The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Satan's Entertainment (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Is 16 and Pregnant a godly show? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=59207)

Samuel Coleridge 02-05-2011 09:13 PM

Is 16 and Pregnant a godly show?

Isn't it a good idea to show young women the wages of fornication? It shows them the struggles they will have to undergo to raise a child at such a young age.

Of course, I don't approve of the other shows on MTV that glorify the orange oompa loompa fornicating with anything that moves lifestyle, but I digress.

I can't help but wonder if 16 and pregnant isn't an excellent cautionary tale.

BelieverInGod 02-05-2011 09:18 PM

Re: Is 16 and Pregnant a godly show?

Haven't seen it, but it depends.

Being 16 and pregnant in a True Christian™ marriage is just fine and dandy. However, considering the fact that YOU like it and that MTV is running it, I'm sure it's just another form of debauchery that should be avoided.

Levi Jones 02-05-2011 09:43 PM

I don't know what is wrong with using a good old fashioned pillory as punishment for fornicating harlots.

Your show on the MTV is an abomination. :thumbdown:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...irePillory.jpg

loveforchrist 02-05-2011 11:28 PM

Is it that hard to figure out for yourself? This is the first time I have ever heard of it, but from the information I have gathered from this thread alone I can already tell it was made by Satan. Here are some tell tale signs:

1. It's on MTV
2. Read the title. It's all about crazy teenage sex. They deserve anything they get. If anything, they deserve worse. They should not get attention. They should be killed.

Daisy Mae Johnson 02-05-2011 11:32 PM

While I think it's wonderful they are starting Motherhood at the perfect age..... I find it positively sinful they are having these babies out of wedlock and condemning themselves and their babies to HELL. :nonono:

AngelaT 02-05-2011 11:56 PM

Miss Johnson, what's the age you can be married at where you live? In Australia it's 18 - it was 16 for girls and 18 for boys until a few years ago, but they changed it for some reason. What's bad is that the age of consent is only 16. How wrong is that? The government says it's OK to have sex at 16, but you can't get married until you're 18 :wacko:

I haven't seen the TV show, but I agree with loveforchrist that it's wrong to give people attention for bad behaviour.

Daisy Mae Johnson 02-06-2011 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelaT (Post 689661)
Miss Johnson, what's the age you can be married at where you live? In Australia it's 18 - it was 16 for girls and 18 for boys until a few years ago, but they changed it for some reason. What's bad is that the age of consent is only 16. How wrong is that? The government says it's OK to have sex at 16, but you can't get married until you're 18 :wacko:

I haven't seen the TV show, but I agree with loveforchrist that it's wrong to give people attention for bad behaviour.

That is a cruel conundrum they put you in Dear. Can you get you get special permission from the Courts (like if you are pregnant and underage) to get married at 16? Most States here allow that here.

Freehold's age of Consent is 14. Why, I myself was married at 14 and a Mother by 15. :thumbsup: Unfortunately, my first husband died in a tragic gun cleaning accident.

Good luck Dear. Here's hoping you have many Soldiers for Christ in your future!

BelieverInGod 02-06-2011 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelaT (Post 689661)

You could have looked up that information yourself

It's 16 with parents permission, 18 without.

Some states (like Californication) don't have a minimum age as long as the "parents" agree with it. Where I lived in Canada it was 14 with parents permission.

AngelaT 02-06-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daisy Mae Johnson (Post 689678)
That is a cruel conundrum they put you in Dear. Can you get you get special permission from the Courts (like if you are pregnant and underage) to get married at 16? Most States here allow that here.

Freehold's age of Consent is 14. Why, I myself was married at 14 and a Mother by 15. :thumbsup: Unfortunately, my first husband died in a tragic gun cleaning accident.

Good luck Dear. Here's hoping you have many Soldiers for Christ in your future!

Good luck Dear. Here's hoping you have many Soldiers for Christ in your future![/QUOTE]You can only get court consent in "exceptional circumstances" and being pregnant doesn't count - can you believe that? I can't have children unfortunately, I just wondered about the rules in the US because you said 16 was the perfect age to start having babies.That's very sad about your first husband, but if you married him he must have been a good Christian man and will be safe with Jesus.

AngelaT 02-06-2011 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BelieverInGod (Post 689806)
You could have looked up that information yourself

It's 16 with parents permission, 18 without.

Some states (like Californication) don't have a minimum age as long as the "parents" agree with it. Where I lived in Canada it was 14 with parents permission.

Yes, I should have looked it up myself. Thanks for reminding me not to be lazy.

wisedupfollower 01-26-2014 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levi Jones (Post 689583)
I don't know what is wrong with using a good old fashioned pillory as punishment for fornicating harlots.

Your show on the MTV is an abomination. :thumbdown:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...irePillory.jpg

I know this is an old thread, but still relevant today because of how popular that abominable show still is. Mr. Jones, you have it right. If you had a daughter, niece, etc who became pregnant out of wedlock at 16 after lying to you about having a boyfriend, would you indeed put her in such a pillory? And for how long? It really does seem like a fitting punishment

Zechariah Smyth 01-26-2014 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wisedupfollower (Post 1059621)
I know this is an old thread, but still relevant today because of how popular that abominable show still is. Mr. Jones, you have it right. If you had a daughter, niece, etc who became pregnant out of wedlock at 16 after lying to you about having a boyfriend, would you indeed put her in such a pillory? And for how long? It really does seem like a fitting punishment

Hi there!

I would like to ask you to find the Introduction Forum and make a thread of your own telling us all about your walk with Jesus: we want to get to know you!

:yahoo:

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth

wisedupfollower 01-26-2014 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zechariah Smyth (Post 1059623)
Hi there!

I would like to ask you to find the Introduction Forum and make a thread of your own telling us all about your walk with Jesus: we want to get to know you!

:yahoo:

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth

Sorry about that, I must have missed that part. But I've done so now! Thanks.

I'm still interested in Levi Jones' answer though ;)

Mary Etheldreda 01-26-2014 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wisedupfollower (Post 1059621)

I would do anything and everything to fight for my child's soul, even one as heartless and whorish as that 16 year old (Proverbs 29:15). Her body may cry maturity, but her brain and spirit certainly cry out for help (Proverbs 15:32). The baby presents a problem, as some young women can get emotionally attached to bastard children. Fortunately, local fire stations will accept the bundle of sin and sorrow at their door steps, no questions asked. If she forms an attachment to it, she may be overcome with despair knowing the LORD's Mercy does not extend to bastard children (Deuteronomy 23:2).

In the mean time, keeping her away from friends and other family so she can devote her time and energies to learning to fear and obey the LORD (Ecclesiastes 12:13) would be a blessing to her, even if she screams, cries, pleads, or begs. The problem with being "soft" after one of these crybaby episodes is that she is capable of running off to find other heathen to offer her emotional support, and provide opportunities for ungodly copulation. The LORD has given her free will to choose a life of sin and debauchery (Romans 1:26-27), her parents' job is to make sure she freely chooses Salvation (John 3:18). This is difficult when surrounded and supported by others who choose and glorify sin.

I would caution the parent however, to be thorough and get her married off as quickly as possible to a patient and determined True Christian™ man. There's no reason to give her the opportunity to change her mind by being in the world again, and someone might encourage her to seek legal action. These days Christians are persecuted in record numbers and no one wants to spend their years in prison rather than spoiling grandchildren. Not everyone can afford quality legal representation, as the Jews are accustomed to very high fees.

:)