The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Straight 4 Jesus! (Back Door Christians) (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   The Book, "Two Boys Kissing," Burned Right Here in Iowa (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=115349)

Johny Joe Hold 10-23-2018 02:24 PM

The Book, "Two Boys Kissing," Burned Right Here in Iowa

I confess to mixed emotions when a Christian who lives a couple of hours west of Freehold, in Orange City, created a sensation by burning books he found in the Orange City Public Library. One of them was "Two Boys Kissing."

My friend, Deb De Haan, is the Mayor of Orange City, IA. We have a friendly competition as to which of our cities had more Bible believing Christians. I'm sure Freehold has more, but her city does OK.

The reason for my mixed emotions is that I warned Debbie she needed to walk into her library and take those books out. I told her there is always trouble when the homosexual agenda gets underway in a Christian city. She didn't do it and now Orange City is in the national news. Homers will be flocking there.

If you want to enjoy seeing "Two Boys Kissing" thrown into a fire you can watch the video from the Des Moines Register:

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...wa/1728786002/

BrotherLarry 10-23-2018 02:55 PM

Re: The Book, "Two Boys Kissing" Burned Right Here in Iowa

Brother Mr. Mayor,

"Two Boys Kissing" is a disgusting thought and I am sure the author of such a book is a wretched homer with a sinsick soul. Burning is too good for writing of this nature. I want you to know that I personally have intercepted copies of this book and intend to pass them out to my homer studies group at church to show people they can never be too careful in this world.

I have long though that as long as there is no government control of what we see, hear, and read, we have no reason to think the gay agenda will not slowly creep up and sodomize us. This is why I am a fan of book bans, burns, and government-controlled press.

I urge you to protect Freehold by establishing laws which create a Committee for a Safe Society in your city. ALL literature, television programming, radio broadcasts, and the like would have to first be monitored by the committee before they are released to the general public. You could save time by eliminating programs like Ernest Angley, Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Bakker, etc from the monitoring process since those people are all saved by Grace and as such have impeccable reputations. Anything presented by Pastor Zeke would also be free from monitoring.

It's things like this that will keep you in the mayor's seat for the foreseeable future if you ask me. I hope you'll consider it.

In the fight for a Homer-Free World,
BrotherLarry

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 10-23-2018 04:32 PM

Brother Mr Mayor, Sir, I was interested to see that one of the other books burned was called Morris Micklewhite and the Tangerine Dress.

This is an obvious reference to the British "actor" Michael Caine, whose real name is Morris Micklewhite. If the story is not true, then surely it is libelous and I am surprised that he has not sued the author.

Johny Joe Hold 10-23-2018 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrotherLarry (Post 1239937)
Brother Mr. Mayor,

"Two Boys Kissing" is a disgusting thought and I am sure the author of such a book is a wretched homer with a sinsick soul.

This is why I am a fan of book bans, burns, and government-controlled press.

I urge you to protect Freehold by establishing laws which create a Committee for a Safe Society in your city. ALL literature, television programming, radio broadcasts, and the like would have to first be monitored by the committee before they are released to the general public.

It's things like this that will keep you in the mayor's seat for the foreseeable future if you ask me. I hope you'll consider it.

In the fight for a Homer-Free World,
Brother Larry

Thank you, Brother Larry. Your relentless war against homerism is appreciated by all of us.

As to a "Committee for a Safe Society," however, I'm not so sure. Mayor Debbie in Orange City had a committee in her public library. They thought it "only fair" to include these foul books in case there were children who needed to know about sin.

In my view, I was elected Mayor of Freehold to put the Bible in our government. I have come to believe there are closet atheists lurking in and around our community and some might sneak onto a committee like that.

MitzaLizalor 10-25-2018 09:59 PM

Re: The Book, "Two Boys Kissing," Burned Right Here in Iowa

What's next?

Tarquin Marries a Tree
because he was born that way
?

Aggie and The Witch
will culturally enrich
you

?

This is what happens when prayer is banished from the public square!

KillTheKing666 11-05-2018 11:19 PM

TO HELL WITH GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE FORCES OF HEAVEN WILL BE DECIMATED, AND ALL BELIEVERS IN GOD WILL BE ANNIHILATED!!!!!!

James Hutchins 11-06-2018 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillTheKing666 (Post 1240766)
TO HELL WITH GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE FORCES OF HEAVEN WILL BE DECIMATED, AND ALL BELIEVERS IN GOD WILL BE ANNIHILATED!!!!!!

Your mom called and told you it was bed time? :rofl3:

Thank Goodness you at least acknowledge God is a King among all mankind.:wub:

James Hutchins 11-06-2018 06:36 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I had a sleepless night, thinking about 'two boys kissing' and what kinds of debauchery that could lead to. Over and over the imagery went through my mind as I tossed and turned in a writhing, sweat coated mass of 260 pounds, 2% body fat man.
After I voted first thing this morning is I went to see these sorts of books for my self. I am not going to just take someones word for it, I need proof. So I went to the local book seller over at Genesis Boulevard and Jude Street. Not the nices store in town, kind of run down but knowing it was 'on the other side of the tracks' I was confident that the owner, 'Stevie' (not his real name) would take me in the back if I slipped him a five dollar bill. I was shocked with what I saw. I bought them all to Save© any other person the stress that might occur if they too saw these works.

Johny Joe Hold 08-07-2019 02:41 PM

This story had so much hope. A man burned books here in Iowa that promoted homerism. At the time I thought, "This is wonderful. All across the country people will take these books out of their local library and burn them."

Our hopes have been dashed. A judge over there in Orange City, Iowa, fined the Christian man $250 plus made him pay court costs. The charge against the man was burning books that did not belong to him.

WHAT? Did not belong to him? Public property belongs to all of us, including the homer books in the local library. They were his to burn. I think he needed a better lawyer.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st..._article_thumb

handmaiden 08-07-2019 05:57 PM

The story of this book reminded me of another title that has stirred up controversy. Why this is so, I cannot say. Clearly, the book needed to be removed from the shelves.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rabbits%27_Wedding

There are two points that I wish to make. One, this book was (shockingly) available in the Year Of Our Lord, 1978.

Two, the library where I encountered it was in a school that catered to the "developmentally challenged". (In my day we called it mental retardation and that was that.) The thought that such fragile minds were exposed to the book's influenced is a concern. Most of the students who visited the library could not read, (some could not hold a book) but there were pictures!

Third, (I guess I have three points to make after all.) I disagree with the author of the wikipedia entry that the black rabbit was clearly identified as male while the white rabbit was identified as female. When I saw the book in 1978, there were no indications of gender with either bunny--and you know what THAT means!!