The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Teaching His Word (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Tolerance (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=8116)

Lycia The Repentant 10-28-2010 08:32 AM

Re: Tolerance

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nachogod (Post 625620)
The bible surely does NOT promote intolerance. In fact...

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you (Matthew 7:12).”

That seems to say that you in fact should NOT judge people, correct? Which is tolerance, correct? In the bible, the LORD says that it is not our place to judge, in multiple places!

OK, first of all, the only version we use here is the KJV 1611, not the NIV. Secondly, it would be more appropriate to post that scripture as Matthew 7:1-2, so as not to confuse it with Matthew 7:12, which reads like this:

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets." Matthew 7:12

Now, Matthew 7:1-2 should read like this:

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." Matthew 7:1-2

Now, to REALLY get the whole picture, it helps if we look at the three next verses:

"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye." Matthew 7:3-5

Pay special attention to Matthew 7:5, because it is that verse that shows what is REALLY being said here.

Matthew 7:1-5, taken in context, is a prohibition against hypocrisy. For example, if I were a shoplifter, I shouldn't be judging people for shoplifting. If, however, I am NOT a shoplifter, then it is perfectly alright for me to judge shoplifters and inform them that they are committing sins.

Now, if you would like to read more, Rev. Jim Osborne has already posted an excellent sermon on this very topic!

Nachodemon 10-28-2010 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lycia The Repentant (Post 625630)
OK, first of all, the only version we use here is the KJV 1611, not the NIV. Secondly, it would be more appropriate to post that scripture as Matthew 7:1-2, so as not to confuse it with Matthew 7:12, which reads like this:

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets." Matthew 7:12

Now, Matthew 7:1-2 should read like this:

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." Matthew 7:1-2

Now, to REALLY get the whole picture, it helps if we look at the three next verses:

"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye." Matthew 7:3-5

Pay special attention to Matthew 7:5, because it is that verse that shows what is REALLY being said here.

Matthew 7:1-5, taken in context, is a prohibition against hypocrisy. For example, if I were a shoplifter, I shouldn't be judging people for shoplifting. If, however, I am NOT a shoplifter, then it is perfectly alright for me to judge shoplifters and inform them that they are committing sins.

Now, if you would like to read more, Rev. Jim Osborne has already posted an excellent sermon on this very topic!

So do you judge women for being open with their bodies to men, while you made a thread looking for a man and positively responded to a masturbation reference in the process, that a "True Christian" made?

And yes, I have read all of it, my apologies, I was misinformed on the quote, but it still stands that the bible never commanded judgement, just did not condone it.

Did you know Bestiality wasn't condoned in some American States until 4 years ago? It's one of those things you just don't do, same with judging other humans. For it is not our place to judge.

I forgot the verse, but:

“And be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.”

:innocent:

Lycia The Repentant 10-28-2010 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nachogod (Post 625642)
So do you judge women for being open with their bodies to men, while you made a thread looking for a man and positively responded to a masturbation reference in the process, that a "True Christian" made?

First of all, I'd like to thank you for spreading your hateful and perverted lies about me and True Christians™! You only prove that we are blessed. :innocent:

"Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you." Matthew 5:10-12

And yes, I do judge women for being open with their bodies. Now that I have been cleansed of sin from my hateful past there is no hypocrisy in doing so. And as for your insinuation about "m" references, may I remind you:

"Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled." Titus 1:15

Any sexual innuendos you saw are because you are a hateful, Godmocking pervert.

Quote:

And yes, I have read all of it, my apologies, I was misinformed on the quote, but it still stands that the bible never commanded judgement, just did not condone it.
Maybe you should read it again.

"Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honor the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour." Leviticus 19:15

"The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment." Psalm 37:30

"Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment." John 7:24

"But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man." 1 Corinthians 2:15

Quote:

Did you know Bestiality wasn't condoned in some American States until 4 years ago? It's one of those things you just don't do, same with judging other humans. For it is not our place to judge.
Read my previous comment where I have pointed out where the Bible tells us to judge, and stop talking about bestiality, you hateful little pervert.

Quote:

I forgot the verse, but:

“And be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.”

:innocent:
"And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you." Ephesians 4:32

You are right. I forgive you for your hateful comments and am praying you find the Lord. :innocent:

cristiano 10-28-2010 06:11 PM

Lycia The Repentant you are an intolerant false teacher. Your words are not in line with the bible and you must shut up at once!

The bible teaches that there will be false teachers spreading lies and you are one!

We must be tolerant and not judge others but encourage through leading by example.

Forgive them and hate the sinner not the sin. You are a disgrace

Lost Sheep McUinnean 10-28-2010 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cristiano (Post 625877)
Lycia The Repentant you are an intolerant false teacher. Your words are not in line with the bible and you must shut up at once!

The bible teaches that there will be false teachers spreading lies and you are one!

We must be tolerant and not judge others but encourage through leading by example.

So you lead by example JUDGING, INSULTING, FLAMING and contradicting your own feeble-minded self.

You're not inbred by any chance are you?:(

cristiano 10-28-2010 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost Sheep McUinnean (Post 625879)
So you lead by example JUDGING, INSULTING, FLAMING and contradicting your own feeble-minded self.

You're not inbred by any chance are you?:(

Those who make assumptions generally end up with egg on their face!

I am morally complete and i follow the good book word by word.

I offered no contradiction she is acting like a satanist not a CHRISTIAN

Lost Sheep McUinnean 10-28-2010 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cristiano (Post 625881)

SCRIPTURE! Or the eggs didn't happen my friend.

BelieverInGod 10-28-2010 09:58 PM

Quote:

Whose making assumptions, you're running around like a disobedient puppy. Smarten up before someone knocks you over the nose with a newspaper.

Quote:

Yet you haven't posted scripture once. Is that because you don't know any?

Quote:

Prove it.

Lycia The Repentant 10-28-2010 10:06 PM

Quote:

"The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:3-5

I would never question my God, my Savior, my Church, my Pastor or any True Christian™ man, but you unsaved trash need to be shown the error of your ways. If you ever grow up to be a True Christian™ man (and somehow I find that to be very doubtful) I will gladly listen to every word you say. Until that time, however, you are just as bad as the fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and homersexuals.

Quote:

Please point out how:

1. I am a teacher
2. I am spreading lies

I'll be waiting.

Quote:

Can you please show me where in the Bible it tells us to tolerate sinners and tell them that its OK if they want to worship demons and have homersexual sex?

Quote:

I did forgive them. I am praying they one day find the Lord much as I forgive you and am praying that you find the Lord one day.

And how exactly am I a disgrace?

Quote:

Believe me, you have proven that without a shadow of a doubt.

Quote:

If you, in fact, followed the Bible by the Word, you would know you are not morally complete and are a horrifying sinner who's only chance at redemption is to be washed in the blood of the Lamb.

"Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest. Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me." Psalm 51:1-5

Quote:

Please point out exactly where I was acting like a Satanist. I can wait. :thumbdown:

cristiano 10-29-2010 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lycia The Repentant (Post 625968)
"The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:3-5

I would never question my God, my Savior, my Church, my Pastor or any True Christian™ man, but you unsaved trash need to be shown the error of your ways. If you ever grow up to be a True Christian™ man (and somehow I find that to be very doubtful) I will gladly listen to every word you say. Until that time, however, you are just as bad as the fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and homersexuals.

Please point out how:

1. I am a teacher
2. I am spreading lies

I'll be waiting.

Can you please show me where in the Bible it tells us to tolerate sinners and tell them that its OK if they want to worship demons and have homersexual sex?

I did forgive them. I am praying they one day find the Lord much as I forgive you and am praying that you find the Lord one day.

And how exactly am I a disgrace?

Believe me, you have proven that without a shadow of a doubt.

If you, in fact, followed the Bible by the Word, you would know you are not morally complete and are a horrifying sinner who's only chance at redemption is to be washed in the blood of the Lamb.

"Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest. Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me." Psalm 51:1-5

Please point out exactly where I was acting like a Satanist. I can wait. :thumbdown:

You are not worth the effort to point out what we both know. Women should not attempt to be teachers because it is against the bible and you are proof of why.

I think YOU should know your place and stop making a fool of yourself.

Lycia The Repentant 10-29-2010 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cristiano (Post 626089)
You are not worth the effort to point out what we both know. Women should not attempt to be teachers because it is against the bible and you are proof of why.

Yup! You're right, but since I'm a dumb woman and you obviously have such a great understanding of the Bible, I was wondering if you, cristiano, could personally point out to me the chapters and verses prohibiting women from teaching.

Note that I am asking for instruction specifically from you. Though I know the pastors and many members here could do so, it would be an honor if you personally set my mind at ease. :rolleyes:

Levi Jones 10-29-2010 02:01 AM

Quote:

In every organization there is a hierarchy. In Jesus' church it happens to go like this.

God/Jesus/Holy Spirit
The Bible
Senior Pastors
Deaconesses and Pastor's fiancees
True Christian™ Men
True Christian™ ladies
Forum Member men
Forum Member ladies (like our beloved Lycia).
Paco who cleans the church at night
Consuela his wife
The rest of the unsaved trash

You.

cristiano 10-29-2010 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lycia The Repentant (Post 626095)
Yup! You're right, but since I'm a dumb woman and you obviously have such a great understanding of the Bible, I was wondering if you, cristiano, could personally point out to me the chapters and verses prohibiting women from teaching.

Note that I am asking for instruction specifically from you. Though I know the pastors and many members here could do so, it would be an honor if you personally set my mind at ease. :rolleyes:

Tell me why you deserve my time or effort? Your actions are work of evil and insecurity you deserve nothing from me.

Lycia The Repentant 10-29-2010 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cristiano (Post 626133)
Tell me why you deserve my time or effort? Your actions are work of evil and insecurity you deserve nothing from me.

"Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you." Ephesians 4:31-32

"And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen." Matthew 28:18-20

Now please, instruct me as to what verses specifically prohibit a woman from teaching. Surely somebody who claims to follow the Bible like yourself would know where I could find information on it.

EDIT: You might want to quote some of 1 Corinthians. 1 Peter is a very great book too.

Nachodemon 10-29-2010 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lycia The Repentant (Post 626142)
"Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you." Ephesians 4:31-32

"And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen." Matthew 28:18-20

Now please, instruct me as to what verses specifically prohibit a woman from teaching. Surely somebody who claims to follow the Bible like yourself would know where I could find information on it.

EDIT: You might want to quote some of 1 Corinthians. 1 Peter is a very great book too.

Ignore him, he preaches hate worse than I did, before my opinion turned around, and I saw the truth. He has not stated a single passage, as you've said, and pretends to be able to use it to his advantage! Pay no mind to him, instead servicing the True Christians on this forum(Not claiming to be one myself)

Levi Jones 10-29-2010 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nachodemon (Post 626235)
Ignore him, he preaches hate worse than I did, before my opinion turned around, and I saw the truth. He has not stated a single passage, as you've said, and pretends to be able to use it to his advantage! Pay no mind to him, instead servicing the True Christians on this forum(Not claiming to be one myself)

Kid, this isn't a pickup joint. Start praising Jesus or get thine foulness out.

cristiano 10-29-2010 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levi Jones (Post 626237)
Kid, this isn't a pickup joint. Start praising Jesus or get thine foulness out.

Hey you, you sent me 3 infractions for the same thing in putting that crazy girl straight. i think you might want to lay off the booze if you have responsibilitys

Rev. M. Rodimer 10-29-2010 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cristardo (Post 626089)

Dear God-mocking Retard:

The Bible declares that women should keep silent in the churches.

Is this a church? No, this is a web forum owned by a church.

Sister Lycia is sharing with you Godly Scripture. You have clearly never read the Bible, since you have no idea what it says and "can't be bothered" to back up your accusations.

She is a forum member, well loved and respected. You are Unsaved Trash. She is a member here, you are an uninvited guest.

Learn some respect for your hosts, jackass.

Lycia The Repentant 10-29-2010 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cristiano (Post 626442)
Hey you, you sent me 3 infractions for the same thing in putting that crazy girl straight. i think you might want to lay off the booze if you have responsibilitys

I'm still waiting for you point out where in the Bible it says woman shouldn't teach. In addition to those two excellent books I mentioned, you might want to quote some of 1 Timothy to me. :thumbsup:

Unless, of course, you were LYING about having read the Bible. :fear2:

"These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren." Proverbs 6:16-19

cristiano 10-29-2010 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lycia The Repentant (Post 626453)
I'm still waiting for you point out where in the Bible it says woman shouldn't teach. In addition to those two excellent books I mentioned, you might want to quote some of 1 Timothy to me. :thumbsup:

Unless, of course, you were LYING about having read the Bible. :fear2:

"These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren." Proverbs 6:16-19

Girl it's easy to point the finger it's difficult to face up to your own errors. When you're 'man' enough to do that i'll grant you allowance to post your little misquotes of falsetruths. Thou shall not put upon judgement when one is weak within themselves. Somebody who 'debates'(thats a huge exaggeration) like you do is very thin deep and i wish you the best of luck in finding yourself...one you're TRUELY happy with.