The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Landover Baptist Lounge (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What Examples of Divine Retribution Have You Observed Which Have Strengthened Your Faith? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=82940)

Jedediah 09-27-2012 04:33 AM

What Examples of Divine Retribution Have You Observed Which Have Strengthened Your Faith?

I thought we could use a fun thread about examples we have experienced in our own lives of God pouring out His cup of wrath on sinners. For me personally, I find divine retribution against the unsaved to bolster my faith and to make me all the more grateful to have been preordained to live a life of righteousness and perfection. Witnessing sinners suffer at the Hand of God lets me know that my choices and beliefs are correct and that I am justified in all that I do as a Blood-bought child of the Lamb (Romans 8:33).

I'll share two of my most edifying personal experiences with God's righteous judgment against the unsaved.

When I was in high school, there was a guy on the baseball team with me who was not a Christian. He never showed up at our sunrise prayer meetings at the flagpole, he would openly mock earnest Christians like myself for our cherished beliefs, he was a known fornicator, and he was hooked on the deadly narcotic marihuana. Yet, he was the best player on our team and got a full-ride scholarship to a Division I school our senior year. But God would not be mocked!

Proverbs 1:24-27
Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.

As he was leaving his whore girlfriend's house one night, a drunk driver clipped him as he was getting into his car, shattering his hip and severing his spinal cord a few inches above his behind. Needless to say, his aspirations of playing ball and getting a secular education didn't pan out. Last I checked, he sits behind the counter as a gas station cashier. It's been over 15 years, and the gimp is still in a wheelchair, a crippled reminder, loathsome in the eyes of the LORD, that God will shew mercy upon whom He will shew mercy and will pour out His wrath upon whom He will pour out His wrath. Let His name be praised! Hosana!

Another story that fills my heart with gladness happened more recently. I was checking the local newspaper from the small Texas town I used to live in before moving to Freehold, and there was a story about a 7-year old girl who has been searching for a bone marrow donor for over a year. Her name sounded familiar, then I realized that her father was a local Demon-crat politician and universal unitarian false-Christian. For his apostasy and refusal to obey God's Word as given in the Authorized King James Version ©1611, the LORD chose to strike his daughter in the marrow, just as He has promised.

Deuteronomy 5:9
Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me

I hope God continues to withhold a suitable marrow donor for this sinner's daughter, and I hope she dies screaming, as her blasphemous parents watch helplessly. I pray for this with all my heart. Let His Will be done on Earth, as It is in Heaven. Praise and glory!

What stories of divine retribution can you share, that make you glad to be a True Christian™?

Redeemed Papist 09-27-2012 04:05 PM

Re: What Examples of Divine Retribution Have You Observed Which Have Strengthened Your Faith?

Ah brother, your tale brings a wondrous event to mind. There was this girl at school when I was who had caught my eye. I was hoping to one day make arrangements with her father to marry her. She, however, had other ideas and preferred to go a whoring and partying with her slutty friends and willing boys with no upright morals. She openly mocked my pious approaches that had full respect for her virginity and flaunted her sexual history in my face and told me to get laid.

Imagine my joy when, on a dark, frosty night, on the way to some debauchery, the car she was driving skidded on a patch of ice and crashed into a wall. The car burst into flames and all occupants had a taste of the Hell that awaited them as they burned to death in about ten minutes in an inferno.

Glory be to God! Show this tale to any daughters who show such tendencies. God always strikes the evil ones.

GLORY!

Pastor Ezekiel 09-28-2012 03:15 AM

Re: What Examples of Divine Retribution Have You Observed Which Have Strengthened Your Faith?

Remember a few years back when those joos tried to start a temple on the outskirts of Freehold? Then it burned to the ground? Remember that? :lol:

Deaner 09-28-2012 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 934339)
Remember a few years back when those joos tried to start a temple on the outskirts of Freehold? Then it burned to the ground? Remember that? :lol:

Shhh. Remember I told the cops I had nothing to do with that. Remember?

Pastor Ezekiel 09-28-2012 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deaner (Post 934342)
Shhh. Remember I told the cops I had nothing to do with that. Remember?

You were with me, playing Gin Rummy. B)

Rev. M. Rodimer 09-28-2012 04:01 AM

I remember when God smote the "Quicksand Jesus" statue with lightning and turned it into a flaming heap of rubble in seconds!

http://www.bittenandbound.com/wp-con...-of-flames.jpg

Apparently, they've just replaced it with "Hug Me Jesus".

http://ronepraisehouston.files.wordp...1/td-jesus.jpg
Or maybe "Traffic Cone Jesus" would be better.
http://www.jzmcbride.com/blog/wp-con...09/images.jpeg

Apparently, in an effort to reduce costs, they chose not to give Him feet. Or really any detail whatsoever.

I wonder how God will destroy this one? :lol:

juliet 11-24-2012 09:44 PM

I remember a couple of atheists who returned to the Lord after almost one year of my daily preying the Lord for that.

My cousin Susan Mae, who seemed not to be able to give birth to children, who got pregnant last year for the first time at the age of 36, after almost 20 years of non fertile marriage, again for preying the Lord from the depth of her soul.

One of our Pastor's son, Paul, who escaped from a terrible accident on an aircraft, being practically the only one survivor, thanks to the prayers of his wonderful Christian parents....

These an other examples have always confirmed to me how our prayers count for the Savior...

Johny Joe Hold 11-25-2012 01:17 AM

Think of the meaning of Actor Larry Hagman's painful death.

He starred in Dallas for decades without one single church or prayer scene.

Glory! God saw to it a good thing happened.

James Hutchins 11-25-2012 01:22 AM

Joan Rivers - God is turning her into a rigid pillar of salt

Genesis 19:26
But his wife looked back from behind him, and she became a pillar of salt.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-XXWp9x3vuY...an_Rivers7.JPG

PetitionLady 11-26-2012 12:18 PM

Most recently, Hurricane Sandy attacked some God-haters!

:praise:

These pictures strengthen my faith in God's Almighty Power... aerial views of the overwhelming damage.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/specials/...-after-photos/

PS - by rolling your mouse over the photos you can compare before/after. The first three are especially brutal.

YSiC

:innocent:

jonathan.mcmahon 11-21-2013 10:08 PM

You are all disgusting!

All of you that posted things here are absolutely disgusting, anyone that enjoys hearing about the pain and suffering of other human beings is just as bad as any other religious extremist. You call yourselves followers of God, no person that is a follower of God should take pleasure in the pain and suffering of others. You should love everyone no matter what they look like, their social status and their personality, you should look past these things. Anyone who finds such a thread as this "fun" is sick and disgusting and seriously needs to re-think their ideas. I don't know what denomination of Christianity you believe in, but it is definitely not a true one if you believe and take pleasure in such things as this forum article. I found the comment the Jews especially appalling and disgusting, you are all sick people.

I hope you will re-think your ideas and see the true light of the Lord, and what he really brings to this Earth, and not take joy in the suffering of others.

Good day.

Alphonse Alban 11-21-2013 10:30 PM

Re: You are all disgusting!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThisIsDigusting (Post 1043214)
You call yourselves followers of God, no person that is a follower of God should take pleasure in the pain and suffering of others.

Why do you think that God created hell for tormenting sinners? Besides, as every Christian knows, God himself takes pleasure of pain and suffering and He laughs at heathens in pain.

Psalm 59:8 But thou, O Lord, shalt laugh at them; thou shalt have all the heathen in derision.

jonathan.mcmahon 11-21-2013 10:35 PM

Do you realise how much rubbish is spurting out of your mouth at the moment, your religion is sick and disgusting. God is a kind person that loves everyone equally and treats everyone the same. He does laugh at the pain and suffering of others, he hates suffering and pain. You need to get your life back on track and believe in a proper religion and stop posting on this blasphemous forum. The whole forum is sick and disgusting and you this whole webpage should be deleted. In fact some of the things posted here are actually illegal. Sort yourselves out. May God help YOU

Alphonse Alban 11-21-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThisIsDigusting (Post 1043226)
Do you realise how much rubbish is spurting out of your mouth at the moment, your religion is sick and disgusting.

Bible is the word of God, not mine. It's sad to hear that you hate Christianity.

Quote:

He does laugh at the pain and suffering of others

Yes, that's what He says.

jonathan.mcmahon 11-21-2013 10:45 PM

Your bible is clearly very different to the bible that I believe in and read from. You need some real help sir.

Didymus Much 11-21-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

...God is a kind person that loves everyone equally and treats everyone the same...

What God would that be? Certainly not the one in the Bible.

Quote:

...He does laugh at the pain and suffering of others, he hates suffering and pain...
Then why does He cause it?

Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things."

Quote:

...this whole webpage should be deleted...
Why do you hate religious freedom?

Alphonse Alban 11-21-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThisIsDigusting (Post 1043233)
Your bible is clearly very different to the bible that I believe in and read from. You need some real help sir.

Do tell me what in what kind of Bible everyone else except Christians do not go to hell, or God does not laugh at heathens.

You should get rid of that hatred and start following Jesus. Maybe you can laugh as well, when you are not so angry all the time.
Psalm 2:4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

jonathan.mcmahon 11-21-2013 10:57 PM

Go piffle yourself

Alphonse Alban 11-21-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThisIsDigusting (Post 1043239)
Go piffle yourself

Thank you for your persecution. Jesus told us that heathen like you would hate us. It's a blessing for us, really :thumbsup:

Matthew 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Didymus Much 11-21-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThisIsDigusting (Post 1043239)
Go piffle yourself

Hey, where's the love and understanding gone? :(