The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   General Church Fellowship (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   REVOKE 19th AMENDMENT? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=6320)

Ann Coulter 12-24-2007 10:31 PM

REVOKE 19th AMENDMENT?

In 1920 this country passed probably one of the worst ever Amendments to the Constitution.

Section 1. The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.
Section 2. The Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

• Women voters support feminism: an abomination before God!
  • Women voters support feminist Supreme Court Justices who are systematically destroying society.
  • Women voters support population control in violation of God's will.
  • Women voters passed 20,000 ineffective gun control laws in violation of the Second Amendment.
If we took away women's right to vote, especially single women
we'd never have to worry about another Democrat president.

Pastor Billy-Reuben 12-24-2007 10:47 PM

Re: REVOKE 19th AMENDMENT?

I don't know about that, Miss Coulter.

When a limp-wristed husband allows his wife to vote however she likes, half the time they end up just canceling out each other's vote. On the other hand, a good Christian woman will just hand her absentee ballot over to her husband to fill out, or to her father if she's not married yet.

In our church, we take up absentee ballots along with the tithes on the Sunday before elections, and the Deacons and I spend all day Monday filling them out. If the 19th amendment were repealed, it would cut our church's vote power by more than half.

Pastor Billy-Reuben

Ann Coulter 12-24-2007 10:55 PM

Oh Pastor Billy-Reuben!!
With the greatest respect, how can a Woman be expected to be intelligent enough to be able to make an important decision like that all on her own?

Look at these statistics:
Zero percent of American 12th grade girls correctly applied math principles to problem solving.

Zero percent of American 12th grade girls correctly applied physics principles to problem solving

Choose what to cook for dinner YES! Choose our Government? NO!

Larry Lee 12-24-2007 11:12 PM

I think problems come when ladies attempt to use their franchise, rather than properly surrendering it to their husband. I understand the faculty at Patrick Henry College are working on a ladies-only test to determine voter eligibility, and that sounds like a good idea to me.

bastard 12-25-2007 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ann Coulter (Post 121470)
If we took away women's right to vote, especially single women we'd never have to worry about another Democrat president.

Shows what you know. Democrats were elected long before women were given the Right to vote. Study your history.

Mrs. Mary Whitford 12-25-2007 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bastard (Post 121517)
Shows what you know. Democrats were elected long before women were given the Right to vote. Study your history.

That was before the Democrats were taken overrun by tax and spend, gay-loving lieberals. Now they're the Demoncrats. There was even a time, before they found Jesus, that the Republicans were the week-kneed wimps and even ran horrible candidates like Lincoln for the presidency!

Miss Maisie 12-25-2007 10:38 AM

Of course the place of us ladies is at home with our family. Those political type things should be left to the men. Why, given the example of fine men like our President Bush and Mr Cheney, it's clear that men are doing a fine job running this Godly country of ours.

Nobar King 12-25-2007 02:59 PM

Although pastor Billy-Reuben's reply is logical, I still feel that there are too many ammendments to the constitution, and some of them should be repealed. Starting with this one would suit me fine.

Mathew 5:42-44 12-25-2007 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Maisie (Post 121539)
Of course the place of us ladies is at home with our family. Those political type things should be left to the men. Why, given the example of fine men like our President Bush and Mr Cheney, it's clear that men are doing a fine job running this Godly country of ours.

I must say, that people saying things like that make me doubt the validity of this site....

Mrs. Jemima Cameltoe 12-26-2007 07:12 PM

I am saddened that there are women in this country whose lives are so empty and meaningless that they feel the need to seek fulfillment in board rooms, pilates classes, singles bars, and even voting booths. If the Lord had meant us to do something rational and analytical like choosing a president, he would've given us penises. Having a penis is a sure sign that someone is well equipped to make rational, common sense decisions.

Women are exactly as the Lord intended them to be. We are the child bearers, the nurturers. We are ruled by our emotions and our hormones. Imagine how many women have voted over the years while it's been "that time of the month." No wonder our nation is in such chaos. Hormone crazed, water retaining women running around crying about how their needs aren't being met in voting booths? I shudder to think.

tinfoil 12-26-2007 11:35 PM

Oh, so you guys aren't only intolerant superior Republican idiots, you're also sexist. I'm Presbyterian and I don't think you people are real Christians.

Talitha 12-27-2007 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinioril (Post 121806)
Oh, so you guys aren't only intolerant superior Republican idiots, you're also sexist. I'm Presbyterian and I don't think you people are real Christians.

When have I ever been Sexist against Men?

Friend, we are True Christians™. We are True to The Bible (King James Version 1611) and True to our Savior.

tinfoil 12-27-2007 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sister Talitha (Post 121814)
When have I ever been Sexist against Men?

Friend, we are True Christians™. We are True to The Bible (King James Version 1611) and True to our Savior.

Okay, not you, but I think you have rights even if you don't. I mainly meant the Pastors.

Larry Lee 12-27-2007 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Jemima Cameltoe (Post 121771)
If the Lord had meant us to do something rational and analytical like choosing a president, he would've given us penises tallywackers. Having a penis tallywacker is a sure sign that someone is well equipped to make rational, common sense decisions.

You see, Jemima, that fish did need a bicycle. Still, If you promise to use proper Landoveran terminology, I'd like you to stand up in Church next Sunday and present your valuable teaching to the women of the congregation. For some, your words with resonate with their daily True Christian™ practice (Miss Maisie and BTB, for example). But for others, such as Sue Vera and that Talitha, they would definitely benefit from a refresher course.

Anyway, what do you say?

see_the_light 12-27-2007 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathew 5:42-44 (Post 121634)
I must say, that people saying things like that make me doubt the validity of this site....

Would you go against her first amendment right to express her view on this subject?

Would her expressing of that opinion be a reason for you to CLOSE GOD'S SITE?!

I realy like LIEbrats that respect any opinion as long as they agree with it.... (they remind me of why I fight for JESUS and good political principles)

PRAISE THE LORD!

Miss Maisie 12-27-2007 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathew 5:42-44 (Post 121634)

Sir, you're extremely foolish and intolerant to say such a thing. I've been raised a lady and some things are better left in the hands of men just as some things are better left to women, for instance, I sure wouldn't want a man trying to run my kitchen, or do my needlework!

Why, would y'all rather I was some butch lezbean, trying to act like a man, or get a false tallywhacker?

Some people have such a nerve. :angry:

see_the_light 12-27-2007 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Maisie (Post 121857)
Sir, you're extremely foolish and intolerant to say such a thing. I've been raised a lady and some things are better left in the hands of men just as some things are better left to women, for instance, I sure wouldn't want a man trying to run my kitchen, or do my needlework!

Why, would y'all rather I was some butch lezbean, trying to act like a man, or get a false tallywhacker?

Some people have such a nerve. :angry:

It's a sad world where a lady cannot behave as one without being criticized.

And yet here you still stand with grace and (as much as is possible in the fair sex) words of wisdom.

I praise you

PRAY TO JESUS!

Miss Maisie 12-27-2007 03:04 AM

Why, thankyou, STL, it's always nice to hear such kind words from a fellow Christian. :)

It's very sad how much the righteous are being persecuted. These are end times indeed!

Ahimaaz Smith 12-27-2007 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobar King (Post 121562)
Although pastor Billy-Reuben's reply is logical, I still feel that there are too many ammendments to the constitution, and some of them should be repealed. Starting with this one would suit me fine.

How about a compromise? Let's get rid of these first, then, if that works out OK, we can consider repealing Amendment 19:

Amendment 1 enshrines anti-religious bigotry in the Constitution. Gotta be the first to go.

Amendments 12 and 22 should be replaced by the power to annoint George W. Bush as King, and amendment 17 should turn the power to elect senators over to a convocation of properly ordained, Bible-believing Christian pastors in the several states. Amendment 25 should provide for the appointment of Richard Cheney as Royal Steward for life, to act in the King's stead when the King is incapacitated, and also as hereditary keeper of the Royal Hunting Armory.

Amendments 13, 14, 15, 23, 24, and 26 are anti-Biblical any way you look at them (anti-slavery, expand the vote to undesirables like teenagers and retards, and the Jew judges somehow managed to read a right to the mass murder of the unborn into Amendment 14). Axe 'em all.

Amendments 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 help only criminals, terrorists, and lawyers, not honest, God-fearing folk.

Amendment 16 is tax and spend Demoncracy at its finest. It should be replaced with a 17% flat tax on everyone's income, except 27% in the case of Jews.

Amendment 21 is good, because it pisses off the Mormons, and because if Jesus said wine was good, who are we to deny it? Anyway, 21 repeals 18, so it's a step in direction of limited government and Constitutional pruning.

Amendment 27 should be replaced with a provision giving Senators and Representatives a flat percentage of the money they appropriate to Biblically sound faith-based programs.

Of course, Amendment 2 is the foundation of liberty in America, so it has to stay, and Amendment 10 (except the "or to the people" part) is the bedrock of our God-given system of state's rights.

tinfoil 12-27-2007 05:44 PM

George W. Bush can be described with several words that would immediatly get me banned. He said the economy is more important than the environment, blocked stem-cell research, invaded another country because of false evidence, sanctions torture, and provides entertainment by being an idiot. My girlfriend has a picture of him taped to his dartboard. If he was King, I would move to a good country like Norway, Sweden, Finland, Japan, Austria, Iceland, or Singapore.