The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Pastor's Rules and Announcements (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Allow me to introduce my friend Burden of Proof. (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=35622)

Pastor Isaac Peters 01-20-2010 01:06 AM

Allow me to introduce my friend Burden of Proof.

Dear friends:

Many bits of unsaved trash who come to God's favorite discussion board to engage in anti-Christian persecution seem to labor under the delusion that they get to make usupported assertions and that we True Christians™ have the burden of disproving them. Actually, that is not true; in fact, that behavior is one of the surest signs of a clueless n00b trolltard who has just discovered how to access the Internet from the computer in his middle school's library.

When you make an assertion, and especially when you start a thread to make an assertion, we do not have the burden of citing Scripture to disprove it; you have the burden of citing Scripture to prove it. We may well cite Scripture to disprove it, but we do so out of Christian love, not out of a sense of obligation to do your homework for you.

For example, if you assert that the Bible says that Jesus had long hair, you have the burden of producing a Bible passage to prove it. We do not have the burden of producing a Bible passage to disprove it (even though there is one).

stuart the dim 02-24-2010 01:02 AM

Re: Allow me to introduce my friend Burden of Proof.

hi pastor,
The King James Bible, published in 1611, was England's authorized version of the Bible translated from the original Hebrew and Greek languages into English at the request of King James I of England. At the time, other English Bibles existed, but King James did not like the most popular translation, the Geneva Bible, because he felt that some of the marginal notes encouraged disobedience to kings.so in essence this version of the bible was a translation and had influence from james 1st?

Pastor Isaac Peters 02-25-2010 05:42 PM

Dear friend:

We've had plenty of discussion about the King James Bible. Is the search function not working for you?

Also, what does your post have to do with the topic of this thread?

Cranky Old Man 02-27-2010 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuart43ad (Post 477383)
The King James Bible, published in 1611, was England's authorized version of the Bible translated from the original Hebrew and Greek languages into English at the request of King James I of England.

Why are you telling us things we already know?

People God hates: Proverbs 6:16-19 "These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren." Deuteronomy 12:31 "You must not worship the LORD your God in their way, because in worshiping their gods, they do all kinds of detestable things the LORD hates. They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire as sacrifices to their gods."