The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The introduction forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   new here (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=113955)

godstriumph 12-13-2017 09:40 AM

new here

Hey everyone, my name is James. I found this website and did a lot of reading of the Bible (KJV, of course) and found that what you say is true. I don't currently go to church, because all of the ones around me are liberal "churches". My favourite Bible verse is Deuteronomy 31:6, which reads "Be strong and of good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.".

Elmer G. White 12-13-2017 09:47 AM

Re: new here

Quote:

Originally Posted by godstriumph (Post 1225415)
Hey everyone, my name is James. I found this website and did a lot of reading of the Bible (KJV, of course) and found that what you say is true. I don't currently go to church, because all of the ones around me are liberal "churches". My favourite Bible verse is Deuteronomy 31:6, which reads "Be strong and of good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.".

Welcome, Mr. James,

Jesus is merciful (Jonah 4:2) and He has shown you unprecedented magnanimity by guiding you here, to His favorite Discussion Board. Please keep strong in Faith®. Here's a verse to help you on your way to real Knowledge™ of the Bible!

1 John 2:14
I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

Have you already begun to show Him some gratitude by begetting new soldiers to His Army?

Yours in Christ,

Elmer :bye:

godstriumph 12-13-2017 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmer G. White (Post 1225416)
Welcome, Mr. James,

Jesus is merciful (Jonah 4:2) and He has shown you unprecedented magnanimity by guiding you here, to His favorite Discussion Board. Please keep strong in Faith®. Here's a verse to help you on your way to real Knowledge™ of the Bible!

1 John 2:14
I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

Have you already begun to show Him some gratitude by begetting new soldiers to His Army?

Yours in Christ,

Greetings brother. I have attempted to lead others to Real Christianity but I have been unfortunately unsuccessful. I have directed the heathens to this website, in the hope that they may become one with Christ.

Elmer G. White 12-13-2017 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godstriumph (Post 1225417)
Greetings brother. I have attempted to lead others to Real Christianity but I have been unfortunately unsuccessful. I have directed the heathens to this website, in the hope that they may become one with Christ.

Dear Friend,

Please be informed of the meaning of the verb "to beget" and you can modify your reply accordingly!
Quote:

beget
bɪˈɡɛt
verb
gerund or present participle: begetting
(especially of a man) bring (a child) into existence by the process of reproduction.
"they hoped that the King might beget an heir by his new queen"
synonyms: father, sire, engender, generate, spawn, create, give life to, bring into being, bring into the world, have;
Jeremiah 29:6
Take ye wives, and beget sons and daughters; and take wives for your sons, and give your daughters to husbands, that they may bear sons and daughters; that ye may be increased there, and not diminished.

Yours in Christ,

godstriumph 12-13-2017 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmer G. White (Post 1225418)
Dear Friend,

Please be informed of the meaning of the verb "to beget" and you can modify your reply accordingly!

Jeremiah 29:6
Take ye wives, and beget sons and daughters; and take wives for your sons, and give your daughters to husbands, that they may bear sons and daughters; that ye may be increased there, and not diminished.

Yours in Christ,

My apologies. I have not found a suitable wife yet, thus I cannot produce children.

Elmer G. White 12-13-2017 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godstriumph (Post 1225419)
My apologies. I have not found a suitable wife yet, thus I cannot produce children.

Please be hasty! Jesus will appear for His Second Coming any day now and while your Salvation does not depend on begetting, you can save a woman from the fiery pits of Hell by begetting effectively with her. You see, childbirth is a prerequisite for women to gain entry into Heaven!

1 Timothy 2:15
Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Do you have any Godly hobbies, such as hunting? Do you distribute the Good Message of Christ by announcing it on the streets and malls?

Yours in Christ,

Basilissa 12-13-2017 02:58 PM

Hello and :welcome: to our forum, James!

Deuteronomy 31 is such a lovely choice! In context, your favorite verse truly comes to light:

Deuteronomy 31:2-8
3 The Lord thy God, he will go over before thee, and he will destroy these nations from before thee, and thou shalt possess them: and Joshua, he shall go over before thee, as the Lord hath said.
4 And the Lord shall do unto them as he did to Sihon and to Og, kings of the Amorites, and unto the land of them, whom he destroyed.
5 And the Lord shall give them up before your face, that ye may do unto them according unto all the commandments which I have commanded you.
6 Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
7 And Moses called unto Joshua, and said unto him in the sight of all Israel, Be strong and of a good courage: for thou must go with this people unto the land which the Lord hath sworn unto their fathers to give them; and thou shalt cause them to inherit it.
8 And the Lord, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed.

This is the story of Israelites arriving to Palestine, which (not coincidentally) sounds just like the story of True White Americans™ arriving to their homeland, America.

In both cases, there were some worthless heathen nations living on the promised land before. In both cases, God destroyed these nations of the original inhabitants in order to make place for the chosen nation. The Bible does not specify whether the original inhabitants of Palestine were stricken by diseases first before being decimated by Jews... but the stories of killing most of the heathen women and children, bot keeping some for sex slaves, are very similar to what was done to the Indians here.

Isn't it just heartwarming, to find such striking parallels in the Holy Bible to our own history? :)

godstriumph 12-14-2017 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmer G. White (Post 1225420)
Please be hasty! Jesus will appear for His Second Coming any day now and while your Salvation does not depend on begetting, you can save a woman from the fiery pits of Hell by begetting effectively with her. You see, childbirth is a prerequisite for women to gain entry into Heaven!

1 Timothy 2:15
Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Do you have any Godly hobbies, such as hunting? Do you distribute the Good Message of Christ by announcing it on the streets and malls?

Yours in Christ,

Hello Elmer,

I do hunt occasionally. It's nice to go into the forest and shoot some deer. I plan to deliver the Good News to my community on the weekend, when impressionable children are at the mall.

BrotherLarry 12-14-2017 03:12 PM

Greetings, Brother:

I have been on my knees praying that the LORD GOD will send you a suitable male - um, mate - so that you can get some big time begetting done before Jesus comes.

Your mission to the mall will be successful if you keep these things in mind:

Just as Roy Moore says, there is evilness abounding in this world, so have witnesses with you at all times, particularly when spreading your love to the youth.

You must not dress to be "cool," but a Chainsmokers t-shirt, skinny jeans, and navy cordoroy jacket can't hurt.

When you lay hands on those with whom you pray, be sure to only use the shoulder or top of the head. I apply light pressure to the head to keep them on their knees. You'll develop your own style once you're used to the whole witnessing thing.

I just know the LORD will bless you. Send pictures of your efforts if you get a chance. We would love to watch! :thumbsup:

Brother Gonzalez 12-14-2017 06:18 PM

Hi Mr triumph,

Have you found a method to pray without ceasing? How can you concentrate in the road, the GPS screen, the GPS voice, the radio, and still be praying?

I no longer use GPS, nor radio, nor I drive, because I have to pray as God has warned us:

1 Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing

But I find this very unconfortable. If you have found a method, please share it.

Thanks God for bringing you here!

Ezekiel Bathfire 12-15-2017 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godstriumph (Post 1225415)

Welcome, James. I am much encouraged by your introduction. One day, maybe, I will be able to call you "Brother James Jnr". (We already have a "Brother James".)

The path to True Christianity is long and, for those of weaker faith, arduous but the joys and rewards are eternal.

A life spent in the praise of God has more value than a life dedicated to anything else - policemen, firemen, doctors, aid-workers, even Republican politicians are lower than those who preach the word and draw in souls for Jesus.

As His birthday approaches and signals the start of His journey to His temporary death and that grave and then beyond, we too must see death as a doorway and see that we are prepared for His return.

What have you done today of which Jesus would be proud (if pride were not sinful)?

MitzaLizalor 12-15-2017 10:43 AM

Hello .:). Welcome to Landover.

Deuteronomy is a great book as is Joshua where the promises made to Moses were fulfilled.
DEUTERONOMY 31 .KJV . look up
And Moses called unto Joshua, and said unto him in the sight of all Israel, Be strong and of a good courage: for thou must go with this people unto the land which the LORD hath sworn unto their fathers to give them; and thou shalt cause them to inherit it.
But despite almost incessant miracles over many decades the wretched Israelites couldn't wait to make new idols or adopt foreign ones and we all know what happens when people start worshipping idols. God becomes very angry. Joshua knew what was required in that situation. Explain the consequences and give the people a choice.
JOSHUA 24 .KJV . look up
If ye forsake the LORD, and serve strange gods, then he will turn and do you hurt, and consume you, after that he hath done you good.
21 And the people said unto Joshua, Nay; but we will serve the LORD.
Like Joshua, Jesus has made the consequences of rejecting His love known to us. Christians have responded in the affirmative. "Yes, Jesus, we will obey you and do everything you say." The Israelites had imperfect sacrifices and so often backslid into idolatry and heathen. Now, with The Perfect Sacrifice, backsliding is impossible. Yet still so many choose the heathen and turn their backs on God.
III JOHN 1 .KJV . look up
Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.