The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Promise Enforcers - Men Only! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Discipline Of The Wife (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=48285)

Brother Harold Porter 08-15-2010 12:07 AM

Discipline Of The Wife

Brothers in Christ,

This is what works for me in dealing with the wife in my Christian home. Feel free to share your methodologies and experience in the matter. Here’s my top 5:

1.) Explain the rules of the relationship, her conduct and her role in the home. God lays down His rules in the Bible and it’s only fair that we fully explain our rules to the woman. Do not leave any wiggle room for a “misunderstanding”. I find it helpful to keep a spreadsheet on my desktop and update as needed with the offense and the appropriate punishment. If she asks why we get to make the rules, resist the temptation to back hand her (for the time being) and open your KJV Bible:

1 Corinthians 11:3: "But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God."

If she does not fully agree with such clear and concise scripture, a backhand is in order. Repeat until she agrees with Jesus.

2.) Choose your methods for punishment in advance so she knows exactly what she stands to lose or the level of pain associated with each category of infraction. As an example, if she makes a snotty remark that the lawn needs mowing one week and gets a kick in the behind, and the next week you simply confiscate her crossword puzzle book for the same offense, you are sending mixed messages and failing in your duty to be as clear as God’s Word.

3.) Never argue or show weakness. As we know, the woman is as crafty as the serpent and will often resist her discipline with subtle comments that only slightly irritate you. If you allow this, it will escalate into a verbal confrontation and she may provoke you to the point that you lose all control. We do NOT want this to ever happen. Instead, the second the sassmouth starts back talking, administer the appropriate punishment and put an end to it. Remind her that Jesus didn’t mince words and you won’t either.

4.) Be fair. The punishment should fit the crime. Yes, overcooking the prime rib would, at first thought, call for a belt to the face, but control your tempers Brothers. We often need a quick prayer to get His advice. A more appropriate punishment in this case might be banning her use of the telephone for the next year. But don’t be too soft either. If she takes twenty dollars of your hard earned money with your ATM card to buy a new wardrobe, the belt should come off.

5.) Have compassion. If, after the discipline, she whimpers more than two days in her closet, let her out because she obviously isn’t reading the Bible anyway. Put her in her bed and start reading the Bible from Genesis 1 again to her. Emphasize that God made Adam first, Eve from Adam, the trickery of the woman, etc. She should soon see why she got herself in such a mess.

In Christ!

Warner S. Davidson 08-15-2010 12:25 AM

Re: Discipline Of The Wife

Brother Rubicon:

You are indeed a wise and learned man - Praise Jesus for your knowledge and skill in wrangling women

I am going to bookmark this page and keep it for future reference :thumbsup:

Choir Girl 08-15-2010 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warner S. Davidson (Post 580039)
Brother Rubicon:

You are indeed a wise and learned man - Praise Jesus for your knowledge and skill in wrangling women

I am going to bookmark this page and keep it for future reference :thumbsup:

Psalms 86:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the hours of the Lord for ever.

This my truth, not that all women get wrangled by husbands, do they? This is uncharted territory to me for I am but an angelic virgin. My pre-arraigned marriage to my fathers second cuzin twice removed from the famdamily is set for the dead of winter. Dear Lord, what shall I do if my voice does not please Him and he tosses me into the purely driven snow? Could this discipline actually apply... to me?

Warner S. Davidson 08-15-2010 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choir Girl (Post 580124)
Psalms 86:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the hours of the Lord for ever.

This my truth, not that all women get wrangled by husbands, do they? This is uncharted territory to me for I am but an angelic virgin. My pre-arraigned marriage to my fathers second cuzin twice removed from the famdamily is set for the dead of winter. Dear Lord, what shall I do if my voice does not please Him and he tosses me into the purely driven snow? Could this discipline actually apply... to me?

The short answer is YES.

Now could you please make your way over to the introduction thread and follow the instruction given

Brother Harold Porter 08-15-2010 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choir Girl (Post 580124)

Sister,

A verse that I am quite fond of, but irrelevant in this case.

Women do indeed get "wrangled" when they step out of line or open their pieholes before being told to speak.

You are already being uppity with all these sassy questions. Please introduce yourself here before I take my belt off...

In Christ.

Higgins 08-15-2010 06:00 PM

Thank you for the information Rubicon. I look forward to the day when I will have a wife, but it is always good to know exactly what God wants of the husbands. Praise Jesus.

Rev. Jim Osborne 08-16-2010 12:10 AM

I would consider myself an expert on marriage since I have been married 5 times, and I heartily agree with all of these suggestions that Brother Rubicon has posted. See, a woman is like a car: Check her out, take care of her, kick her every once in a while, and keep her locked in the garage. You're not a good car owner if you poorly maintain your vehicle and don't care what happens to it. As well, you would never considering taking your hands off the wheel and letting the car drive itself! Keep firm control over your car so you and the car can ride the highway to Heaven.

Warner S. Davidson 08-16-2010 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne http://www.landoverbaptist.net/image...s/viewpost.gif
I would consider myself an expert on marriage since I have been married 5 times, and I heartily agree with all of these suggestions that Brother Rubicon has posted. See, a woman is like a car: Check her out, take care of her, kick her every once in a while, and keep her locked in the garage. You're not a good car owner if you poorly maintain your vehicle and don't care what happens to it. As well, you would never considering taking your hands off the wheel and letting the car drive itself! Keep firm control over your car so you and the car can ride the highway to Heaven.
Re. Jim

Wise words and a very concise and accurate analogy

And may I add if a car gives you trouble, starts running dirty or becomes unreliable or defective it can be replaced by a newer and better one - Likewise a defective wife can be swiftly replaced with a better and possibly more compliant and Godly one

Disciple Luke 08-16-2010 01:36 AM

Wise words Brother Rubicon.

God blessed me with a wonderful 12 years with my wife Sarah. She died in childbirth seven months ago and I believed that God would never find me another wife. I was quite prepared to remain celibate and bring up my boys with the assistance of a paid nanny.

But God has lead me to Landover Baptists and I truly believe he has a plan for me that is different to my own.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

believer1 04-28-2011 06:41 PM

Have you men ever been in love with any of your women?

Cranky Old Man 04-28-2011 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by believer1 (Post 741407)

That's completely irrelevant. All that matters is how much we love God!

Brother Helge 04-28-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by believer1 (Post 741407)

I love Jesus!
That's what's important.

Brother Porter is trying to teach you something here so read and learn instead of asking irrelevant questions.

Twiggy 04-28-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Harold Porter (Post 580030)

If she does not fully agree with such clear and concise scripture, a backhand is in order. Repeat until she agrees with Jesus.

2.) Choose your methods for punishment in advance so she knows exactly what she stands to lose or the level of pain associated with each category of infraction. As an example, if she makes a snotty remark that the lawn needs mowing one week and gets a kick in the behind, and the next week you simply confiscate her crossword puzzle book for the same offense, you are sending mixed messages and failing in your duty to be as clear as God’s Word.

3.) Never argue or show weakness. As we know, the woman is as crafty as the serpent and will often resist her discipline with subtle comments that only slightly irritate you. If you allow this, it will escalate into a verbal confrontation and she may provoke you to the point that you lose all control. We do NOT want this to ever happen. Instead, the second the sassmouth starts back talking, administer the appropriate punishment and put an end to it. Remind her that Jesus didn’t mince words and you won’t either.

It would kind of suck to be married to you haha

believer1 04-28-2011 09:20 PM

I dont see how love can be irrelevant in a marriage...sorry, but thats just my opinion.

Pastor William Nathaniel Sampson 04-28-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by believer1 (Post 741569)
I dont see how love can be irrelevant in a marriage...sorry, but thats just my opinion.

For crying out loud. The idea of romantic love didn't come about except in the last three centuries or so. It has just gotten steadily worse with Hallmark and DeBeers telling women that if he doesn't buy you things that he doesn't love you. Whatever love means. :bad:

lukasekman 04-28-2011 09:34 PM

When needed, I punch my wife in her belly. A good punch knocks her air out, and give us both a needed break to calm down. This is useful if we got stuck in an argument loop.

There's a proverb "one punch is worth a thousand words"

Brother Helge 04-28-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lukasekman (Post 741585)
When needed, I punch my wife in her belly. A good punch knocks her air out, and give us both a needed break to calm down. This is useful if we got stuck in an argument loop.

There's a proverb "one punch is worth a thousand words"

I prefer the preemptive strike as I don't tolerate pointless argumentation.

Twiggy 04-28-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor William Nathaniel Sampson (Post 741572)
For crying out loud. The idea of romantic love didn't come about except in the last three centuries or so. It has just gotten steadily worse with Hallmark and DeBeers telling women that if he doesn't buy you things that he doesn't love you. Whatever love means. :bad:

Awww... my parents love each other. It's ok, one day you'll find the right girl!

wait_what 04-29-2011 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twiggy (Post 741605)
Awww... my parents love each other. It's ok, one day you'll find the right girl!

I am pretty sure the Pastor will be just fine. But any many trying to "find" the right girl will have a hard time seeing around you to the other women that could be right. You do take up the view. Please stop.

Barack 04-29-2011 06:44 AM

When I get married, I'll make sure that my wife is treated with love. respect (no violence.) I would never make her feel compelled to be a housewife. I don't believe in that gibberish and neither should you.