The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The introduction forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Greetings (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=76723)

Jack Nick 04-16-2012 07:22 AM

Greetings

I never actually ever intended to get past "Unsaved Trash", because frankly, I don't have much time to spend on the internet between my days of work, worship and being a father. But here I am, obedient as always, apologetic that I did not come here at first as I should have.

We'll start this off by saying my name is Jack Aciel Nicolas, otherwise known as "Jack Nick" to all my friends. I am the father of one son, who is at the age of five, and the husband of no one, as unfortunately my wife passed away two years ago in a fatal car accident with one of the local buses.

We both attend church every Sunday for both services of morning and night, as luckily God has given me work that provides me time to attend both. We both show our attendance in the Victory Baptist Church, home to many friendly faces and open hearts.

And for the stuff that is requested of me...

I can not place a finger on a single verse of the Bible to label as my favorite; I do not believe that I am capable of taking such holy words and pointing at a paragraph and saying "This one is the best".

Jesus has always been a part of my life, even from the very few moments of birth, as I was the unfortunate accident of a stillborn. That's right, dead before I passed into God's world, and yet apparently life was not to end for me on that day, for I, after being placed in one of the wards, came to again only a few minutes later. Some said it was a miracle, others say it was a bad diagnosis by the doctors, and whatever they say about that day, I believe that on that day, I was saved. Who am I to turn down such a wonderful gift as life, to merely just throw it back into God's face and walk down a different path than what has been laid out before me?

The Bible comes to me as words of comfort, as maybe I will one day find my way to Heaven so that I may thank the Lord for what he gave to me, every day of my life, through sickness and loss, there has always been a bit of shining light in the distance for me to reach out to. The warmth in my heart each night as I make my prayers, when I may pass through the doors of my church to sing praise, and the smile of my son when I return from a hard day's work.

Noah Sole 04-16-2012 07:33 AM

Re: Greetings

Welcome to Gods favourite forum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Nick (Post 872189)
I can not place a finger on a single verse of the Bible to label as my favorite; I do not believe that I am capable of taking such holy words and pointing at a paragraph and saying "This one is the best".

We're not asking for which one is best, which one inspires you?

YIC

Jack Nick 04-16-2012 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noah Sole (Post 872190)
We're not asking for which one is best, which one inspires you?

My apologies, I took the word "favorite" in the wrong context. Allow me to fix that misunderstanding and say that the following provides much for me:

Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”

Noah Sole 04-16-2012 08:05 AM

An excellent choice Jack.
The verse inspiring me today is:

Job 5:22
At destruction and famine thou shalt laugh: neither shalt thou be afraid of the beasts of the earth.

YIC

WWJDnow 04-18-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Nick (Post 872189)
...maybe I will one day find my way to Heaven

Welcome, and great post. Who can say who will eventually be called to our Father's True Christian™ Paradise?

Roberta 04-19-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

I am the father of one son, who is at the age of five, and the husband of no one, as unfortunately my wife passed away two years ago in a fatal car accident with one of the local buses.
I am single and lonely, Jack. Did you get a good insurance settlement from the bus company?

Jack Nick 04-20-2012 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roberta (Post 873520)
I am single and lonely, Jack. Did you get a good insurance settlement from the bus company?

The settlement was as much as one could get when they had two lawyers against my public attorney... And I shall leave it at that.

Your aforementioned statement being single is something I do not suspect to be untrue. Do you really find it appropriate to have such words in your signature? Not particularly the mindset I would want around my son.

Rev. M. Rodimer 04-20-2012 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Nick (Post 873914)
The settlement was as much as one could get when they had two lawyers against my public attorney... And I shall leave it at that.

A public attorney in a civil suit? :huh:

What liberal nanny state do you live in?

Roberta 04-20-2012 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Nick (Post 873914)
Do you really find it appropriate to have such words in your signature?

?????

I am a lover of all things natural and the Verts Monts are a physiographic display of God's encompassing love. What nick did you crawl out of, Jack off?

Jack Nick 04-20-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. M. Rodimer (Post 873922)
A public attorney in a civil suit? :huh:

What liberal nanny state do you live in?

One that doesn't allow those stuck in it to leave, apparently. Our Church is wonderful, a diamond in the rough as some might say; however the rest of this damnable city can rot in the depths of hell for all I care.

We will leave this place eventually. Where to go, however, is not something that I can figure out at this moment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roberta (Post 873970)
?????

I am a lover of all things natural and the Verts Monts are a physiographic display of God's encompassing love. What nick did you crawl out of, Jack off?

Watch your tongue, young lady.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roberta
Come climb my mountains.

Do you not find it insulting to God to claim something that is His creation as yours?

Rev. M. Rodimer 04-20-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Nick (Post 874158)
Watch your tongue, young lady.

Do you not find it insulting to God to claim something that is His creation as yours?

Mr. Nick, Roberta is a True Christian™ woman. She does not answer to Unsaved Trash. It is beyond your authority as a guest on this forum to rebuke her.

Understand? :angry: