The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Satan's Entertainment (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   A new movie about Jesus! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=97483)

Oceanwander 03-04-2014 06:12 PM

A new movie about Jesus!

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/fox/sonofgod/

Came out February 28th. Has anyone seen it yet? Is it a good represintation of our Lord Jesus Christ?

Mother Of Seven 03-05-2014 12:33 AM

Re: A new movie about Jesus!

All I know about it is that it received an Academy Award nomination for best song. But the heathens and atheist disqualified it for no valid reason. They said that academy members were contacted letting them know it was nominated.

Alphonse Alban 03-05-2014 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother Of Seven (Post 1070923)
All I know about it is that it received an Academy Award nomination for best song. But the heathens and atheist disqualified it for no valid reason. They said that academy members were contacted letting them know it was nominated.

Sister, that was another great Christian movie. That one is called Alone, yet not alone.

It had by far the best song and everything, but typically us Christians got persecuted again and our clearly superior movies won't even qualify as proper movies for these Darwin freaks. Oh well, it's their loss really. Jesus wins anyway!

GLORY!

JuniorChurchMan 03-09-2014 07:43 AM

I am actually taking my youth group to go see this film tomorrow; from what my fellow church friends have told me it is an accurate, raw depiction of Jesus' life. I'm just glad that unsaved poser of a Christ-man Mel Gibson isn't in this one.

Bjorn Jensen 03-09-2014 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuniorChurchMan (Post 1071833)
I am actually taking my youth group to go see this film tomorrow; from what my fellow church friends have told me it is an accurate, raw depiction of Jesus' life. I'm just glad that unsaved poser of a Christ-man Mel Gibson isn't in this one.

Don't smear Mel Gibson :angry:

The Passion of the Christ is by Landover film critics considered as the best and Godliest movie of all time, and Rated G for family viewing by the Censorship Association of Freehold, it is mandatory for all residents of Freehold to have seen it. The Passion of the Christ is a movie completely free from sin as it contains no sex, nudity or curse words.

I force my children to watch it every easter, they cry and cringe alot every time, but that's nothing compared to what JESUS had to endure, they are not allowed to look away and if they do so the consequence will be corporal punishment.

Chewer 03-17-2014 05:11 AM

I don't go to the pictures often, because 95% of the time they are glamorizing homosexuality, bestiality, masturbation, and atheism, but I think I need to go see NOAH, and Son of God.

Witch Hammer 03-17-2014 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dipper Man (Post 1074023)
I think I need to go see NOAH

A new zealander playing the role Noah? You can bet Crowe was buggering sheep down in the hold between scenes. Two thumbs down.:thumbdown::thumbdown:

Cranky Old Man 03-17-2014 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oceanwander (Post 1070860)
Is it a good represintation of our Lord Jesus Christ?

No.

The only good representation of Jesus Christ is the King James Bible of 1611.

Deuteronomy 4:2
King James Version (KJV)

2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.

Chewer 03-18-2014 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Witch Hammer (Post 1074036)
A new zealander playing the role Noah? You can bet Crowe was buggering sheep down in the hold between scenes. Two thumbs down.:thumbdown::thumbdown:

Reckon I ought not see it then. Didn't know it had Crowe in it. Just learned that it had the wizard Emma Watson in it also.

JuniorChurchMan 03-22-2014 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ex-Viking (Post 1071839)
Don't smear Mel Gibson :angry:

The Passion of the Christ is by Landover film critics considered as the best and Godliest movie of all time, and Rated G for family viewing by the Censorship Association of Freehold, it is mandatory for all residents of Freehold to have seen it. The Passion of the Christ is a movie completely free from sin as it contains no sex, nudity or curse words.

I force my children to watch it every easter, they cry and cringe alot every time, but that's nothing compared to what JESUS had to endure, they are not allowed to look away and if they do so the consequence will be corporal punishment.

Mel Gibson is still doing immoral roles though. One can only pray for his soul to remember how much he was praised for this movie and turn away from Hollywood and only do Christian roles.

Alvin Moss 03-22-2014 06:41 PM

Would not this movie constitute a graven image, forbidden by God?

Regens Kuechl 03-24-2014 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man (Post 1074145)
No.

The only good representation of Jesus Christ is the King James Bible of 1611.

But what do you then think about Jesus represation in Book 12 and 13 of the "Left Behind" series?;)?