The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   PRAYER REQUESTS (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Reminder: God does not hear the prayers of sinners. (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=60117)

blasf3 09-05-2012 10:00 AM

Re: Reminder: God does not hear the prayers of sinners.

Can a saved soul use the F word in prayer?
I take it that there are moments in prayer when an intercessor is so angry with the world sins that he lets escape his lips the dreaded word, not so?

Levi Jones 09-05-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blasf3 (Post 927128)
Can a saved soul use the F word in prayer?
I take it that there are moments in prayer when an intercessor is so angry with the world sins that he lets escape his lips the dreaded word, not so?

Of course not, blasphemer.

Colossians 3:8
But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

blasf3 09-05-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levi Jones (Post 927133)
Of course not, blasphemer.

Colossians 3:8
But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

Are you calling me blasphemer in anger?
The very verse you quoted tells you to be considerate - obviously you have never been drunk with the HG!

Mary Etheldreda 09-05-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blasf3 (Post 927134)
Are you calling me blasphemer in anger?
The very verse you quoted tells you to be considerate - obviously you have never been drunk with the HG!

Brother Jones is incapable of unrighteous anger.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Galatians 5:22-23

If you were actually familiar with the fruits of the Holy Spirit, you would recognize them in those who profess them.

Roopa Mercy 09-11-2012 03:30 PM

God does listen to the prayers of sinners who truly repent. God is so abundant and more generous in his forgiveness towards others..HE is greater than our hearts and HE knows everything! We as Christians are not perfect only Christ is and that's why we need to confess our sins on a daily basis. We need to ask God to cleanse ourselves with the Blood of Jesus Everyday as the spirit leads us. This is also necessary before worship! Let us not limit God's Love. Jesus is more willing to forgive any sinner who repents. It is not the same as taking God's mercy for granted. God knows and understands our weaknesses and he is always ready for those who have gone astray and come back to him. Though we walk in the truth and the ways of God it is not our righteous acts that save us. We are saved by HIS righteousness! We depend on His righteous as we are cleansed BY HIS BLOOD as the Holy Spirit convicts us!

The New testament is about LOVE AND MERCY..Jesus represents himself as a Total GOD OF LOVE! Must we think he wont have a heart for people who seek his forgiveness with a true heart? And by what standards do we call others sinners and tell them that they will not be forgiven. God is More gracious than we can even imagine! That is why JESUS taught us to pray 'Forgive our sins as we forgive those who sin against us'.

God's love and grace be with you all! :):) God bless!

Cranky Old Man 09-11-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roopa Mercy (Post 928836)
God does listen to the prayers of sinners who truly repent. God is so abundant and more generous in his forgiveness towards others.

You are wrong. Not all sins are forgiven: Mark "But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation."

Quote:

We as Christians are not perfect
You are wrong. A True Christian™ is perfect and he is free of sin: 1st John 1:7 "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."

Quote:

The New testament is about LOVE AND MERCY.
You are wrong. The new testament is about Hell and how to avoid it. Matthew 18:9 "And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire."

Mary Etheldreda 09-11-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

God does listen to the prayers of sinners who truly repent. God is so abundant and more generous in his forgiveness towards others..HE is greater than our hearts and HE knows everything! We as Christians are not perfect only Christ is and that's why we need to confess our sins on a daily basis. We need to ask God to cleanse ourselves with the Blood of Jesus Everyday as the spirit leads us. This is also necessary before worship! Let us not limit God's Love. Jesus is more willing to forgive any sinner who repents. It is not the same as taking God's mercy for granted. God knows and understands our weaknesses and he is always ready for those who have gone astray and come back to him. Though we walk in the truth and the ways of God it is not our righteous acts that save us. We are saved by HIS righteousness! We depend on His righteous as we are cleansed BY HIS BLOOD as the Holy Spirit convicts us!

The New testament is about LOVE AND MERCY..Jesus represents himself as a Total GOD OF LOVE! Must we think he wont have a heart for people who seek his forgiveness with a true heart? And by what standards do we call others sinners and tell them that they will not be forgiven. God is More gracious than we can even imagine! That is why JESUS taught us to pray 'Forgive our sins as we forgive those who sin against us'.

Oh you poor, poor thing. Whoever taught you about Jesus has lied to you terribly. I'm so sorry, but you'll go to Hell if you don't learn the Truth.

Cursed 09-12-2012 02:53 AM

Quote:

That's just silly! You should stop reading "The Secret" and pick up a copy of a 1611 King James Bible so you don't embarrass yourself any more! You are not at some "Girls Gone Wild" party talking to your drug-addled whore friends, we know our Bible here!

BelieverInGod 02-05-2013 09:14 AM

Bumping up this thread because of an epiphany I had in Bible study today.

So many come to our boards and basically say that they don't believe in God because God doesn't answer their prayers. Well these two scripture came forward to me today...

James 4:1-3 From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members? Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not. Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

and

Colossians 3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

So basically the Bible is telling us that "greedy prayers" will not be answered. I also understand where God is coming from with the covetousness being the same as idolatry. Have you seen people who are fixated on one item? They pretty much worship that item, once I get that item then everything will be perfect, I will be completely happy, nothing will ever go wrong again.

Amazing how the Bible always has the answers!:thumbsup:

Pim Pendergast 02-05-2013 12:32 PM

There is also 2 Samuel 12. David had Uriah the Hittite killed, which is wrong because the Bible says, “Thou shalt not kill” (Ex 20:13). So God decided to kill David’s baby because He is just (Deut 32:4), even though David had repented and God had forgiven him (2 Sam 12:13).

2 Sam 12:15b-20a
15 The Lord struck the child that Uriah's wife bare unto David, and it was very sick.
16 David therefore besought God for the child; and David fasted, and went in, and lay all night upon the earth.
17 And the elders of his house arose, and went to him, to raise him up from the earth: but he would not, neither did he eat bread with them.
18 And it came to pass on the seventh day, that the child died. And the servants of David feared to tell him that the child was dead: for they said, Behold, while the child was yet alive, we spake unto him, and he would not hearken unto our voice: how will he then vex himself, if we tell him that the child is dead?
19 But when David saw that his servants whispered, David perceived that the child was dead: therefore David said unto his servants, Is the child dead? And they said, He is dead.
20 Then David arose from the earth, and washed, and anointed himself, and changed his apparel, and came into the house of the Lord, and worshipped.

David prayed and fasted for seven days, interceding for his unborn child. But God denied his request. God cannot go back on His word. If He makes a vow, He will fulfill it. He said He would kill David’s baby and He did.

Num 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

In the end, David did the right thing. After God ignored his prayers and killed his baby, he went to the tabernacle and worshipped God. :thumbsup: God is always worthy of praise, even if He doesn’t answer your prayer.

BelieverInGod 02-05-2013 06:01 PM

Amen Brother, Amen.

Whenever life gets tough I am always drawn to re-read the last 5 Chapters of Job. A very humbling part of the Bible.

Mary Etheldreda 02-05-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pim Pendergast (Post 975179)
In the end, David did the right thing. After God ignored his prayers and killed his baby, he went to the tabernacle and worshipped God. :thumbsup: God is always worthy of praise, even if He doesn’t answer your prayer.

Quoted For Truth!

Didymus Much 02-05-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 975280)

Didn't see the fingernail at first, and thought I was looking at something else.

I am so going to hell. :(

Thomas Taylor 02-05-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Didymus Much (Post 975317)

Probably but, with your knowledge of the True Word of God, you still may have a chance if you repent and finally accept the fact that you are actually a Christian.

I pray that you wiil finally see The Light.

BelieverInGod 02-05-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Didymus Much (Post 975317)
Didn't see the fingernail at first, and thought I was looking at something else.

It would only take one prayer session with the pastors to change that. :wub:

I'm still praying for you every day.

Buddy Jon Harrison 04-20-2013 01:38 PM

Our father who art in heaven please help sinners come to Jesus.

Johny Joe Hold 04-20-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddy Jon Harrison (Post 996657)
Our father who art in heaven please help sinners come to Jesus.

Just keep in mind, God does not hear the prayers of sinners. If you are a sinner (and I happen to know you are) this prayer is a waste of time.

Mary Etheldreda 04-20-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 996698)
Just keep in mind, God does not hear the prayers of sinners. If you are a sinner (and I happen to know you are) this prayer is a waste of time.

Indeed, Brother Mayor! Why, it's nothing more than, say, talking to an imaginary friend, or just talking to yourself. Why would anyone do that?

:wacko:

Mike Benevolent 04-25-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 996727)
Indeed, Brother Mayor! Why, it's nothing more than, say, talking to an imaginary friend, or just talking to yourself. Why would anyone do that?

:wacko:

I think this sums up Christianity nicely.

Didymus Much 04-25-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Benevolent (Post 997895)
I think this sums up Christianity nicely.

If only it was. Christianity entails DOING what that "imaginary friend" tells you, such as killing those who would entice them to disregard what the Bible clearly states and follow other gods, like the one you've created in your mind.