The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Auntie Flo's Prayer Shack for Women (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Advice on Spinning (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=89227)

Mary Thompson 04-15-2013 10:37 AM

Advice on Spinning

Hello, Ladies, because I am heavily pregnant, the rest of my family are away so they don't have to be present during the birth, as you know idle hands are the Devil's work, so I was looking for some new hobbies that will benefit the family, Miss MitzaLator gave me the idea that I could start spinning, I liked the idea and found my old spinning wheel which I have never even used, I have done some research on how to spin but you have any advice on how to do it best? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Yours In Christ,
Mary Thompson.

Basilissa 04-15-2013 02:33 PM

Re: Advice on Spinning

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Thompson (Post 994909)
Hello, Ladies, because I am heavily pregnant, the rest of my family are away so they don't have to be present during the birth, as you know idle hands are the Devil's work, so I was looking for some new hobbies that will benefit the family, Miss MitzaLator gave me the idea that I could start spinning, I liked the idea and found my old spinning wheel which I have never even used, I have done some research on how to spin but you have any advice on how to do it best? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Yours In Christ,
Mary Thompson.

Dear Mary,

I think that spinning is a marvelous idea! If you find the spinning wheel too complicated (as I do), may I recommend hand spinning? It does take longer, but it is much more practical: you can take the spindle with you everywhere (e.g., continue spinning when you visit another Christian woman - all that chat and no work is so ungodly), and you can easily switch from "S" to "Z" twist if necessary.

Here is a picture of a woman using hand spindle:

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-ge...0/PER-1476.jpg

Paragon of virtue 04-15-2013 03:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I always come to the site and check the 'new posts' section, so sometimes I wind up in 'the Prayer Shack for Women' without even thinking. When I read Sister Mary's original post I was shocked and thought that the Devil had actually entered her body, as he did in the case of Judas, and was sending her into a life of rebellious nigra music....while pregnant no less:nono:...Thank God this was not the case but please be careful, you don't want your unborn child to be cursed!

Here is a picture of the Godless, Hell-bound, Nigress "musician", Spinderella--no doubt ruining a superior album at her mix table:

august 04-15-2013 03:04 PM

:innocent:

The internet does have many ungodly things, but then on the other hand, some good. There are several helpful looking videos - one

http://youtu.be/kehANDKStvs

Holly Graham 04-15-2013 08:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh sister, I am glad to hear that you are spinning yarn! What a Holy treat for your family.

Sadly,the first thing that came to mind was these awful-looking fornication machines found at what seculars call "health clubs." Why anyone would need to go to a club to have health, when the Lord provides us with all the health we need is beyond me. (Jeremiah 33:6)

MitzaLizalor 04-16-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHolly (Post 995023)
Oh sister, I am glad to hear that you are spinning yarn! What a Holy treat for your family.

Sadly,the first thing that came to mind was these awful-looking fornication machines found at what seculars call "health clubs." Why anyone would need to go to a club to have health, when the Lord provides us with all the health we need is beyond me. (Jeremiah 33:6)

It amazes me, why anyone would PAY to ride a bike that doesn't go anywhere ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

I do actually have a bicycle and ride to the shops.
Since I live in the mountains it's downhill all the way there
w h e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e . . .. ..o·ò
but uphill all the way home with a bagful on my back

It keeps me healthy I think. Unless they want to ogle one another in which case just go and hang around the nearest Italian motorcycle showroom there's usually plenty of perverts there, especially at night. That's free too. If anyone's got too much money though, why not commence a tithing plan? There's a suitable button around somewhere, not that I'd expect the heathen to be able to find it in which case just pm Rev'd Jim Osborne or Pastor Ezekiel and I'm sure they'll direct you as appropriate.

Thank you for posting the Jeremiah, I've just read of the chapter (v.8 was particularly reassuring) it is most appropriate and I think I'll read the whole book now with my coffee to remind myself just how much God Hates Sin.

Basilissa 04-16-2013 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor (Post 995092)
It amazes me, why anyone would PAY to ride a bike that doesn't go anywhere

I agree!

Quote:

I do actually have a bicycle and ride to the shops.
Same here. Snow has FINALLY melted in Michigan, so I ride my bike everywhere. (I know crazy people who keep riding during winter months, but I'm not suicidal).

Quote:

Since I live in the mountains it's downhill all the way there
w h e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e . . .. ..o·ò
but uphill all the way home with a bagful on my back
Ouch, I know what you mean :) During my recent trip to Hawaii I had the very bright idea to ride a bicycle to the top of a volcano... Wow, I cannot even imagine doing that with bag of groceries! (Michigan is boringly flat, so I don't have much of up/down riding here, except for a few occasional moraines and eskers. No real mountains, though).

Pastor Ezekiel 04-16-2013 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by august (Post 994952)
:innocent:

The internet does have many ungodly things, but then on the other hand, some good. There are several helpful looking videos - one

http://youtu.be/kehANDKStvs

You know who advocates "spinning?" Filthy lezbeans and witches, that's who! :threaten:

Nobar King 04-16-2013 04:15 AM

I was going to post a photo that I saw of a perverted bicycle sex machine but I decided that it was too racy for this forum. Suffice to say that women should not ride bicycles.

Holly Graham 04-16-2013 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobar King (Post 995120)
I was going to post a photo that I saw of a perverted bicycle sex machine but I decided that it was too racy for this forum. Suffice to say that women should not ride bicycles.

Sir, did you see the horrid picture I found of women riding these fornication machines, above? I'm still very upset with the image.

Nobar King 04-16-2013 04:20 AM

It was worse than that.

Mary Thompson 04-16-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paragon of virtue (Post 994951)
I always come to the site and check the 'new posts' section, so sometimes I wind up in 'the Prayer Shack for Women' without even thinking. When I read Sister Mary's original post I was shocked and thought that the Devil had actually entered her body, as he did in the case of Judas, and was sending her into a life of rebellious nigra music....while pregnant no less:nono:...Thank God this was not the case but please be careful, you don't want your unborn child to be cursed!

Here is a picture of the Godless, Hell-bound, Nigress "musician", Spinderella--no doubt ruining a superior album at her mix table:

No, no, that is not the spinning I meant, that Satan-inspired nigra music has nothing to do with it, and I pray the Devil does not enter me.
YIC
Mary Thompson.

Alexandria Puckett 04-17-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Thompson (Post 995128)
No, no, that is not the spinning I meant, that Satan-inspired nigra music has nothing to do with it, and I pray the Devil does not enter me.
YIC
Mary Thompson.

Oh my goodness, I'm so glad you cleared that up, Mrs. Thompson! I was so confused as to why spinning could be bad, but I didn't really want to question Pastor Ezekiel, so I didn't say a word. I completely forgot that was a tyoe of....well, not music really, but ha. The only thing that comes to mind really is, well, actually spinning. I feel silly!
Mrs. Thompson, if you ever for whatever reason find yourself in North Cypress, come and see me! We'll tend babies and do a crafty day! Make some clothes for all the twins! :innocent: Maybe John can take Mr Thompson bowling or hunting.

Mary Thompson 04-17-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexandria Puckett (Post 995471)
Oh my goodness, I'm so glad you cleared that up, Mrs. Thompson! I was so confused as to why spinning could be bad, but I didn't really want to question Pastor Ezekiel, so I didn't say a word. I completely forgot that was a tyoe of....well, not music really, but ha. The only thing that comes to mind really is, well, actually spinning. I feel silly!
Mrs. Thompson, if you ever for whatever reason find yourself in North Cypress, come and see me! We'll tend babies and do a crafty day! Make some clothes for all the twins! :innocent: Maybe John can take Mr Thompson bowling or hunting.

Silly me, I did not mean to say music, forgive me, I didn't know any other word I could use to describe it, apoligies for the misunderstanding, for only songs relating to Jesus can really be called music.
If I ever bump into your area somehow, I'll be sure to visit! Spinning is actually really fun (Godly fun that is), I enjoy being resourceful and recommend it :thumbsup:.
YIC
Mary Thompson.

MitzaLizalor 04-17-2013 10:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 995102)
You know who advocates "spinning?" Filthy lezbeans and witches, that's who! :threaten:

As if in response to your post New Zealand (where that pedal-spinning-wheel in the linked video was made) introduces sodomist weddings for all sexes including a comment that if it's now OK for 2 women to get married, why not 3 women? and the spokes"person" replied that there was no reason. I will not be reading their act of patliament to check the wording.

However perhaps it might be better to avoid the spinning wheel I've been rather clumsy this week :( and concentrate on sewing. I have a cool early model here and some nice material.

The 1888 model is better, but they're getting hard to find now (nobody wants to sell them). I've had this one all my life and learned to sew on it when I was 4, it has all the attachments and can do just about anything a modern machine will do. Some people put electric motors on them but I prefer the treadle, more control over the action. I've made a reversible baby wrap cerise on one side for a girl and electric blue (with tortoises and spots) on the otherside for a boy. There's a purple chiffon belt thing with silver threads too. Sadly the material shop has burned down. I get quite excited when choosing patterns and sewing them up, but there's another shop in the city.

This is an American sewing machine. I think it should be safe to use.

Interestingly, concerning the recent news, I still have some Falkland Islands wool here if anyone would like some, it's not ideal for hand spinning though. Not too bad mixed with a rare breed such as Jacob's sheep.

Alexandria Puckett 04-18-2013 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor (Post 995482)
As if in response to your post New Zealand (where that pedal-spinning-wheel in the linked video was made) introduces sodomist weddings for all sexes including a comment that if it's now OK for 2 women to get married, why not 3 women? and the spokes"person" replied that there was no reason. I will not be reading their act of patliament to check the wording.

However perhaps it might be better to avoid the spinning wheel I've been rather clumsy this week :( and concentrate on sewing. I have a cool early model here and some nice material.

The 1888 model is better, but they're getting hard to find now (nobody wants to sell them). I've had this one all my life and learned to sew on it when I was 4, it has all the attachments and can do just about anything a modern machine will do. Some people put electric motors on them but I prefer the treadle, more control over the action. I've made a reversible baby wrap cerise on one side for a girl and electric blue (with tortoises and spots) on the otherside for a boy. There's a purple chiffon belt thing with silver threads too. Sadly the material shop has burned down. I get quite excited when choosing patterns and sewing them up, but there's another shop in the city.

Interestingly, concerning the recent news, I still have some Falkland Islands wool here if anyone would like some, it's not ideal for hand spinning though. Not too bad mixed with a rare breed such as Jacob's sheep.

Oooh vintage singer! I just received a little modern singer a while back. But you have to be very careful to only use ONE leg on them old heavy foot pedals, no matter how tiresome. Otherwise thighs will rub and....lets just say there was a reason they were banned from all-female factories back in the day. :innocent:

MitzaLizalor 04-18-2013 06:49 AM

http://u8353.direct.atpic.com/39024/0/2663437/0.png

There is another lovely dye for a boy, called ultramarine. As far as I know it does not come from France and has nothing to do with neo-pagan priestess cults (or whatever those nitwits think they're doing in the forest) so hopefully The Pastors will be happier with this product for the sons of The Church. It's made from lapis lazuli.

Mary Thompson 04-18-2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor (Post 995482)

So should I drop spinning and solely focus on sewing (And the Lord of course :wub:)? It isn't long before my birth, I want to keep Satan as far as possible from my little ones.
YIC
Mary Thompson.

MitzaLizalor 04-18-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Thompson (Post 995730)
So should I drop spinning and solely focus on sewing (And the Lord of course :wub:)? It isn't long before my birth, I want to keep Satan as far as possible from my little ones.
YIC
Mary Thompson.

Your babies are already brim full of sin. As you will recall it was in sin that you conceived your twins and as they take shape in you—or in iniquity, which is the same thing—they are soaking up that very iniquity through the pores of their skin. Even King David, certainly a Godly man, knew this about himself. When vile Bathsheba started parading herself in that bathtub outside his window on the roof in the sun all covered with bubbles he sinned, yes. But sinned because of his mother. God recalls King David's words when Nathan the prophet came unto him, (after he had gone in to Bathsheba).
PSALM 51
Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
Where did this iniquity come from?
From the mother:
5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
KJV
Do you imagine that whether God has predestined your twins to everlasting delight in Heaven praising Jesus or to torment and suffering beyond our ability to comprehend, searing pain over and over and over again, anguish, grief, remorse, wailing and grinding of the lower jaw to such an extent against the upper that the whole teeth are gnashed to shards with smoke belching from them forever and ever—a status that is already branded indelibly upon them, whichever one it is, and has been branded upon them from before the beginning of time—will be influenced by your choice of spinning wheel?

As long as you don't do any heavy plying it should be possible to use only one leg but Jesus does have a suggestion, more of a Commandment really, concerning what to do if you are troubled by a surplus hand or foot Matthew 18:8 however that will have no impact on the fate of your little ones.

Now that the material shop has burned down, I am having trouble finding a cerise belt/wrap/tie thing for this - see, I've looped the blue one over the coat hanger for the boy and there's buttons at the bottom and a loop to adjust it it's a sort of overcoat/wrap, reversible boy/girl thing and just when I went to get the girl's belt the fire was.

Spinning is quite relaxing in the cooler weather by the fire. I can't see a problem.

Mary Thompson 04-18-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor (Post 995742)
Your babies are already brim full of sin. As you will recall it was in sin that you conceived your twins and as they take shape in you—or in iniquity, which is the same thing—they are soaking up that very iniquity through the pores of their skin. Even King David, certainly a Godly man, knew this about himself. When vile Bathsheba started parading herself in that bathtub outside his window on the roof in the sun all covered with bubbles he sinned, yes. But sinned because of his mother. God recalls King David's words when Nathan the prophet came unto him, (after he had gone in to Bathsheba).
PSALM 51
2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
Where did this iniquity come from?
From the mother:
5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
KJV

Do you imagine that whether God has predestined your twins to everlasting delight in Heaven praising Jesus or to torment and suffering beyond our ability to comprehend, searing pain over and over and over again, anguish, grief, remorse, wailing and grinding of the lower jaw to such an extent against the upper that the whole teeth are gnashed to shards with smoke belching from them forever and ever—a status that is already branded indelibly upon them, whichever one it is, and has been branded upon them from before the beginning of time—will be influenced by your choice of spinning wheel?

As long as you don't do any heavy plying it should be possible to use only one leg but Jesus does have a suggestion, more of a Commandment really, concerning what to do if you are troubled by a surplus hand or foot Matthew 18:8 however that will have no impact on the fate of your little ones.

Now that the material shop has burned down, I am having trouble finding a cerise belt/wrap/tie thing for this - see, I've looped the blue one over the coat hanger for the boy and there's buttons at the bottom and a loop to adjust it it's a sort of overcoat/wrap, reversible boy/girl thing and just when I went to get the girl's belt the fire was.

Spinning is quite relaxing in the cooler weather by the fire. I can't see a problem.

You make me sound rather silly, Miss MitzaLisalor.
I know that it is not the choice over a spinning wheel will impact whether a child goes to:
:innocent:HEAVEN:innocent:
or to:
:devil:HELL:devil:
And I know that children are born in sin (Psalms 51: 5), I am just wanting advice so I know I am not going into a demon-infested path, when having children you get instincts to protect them from Satan's evil ways.
YIC
Mary Thompson.