01-09-2010 10:31 PM

Re: Is it a sin to have a tattoo?

Luci, yes, that would be a problem. God does not approve of his beautiful 'canvas' be marked or altered.

CanuckG 01-09-2010 10:32 PM

Not sure, but it's not very attractive. Also, causes damage to your skin in the long-term. Either way it's your choice!

Luci Mourningstar 01-09-2010 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 442678)
Luci, yes, that would be a problem. God does not approve of his beautiful 'canvas' be marked or altered.

Oh my :(

Maybe I should just get a T shirt then

Luci Mourningstar 01-09-2010 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanuckG (Post 442679)
Not sure, but it's not very attractive. Also, causes damage to your skin in the long-term. Either way it's your choice!

Thank you, brother CanuckG, for the good advice.

James Hutchins 01-09-2010 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luci Morningstar (Post 442688)
Oh my :(

Maybe I should just get a T shirt then

Wise move, Luci. Be sure it is long sleeved too.:thumbsup:

GOD=life 01-09-2010 10:55 PM

Tattoos are not allowed.

Deuteronomy 19:28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

Wide-Open 01-09-2010 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOD=life (Post 442710)
Tattoos are not allowed.

Deuteronomy 19:28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

Amen Brother. Each and every question can be answered with the KJV in front of you. :thumbsup:

Luci, we will forgive you your question - you are an addle brained female after all - as we know you mean well. For now. :glare:

You may also want to have a look at this thread, where Brother Nobar makes it all perfectly clear.

Luci Mourningstar 01-09-2010 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 442697)
Wise move, Luci. Be sure it is long sleeved too.:thumbsup:

I found this beautiful pink, long sleeved TShirt with the Lord's Prayer in Chinese.

I think it is acceptable, I am sure God can read Chinese?

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i5...g?t=1263078272

Luci Mourningstar 01-09-2010 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wide-Open (Post 442717)
Amen Brother. Each and every question can be answered with the KJV in front of you. :thumbsup:

Luci, we will forgive you your question - you are an addle brained female after all - as we know you mean well. For now. :glare:

You may also want to have a look at this thread, where Brother Nobar makes it all perfectly clear.

Thank you, Wide Open :wub:

I will go and pray for forgiveness now. :angel:

And then I will come back, cleansed and forgiven, and read the thread you recommended.

:cloud9:

James Hutchins 01-09-2010 11:20 PM

Ah, Luci, chink is the devils language. Time to shop/search for one in Godly American.

GOD=life 01-09-2010 11:31 PM

You know the saying "if it's too good to be true, it probably is" that you can use as a rule of thumb to not get scammed?

Here's another rule of thumb: "if it seems enjoyable, God probably doesn't like it". You can always check the KJV or this forum of course to make sure an act is not sinful. But keep in mind: considering a sinful act may also be sinful, even if you end up not committing the act. There is no risk for NOT doing something that is enjoyable and potentially sinful.

Remember that this earthly life is just a test. It was not designed for our enjoyment or comfort. Rather the opposite. The more you make this life bearable or enjoyable, the more you are saying "nah, I don't want to go to Heaven".

It's kind of like people calling themselves Christian without being truly Christian. I always say to them: "folks, if you don't go for that A+, you will NOT get into Heaven". They really might as well become prostitutes and take drugs, because there is no such thing as 50% Christian or 90% Christian in Heaven. You take the whole meal, but just dessert.

Luci Mourningstar 01-09-2010 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 442734)
Ah, Luci, chink is the devils language. Time to shop/search for one in Godly American.

God hates the Chinese? :o

Thank you Jesus, for teaching me a new lesson every day.

Brother GOD=life, I will go without food tonight, and I will not heat the house because I really want to go to Heaven. I will also shower with cold water only.

:loveshower:

James Hutchins 01-09-2010 11:49 PM

You have to watch that chink stuff. Most of it is toxic and the scrawl on it usually is slanderous to America!

GOD=life 01-09-2010 11:58 PM

The Bible was written in English for a reason...

Sister Luci: you have a commendable mindset. It is a reminder once again that clarity of mind and rejection of artificial comfort go hand in hand.

mitchellpaul 01-10-2010 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 442782)
You have to watch that chink stuff. Most of it is toxic and the scrawl on it usually is slanderous to America!

question, how do you know god hates the Chinese? Does it say anywhere in the bible, "stay away from the Chinese, they're evil!" , or anything along those lines?

Rev Jeffrey Lebowski 01-10-2010 12:18 AM

Ms Luci:
Many tats' are printed marks, and sadly that includes cursive scripture.

We, Sister Verna and I , are currently pondering the correct method (burning, dying, scraping the flesh, etc etc) to remove a well intentioned tat' from a young girls backside.

It seems that ~Tanya Birkemper was inspired by my fervent preaching one summers' night; and then proceeded to visit the local mullet-head meth lab.
The result was a tribute to my Reverencing, and a lesson on how inspired a tweeker can get on the Holy Spirit©.

Anyways, we have the teenager heavily sedated ... and as soon as we figure out a way to permanently get rid of the stain we will begin our tatsorcism.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i.../LBC/tramp.jpg

Rev Jeffrey Lebowski
Sister Verna Too {she doesn't' want to leave me alone with the girl... says I stare too much, and I read out loud....}

GOD=life 01-10-2010 12:39 AM

I would like to say one more thing to Luci about her decision not to eat food:

Luke 6:21 Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.

You will laugh, Sister, and you will be filled. :thumbsup:

I Wish You Well 01-10-2010 02:41 AM

Your body is God's temple and canvas, it should not be tainted with such things. If God meant for us to have writing on our bodies, we would have been created that way. I'm glad you chose not to put anything like that on yourself.

Vision Of Love 01-10-2010 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Wish You Well (Post 443153)
Your body is God's temple and canvas, it should not be tainted with such things. If God meant for us to have writing on our bodies, we would have been created that way. I'm glad you chose not to put anything like that on yourself.

You are so right

I may not agree with everything but tattoos crosses the line. If God wanted you to be this way then he would have put that filthy mess on you when her created you but then it wouldn't be filthy it would be called art.