The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Favorite Bible Verses (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   DEUTERONOMY 22:28 If a woman is raped, she MUST marry her rapist. (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=4419)

Pastor Billy-Reuben 09-07-2007 01:42 AM

Re: DEUTERONOMY 22:28 If a woman is raped, she MUST marry her rap

Father Thomas Martin: That's why I can't stand you heretic dogs! You don't know the least thing about what Jesus said, and you're trying to take everything literally which he did metaphorically!
:huh:
Jesus said it, I believe it, that settles it. What more is there to "understand" about it.

You don't believe the story of Jesus is to be taken literally, and you call us heretic dogs?

Father Thomas Martin: You twist scripture to suit your own purpose-just like Satan! (Check Matthew 4:6 to see how Satan does that)
We are reading the plain message right out of the Bible, and you "interpret" it to your liking. Now who is the one twisting scripture again?

You aren't fooling anyone here, Satanist.

Pastor Billy-Reuben

SalvationSeeker 09-07-2007 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Father Thomas Martin (Post 93326)
That's why I can't stand you heretic dogs! You don't know the least thing about what Jesus said, and you're trying to take everything literally which he did metaphorically!

So why don't you tell us how Matthew 23:9 is to be "correctly interpretated" (according to you) then? :haha:

And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
Matthew 23:9

According to you, just what is Jesus commanding there if not, quite literally: "CALL NO MAN YOUR FATHER UPON THE EARTH"?
Or is it the other part you don't like, do you doubt that the true Father is in Heaven? :glare:

Quote:

You twist scripture to suit your own purpose-just like Satan! (Check Matthew 4:6 to see how Satan does that)
Yeah, right.. we are the ones twisting scripture.. :rolleyes:
Give your answer to the above question and thus let everyone here see who's really twisting scripture..

Oh, and answer what this "really means" too..
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above,
Or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
Exodus 20:4

So that is NOT saying that we shouldn't make statues and such?
So what is this really a methapor for? I take it you have some kind of excuse since cathylick "churches" are LITTERED with statues... :thumbdown:

BTW You still haven't answered a previous question:
WHERE in the Bible are we told to pray to "saints" and Mary instead of Jesus? Chapter and verse, thank you!

Also, WHERE in the Bible does it say that clergy are not allown to marry?
Chapter and verse! :angry:

In short: You cathylicks praise everything EXCEPT God.
You praise Mary. You praise "saints". You praise the pope. You praise your priests. You praise wafers. You praise wine. You praise your own traditions. You praise "mother church". You praise idols. You praise "holy water"...
To ALL that is yours, you give glory. Yet you have NONE for God Himself!

I am the LORD: that is my name:
And my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.
Isaiah 42:8

Pastor Rune Enoe 09-07-2007 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Father Thomas Martin (Post 93326)
That's why I can't stand you heretic dogs! You don't know the least thing about what Jesus said, and you're trying to take everything literally which he did metaphorically!

You twist scripture to suit your own purpose-just like Satan! (Check Matthew 4:6 to see how Satan does that)

Pot. Kettle. Black. You're the one who's twisting scripture. And then you refuse to answer the most simple questions. Let's look at the verse in context, shall we:

Matthew 23:1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
Matthew 23:2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
Matthew 23:3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.
Matthew 23:4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.
Matthew 23:5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,
Matthew 23:6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,
Matthew 23:7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.
Matthew 23:8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.
Matthew 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
Matthew 23:10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.
Matthew 23:11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

This is a powerful rebuke of the scribes, Pharisees and FALSE Christians. You should not seek worldly honors, fancy garments or high seats. Since we are all True Christian™ soldiers and brethren, no single person should assume honorific titles like "Rabbi", "Father" or "Master".

Jesus finishes by saying "he that is greatest among you shall be your servant". How does that compare with your Pope (which means "Father" in Latin), who wears a triple crown and lets himself be carried around sitting in "the chief seats"?

The worst part of your blasphemies is where you're portraying Jesus as a moron. According to your twisted reading, Jesus allows me to call my mother "Mother", but not to call my father "Father". Is that the sick way you interpret this verse?

I asked you before, and I'll ask you again: Do you really think Jesus is an utter fool, who takes umbrage at us if we call our own father "Father".

Yes or no? :jesus:

Father Thomas Martin 09-08-2007 04:57 AM

Umm...if you misinterpret it to say priests shouldn't be called Father, I present an argument equally logical to yours.

SalvationSeeker 09-08-2007 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Father Thomas Martin (Post 93665)
Umm...if you misinterpret it to say priests shouldn't be called Father, I present an argument equally logical to yours.

:rofl: Lol.. You're as good at logic as you are good at the Bible! So you ARE literal father to your congregation then?
Cause THAT was your argument.. That many calls their male parent for "father".
Are you the male parent of everyone in your congregation? YES or NO?
:thumbdown:

You don't really interpretate this verse at all, it seems.
You simply ignore it completely - since you claimed it doesn't apply to male parents, and now you claim it doesn't apply to priests.
SO WHO'M DOES IT APPLY TO?

BTW..
Mention a priest in the Holy Bible, that is ever referred to as "Father" by his congregation.
Infact; Christians don't even have priests in the Bible! That's the joos!
We have Pastors & Deacons and such. NOT priests.

Now answer our questions and stop beating around the bush, you altarboy-raping idolater! :angry:

Brother Temperance 09-08-2007 02:10 PM

Quote:

No. Unless you're Jesus, God is not your biological father, so He's obviously not talking in a biological sense. If you're a Christian, however, He is your spiritual Father, so He is giving us a handy warning that anyone else claiming to be a spiritual Father is a usurper and of Satan. Sound familiar, padre?

Pastor Rune Enoe 09-08-2007 07:54 PM

Quote:

Is this your roundabout way of admitting that you haven't presented any arguments yet?

Rachael Van Helsing 09-10-2007 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revrggreen (Post 92427)
28If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;
29Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

This passage cannot be more clear, and it is one many women seem to ignore, and they shall burn in Hell for it!

A rape victim MUST marry her rapist, and the rape victim's father must be compensated for depreciation of his property.

Seems a fair trade, given that the woman would be soiled goods. What kind of real man would want to marry a rape victim anyways? It is disgusting.

What horrible things to say. Have you ever been the victim of a rapist? (And yes it can happen to men too). You haven't? Then shut up.

Passages like this just go to show how horrific the bible really is. How anyone can think that kind of thing is ok is just mind boggling.

Not to mention how sexist the bible is. Male chauvinists seem all too happy to hold onto the parts of the bible that make them feel more like a big macho man. I bet that if the bible leant more towards giving women domination, and said that every, oh, say third man born had to become a eunuch, you wouldn't be so quick to follow it then. You follow it because it suits you, no more.

Brother Temperance 09-10-2007 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachael Van Helsing (Post 94014)
What horrible things to say. Have you ever been the victim of a rapist? (And yes it can happen to men too). You haven't? Then shut up.

Have you died for my sins? No? Then stop trying to pick fights with Jesus.
Quote:

Not to mention how sexist the bible is. Male chauvinists seem all too happy to hold onto the parts of the bible that make them feel more like a big macho man. I bet that if the bible leant more towards giving women domination, and said that every, oh, say third man born had to become a eunuch, you wouldn't be so quick to follow it then.
And if I'd been born a chink, I'd think dogs were a tasty snack. What about it? And what about our many female members? I expect you're going to come out with some craziness about how Sister Templeton is actually a man now. :rolleyes:

Rachael Van Helsing 09-10-2007 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Temperance (Post 94017)
Have you died for my sins? No? Then stop trying to pick fights with Jesus.

Puh-lease. If a historical jesus even existed, I'm betting he'd have been an ordinary man who would have most likely thought a portable reading light to be magic. And the tv to be a miracle. :rolleyes:

Quote:

And if I'd been born a chink, I'd think dogs were a tasty snack. What about it? And what about our many female members? I expect you're going to come out with some craziness about how Sister Templeton is actually a man now. :rolleyes:
:hmmm: Well, seeing as I've never met her in person, I have only your and her word for that not being the case, don't I?

And your having female members doesn't make you less chauvinists, it only means that these poor ladies have been brainwashed their whole lives into believing that they are worth less than men, just because of some stupid old book that was written by stupid old men. :beee:

lord warrior 09-10-2007 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachael Van Helsing (Post 94014)

Passages like this just go to show how horrific the bible really is. How anyone can think that kind of thing is ok is just mind boggling.

Not to mention how sexist the bible is. Male chauvinists seem all too happy to hold onto the parts of the bible that make them feel more like a big macho man. I bet that if the bible leant more towards giving women domination, and said that every, oh, say third man born had to become a eunuch, you wouldn't be so quick to follow it then. You follow it because it suits you, no more.

And how do you define rape. The guy who was drunk and lies with you , but never calls you after. A true rape is one where sex was unwanted. For some heathen like you who worship sex, then I can imagen that you could b e truly raped, unless you are lesbo like so many of your kind. You must marry your sex partner, to avoid the sin of fornication and the wraith of living in sin and the birth of a bastard child. Of course many of your kind are baby killers, so that would matter now would it.
But let us now come to the real truth. Most women bring this sort of thing on. With there almost nude dress, the drinking and dancing. You are bringing this out on yourselves. Thats what the feminazi's cannot let be known. that women whip the young men into a frenzy with there harlot ways, and then complain when the men cannot control themselves from you wicked women ways. If you follow the biblical example, you would not be out at all times of the night and getting yourselves in trouble. You would stay at home nights, praying and reading the good book until you meet your godly husband in church. Then this would not happen.

Now before all the feminazi's start calling for my banning, I do admit that there are SOME real rapes. I understand that some of these nigra's can't control themselves around white women and that bad things do happen. But a lot of this rape crap would not happen if the young women of this country would just start behaving in a good christian manner.

Rachael Van Helsing 09-10-2007 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lord warrior (Post 94099)
And how do you define rape. The guy who was drunk and lies with you , but never calls you after. A true rape is one where sex was unwanted. For some heathen like you who worship sex, then I can imagen that you could b e truly raped, unless you are lesbo like so many of your kind. You must marry your sex partner, to avoid the sin of fornication and the wraith of living in sin and the birth of a bastard child. Of course many of your kind are baby killers, so that would matter now would it.

I define rape, you mooron, as a man forcing an unwilling woman to have sex with him against her will. Have you ever been to school? You do know 1+1=2, right?

Quote:

But let us now come to the real truth. Most women bring this sort of thing on. With there almost nude dress, the drinking and dancing. You are bringing this out on yourselves. Thats what the feminazi's cannot let be known. that women whip the young men into a frenzy with there harlot ways, and then complain when the men cannot control themselves from you wicked women ways. If you follow the biblical example, you would not be out at all times of the night and getting yourselves in trouble. You would stay at home nights, praying and reading the good book until you meet your godly husband in church. Then this would not happen.
Let me tell you right now, with that kind of attitude, you will never earn the love or interest of any woman.
It is not just women who wear skimpy clothes who are raped. It's ONE IN EVERY THREE women.
And learn to spell, your spelling confirms the 'you never went to school' theory. YOU'RE (that's how you spell the abbreviation of 'you are', by the way) an ignorant, silly man.

And I am already happily married to a heathen like me, a decent man who sees rape as what it truly is, a crime which is right up there with murder.

Quote:

ore all the feminazi's start calling for my banning, I do admit that there are SOME real rapes. I understand that some of these nigra's can't control themselves around white women and that bad things do happen. But a lot of this rape crap would not happen if the young women of this country would just start behaving in a good christian manner.
Unless you yourself are raped, you are in no position to pass judgement. But then again, you probably force yourself onto your inflatable doll every night, so if that poor doll could talk....

SalvationSeeker 09-10-2007 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachael Van Helsing (Post 94020)
Puh-lease. If a historical jesus even existed, I'm betting he'd have been an ordinary man who would have most likely thought a portable reading light to be magic. And the tv to be a miracle. :rolleyes:

And this comes from a stupid pagan, who believes in false religion created by people (and satan) who believed that the sun travels across the sky in a boat. :lol:
That the "planets" and stars were gods, that lightning was due to some bearded guy swinging a hammer around.. and so on and so on.
So you aren't really in a position to critisize anyone, heathen fool. :taunt:

Pastor Ezekiel 09-10-2007 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SalvationSeeker (Post 94210)
And this comes from a stupid pagan, who believes in false religion created by people (and satan) who believed that the sun travels across the sky in a boat. :lol:
That the "planets" and stars were gods, that lightning was due to some bearded guy swinging a hammer around.. and so on and so on.

That's right. Jesus is real, and GLORY everyone had better get on board before He wads you up and sends you to hell. :jesus:

Rachael Van Helsing 09-11-2007 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SalvationSeeker (Post 94210)

Uhhh, no, I personally don't believe the sun travels across the sky in a boat, sweetie.
However, you guys seem to believe that one person caused the sea to split and another person fed thousands of people on a single tiny piece of bread and fish. :lol:

Quote:

Just because I have spiritual beliefs, does NOT mean that I completely disregard science, silly boy.

However, you people seem to think that the sky is a big dome of glass and the sun and moon are big lights stuck in the sky, and that the stars are fireflies stuck up there. :haha:

SalvationSeeker 09-11-2007 03:43 AM

So Rachael, what part of paganism do you believe in? The parts you like right? I suppose that's what eclectic means, after all..
Just another fool who thinks he/she/it are smart enough to discern total religious truth.. :thumbdown:
Why don't you tell us what you do believe in, so we can laugh at your sillyness?
Or are you ashamed of your dumb beliefs now? :glare:

As I said, you're in no position to critizise... :taunt:

Pastor Rune Enoe 09-11-2007 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachael Van Hellthing (Post 94014)
What horrible things to say. Have you ever been the victim of a rapist? (And yes it can happen to men too).

Of course it can happen to men. Lot's daughters tanked him up - two nights in a row - to have their way with him. and to maintain the family line.

That was another time, of course, before the Law of Moses had been written, so there was in fact nothing immoral with this (I just mention it in order to highlight your ignorance).

lord warrior 09-11-2007 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachael Van Helsing (Post 94207)
I define rape, you mooron, as a man forcing an unwilling woman to have sex with him against her will. Have you ever been to school? You do know 1+1=2, right?

Let me tell you right now, with that kind of attitude, you will never earn the love or interest of any woman.
It is not just women who wear skimpy clothes who are raped. It's ONE IN EVERY THREE women.
And learn to spell, your spelling confirms the 'you never went to school' theory. YOU'RE (that's how you spell the abbreviation of 'you are', by the way) an ignorant, silly man.

And I am already happily married to a heathen like me, a decent man who sees rape as what it truly is, a crime which is right up there with murder.

Unless you yourself are raped, you are in no position to pass judgement. But then again, you probably force yourself onto your inflatable doll every night, so if that poor doll could talk....

One in three women are raped. And off what feminazi website did you get that off of. Once again the witch's of the board come out to show that there goddess is superior, just because you cannot believe that a male God, and his son Jesus, made and now rule over the world. Thats how you do it, victimization of all women. And how hollow is that argument. We all know that women are to be subject to the male. That only when you leave the father for your one, and only, christian husband can you trully be happy. Yet the feminazi's like you always tell how all the women are mistreated, raped, and underpaid to get some sympathic male to want you. You know in your heart that it was your lustful signals that got them to do that to you. aAnd thats why you are the way you are. Bitter and unsaved. I just hope that you will come to the realization of the ways of Jesus, he can forgive you of the sin of harlot'try. And how you use to egg on the boys. It the women's fault. But that don't play with the lezbo feminazi crowd you run with. So go ahead and blame all men on your past.
But by not giving in to the onl yman that matters,JESUS, you doom your soul to hell. When will some of you women ever learn.

Pastor Billy-Reuben 09-11-2007 07:50 PM

Amen!

You have quite a way with words, friend. I don't think Pat Robertson could have said it better himself.

Pastor Billy-Reuben

Rachael Van Helsing 09-11-2007 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lord warrior (Post 94475)
One in three women are raped. And off what feminazi website did you get that off of. Once again the witch's of the board come out to show that there goddess is superior, just because you cannot believe that a male God, and his son Jesus, made and now rule over the world. Thats how you do it, victimization of all women. And how hollow is that argument. We all know that women are to be subject to the male. That only when you leave the father for your one, and only, christian husband can you trully be happy. Yet the feminazi's like you always tell how all the women are mistreated, raped, and underpaid to get some sympathic male to want you. You know in your heart that it was your lustful signals that got them to do that to you. aAnd thats why you are the way you are. Bitter and unsaved. I just hope that you will come to the realization of the ways of Jesus, he can forgive you of the sin of harlot'try. And how you use to egg on the boys. It the women's fault. But that don't play with the lezbo feminazi crowd you run with. So go ahead and blame all men on your past.
But by not giving in to the onl yman that matters,JESUS, you doom your soul to hell. When will some of you women ever learn.

Would you please do everyone a favor and use spellcheck and paragraphs already? Seriously, try it.

As to what you've said, I hope you have a good relationship with that mattress of yours that you dug that special hole in, because I can tell you now, kid, no woman is ever going to want you. :taunt: