The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Godly Politics (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Tennessee Declares: "Hand-holding is a Gateway to Sexual Activity!" (Hooray! Jesus Wins Again!!) (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=76584)

Pastor Ed Lowman 04-14-2012 11:36 AM

Tennessee Declares: "Hand-holding is a Gateway to Sexual Activity!" (Hooray! Jesus Wins Again!!)

With as much sin running rampant in this world as there is, it is mighty easy to forget that God is still at work in the world in his Republican Christian people. In this case, we have the wonderful news from Tennessee, a very Godly state where Jesus has remained not only in the science classrooms, but in sex education as well...

Here is the initial week before the bill passed...

http://www.wmctv.com/story/17353757/...exual-activity

Quote:

(WMC-TV) - Tennessee senators approved an update to the state's abstinence-based sex education law that includes warnings against "gateway sexual activity."

In a new family life instructions bill, holding hands and kissing could be considered gateways to sex. Planned Parenthood said that allowing state government to define local sex education curriculum could backfire.

According to a 2009 Youth Risk Behavior Study, 61 percent of Memphis City high school students and 27 percent of middle school students have had sex. That's higher than the national average.

Planned Parenthood said these numbers are why a new sex education bill promoting abstinence is not realistic.

"If the state of Tennessee gets to create the curriculum, it has to create something that umbrella reflects everyone," said Planned Parenthood Director of Education Elokin CaPese.

Tennessee House Bill 3621 and Senate Bill 3310 are currently up for debate.

In the bill, a uniformed policy on sex education is defined with terms like "gateway sexual activity." Also listed are statewide instructions on how to teach family life curriculum.

"It's not detailed enough in a health-based way," said CaPese.

The bill prohibits teachers from demonstrating gateway sexual activity. CaPese said that would include health education models.

"It makes it very clear that you can't promote contraception," said CaPese.

If an instructor goes beyond the curriculum, the bill gives parents more legal rights, stating, "The parent or legal guardian shall have a cause of action against the instructor or organization for actual damages."

"They can opt out, and that means that parents already have the power that we want them to have," said CaPese.

The bill goes before the House Education Committee next Tuesday.

I'm happy to report that the bill has indeed past, although liberals like these are venomously objecting.

Jesus has won, brethren! No more stupid contraception and one less gateway sin out there to snag our young people! Sweet victory, Jesus!

An exuberant,

Pastor Ed

handmaiden 04-14-2012 12:25 PM

Re: Tennessee Declares: "Hand-holding is a Gateway to Sexual Activity!" (Hooray! Jesus Wins Again!!)

Oh, I was so disappointed by this story. I thought that the State of Tennessee had made hand holding between two people of the same sex illegal.

While I appreciate that a boy and girl holding hands is only a hop, skip and a jump from the sin of fornication, at least when a proper heterosexual couple is denied access to birth control information they can always get married if they stumble through the direct gateway from sweaty palms to unlawful coitus.

When gays hold hands AIDS is spread throughout the community to anything that their palms pass over. Why haven't they put a stop to this? Tennessee is becoming very lax in upholding God's Standards. They need to tighten their notches if they want to stay in the Bible Belt.

Disapprovingly Yours,

Handmaiden

handmaiden 04-14-2012 12:27 PM

Re: Tennessee Declares: "Hand-holding is a Gateway to Sexual Activity!" (Hooray! Jesus Wins Again!!)

Oh dear! I just had a thought! As the Handmaiden, I, of all people, know the importance of digital chastity.

SUV 04-14-2012 12:34 PM

JESUS always drives them in Tennessee!

Possibly aided by the fact that at least half the people there bear the Godly name of Joshua and so realize that they are Special unto Him :thumbsup:

Johny Joe Hold 04-14-2012 09:26 PM

If there is anything we True Christians™ need to do more of, it is to increase our vigilance of sexual attractions, homer and straight.

Most people, like our President, are not concerned about moral conduct. People are having sex all over this country, and he acts like that is just fine. All he wants to do is make government bigger, which is a sin in and of itself.

Tennessee represents a model all of our country should follow.

WilliamJenningsBryan 04-15-2012 05:42 AM

Quote:

According to a 2009 Youth Risk Behavior Study, 61 percent of Memphis City high school students and 27 percent of middle school students have had sex. That's higher than the national average.

Planned Parenthood said these numbers are why a new sex education bill promoting abstinence is not realistic.
Isn't it just like Planned Parenthood (code word for "free" contraception) to start a hew and cry. One more attempt to thwart God's just punishment for wanton fornication – getting knocked up and having bastard children.

SUV 04-15-2012 02:11 PM

This has got me Wondering....is it S-I-N to hold your own hands in the very cold weather to warm them up? :o

Roberta 04-16-2012 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUV (Post 871665)
This has got me Wondering....is it S-I-N to hold your own hands in the very cold weather to warm them up? :o

It depends upon what you intend to do with those "warm hands".

SUV 04-16-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roberta (Post 872111)
It depends upon what you intend to do with those "warm hands".

Just to be CERTAIN® I guess I'd better continue warming them over a steaming loaf fresh-Baked, Ezekiel-approved Dungbread :thumbsup:

Pastor Ed Lowman 04-16-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUV (Post 872234)
Just to be CERTAIN® I guess I'd better continue warming them over a steaming loaf fresh-Baked, Ezekiel-approved Dungbread :thumbsup:

And that reverential spirit of caution, dear, is what makes you the wonderful True Christian™ Princess that you are. :thumbsup:

At this rate of godliness spreading among lawmakers, it shouldn't be long until a new line of barrel-like women's clothing makes it to the department stores in many retail chains across the nation just like at Soulwinner's Mall in downtown Freehold.

Pastor Ed

SUV 04-16-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ed Lowman (Post 872241)
At this rate of godliness spreading among lawmakers, it shouldn't be long until a new line of barrel-like women's clothing makes it to the department stores in many retail chains across the nation just like at Soulwinner's Mall in downtown Freehold.

Pastor Ed

Pastor, I can't wait! I'm so tired of the "sack" look :(

Bobby-Joe 04-16-2012 03:21 PM

I applaud the state of Tennessee for taking such a bold stand against wickedness. It's well know that hand holding with members of the opposite sex leads directly to homosexuality, bestiality and the necrophilia. We have ALL seen the evidence at Church.

Also, we can get a ruling is holding your own hands masturbation?