The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Creation Science (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Water Proves Atheism is False! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=69985)

Pastor Ezekiel 09-24-2011 02:25 AM

Water Proves Atheism is False!

Rev. Jim Osborne 09-24-2011 02:33 AM

Re: Water Proves Atheism is False!

Exactly. If the earth was billions of years old, humans and animals would've drank it all up. We would have no oceans. Yet the oceans take up 75% of the globe!

I think you could also make a similar argument with oxygen. If humans existed for billions of years like the Darwinists, claim, we would've ran out of air too!

And yet if you try bringing this up to a biology professor, he just laughs at your face. Believe me, it's happened more than once.

WilliamJenningsBryan 09-24-2011 03:54 AM

I'd just like to add that some half-educated dimwit is likely to show up here and claim that all the water we drink is eventually given off as sweat and urine. Well, just think about it – that would mean that all our streams, rivers, lakes and oceans would consist of sweat and urine. Every time it rains and snows there would be sweat and urine falling from the sky. The entire earth would be a giant cesspool of sweat and urine – we would be making our coffee from fresh urine from our faucets and bathing in sweat and urine. Well, logically you have to go with the Bible (KJV1611) on this one.

I don't mean to be rude, but piss off Atheists.

The_Damned_One 09-24-2011 06:45 AM

What happens is when water is spilled on the ground (in this case it's piss i suppose), heat causes it to evaporate. When water evaporates, it rises, leaving behind everything that is not pure water. When it's in the sky, it forms clouds, and the wind pushes it. Since oceans covers such a vast portion of the surface of the earth, most of these clouds discharge as rain over them, simply putting in pure water. This means there is always the same amount of water on the earth.

VictoryOS 09-24-2011 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Chosen_One (Post 799325)
What happens is when water is spilled on the ground (in this case it's piss i suppose), heat causes it to evaporate. When water evaporates, it rises, leaving behind everything that is not pure water. When it's in the sky, it forms clouds, and the wind pushes it. Since oceans covers such a vast portion of the surface of the earth, most of these clouds discharge as rain over them, simply putting in pure water. This means there is always the same amount of water on the earth.

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I've never even once seen water going back up into the sky.

The_Damned_One 09-24-2011 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoryOS (Post 799336)
That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I've never even once seen water going back up into the sky.

Well where do you think it goes when it was once on the ground, and now it's not? When water evaporates, it dissipates into the air, into water particles. Kind of like mist, but very fine. And if put against a direct light, you can see the water evaporation.

The_Damned_One 09-24-2011 07:28 AM

And where do you believe rain comes from? If what you said, that when you use water that it's used, then the rain is not new water, it's water that was allready on the surface. How do you think it got into the sky?

Redeemed Papist 09-24-2011 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Chosen_One (Post 799340)
Well where do you think it goes when it was once on the ground, and now it's not? When water evaporates, it dissipates into the air, into water particles. Kind of like mist, but very fine. And if put against a direct light, you can see the water evaporation.

Have you never seen water dry up? Water dries up - it's what it does. Yet another reason why God has to be involved, when you think about it. All the seas and lakes would have dried up long ago if God wasn't there working magnificently in ways we cannot and are not meant to understand.

Psalm 147:8 Who covereth the heaven with clouds, who prepareth rain for the earth, who maketh grass to grow upon the mountains.

Jeremiah 14:22 Are there any among the vanities of the Gentiles that can cause rain? or can the heavens give showers? art not thou he, O LORD our God? therefore we will wait upon thee: for thou hast made all these things.

The Bible isn't littered with thanks for God for rain and water and rivers for no reason, yet you insult Him by saying it would all just happen if He wasn't there! Further proof of how hateful atheists are.

1 Kings 17:1 And Elijah the Tishbite, who was of the inhabitants of Gilead, said unto Ahab, As the LORD God of Israel liveth, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, but according to my word.

Luke 4:25 But I tell you of a truth, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elias, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, when great famine was throughout all the land;

James 5:17 Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months.

You see! Jesus Himself attests to the power of God to wilfully stop the rain if He wills it in response to prayer. How else are we to explain that Elijah/Elias (same person) could pray to God and stop the rain and IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED?

The_Damned_One 09-24-2011 07:45 AM

Ok, then by the logic you just provided, the original post of this thread would be debunked. People would use up more water and then god would prive more to compensate. Does that not make sense to you in your own understanding?

But no, water does not dry up, it evaporates and the surface it was on becomes dry. You cannot destroy matter unless you revert it to it's natural form of energy. That's what an atom bomb is; destroying a SINGLE atom, and turning it's physical form into energy.

Redeemed Papist 09-24-2011 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Chosen_One (Post 799348)
Ok, then by the logic you just provided, the original post of this thread would be debunked. People would use up more water and then god would prive more to compensate. Does that not make sense to you in your own understanding?

But no, water does not dry up, heresy deleted.

I stopped taking you seriously at that point. Calling it different names then invoking invisible magic things to explain the fact you can't even believe the evidence of your own eyes that water disappears all the time before we even start drinking it is a joke. Even a child can tell you that water either soaks into the ground, disappears or runs in rivers that start from fountains and springs in the hills. You can see it happening if you just take your head out of science books and experience the world God gave you with open eyes.

John 4:10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

Numbers 21:16 And from thence they went to Beer: that is the well whereof the LORD spake unto Moses, Gather the people together, and I will give them water.

eliot mayfield 09-24-2011 10:21 AM

If water doesn't dry up, then why isn't the world still underwater from the great flood?

Brother Temperance 09-24-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Chosen_One (Post 799325)
What happens is when water is spilled on the ground (in this case it's piss i suppose), heat causes it to evaporate. When water evaporates, it rises, leaving behind everything that is not pure water.

If this is true (it isn't, btw), then where's all the yellow bits from all the urine? If the pure water goes up into the sky, where do all the unpure bits go?
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Chosen_One (Post 799348)

But no, water does not dry up, it evaporates and the surface it was on becomes dry.

:wacko: This is insane. According to your logic, all the water in the world should have been drunk up long ago AND we'd all be underwater from the rain never drying up. Make your mind up!

Isaac Fisher 09-24-2011 01:07 PM

Sorry, I just have to point out the flaw in this. :)

Humans aren't the only things to drink water. Cats and dogs do too, as with most critters. :D

If the Earth was 6 billion years old then the water would of been gone really soon. :fear2:

But it's not.:thumbsup:

Rain is God's gift or punishment to man. Nothing to do with clouds or water in the air.:innocent:

The_Damned_One 09-24-2011 03:30 PM

Ok please. Everyone try this experiment at home. Get a pot and fill it with water from your tap. Put it on the stove and let it boil. What happens directly over the pot of water? You can see steam rising, which is just small particles of water. If you hold your hand over the pot, it slowly gathers water, and your hand becomes damp. This means that there is water in the air, and it came from the water that was in the pot.

When water evaporates on the ground, it's just a much slower form of the experiment we just did.

Pastor Ezekiel 09-24-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Chosen_One (Post 799425)
Ok please. Everyone try this experiment at home. Get a pot and fill it with water from your tap. Put it on the stove and let it boil. What happens directly over the pot of water? You can see steam rising, which is just small particles of water. If you hold your hand over the pot, it slowly gathers water, and your hand becomes damp. This means that there is water in the air, and it came from the water that was in the pot.

When water evaporates on the ground, it's just a much slower form of the experiment we just did.

Hey Monkey-Worshiper;

This is a Christian forum. Kindly take your faked-up scientifical "experiments" and go jump in a lake. We are not interested in engaging in debate with you. We're here to praise Jesus, who suffered and died (temporarily) for our sins.

YIC,

--Pastor Ezekiel

Redeemed Papist 09-24-2011 03:45 PM

I think the monkey worshipper thinks that we need proof of God and God's works like he needs proof that steam exists or something. Like we've never seen steam and it would confuse us and therefore think God isn't real.

I'm really starting to see now how hateful and consumed with deep down fear of Hell atheists are now I've spent some time here. It's like a junkie in denial or something.

WilliamJenningsBryan 09-24-2011 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Damned_One (Post 799325)

Just as I predicted, some dimwit did show up espousing some hair brained "theory" – again at odds with the Bible (KJV1611).

So let's assume your "theory" is correct – water "evaporates" and leaves behind the sweat and urine. According to you this "evaporated" water now rains down as "pure" water without the sweat and urine. The obvious question now is what happened to all the sweat and urine? Well it didn't just "disappear" did it – you "scientists" call this "conservation of mass". That "pure" water now falls down and mixes with the left behind sweat and urine and we are just back to where we started.

You atheists think you're real cleaver. Wake up son, you'll never make the rapture.

John Scopes 09-24-2011 08:46 PM

Hello My Esteemed Scientific Friend,

Your efforts are indeed noble, and welcome to this place. Were I you any future correspondence with the denizens of this place should be monosyllabic in nature so as to avoid any inevitable confusion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Damned_One (Post 799425)

eliot mayfield 09-24-2011 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eliot mayfield (Post 799381)
If water doesn't dry up, then why isn't the world still underwater from the great flood?

bump
I'm waiting for an answer.

The_Damned_One 09-25-2011 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoryOS (Post 799336)

Quote:

Originally Posted by eliot mayfield (Post 799505)
bump
I'm waiting for an answer.

I'm sorry i didn't answer right away. This is assuming that i am incorporating biblical logic into my science. I will not give my answer to this, because i will receive another infraction. As of now, i am just trying to explain that rain is simply water that was already on the earth.

To answer someone else's statement, all that is inside of urine besides water is minerals. When water evaporates, it leaves behind the minerals which become part of the earth. Most of the raining occurs over other large bodies of water, so no it does not mix back with all of the minerals.

To another persons comment, i do not believe that showing you steam will make you disbelieve in god, i am just pointing out that water does rise, and it comes back down as rain.

And to Pastor Ezekiel, i do not understand why you are not open to debate in this specific sub-section. I understand that most of your forum is dedicated to just baptist praise, but this one is titled "Creation Science" that is trying to prove atheism wrong, well why not debate, and prove yourselves right even more against actual atheists? I believe that would be good.

And John Scopes, hi. But i was being simple worded, and i think if i am used in other ways to insult them, that i will be completely ignored more so.

Sorry it took so long for me to respond, i was at a Water Polo tournament all day :)