The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   PRAYER REQUESTS (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Pray for a safe trip. (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=51022)

Shela Tansper 09-29-2010 09:18 PM

Pray for a safe trip.

Please pray that my trip is a safe one, tomorrow afternoon i will be making my way to London for the first time. Checking into a hotel for a couple of days then catching my 24 hour flight to Sydney. I have purchased another laptop to replace the stolen one and will try and give updates on either that or my blackberry. Bless you all and keep you all safe and i will return in March.

A very nervous (first flight)

Shela

John Creeser 09-29-2010 09:37 PM

Re: Pray for a safe trip.

Don't be nervous Sister Shela (unless you see a mooselim) I will include you in my nightly prayers. Do you have your KJV1611 packed?

Shela Tansper 09-29-2010 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Creeser (Post 607694)
Don't be nervous Sister Shela (unless you see a mooselim) I will include you in my nightly prayers. Do you have your KJV1611 packed?

Oh yes it's in my carry on bag so that i may read it on the long flight, luckily business so i have somewhere to sleep as well. Thank you for the prayers

Phebe Carlyle 09-29-2010 09:52 PM

Sister Shela,

Gosh, your departure has certainly come around quick-sticks!

Our thoughts will be with you on your flight, but God will lead you there safely.

Perhaps as it is such a long flight, you could spend time telling MANY people on plane about God's love.:) I am sure if you do that, you will be an absolute HIT with fellow passengers and crew alike.:thumbsup:

YIC

Sister Phebe

Shela Tansper 09-29-2010 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Phebe Dewitt (Post 607701)
Sister Shela,

Gosh, your departure has certainly come around quick-sticks!

Our thoughts will be with you on your flight, but God will lead you there safely.

Perhaps as it is such a long flight, you could spend time telling MANY people on plane about God's love.:) I am sure if you do that, you will be an absolute HIT with fellow passengers and crew alike.:thumbsup:

YIC

Sister Phebe

Thank you Sister Phebe

Yes i am hoping that the flight crew will let me lead prayer over the speaker system and see if we can get the whole plane rejoicing with Jesus and seeing as it's a 24 hour flight there will be plenty of time for me to pass around the plane to help the passengers reflect on their lives and help them find their way through our Lord, i may have reserves about entering the economy seats at the rear of the plane.

John Creeser 09-29-2010 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Phebe Dewitt (Post 607701)
Sister Shela,

YIC

Sister Phebe

What a terrific idea Sister Dewitt:thumbsup: There is nothing I enjoy more than reading scripture to complete strangers to break the ice on extremely long flights. Just be careful reading revelations during bouts of severe turbulence/thunderstorms...people get a bit excited;)

Phebe Carlyle 09-29-2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shela Tansper (Post 607705)
Thank you Sister Phebe

Yes i am hoping that the flight crew will let me lead prayer over the speaker system and see if we can get the whole plane rejoicing with Jesus and seeing as it's a 24 hour flight there will be plenty of time for me to pass around the plane to help the passengers reflect on their lives and help them find their way through our Lord, i may have reserves about entering the economy seats at the rear of the plane.

As you are traveling Business Class, I am sure the crew would be willing to accomodate. I sort of wish I was going to be there to join in! Perhaps today while you have an opportunity, is print off some Chick Tracts and have the flight attendants pass them around the economy section so that you don't have to go back there. I understand your reservation at dealing with such people face to face.:glare:

YIC

Sister Phebe

Brother Barnabus 09-29-2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shela Tansper (Post 607685)
Please pray that my trip is a safe one, tomorrow afternoon i will be making my way to London for the first time. Checking into a hotel for a couple of days then catching my 24 hour flight to Sydney. I have purchased another laptop to replace the stolen one and will try and give updates on either that or my blackberry. Bless you all and keep you all safe and i will return in March.

Shela

Enjoy your flight and trip!! Just remember that should your plane disintegrate in mid-air or plunge into the ocean at 600 mph...you will get to be with Jesus before we do:) and what could be more comforting than that?

HTannor 09-29-2010 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shela Tansper (Post 607705)

.........there will be plenty of time for me to pass around the plane to help the passengers reflect on their lives and help them find their way through our Lord, i may have reserves about entering the economy seats at the rear of the plane.

Dearest Shela, since I feel I have a bit of a vested interest in your "safekeeping" on this flight, I'd like to warn you about going to the back of the plane.

Please bear in mind the foundations upon Australia was built. And here I'm talking about convicts, preverts, and, dare I say it, PETA-types who spend more time worrrying about the fate of Abos, roos, and Koalas than they do about Godly Things™ like beef jerky and chicken-fried steaks.

So, should you venture to the back of the aircraft, can you at least ask for a Sky Marshal to accompany you? But, of course, only if he is American. Those Ozzie marshals will want to tempt you with their Barbie-sized shrimp, and we all know those Paul Hogan types just don't "measure up", if you get my drift.

Keep us up to speed on your trip - if that commie inspired Qantas Airlines allows you to use modern technology like Blackberries and such, as opposed to their favored means of communication - and here I'm talking about notes attached to boomerangs.

Have a safe trip and please avoid drinking the water there as all the good stuff is owned by Fosters who, like Budweiser, runs it through some animals first. In Budweisers case, it's those fat, ugly horses. In Foster's case, it's dingos.

Perhaps you can get some water from Tazmania, where they purify it by using old panty-hose worn by virgins. But, before you drink it, make sure it passes the "sniff test." And here I'm talking about flowers, not seafood.

James Dewitt 09-29-2010 10:50 PM

Sister I will pray for two things. First I will pray that business class is over booked and you get an upgrade to first class. Second I will pray that you do have a safe flight.
When your up in the clouds, look for Jesus. I fly all the time usually after 5 or 6 cocktails I see Him.

Shela Tansper 09-29-2010 10:59 PM

Thank you all for your kind words and i will heed the warnings, i am flying with BA and luckily their business class is a fairly high standard so i should be comfortable.

http://www.sevenstarsandstripes.com/...-World-Bed.jpg

Brother Harold Porter 09-29-2010 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shela Tansper (Post 607685)

Shela

I wish you a safe journey Sister and you will be in my prayers.

I trust you have chosen a flight aboard a Godly Boeing aircraft and not one of those wide bodies cobbled together by the pinko French?

May Jesus be with you!

Shela Tansper 09-29-2010 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Harold Porter (Post 607746)
I wish you a safe journey Sister and you will be in my prayers.

I trust you have chosen a flight aboard a Godly Boeing aircraft and not one of those wide bodies cobbled together by the pinko French?

May Jesus be with you!

Yes it's a 747 so i will be safe, i am glad i just checked my hand bag as i would not of got far at Heathrow airport with this little number still in it
http://www.theconcealmentshop.com/AE.../AE_inside.gif

James Dewitt 09-29-2010 11:17 PM

Sister, why didn't you ask Phebe if you could use our jet?
Its just sitting in my hanger, and the two pilots are collecting a check.

Shela Tansper 09-29-2010 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Dewitt (Post 607755)
Sister, why didn't you ask Phebe if you could use our jet?
Its just sitting in my hanger, and the two pilots are collecting a check.

Oh i hate to be a nuisance and my friends in Australia paid for the ticket but thank you so much for thinking of me.

Lisa H 09-30-2010 12:06 AM

I pray that you have safe trip. There is no need to worry when you have the Lord and the King James Bible with you.

Shela Tansper 09-30-2010 09:41 AM

Thanks again everyone, i am hoping that at least one of my sons will catch up with me while i am in Australia, they are both serving in the British Army "Special Forces" and are both stationed "somewhere abroad" at the moment but have some leave coming up in December so with any luck and Gods will they and their families will be able to join me for a well deserved break.

Another hour then it's time to get the train to London and check into the Heathrow Hilton for a couple of days before the long haul.

Sister Charli 09-30-2010 02:25 PM

Safe travels.

Are you coming to the West Coast at all?

Shela Tansper 09-30-2010 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sister Charli (Post 608028)
Safe travels.

Are you coming to the West Coast at all?

I will be based in Nabucca Heads NSW

HTannor 09-30-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shela Tansper (Post 608203)
I will be based in Nabucca Heads NSW

I'm very concerned about you going someplace that's Not Safe for Work.

Will you be in danger there?