The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Creation Science (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   A guide to the evolutionist conspiracy (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=4474)

MitzaLizalor 09-28-2014 05:53 AM

Re: A guide to the evolutionist conspiracy

II Peter 1
For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.
19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

KJV .. look up

What did those HOLY men communicate to us? Their words are the words of Jesus too. For a short time The Holy Ghost lived and moved and had His being in the Body of Jesus. Now that Jesus has ascended into Heaven as testified by many witnesses, we too may know that inspiration. It is the same inspiration but operating in a different stratum of history. And the message is the same.

Without faith one is nothing, less than nothing since "nothing" can't be tortured for eternity in lakes of fire. Jesus continues:

PROVERBS 5
For the lips of a strange woman drop as an honeycomb, and her mouth is smoother than oil:
4 But her end is bitter as wormwood, sharp as a twoedged sword.
5 Her feet go down to death; her steps take hold on hell.
6 Lest thou shouldest ponder the path of life, her ways are moveable, that thou canst not know them.
7 Hear me now therefore, O ye children, and depart not from the words of my mouth.
8 Remove thy way far from her, and come not nigh the door of her house:
9 Lest thou give thine honour unto others, and thy years unto the cruel:
10 Lest strangers be filled with thy wealth; and thy labours be in the house of a stranger;
11 And thou mourn at the last, when thy flesh and thy body are consumed,
KJV .. look up

Such a one presented herself before Christ. Did he get overcome by the fumes and lapse into debauchery? No. He remembered His advice and implemented it:

PROVERBS 7
7b
I discerned among the youths, a young man void of understanding,
8 Passing through the street near her corner; and he went the way to her house,
9 In the twilight, in the evening, in the black and dark night:
10 And, behold, there met him a woman with the attire of an harlot, and subtil of heart.
11 (She is loud and stubborn; her feet abide not in her house:
12 Now is she without, now in the streets, and lieth in wait at every corner.)
13 So she caught him, and kissed him, and with an impudent face said unto him,
14 I have peace offerings with me; this day have I payed my vows.
15 Therefore came I forth to meet thee, diligently to seek thy face, and I have found thee.
16 I have decked my bed with coverings of tapestry, with carved works, with fine linen of Egypt.
17 I have perfumed my bed with myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon.
18 Come, let us take our fill of love until the morning: let us solace ourselves with loves.
19 For the goodman is not at home, he is gone a long journey:
20 He hath taken a bag of money with him, and will come home at the day appointed.
21 With her much fair speech she caused him to yield, with the flattering of her lips she forced him.
22 He goeth after her straightway, as an ox goeth to the slaughter, or as a fool to the correction of the stocks;
23 Till a dart strike through his liver; as a bird hasteth to the snare, and knoweth not that it is for his life.
KJV .. look up . context

Now in a place like Australia where harlots were ordered by the boatload in some sort of effort to stave off sodomy the liklihood of meeting gutter-free companions is remote for either sex. Canaanite sensibilities would be similarly envenomed. The Israelite perspective was a default position of full trollop but Jesus was no ordinary Israelite. He looked for evidence of FAITH.

And He found it.

MATTHEW 15
But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.
27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table..

Jesus was gratified. Her recognition of His earlier accuracy where heathen lusts flower unrestrained and of the opportunity for Salvation once admitted into the reducing crucible of His Perfect Love:

28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.
KJV .. look up . context .
what happened next?

That faith is not only our hope. It is our promise :heart:

AtheistAsshat 09-28-2014 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steph Leia (Post 1112270)
I think you're finally understanding now! The whole point of that video was that you would need a mechanic. And do you know who the mechanic is? God!
I'm glad that you're finally understanding His ways!
Praise!

Hmm... lolnope. That mechanic is the process of evolution, silly.

And no, evolution isn't a sentient and unproven fallacy like your god, it's simply a process; like burning in hell, which A) I don't believe in and B) something you people here really like pushing into my brain for some reason.

AtheistAsshat 09-28-2014 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor (Post 1112267)
We know what a metaphor is. It would be helpful for us to learn, on the other hand, whether you regard the universe-as-a-whole (or however your fancy decribes it) to be a closed or an open system?

It would be easy to reply to if we knew if the universe was infinite if finite; we don't know yet. Even the Bible doesn't tell us the answer to that. That's why we spend a few hundred million dollars (which isn't even a lot) a year trying to discover the answer. Wait 1-2 decades and we'll know the answer; because that's what we call progress. Something religion hasn't heard about for two thousand years.

Zechariah Smyth 09-28-2014 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheistAsshat (Post 1112312)
It would be easy to reply to if we knew if the universe was infinite if finite; we don't know yet. Even the Bible doesn't tell us the answer to that. That's why we spend a few hundred million dollars (which isn't even a lot) a year trying to discover the answer. Wait 1-2 decades and we'll know the answer; because that's what we call progress. Something religion hasn't heard about for two thousand years.

Yeah, the government is also spending a lot of money on duck penis research.

:thumbdown:

I equate space exploration with duck penis research...they both have precisely the same impact on your Eternal Salvation: NONE.

YiC,

Zech

MitzaLizalor 09-28-2014 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheistAsshat (Post 1112312)
It would be easy to reply to if we knew if the universe was infinite if finite; we don't know yet.

I'll take that as a closed system then.

Quote:

Aaand no, the fact that things, over time, attempt to reach uniformity, leading to that order can never arise from chaos, has nothing to do with disproving evolution. This only applies to closed systems; the earth is not one. It's bombarded with solar radiation and asteroids daily!

Whoooooooooooops .. .. . . unfortunately for your position (which you do not understand) the ultimate—or any other—stable condition is a chaotic condition. Chaos cannot be degraded. That is why a) it is stable b) it is immune to external interference (otherwise it would not be chaotic).

For "the universe" to degenerate into chaos ergo the stable condition, it must be a closed system.

AtheistAsshat 10-29-2014 04:37 PM

So, evolution is now a lie and conspiracy? Tell that to the pope, who represents your little fan club.

*** removed pro-pedophilia link ***

Zechariah Smyth 10-29-2014 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheistAsshat (Post 1116848)
So, evolution is now a lie and conspiracy? Tell that to the pope, who represents your little fan club.

*** removed pro-pedophilia link ***

Papa Frankie isn't even a Christian!

:lol:

Every time a "mass" (a word that is not mentioned ONCE in the KJV Bible) is conducted, at least 4 Commandments are broken.

:thumbdown:

MitzaLizalor 10-31-2014 03:49 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheistAsshat (Post 1116848)
:seestars:

Pope Francis declares evolution and big bang theory are right.

In 1950, Pope Pius XII proclaimed that evolution was not at odds with Catholic teachings, and Pope John Paul II endorsed the view himself in 1996.

Attachment 23749
Shown dedicating an idol of his predecessor, Benedict XVI

ZombycZar 11-01-2014 10:17 PM

So let me understand this. You guys beleive that dispite all the work over the last idk couple of hundred years and the advancement of all of our technology, that everything exists because some magic dude in the sky made it. And anything we as humans find out, using our senses and said brains (given to us by your god lol) is ALL wrong.

What bothers me is that on one side of the argument we have people trying to understand the world around us, figure things out and learn and grow as a species. And on the other side we have people saying that because it is written in a book that has been rewritten idk how many times, we should just not even think for ourselves and just follow this religion. ... makes no sense

thats like a 5 year old arguing with an adult...

Alvin Moss 11-01-2014 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombycZar (Post 1117338)
So let me understand this. You guys beleive that dispite all the work over the last idk couple of hundred years and the advancement of all of our technology, that everything exists because some magic dude in the sky made it. And anything we as humans find out, using our senses and said brains (given to us by your god lol) is ALL wrong.

What bothers me is that on one side of the argument we have people trying to understand the world around us, figure things out and learn and grow as a species. And on the other side we have people saying that because it is written in a book that has been rewritten idk how many times, we should just not even think for ourselves and just follow this religion. ... makes no sense

thats like a 5 year old arguing with an adult...

Presumably, you are amusing yourself by having sport with us. Many unsaved wretches come here to try to explain things to us. This is nothing new.

Most of them have to go to Hell. That's nothing new either. You will likely join them. You will likely find it to be a totally new and different experience.

ZombycZar 11-01-2014 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alvin Moss (Post 1117340)
Presumably, you are amusing yourself by having sport with us. Many unsaved wretches come here to try to explain things to us. This is nothing new.

Most of them have to go to Hell. That's nothing new either. You will likely join them. You will likely find it to be a totally new and different experience.

I am not just here trying to talk you out of anything or for laughs, I would like to have an actual discussion about these things. Your response is typical for ppl who share your view, nothing to add and tell me im gonna burn in hell. There is never and reasoning or analysis from you guys. Its always "this is what the good book says" (which is still merely the interpretation of the reader). I am truly here to try to understand why you guys have these hugely skewed views. I am on neither side, simply view myself as an observer and I have to say that as far as watching the whole religious vs non religious argumwnts go, the non religious people are usually less radical, more open to other peoples opinions and points of view. While the religious people who claim to have morals and know the "true path" in life seem to come off as undereducated sheep.

Didymus Much 11-02-2014 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombycZar (Post 1117349)
...There is never and reasoning or analysis from you guys...

"Reasoning and analysis" is how you get from "Thou shalt not kill" to holy wars, and you're complaining?

Quote:

...Its always "this is what the good book says" (which is still merely the interpretation of the reader)...
Or, you could (wild idea here, just go with it for a sec) READ IT AS IT IS WRITTEN.

ZombycZar 11-02-2014 12:29 AM

Im not sure what you mean by your first response didymus.

No matter what its still the interpretation, we have no idea what the origional thoughts of the author were, as he is not present. Just like laws and other things hans create everybody has a different paradigm in which the words of the bible must filter thru. Besides all that, isnt it wnougj to take the bible as lessons for life and just leave it at that? As you mentioned, dont kill, dont steal, etc. Why do you have to build a whole beleif system around it? (When I say "you" I just mean Christians in general)

Btw more lives have been lost over religion and money and politics than anything else. Why cant we let other alone? If you beleive they will burn, so be it. If your not going to try to legit "help" them they mind your own beezwax, no? Idk, just my opinion but I think people can have different views and things and live peacfully. Lets share the planet! After all we are a pretty rare commodity in the universe.

Basilissa 11-02-2014 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombycZar (Post 1117371)
Im not sure what you mean by your first response didymus.

I feel really awkward trying to explain what one hell-bound atheist thinks to another hell-bound atheist, but here it goes: Mr. Didymus thinks that "reasoning and analysis" of the Holy Scripture has lead to religious wars between different Christian denominations.

Quote:

No matter what its still the interpretation, we have no idea what the origional thoughts of the author were, as he is not present.
I'm not sure what you mean. Even if you reject the fact that God has inspired the authors of the Holy Bible (2 Timothy 3:16), the Bible has been written in such plain, simple language, that there isn't really nothing to interpret - the agenda of the God-inspired authors is just laid right there.

Quote:

Just like laws and other things hans create everybody has a different paradigm in which the words of the bible must filter thru.
Oh, I see we've got ourselves a true postmodernist here. See, you would be right if the Bible was written in an obscure, convoluted way: but as I have said earlier, it isn't.

For example, when you see this magnificent verse:

Deuteronomy 20:16 But of the cities of these people, which the Lord thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth:

Do you really think that this verse can be interpreted as anything else than "go and kill everybody"?

Quote:

Besides all that, isnt it wnougj to take the bible as lessons for life and just leave it at that?
Well, that's exactly what we are doing, sweetie! We take all lessons of the Bible and apply them to our lives! :)

Quote:

As you mentioned, dont kill, dont steal, etc. Why do you have to build a whole beleif system around it?
We don't believe anything that isn't in the Bible.

Quote:

(When I say "you" I just mean Christians in general)
Then you are barking at the wrong tree. As I've said, we believe only in the Bible, we don't add stuff to it and we don't take away stuff from it (Revelation 22:18-19).

Quote:

Btw more lives have been lost over religion and money and politics than anything else.
Some people would say that religion is worth dying for. :)

Quote:

Why cant we let other alone? If you beleive they will burn, so be it. If your not going to try to legit "help" them they mind your own beezwax, no?
But we want to help everyone!

Quote:

Idk, just my opinion but I think people can have different views and things and live peacfully. Lets share the planet! After all we are a pretty rare commodity in the universe.
I'll agree with you there. We are, after all, God's unique creation. :innocent:

Pastor Ezekiel 11-02-2014 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombycZar (Post 1117349)
I am not just here trying to talk you out of anything or for laughs, I would like to have an actual discussion about these things. Your response is typical for ppl who share your view, nothing to add and tell me im gonna burn in hell. There is never and reasoning or analysis from you guys. Its always "this is what the good book says" (which is still merely the interpretation of the reader). I am truly here to try to understand why you guys have these hugely skewed views. I am on neither side, simply view myself as an observer and I have to say that as far as watching the whole religious vs non religious argumwnts go, the non religious people are usually less radical, more open to other peoples opinions and points of view. While the religious people who claim to have morals and know the "true path" in life seem to come off as undereducated sheep.

Please make a thread of your own in the "Introductions" section of the forum, so that we can properly greet you. Tell us about yourself, your church, and how you came to find Jesus.

And if you're here to flame us, better take a look at THIS before making an even bigger ass out of yourself. :rtfm:

I will pray that the Holy Spirit enter you and chase the demons out of your rectum and let Jesus fill you with His Grace. If you use your God-given free will to reject Christ and His temporary death on the cross for my sins, then you are sending yourself to hellfire. :sinner:

Incendus 02-19-2015 05:18 AM

Hey buddy, I read your amazing guide and I want to suggest an amazing thing you should try. Find your nearest 8 story building, and jump offf of it!

After all, gravity is just a theory.

piffle your [NAUGHTY WORD REMOVED BY MODERATOR], goodbye ;^;.

Mary Etheldreda 02-19-2015 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incendus (Post 1135101)
Hey buddy, I read your amazing guide and I want to suggest an amazing thing you should try. Find your nearest 8 story building, and jump offf of it!

After all, gravity is just a theory.

piffle your [NAUGHTY WORD REMOVED BY MODERATOR], goodbye ;^;.

I'm sorry you're leaving so soon. We might have become friends.

:)

\Atheist/ 02-19-2015 05:59 AM

How many times do you have to be dropped on your head the be this ***potty language removed by moderator*** dumb. If you want to be so close-minded that you would deny everything that science has invented for use then please as my compatriot said "Go jump off a 8 story building because gravity is just a theory"

Incendus 02-19-2015 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 1135104)
I'm sorry you're leaving so soon. We might have become friends.

:)

I actually do have a lot of time on my hands. Currently I have had an entire week of snow days with 4 days of snow day ahead. Enough time on my hands to type a very heated response to you.

We could never become friends, I mean seriously I would rather be burning in a stereotypical flaming wonderland than even casually associate with you. By your tags, you are Pro-Life, A Real American (no true Scotsman fallacy included), a true republican, most obedient (that is seriously piffleed up), heaven bound, a true christian lady, and a prayer warrior.

I, on the other hand am a devout Pastafarian, 14 years of age, male, and pansexual (a description you probably despise and didn't even know existed). I enjoying playing extremely occult and violent games (the binding of Isaac rebirth, team fortress 2 and crypt of the necromancer). I am strongly against Christianity (especially the more idiotic incarnations). I despise this site and I'll be happy when I am banned for being different. I am exactly what this forum despises and proud to be that way. And I will be proud to bash the ever loving crud out of every one of your arguements and beliefs.

And to you, I am probably a poor child possessed by Satan to wreak havoc on your ideas.

I am also very aware of how effed up this forum is

:trippy: but this is a nice twist, seriously
:butcher: blinky with an axe?
:bash: ah, there it is

Mary Etheldreda 02-19-2015 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incendus (Post 1135112)
We could never become friends

Well that's too bad. We might have learned from each other. You might have learned what it means to be Saved by Christ, to know true forgiveness and perfect charity. I might have learned why you're so angry and frustrated.