The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Landover Baptist Lounge (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Imagine slavery would be still legal... (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=94609)

Titus Templeton 11-20-2013 11:52 PM

Imagine slavery would be still legal...

Then we had no Obama and no Obamacare.

WWJDnow 11-21-2013 03:56 AM

Re: Imagine slavery would be still legal...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titus Templeton (Post 1042901)
Then we had no Obama and no Obamacare.

And nobody would need welfare, because we white folk always provided food, shelter, clothing, and work for our slaves. America really started going to Hell when slavery was abolished. If I were a black person, I'd demand a return to slavery right now--they were far better off in the days before crack and ghettos and rap music and basketball took the spirit out of them.

A Follower 11-21-2013 04:20 AM

Without negroes lazing about on the streets there would be no crime at all.

And with guaranteed employment for all minorities there would be no need for welfare or food stamps: an instant fix to the Obama deficit crisis.

And it's all Biblically approved so I doubt there would be any real opposition to slavery.

Jack Rankan 11-21-2013 03:50 PM

Slavery still legal?

No crime, minorities would have jobs and not mooch for welfare bennefits, the crime elements in them would be beatened out at the young age by True Christians™. America would be better off, AND we would have a True Christian™ white president. Everyone would be better off...

ManWhoFoundGod1922 11-21-2013 04:00 PM

It truly would be a wonder.
Imagine not having to worry every time you see a negro walking past at night when you're coming home from church, because he'd be at home polishing your shoes.

Zechariah Smyth 11-21-2013 04:23 PM

I have some concerns:

- where am I supposed to house these things? Back in the day, most people had proper outbuildings for the help, but that is very unusual currently (I think Mr. Hutchins is the only TC with proper help quarters). I only have one outbuilding, and there is NO WAY I am letting a bunch of sticky-fingered moolies stay in my tool shed.

:thumbdown:

- will Obamacare cover lesser races in this scenario? I've read the old journals of my great- great- great- great-Grandpa, and the extent of medical attention given to the shines back then was basically boiling water, cod liver oil, and an alcohol rub. Broken bones necessitated field amputation. Since they would basically be categorized as livestock again, can I "put them out of their misery" so to speak when things get messy?

I don't know...this seems like more trouble than it's worth.

:(

YiC,

Zech

ManWhoFoundGod1922 11-21-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zechariah Smyth (Post 1043096)
I have some concerns:

- where am I supposed to house these things? Back in the day, most people had proper outbuildings for the help, but that is very unusual currently (I think Mr. Hutchins is the only TC with proper help quarters). I only have one outbuilding, and there is NO WAY I am letting a bunch of sticky-fingered moolies stay in my tool shed.

:thumbdown:

- will Obamacare cover lesser races in this scenario? I've read the old journals of my great- great- great- great-Grandpa, and the extent of medical attention given to the shines back then was basically boiling water, cod liver oil, and an alcohol rub. Broken bones necessitated field amputation. Since they would basically be categorized as livestock again, can I "put them out of their misery" so to speak when things get messy?

I don't know...this seems like more trouble than it's worth.

:(

YiC,

Zech

Very understandable, you could give them an axe and instruct cut down trees to build their own "living quarters", but those trees don't deserve to go down just because some negros are to picky to sleep in the grass or the field.

Jack Rankan 11-21-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManWhoFoundGod1922 (Post 1043098)
Very understandable, you could give them an axe and instruct cut down trees to build their own "living quarters", but those trees don't deserve to go down just because some negros are to picky to sleep in the grass or the field.

Just build something like a tent, why waste good wood for them? :thumbsup:

Titus Templeton 11-21-2013 07:06 PM

Some say we still have slavery in india or Saudi Arabia but real slavery is with negroes.

Jack Rankan 11-21-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titus Templeton (Post 1043146)
Some say we still have slavery in india or Saudi Arabia but real slavery is with negroes.

And if it's not done by the rules God has given us in the Bible KJV(1611), it's not right. After all, Biblical slavery is done for their own good, anything else is just mean.

WWJDnow 11-22-2013 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Rankan (Post 1043147)
And if it's not done by the rules God has given us in the Bible KJV(1611), it's not right. After all, Biblical slavery is done for their own good, anything else is just mean.

That's right! For example, in Luke 12:47-48, Jesus laid down very strict rules about when we can beat our slaves heavily versus when only a light beating is permitted:

And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes.

ManWhoFoundGod1922 11-22-2013 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Rankan (Post 1043145)
Just build something like a tent, why waste good wood for them? :thumbsup:

But even that would be wrong, you would be preventing flowers and grass from growing because the tent is blocking sunlight..
Jesus, when did negros become so picky and selfish.

Mark L. Snyde, PhD 11-22-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManWhoFoundGod1922 (Post 1043302)
But even that would be wrong, you would be preventing flowers and grass from growing because the tent is blocking sunlight..
Jesus, when did negros become so picky and selfish.

You can't have your valuable stock exposed to the weather though, if you expect for them to be productive. Food, clothing and shelter are essential to getting a good honest day's work from a slave.

Quote:

Colossians 4:1 (1611 King James Bible)

Masters, giue vnto your seruants that which is iust and equall, knowing that yee also haue a Master in heauen.

ManWhoFoundGod1922 11-22-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark L. Snyde, PhD (Post 1043324)
You can't have your valuable stock exposed to the weather though, if you expect for them to be productive. Food, clothing and shelter are essential to getting a good honest day's work from a slave.

Good point, negros don't grow on trees, it's difficult to replace them.

Jack Rankan 11-22-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManWhoFoundGod1922 (Post 1043302)

Whatch out brother, starting to worry about the flowers and grass is a hippy way of thinking. Besides, God has given us this world to be used, that includes grass and flowers.

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

And like brother Mark has said - we have strict rules given by God about slavery, and God is clear - we have to provide slaves with some things so that we get at least some work done by them. The example would be my hunting dog. Even if it is just a beast with no soul, I still provide him with food, shelter and watter, because I need him for hunting. The same goes with slaves.

ManWhoFoundGod1922 11-22-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Rankan (Post 1043326)
Whatch out brother, starting to worry about the flowers and grass is a hippy way of thinking. Besides, God has given us this world to be used, that includes grass and flowers.

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

And like brother Mark has said - we have strict rules given by God about slavery, and God is clear - we have to provide slaves with some things so that we get at least some work done by them. The example would be my hunting dog. Even if it is just a beast with no soul, I still provide him with food, shelter and watter, because I need him for hunting. The same goes with slaves.

Very good point, I understand giving the slaves the food, clothes, shelter and equipment, but you cant humanize them and treat them as equals, they must know they belong to their masters.

Jack Rankan 11-22-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManWhoFoundGod1922 (Post 1043329)
Very good point, I understand giving the slaves the food, clothes, shelter and equipment, but you cant humanize them and treat them as equals, they must know they belong to their masters.

I didn't humanize them, that's why I gave an example of my hunting dog. They are just about its level, but not near.

ManWhoFoundGod1922 11-22-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Rankan (Post 1043331)
I didn't humanize them, that's why I gave an example of my hunting dog. They are just about its level, but not near.

Well said.
May I ask, what breed is your hunting dog?

Jack Rankan 11-22-2013 11:58 AM

It's no secret, I own a feist. An American dog.

ManWhoFoundGod1922 11-22-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Rankan (Post 1043333)
It's no secret, I own a feist. An American dog.

Good, for a second I was concerned you had a "Foreign" dog....