The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Favorite Bible Verses (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   DEUTERONOMY 22:28 If a woman is raped, she MUST marry her rapist. (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=4419)

Demise 03-16-2014 02:56 PM

Re: DEUTERONOMY 22:28 If a woman is raped, she MUST marry her rap

hay dhis is vry bad vers... jesuse dies for all us of!!!!!!!!!! why are u insolting god and jesos they r very sacred.....,.,,,
u burn in HEL for dis forumes topics...! i wil tell jesus evrything u do! so bware!!!!!!!!

Zechariah Smyth 03-16-2014 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demise (Post 1073732)
hay dhis is vry bad vers... jesuse dies for all us of!!!!!!!!!! why are u insolting god and jesos they r very sacred.....,.,,,
u burn in HEL for dis forumes topics...! i wil tell jesus evrything u do! so bware!!!!!!!!

Anybody here speak retard? I have no idea what this kid is saying.

:(

Demise 03-16-2014 03:19 PM

jesos gav m superior englis

Attila's Wife 03-16-2014 03:19 PM

Re: DEUTERONOMY 22:28 If a woman is raped, she MUST marry her rapist.

Sorry, Brother Zech, me neither. Do you think her mom couldn't spell Denise?

Didymus Much 03-16-2014 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demise (Post 1073744)

Obviously.

Pastor Ezekiel 03-17-2014 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demise (Post 1073744)

No speaking in tongues, lady. :nono:

Chewer 03-18-2014 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demise (Post 1073732)

Its possessed. Call up the rectal exorcist. We need one demon removed from "Demise's" anus.

QNancyBoy 03-22-2014 05:24 AM

I'm wondering if this, properly enforced, could be a suitable cure for the lesbian homosexuals?

AtheistExperience 02-14-2015 03:50 AM

So am I to come to understanding that in the modern times you would tell a rape victim to marry their rapist?

What kind of a message are you Christians trying to spew forth? So would you tell that to a child to marry their pedophile? I mean the child now is damaged goods, she can't be a true Christian and marry a True Christian husband.

Do you want to have children marriages on TV? How about we make a show of children marrying their sexual abusers.

What about senior citizens that get attacked in their homes and also get sexually assaulted? You want them marrying their attackers, their rapists?

Ooo I know lets combine the two and make a reality tv show. Let us make women who were brutally assaulted by their stalker, their rapist and get married to them. Let it unfold to show how disgusting you all are to think you are True Christians.

This is just as bad as the West Boro Baptist Church. Sure you have the freedom to spew hatred and tell people they are going to hell but in the end all you are doing is pushing people away from religion.

You have the audacity to judge those who get raped and yet I bet none of you have been in that position. Prayer won't help you, when your abuser is holding your hands down and pinning your body to the ground while he has your way with you. If you are lucky he will let you go or the abuser would just put a bullet in your head.

As for the way women dress, its none of your business. However you say a woman shouldn't dress that way when no one follows the rule about wearing two different fabrics. Oh but that one doesn't matter, right? Cause it is modern day not the medieval days where Christians killed pagans for not believing in their God... Kind of like the Taliban of this age. Hmmm history is now repeating itself.

Elmer G. White 02-14-2015 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheistExperience (Post 1134307)
So am I to come to understanding that in the modern times you would tell a rape victim to marry their rapist?

What kind of a message are you Christians trying to spew forth? So would you tell that to a child to marry their pedophile? I mean the child now is damaged goods, she can't be a true Christian and marry a True Christian husband.

Do you want to have children marriages on TV? How about we make a show of children marrying their sexual abusers.

What about senior citizens that get attacked in their homes and also get sexually assaulted? You want them marrying their attackers, their rapists?

Ooo I know lets combine the two and make a reality tv show. Let us make women who were brutally assaulted by their stalker, their rapist and get married to them. Let it unfold to show how disgusting you all are to think you are True Christians.

This is just as bad as the West Boro Baptist Church. Sure you have the freedom to spew hatred and tell people they are going to hell but in the end all you are doing is pushing people away from religion.

You have the audacity to judge those who get raped and yet I bet none of you have been in that position. Prayer won't help you, when your abuser is holding your hands down and pinning your body to the ground while he has your way with you. If you are lucky he will let you go or the abuser would just put a bullet in your head.

As for the way women dress, its none of your business. However you say a woman shouldn't dress that way when no one follows the rule about wearing two different fabrics. Oh but that one doesn't matter, right? Cause it is modern day not the medieval days where Christians killed pagans for not believing in their God... Kind of like the Taliban of this age. Hmmm history is now repeating itself.

Miss Experience,

There are a few things you don't understand. First and foremost, we are not telling people anything. We are informing them of God's will. JESUS tells that the raped woman must marry her rapist but, you see, it is reciprocal. Also the rapist gets a punishment for life. He has to marry the woman and become her spouse no matter how inconveninent that would be. God is righteous, it is a righteous punishment. Secondly, yes. Jesus does not specify the age of the partners in fornication. It may well be an older woman.

Thridly, you seem to imply that Christians should tell people what they want to hear. This is all backwards. True Christians™ tell people what Jesus wants them to do. We have seen the the Instruction Manual for wannabe saved persons is unfortunately beyond the capabilities of the average sinner. I'm obviously referring to the Bible. These people mix their own hopes and emotions with God's Word and end up with a mess of 'interpretation', overt dismissals and blatant disregard for the parts of the Bible they're uncomfortable with.

God doesn't negotiate or play games. His instructions are clear and beyond interpretation. He commands. You believe. He commands. You obey. He shows your corrup state. You repent. If you persist, He rewards. Maybe.

Heaven!!!

:praise: :yahoo: :praise:

Do I like the command of marrying one's rapist? What a stupid question! My likes and dislikes do not matter. I listen. I obey. I am saved.

Exodus 3:14
And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Jesus does what He wants. We also do what He wants. That is all there is to it!
:praise:

Yours in Christ,

Elmer :bye:

Germanicus 02-28-2015 03:44 PM

Absolutely not. The raped woman must get help and the rapist must broad to court...

Elmer G. White 02-28-2015 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Germanicus (Post 1136569)
Absolutely not. The raped woman must get help and the rapist must broad to court...

Dear unknown person,

Now this is a question! Who should I trust? A total stranger who posts here an opinion without any justification or discussion of the relevant Scripture? Or Jesus our Lord who has given His life temporarily for us and the promise of Life Eternal in Heaven?

2 Samuel 22:3
The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.

Verily, I trust the Bible and follow God's commandments. Your case is not nearly convincing enough for me to abandon Jesus' orders!

:praise:

Yours in Christ,

Elmer :bye:

Germanicus 02-28-2015 04:15 PM

Getting raped is one of the most severe crimes there is. People who are raped saffers for many years after it's happened. And you wishes them to get married? That is sick..

Didymus Much 02-28-2015 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Germanicus (Post 1136574)
...And you wishes them to get married?...

It's what God wants (according to the Bible), and because these people are Christians, and they believe that the Bible is true, yes, they do. So do all of the people you know who claim to be Christians, or they aren't Christians and are just wasting God's time:

Matthew 7:21 "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

See that? The Bible says you HAVE to do what God wants you to do, or you will not go to Heaven. No picking and choosing, no neglecting anything because you don't agree:

James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

Quote:

...That is sick..
Why do you hate God?

Germanicus 02-28-2015 05:30 PM

Thanks for your comment. There is nothing wrong that people who believe, but they can't seriously expect anyone going to marry someone who has raped her ... I know many true Christians who disagree this...

Zechariah Smyth 02-28-2015 05:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Germanicus (Post 1136579)
Thanks for your comment. There is nothing wrong that people who believe, but they can't seriously expect anyone going to marry someone who has raped her ... I know many true Christians who disagree this...

Attachment 24295

Please cite the Biblical passage that supports their position of disregarding the already-cited Biblical passage that instructs women to marry their rapist (after proper payment to the father of course).

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth

Didymus Much 02-28-2015 06:16 PM

Quote:

Thanks for your comment. There is nothing wrong that people who believe, but they can't seriously expect anyone going to marry someone who has raped her ...

They can't force her to, because the Bible says they also have to follow civil law, they're just pointing out that the Bible says she'll go to Hell if she doesn't (along with everyone who supports her decision not to marry her rapist).

Quote:

... I know many true Christians who disagree this...
Then they disagree with the message that God has left for us (the Bible), and are NOT Christians (as the Scripture I've already quoted shows), never mind what they call themselves.

Dr Laurence Niles 02-28-2015 06:28 PM

Quote:

How can one be a Christian if one does not adhere to the very word of God?

I have no personal problem with the gaywise (as long as they keep away from children:angry:) but the Bible very clearly says they should be killed.

I might not be thrilled about this but as a Christian that is what I would call for and that is why I would vote GOP.

YIC

Mary Etheldreda 02-28-2015 06:36 PM

Quote:

There is nothing wrong that people who believe,

Unless they believe the Bible means what It says, and says what It means?

That doesn't make any sense, dear.

:giggle:

Quote:

but they can't seriously expect anyone going to marry someone who has raped her

Why not? This practice was good enough for the ancient Israelites, it's good enough for us (Psalm 119:152; Isaiah 40:8; Matthew 24:35). God's Truth yesterday is His Truth today, and will be His Truth tomorrow.

Quote:

... I know many true Christians who disagree this...

I know someone who sits on the park bench and calls himself Mungo, King of the Pigeons. Claiming a title doesn't mean anything if there's follow up, dear.

Germanicus 02-28-2015 06:42 PM

The people that I refer to, are believers at heart, not by words. I honestly have no idea what translation you use. I'm not from this country ...