The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The Thrifty Christian (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Antique Battle-Axe For Sale (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=97521)

curious1 04-19-2014 02:38 AM

Re: Antique Battle-Axe For Sale

And how do you know He gave you the green light? Wouldn't it be better not to do it, in case you are wrong and go to hell?

Witch Hammer 04-19-2014 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curious1 (Post 1082797)
Wouldn't it be better not to do it, in case you are wrong and go to hell?

No. When the Spirit moves, it is best to act immediately with little or no forethought. Jesus would NEVER allow a True Christian™ to operate outside the bounds of His will, thus hellfire is of no concern to God's elite. Any more questions?

Didymus Much 04-19-2014 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curious1 (Post 1082797)
And how do you know He gave you the green light? Wouldn't it be better not to do it, in case you are wrong and go to hell?

They're not interested in your what-if games (which are naught but a thinly disguised attempt to get them to question their faith :nono:).

This forum is about the answers left for us in the King James Bible. If your question is not covered in there, it's because it's not necessary information for your salvation, and thus is not suitable for discussion here.

curious1 04-19-2014 07:34 AM

So God's now instructing you to shoot random people that haven't done anything wrong?

Witch Hammer 04-19-2014 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curious1 (Post 1082834)
So God's now instructing you to shoot random people that haven't done anything wrong?

There is nothing random about who Jesus chooses to kill, or by what means. Haven't you been paying attention, guttersnipe?

Cranky Old Man 04-19-2014 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curious1 (Post 1082834)

That you are too stupid to understand God's plan doesn't mean God doesn't have a plan. God has a a plan. Everything that happens, happens because God wants it to happen. If a baby is born in Africa, dies from hunger or disease in a few days and then burns in Hell for all eternity for refusing to worship Jesus, it's part of God's plan. When I accidentally shot an IRA agent a few years ago it felt like an accident to me, but to God it's all part of His plan. Even my extremely annoying neighbor Mrs. Johnsson, who stole Witch Hammer's mother-in-law from me, is part of God's plan. I am certain my current suffering will only make living in Heaven for all eternity more enjoyable. Which is also why I burn my eyes reading the nonsense you post and hurt my fingers posting a proper reply. It feels like I am completely wasting my time, but it's all part of God's plan!

Ex-Primordial Dwarf 04-30-2014 06:05 PM

Who runs Barter Town?:wub:

Witch Hammer 04-30-2014 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ex-Primordial Dwarf (Post 1085381)
Who runs Barter Town?:wub:

Jesus runs Barter Town, idiot!:angry:

JimmiGerman 05-15-2014 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man (Post 1082860)
That you are too stupid to understand God's plan doesn't mean God doesn't have a plan. God has a a plan. Everything that happens, happens because God wants it to happen. If a baby is born in Africa, dies from hunger or disease in a few days and then burns in Hell for all eternity for refusing to worship Jesus, it's part of God's plan. When I accidentally shot an IRA agent a few years ago it felt like an accident to me, but to God it's all part of His plan. Even my extremely annoying neighbor Mrs. Johnsson, who stole Witch Hammer's mother-in-law from me, is part of God's plan. I am certain my current suffering will only make living in Heaven for all eternity more enjoyable. Which is also why I burn my eyes reading the nonsense you post and hurt my fingers posting a proper reply. It feels like I am completely wasting my time, but it's all part of God's plan!

Hmmm... I think it sounds a bit like a sermon of a popular islamic preacher (Pierre Vogel) here in Germany. He is native German (not an immigrant :D) and once converted to Islam. In his words everything that happens (tsunamis, earthquakes, any kind of desease etc.) is the will of Allah and those ones who have become victims of any of those misfortunes die as martyrs. But in my opinion, and If really everything happens, because God wants it to happen, in this case we should fear God much more than the devil himself...

PS ... sorry for my limited English, but fortunately this is an American forum, and, just to make friends, of course, I hope the South will rise again! :thumbsup:

Mary Etheldreda 05-15-2014 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmiGerman (Post 1088966)
Hmmm... I think it sounds a bit like a sermon of a popular islamic preacher (Pierre Vogel) here in Germany. He is native German (not an immigrant :D) and once converted to Islam. In his words everything that happens (tsunamis, earthquakes, any kind of desease etc.) is the will of Allah and those ones who have become victims of any of those misfortunes die as martyrs. But in my opinion, and If really everything happens, because God wants it to happen, in this case we should fear God much more than the devil himself...

PS ... sorry for my limited English, but fortunately this is an American forum, and, just to make friends, of course, I hope the South will rise again! :thumbsup:

That's silly. The Muslim god is an ancient pagan moon-god, a false-god, naught but the fantastic imaginings of a primitive people preserved to modern day. They're silly and their religion is silly. Besides, the Lord Almighty Himself is in control of all things (Lamentations 3:37).

JimmiGerman 05-15-2014 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 1088974)
That's silly. The Muslim god is an ancient pagan moon-god, a false-god, naught but the fantastic imaginings of a primitive people preserved to modern day. They're silly and their religion is silly. Besides, the Lord Almighty Himself is in control of all things (Lamentations 3:37).

Sure... you are certainly right, madam.

But if the Almighty is really in control of all things, why does he allow other religions to celebrate their monkey business? I thought, he was a jealous God, as I once was told... is this why all the earthquakes and tsunamis and hurricanes occur? This perhaps might be an explanation... He is unsatisfied with mankind... but then why all the disastrous hurricanes in the Gulf of Mexico and mid-west area of the US... ? :wacko:

Mary Etheldreda 05-15-2014 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmiGerman (Post 1088999)
Sure... you are certainly right, madam.

But if the Almighty is really in control of all things, why does he allow other religions to celebrate their monkey business? I thought, he was a jealous God, as I once was told... is this why all the earthquakes and tsunamis and hurricanes occur? This perhaps might be an explanation... He is unsatisfied with mankind... but then why all the disastrous hurricanes in the Gulf of Mexico and mid-west area of the US... ? :wacko:

He is a Jealous God (Exodus 34:14)! Rest assured, He will not suffer the offense of being ignored (Ezekiel 39:23; Matthew 25:41). But you have to remember, God gave us free will to choose to love and obey Him, or to choose to love and obey sin:

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
Romans 1:22-25

JimmiGerman 05-15-2014 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 1089004)
He is a Jealous God (Exodus 34:14)! Rest assured, He will not suffer the offense of being ignored (Ezekiel 39:23; Matthew 25:41). But you have to remember, God gave us free will to choose to love and obey Him, or to choose to love and obey sin:

Yes, That's exactly what the Mormon missionaries have told me, too. Freedom of decision-making. They have visited me so many times (most of them came from Utah, Idaho, California, Arizona, one came from Texas etc.) and invited me, but I didn't join the Sunday ceremony very often.

I'm not sure if I would agree so far with them and their belief and doctrine that I would let me baptise (as a convert). It's a very compulsory church. To be honest, I've been reading more in the Book of Mormon and DoC during the last years than I've ever done in the Bible when I still was a Protestant-Lutheran in the days of my youth here in Hamburg.

Okay - perhaps I can get some inspiration from here. This is my first day in these forums. Let me take an overview and sort myself out. Thanks for your kind advise.

Attila's Wife 05-15-2014 07:42 PM

At the risk of dragging this thread back on-topic, is this old lady even still alive?

I am praying for all True Christians™ involved in this whole sorry story,
YiC
AW
:jesus:

Marko Loimaan-Aho 05-15-2014 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmiGerman (Post 1089020)
Yes, That's exactly what the Mormon missionaries have told me, too. Freedom of decision-making. They have visited me so many times (most of them came from Utah, Idaho, California, Arizona, one came from Texas etc.) and invited me, but I didn't join the Sunday ceremony very often.

Don't listen those hormones, listen Christ!

:jesus: Lord almighty!!! He will give you what you deserve: "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every on may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath don, whether it be good or bad"

JimmiGerman 05-16-2014 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Attila's Wife (Post 1089021)
At the risk of dragging this thread back on-topic, is this old lady even still alive?

I am praying for all True Christians™ involved in this whole sorry story,
YiC
AW
:jesus:

Cranky Old Man wrote here at the beginning:
Quote:

My neighbor Mrs. Johnson keeps buying dogs faster than I can shoot those annoying creatures and your mother-in-law looks like she would be great at scaring dogs away. She would of course have to build her own place to sleep, grow her own foot and pay rent.
I mean, would it mind if she was dead or alive...? It's no matter wether dead or alive. For being a great scare at those pesky and stinking and annoying dogs I think it's enough to put her on the porch in a rocker, and this will do it for a while.

JimmiGerman 05-16-2014 01:10 PM

Cranky Old Man wrote here at the beginning:

Quote:

My neighbor Mrs. Johnson keeps buying dogs faster than I can shoot those annoying creatures and your mother-in-law looks like she would be great at scaring dogs away. She would of course have to build her own place to sleep, grow her own foot and pay rent.
You don't exactly tell about your location, is it Texas or Arizona...? Only "close to God"... but it must be a great place where it seems to be legal to take your old shotgun and blast them to hell, I mean if there is a hell for dogs. Here it's even problematic to throw a stone after them.

You see, I don't like dogs either. :bye: