The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   General Church Fellowship (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Women have more ribs than men! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=58862)

loveforchrist 01-31-2011 03:26 AM

Women have more ribs than men!

I got into a dispute with a dirty atheist heathen today, because he claimed (falsely) that both men and women have the same skeletal structures. THE BIBLE SAYS DIFFERENTLY! Look for yourself.

Genesis 2:21-22 - 21 And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; 22 And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

The lord took a rib from Adam and gave it to Eve, and from that point women had more bones. This could be why women have so much trouble doing real work, their ribs restrict their movement! Men have less ribs in the way so we have the freedom to run around and play football. Women stay at home and cook because that's the only thing their bodies can do!

Brother Enoch 01-31-2011 05:09 AM

Re: Women have more ribs than men!

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveforchrist (Post 685661)
Women stay at home and cook because that's the only thing their bodies can do!

Well, that's not entirely true. They also make fine incubators for our sons.

As for the cooking part, my wife is an Eskimo. Her idea of cooking is throwing a slab of meat in the freezer for 6 hours then taking it out and handing me a chisel. :unsure:

loveforchrist 01-31-2011 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Enoch (Post 685703)
Well, that's not entirely true. They also make fine incubators for our sons.

As for the cooking part, my wife is an Eskimo. Her idea of cooking is throwing a slab of meat in the freezer for 6 hours then taking it out and handing me a chisel. :unsure:

Well, a more stable rib cage could also help hold a baby.

And if your wife is making you cook, you should teach her a lesson!

1 Corinthians 11:3

Brother Enoch 01-31-2011 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveforchrist (Post 685704)
Well, a more stable rib cage could also help hold a baby.

And if your wife is making you cook, you should teach her a lesson!

1 Corinthians 11:3

Well, I tried to teach her how to cook, but she set the house on fire boiling eggs. What would happen if she attempted toast? :fear2:

Did I mention she's an Eskimo?

One has to accept the limitations of your spouse when you marry the profoundly retarded.

loveforchrist 01-31-2011 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Enoch (Post 685708)
Well, I tried to teach her how to cook, but she set the house on fire boiling eggs. What would happen if she attempted toast? :fear2:

Did I mention she's an Eskimo?

One has to accept the limitations of your spouse when you marry the profoundly retarded.

Just make sure she knows what a failure she is and how little she means to you. In order to be a compassionate husband you must make sure your wife knows her place!

Rev. M. Rodimer 01-31-2011 05:35 AM

Quote:

I got into a dispute with a dirty atheist heathen today, because he claimed (falsely) that both men and women have the same skeletal structures. THE BIBLE SAYS DIFFERENTLY! Look for yourself.

Genesis 2:21-22 - 21 And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; 22 And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

The lord took a rib from Adam and gave it to Eve, and from that point women had more bones. This could be why women have so much trouble doing real work, their ribs restrict their movement! Men have less ribs in the way so we have the freedom to run around and play football. Women stay at home and cook because that's the only thing their bodies can do!

Tell me, if God smites a man in a car wreck and he loses a finger, and then the man goes on to father a child, does the child have only 9 fingers? Of course not.

Physical damage to a parent is not inherited by the offspring.

Adam having a rib removed does not mean Cain would be missing a rib, and the Bible gives no indication that men have fewer ribs than women.

loveforchrist 01-31-2011 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. M. Rodimer (Post 685713)
LFC, you seem to be "interpreting".

Tell me, if God smites a man in a car wreck and he loses a finger, and then the man goes on to father a child, does the child have only 9 fingers? Of course not.

Physical damage to a parent is not inherited by the offspring.

Adam having a rib removed does not mean Cain would be missing a rib, and the Bible gives no indication that men have fewer ribs than women.

If I didn't know better -- and I'm not exactly certain that I do -- I'd suspect you were here to mock God. :glare: I hope I am mistaken.

You are very mistaken. But unless I am very mistaken, Adam and Eve are the models for all men and women. For example, BECAUSE of Eve's sin, women have to do all the house work and go through the pain of childbirth. This is something that happened to EVE herself but it is carried on through all women. So, doesn't it make sense that since what Adam and Eve did in life effects us today, their bodies would too? I mean, the species NEVER changes! You don't believe in EVILution do you?

Brother Enoch 01-31-2011 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveforchrist (Post 685710)
Just make sure she knows what a failure she is and how little she means to you.

I'm sorry to have given the wrong impression Rev, Rodimer, she means a lot to me. In fact she means the world to me. She's given me 3 sons, none of whom are retarded like she is. She's like a much-loved pet. My sons and I all treat her with love, and I've taught my daughters to as well. She can't help her mental deficiencies and we all try to make her feel normal. Though she does get confused and distressed whenever my children and I talk. But when that happens I just put in a DVD of America's Funniest Home Videos and she's happy again.

Quote:

In order to be a compassionate husband you must make sure your wife knows her place!
Oh, she does. She's great at cleaning and laundry (and bedroom duties). I just don't let her anywhere near the stove.

Rev. M. Rodimer 01-31-2011 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveforchrist (Post 685717)
You are very mistaken. But unless I am very mistaken, Adam and Eve are the models for all men and women. For example, BECAUSE of Eve's sin, women have to do all the house work and go through the pain of childbirth. This is something that happened to EVE herself but it is carried on through all women. So, doesn't it make sense that since what Adam and Eve did in life effects us today, their bodies would too? I mean, the species NEVER changes! You don't believe in EVILution do you?

I suggest you count the ribs on a man and on a woman, and stop your nonsense.

Mockery of God will not be tolerated here. This is a Christian church discussion forum, not your little playground. :threaten:

Rev. M. Rodimer 01-31-2011 07:06 AM

Please show me where the Bible says humans are made in Adam's image.

loveforchrist 01-31-2011 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. M. Rodimer (Post 685758)
Please show me where the Bible says humans are made in Adam's image.

Genesis 3:14-19

You see, the serpent was punished for his sin and God made him crawl in the dirt for the rest of eternity, which serpents still do. So, what happened to that one first serpent effected all serpents. Now we move on to Eve. Because of her sin, God gives her the the pain of childbearing, and makes her the property of her husband, both of which are still true today. Now, Adam. Because of Adam's sin he has to work in the fields and hunt to get food forever, and that is still how men have to get food. Adam's actions set the basis for the whole human race. These first to humans modeled what humans would be like centuries later. Again, that is my take on it, you may have a different one.

Levi Jones 01-31-2011 07:30 AM

Quote:

I remember my mother once saying that women have one more rib than a man, therefore proving Genesis.