The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   PRAYER REQUESTS (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Please Pray for Todd Akin! He is Speaking the Truth About Rape and Mitt Romney is Persecuting Him! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=81666)

Professor Bessemer 08-20-2012 04:25 PM

Please Pray for Todd Akin! He is Speaking the Truth About Rape and Mitt Romney is Persecuting Him!

Brothers and Sisters, once again a Godly man is being pilloried by the Liberal Media and even those that claim to be Christians! Todd Akin, a Christian Republican Congressman from Missouri, spoke the truth about rape and pregnancy and now he is being attacked from all sides.

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/201...90_620x350.jpg
This poor man is suffering the trials of Job just for speaking the truth!

Brother Faith Machine covered his original statement here but it bears repeating:

Quote:

(CBS/AP) ST. LOUIS - In an interview, Rep. Todd Akin, Missouri's Republican Senate candidate, has questioned whether women can become pregnant when they're raped.

St. Louis television station KTVI released an interview with Akin Sunday in which the congressman said that pregnancy from rape is "really rare." A video of the interview is posted on the station's website.

"If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down," Akin said, according to The Washington Post.

Akin added: "But let's assume that maybe that didn't work or something. I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be on the rapist and not attacking the child."
Who could argue with that kind of rock solid, Godly logic? Well, it seems Mitt Romney can! Look at this!

Quote:

Sunday evening, Romney campaign spokeswoman Amanda Henneberg issued a statement saying, “Governor Romney and Congressman Ryan disagree with Mr. Akin's statement, and a Romney-Ryan administration would not oppose abortion in instances of rape.”
The article goes on to mention that Paul Ryan has stated in the past that he is against all abortion, even if the pregnancy resulted from rape. Then, Govenor Romney personally attacked poor Todd Akin here.

Quote:

In an interview with National Review published Monday morning, presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney offered a sharp rebuke to Akin. “Congressman’s Akin comments on rape are insulting, inexcusable, and, frankly, wrong,” Romney told National Review. “Like millions of other Americans, we found them to be offensive.”
Can you believe that? Mr. Romney is publicly persecuting a Christian! I am beginning to think that the Republican nominee should be Paul Ryan instead of Mitt Romney. Mitt is sounding more and more like a Democrat every day!

Faith_Machine 08-20-2012 06:43 PM

Re: Please Pray for Todd Akin! He is Speaking the Truth About Rape and Mitt Romney is Persecuting Him!

Sadly, Mitt Romney is going to continue to make these embarrassing gaffs as long as his heart and mind have not been given over to Jesus Christ. Now more than ever, it's crucial that we pray for Mitt to abandon Mormonism and became a True Christian™.

Bobby-Joe 08-20-2012 07:20 PM

Re: Please Pray for Todd Akin! He is Speaking the Truth About Rape and Mitt Romney is Persecuting Him!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faith_Machine (Post 921133)
Sadly, Mitt Romney is going to continue to make these embarrassing gaffs as long as his heart and mind have not been given over to Jesus Christ. Now more than ever, it's crucial that we pray for Mitt to abandon Mormonism and became a True Christian™.

GLORY

Maybe Pastor Zeke, Representative Akin and Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council need to have a prayer meeting with Romney and help him to The LIGHT! Poor Romney is such a good man he's been sheltered from the evil of the world and does know how depraved secularists are. That a secularist woman would get herself knocked up just to get an abortion just to get on welfare.

Godfly 08-20-2012 07:41 PM

I pray that the Doctors who helped blow the lid off of the female reproductive off-switch step forward to defend Todd Akin's statement. Todd Akin would not have said such a thing unless it was backed by thousands of qualified physicians. It's not like he just read something out of a pamphlet and then repeated it without checking to see if it was true! That's not the kind of man Todd Akin is!

Just like the time Todd Akin said that all liberals hate God. He didn't make that statement until he had asked each and every one of them. Can you believe they all answered yes? First time in recorded history that liberals told the truth.

Bobby-Joe 08-20-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfly (Post 921163)
I pray that the Doctors who helped blow the lid off of the female reproductive off-switch step forward to defend Todd Akin's statement. Todd Akin would not have said such a thing unless it was backed by thousands of qualified physicians. It's not like he just read something out of a pamphlet and then repeated it without checking to see if it was true! That's not the kind of man Todd Akin is!

Just like the time Todd Akin said that all liberals hate God. He didn't make that statement until he had asked each and every one of them. Can you believe they all answered yes? First time in recorded history that liberals told the truth.

Exactly, Akins sits on the House Science Committee. The man is a TRUE Christian scientheists and wouldn't say something like this unless the maths backed him. The anti-rape pregnancy off switch has been known about since the 13th Century.

Professor Bessemer 08-20-2012 08:24 PM

For clarity, I am posting the video from the you tubes to let Congressman Todd Akin's eloquence, his ability to stay on topic, and his intimate knowlegde of human reproduction speak for itself:

Godfly 08-20-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Professor Bessemer (Post 921187)
For clarity, I am posting the video from the you tubes to let Congressman Todd Akin's eloquence, his ability to stay on topic, and his intimate knowlegde of human reproduction.]

He is a bit liberal on "tubal pregnancies" but other than that he is right on the money!

Johny Joe Hold 08-20-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfly (Post 921213)
He is a bit liberal on "tubal pregnancies" but other than that he is right on the money!

I agree, Godfly. And then he seemed to be saying the life of an Iraqi citizen is as valuable as that of an unborn white U. S. male.

Try explaining that to God.

Professor Bessemer 08-20-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 921305)
And then he seemed to be saying the life of an Iraqi citizen is as valuable as that of an unborn white U. S. male.

I believe the point he was trying to make was that our Marines are so Godly, selfless, and brave that they would even risk their safety to save the life of someone as lowly and worthless as an Iraqi Muslim.

A similarly illustrative situation would be an account of an American fireman risking his life to rescue a kitten or a puppy from a burning building.

Bobby-Joe 08-20-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 921305)
I agree, Godfly. And then he seemed to be saying the life of an Iraqi citizen is as valuable as that of an unborn white U. S. male.

Try explaining that to God.

That's probably why even the Tea Party is backing away from Akin - the man is just to liberal on to many things and this "legitimate rape" shout out is nothing more than a feeble attempt to try to be a real Republican. After all, Akin does sit on the House science committee, why do we still have evolution in this country if he's on the ball?

Godfly 08-21-2012 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Professor Bessemer (Post 921309)
I believe the point he was trying to make was that our Marines are so Godly, selfless, and brave that they would even risk their safety to save the life of someone as lowly and worthless as an Iraqi Muslim.

A similarly illustrative situation would be an account of an American fireman risking his life to rescue a kitten or a puppy from a burning building.

I think a better example of how important life is to Americans would be how many people we are willing to kill just to save lives. For example we lost a couple thousand in 9/11, but we've killed a hundred thousand since then. The first fifty thousand might have been for justice sake, but the rest were just to keep us safe from future attacks. We will even blow up a building full of civilians just to kill one terrorist who might kill five or ten people. That's how important life is to us.

Mistress Cookie 08-21-2012 02:05 AM

It was incredibly brave for Clay Aiken to step forward and "tell it like it is" like this.

Now the homosexualists in the media feel they're "losing one of their own," so they set up all the criticism.

Pathetic.
http://groundctrl.s3.amazonaws.com/c...9898018xgh.jpg

Godfly 08-21-2012 02:10 AM

Glory! Todd Akin is going to win the Senate back for the True Christians! Maybe he can teach Mittins and Cryin Ryan a thing or two about being Republican!

Quote:

lbassett@huffingtonpost.com
Todd Akin Apologizes For 'Legitimate Rape' Remark, Won't Drop Out
Posted: 08/20/2012 1:55 pm Updated: 08/20/2012 7:00

Rep. Todd Akin (R-Mo.) told Mike Huckabee on Monday that he has no plans to drop out of the Missouri Senate race, despite a firestorm of criticism from his own party over a statement he made about "legitimate rape."

"I don’t know that I'm the only person in public office who suffered from foot in mouth disease here," he said. "This was a very, very serious error."

"On the other hand, there are so many good people in Missouri who nominated me," he added. "I feel just as strongly as ever that my background and ability will be a big asset in replacing [Sen.] Clare McCaskill and putting some sanity back in our government. I'm not a quitter, and my belief is we're going to take this thing forward, and by the grace of God we're going to win this race."

He later invoked 9/11 to explain his pro-life views, saying the first responders didn't ask for identification of those they saved because all lives are important.

"They don't check their ID to see whether they're important or not, they just take them to safety and run back for more," he said. "They, by their lives, speak as Americans of what we think about the value of human beings and how much respect we hold people with."

A number of prominent Republicans, including presumptive presidential nominee Mitt Romney, sharply rebuked Akin following his comment that victims of "legitimate rape" rarely get pregnant because the "female body has ways to shut that whole thing down." The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee circulated a petition on Monday demanding that Akin be removed from the House Science and Technology Committee.

Akin apologized for his comments in Monday's interview with Huckabee and acknowledged that what he said was "ill-conceived" and "wrong." He said he knows women who have been raped, and although none of them became pregnant as a result, he recognizes that it's possible.

"People do get pregnant. It does happen," he said. "I just want to apologize to those I have hurt. I've spoken in error."

Akin said that he was trying to refer specifically "forcible rape" in his comment, but that "legitimate" was "absolutely the wrong word" for him to use. But he still believes he deserves that Senate spot.

"Just because somebody makes a mistake doesn't make them useless," he said.

UPDATE: 4:13 p.m. -- Akin doubled down on his promise to stay in the race in an interview with Sean Hannity on Monday afternoon, despite mounting pressure for him to back out.

"I'm announcing today that we're going to stay in," he told Hannity. "This campaign is more than just one TV interview."

Johny Joe Hold 08-21-2012 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfly (Post 921393)
Glory! Todd Akin is going to win the Senate back for the True Christians! Maybe he can teach Mittins and Cryin Ryan a thing or two about being Republican!

Soon to be Senator Akin recognizes the ugly truth. If we continue to pay tax money for rape pregnancy abortions, we'll soon be paying for abortions in mental hospitials where patients seduce male staff. It has to stop somewhere.

Daisy Mae Johnson 08-21-2012 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Professor Bessemer (Post 921048)

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/201...90_620x350.jpg
This poor man is suffering the trials of Job just for speaking the truth!

Look at how GODLY his hands are! Why, I bet he never once has self-molested and sent millions of his unborn baby souls to a fiery death.

This man KNOWS what he is talking about AND it's been verified by DOCTORS!

Godfly 08-21-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daisey May
This man KNOWS what he is talking about AND it's been verified by DOCTORS!

Don't forget the harlots themselves. Obviously he's been doing research as part of his role on the science committee. None of Mr. Akin's harlots became pregnant after rape.

Quote:

He (Mr. Akin) said he knows women who have been raped, and although (they were asking for it) none of them became pregnant as a result, he recognizes that (for these whores) it's possible.

Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. 08-21-2012 12:08 PM

Why does there always have to be this persecution? Can't we all just get along? I don't understand the vile hatred of the world sometimes.

Dr Laurence Niles 08-21-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. (Post 921529)
Why does there always have to be this persecution? Can't we all just get along? I don't understand the vile hatred of the world sometimes.

Indeed. We need to open our hearts and heal the wounds these poor men in jail for LEGITIMATE rape have endure since being confused and incarcerated with people charged with FORCIBLE rape.

Democrats and atheists just don't have the mind set to do so: it's really sad.

YIC

Cranky Old Man 08-21-2012 01:05 PM

Unbelievable! Todd Akin is speaking the Truth™ of rape never causing pregnancy and then the liberal media starts attacking him for it. All those liberal media journalists should be raped just to prove to all of them Todd Akin knows what he is talking about! On an unrelated matter, does anyone know why his wife never got pregnant?

Bobby-Joe 08-21-2012 01:11 PM

PPP poll shows the race in Missouri UNCHANGED even though 60% of the interviewed have heard of Akin's comments. SHOUT GLORY!:D

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/m...askill-43.html

The spirit of the Lord is upon the souls of the voters of Missouri like a bald eagle on a fisherman's salmon and there is no holding them back! The RINO who have been denouncing The Brave Representative Akin can go back to biting their pillows now for the Demoncrats.